Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,530 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:09 AM

Lionel Messi, The Second Player To Ever Score 100 Goals In UCL - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Lionel Messi, The Second Player To Ever Score 100 Goals In UCL (33817 Views)

Cristiano Ronaldo Is The Only Player To Score 100+ Goals In EPL, UCL & La Liga / Mo Salah Becomes Second African To Score 100 Premier League Goals / Portugal Star Ronaldo Becomes Second Player To Ever Reach 100 International Goal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lionel Messi, The Second Player To Ever Score 100 Goals In UCL by Weedfree: 4:41pm On Mar 15, 2018
So CR7 sets the record and this messi just follows after how many years yet the guy still has the highest goals well congratulations messi but you are already late to the party and still trailing behind the all round player and Greatest of all Time I am very sorry for you and your fans good luck playing catch up to the ultimate Footballer.

2 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi, The Second Player To Ever Score 100 Goals In UCL by Queenserah26(f): 4:41pm On Mar 15, 2018
Merciless Messi
Re: Lionel Messi, The Second Player To Ever Score 100 Goals In UCL by giwish(m): 4:43pm On Mar 15, 2018
[quote author=Icon79 post=65863487]Haha!! About 20% of all the goals scored by Cristiano Ronaldo were actually from offside position or from dodgy penalties. Against Bayern Munich alone (last year's UEFA semi finals) he scored 2 penalties and 2 clear offside goals that were allowed to stand. Tells you everything you need to know about the conspiracy in the high places - some folks are determined to do whatever it takes to run up the numbers for Cristiano Ronaldo so he can challenge Messi.

gosh, they even awarded him a Ballon d'Or in a year his team didn't win any silverware whatsoever!

O pari

1)ronaldo did nt play a penalty at all in last year's UCL
2)the year 2012 when messi won balon d'or tell me 1silverware barca won dat year
3)talking about pks,messi dnt score pk at all in uefa bah?plus if he had scored the pk against chile he probably wud av an international trophy by now
Re: Lionel Messi, The Second Player To Ever Score 100 Goals In UCL by Icon79(m): 5:10pm On Mar 15, 2018
Hey, listen, if you wanna argue with me, argue the facts and don't try to put words into my mouth. I did not say anything about Cristiano scoring a penalty goal in the 2016/17 UEFA Champions League. What I said is that about 20% of ALL the goals he have scored in the UCL were either penalties or offside goals. Those are true statements. A quick google search would show you that one Cristiano Ronaldo has taken (and has scored) the most penalties in UEFA Champions League.

O pari

[quote author=giwish post=65865350][/quote]
Re: Lionel Messi, The Second Player To Ever Score 100 Goals In UCL by DabLord: 5:11pm On Mar 15, 2018
Dontquit:

Bros u mean even now u can't save the image? Well I crop it out too, if u tried it here and u can't still save it then I can send it to u tru WhatsApp if its k by u.
cheesy I can save image but opera mini doesnt allow a downloaded pic from nairaland to show
Re: Lionel Messi, The Second Player To Ever Score 100 Goals In UCL by Icon79(m): 5:11pm On Mar 15, 2018
Welcome to my crew, Serah!

O pari

Queenserah26:
Merciless Messi
Re: Lionel Messi, The Second Player To Ever Score 100 Goals In UCL by Icon79(m): 5:12pm On Mar 15, 2018
What are you doing with opera when there's google chrome out there

O pari

DabLord:
cheesy I can save image but opera mini doesnt allow a downloaded pic from nairaland to show
Re: Lionel Messi, The Second Player To Ever Score 100 Goals In UCL by Andy2274: 5:20pm On Mar 15, 2018
denkyw:
Messi messiah, it is not about who Reached there first, it is who reached there well...the guy always proofs his better than penaldo. 14 games less no be beans.
My happiness with all this is, all the noise of "he has never scored against Chelsea" has finally ended this year.
. Nigerians can argue blindly. It doesn't matter who reach there first but who reach there well........if Ronaldo did not reach it well how did it reach it first? Stop this meaningless argument jor

2 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi, The Second Player To Ever Score 100 Goals In UCL by Andy2274: 5:22pm On Mar 15, 2018
Icon79:
Hey, listen, if you wanna argue with me, argue the facts and don't try to put words into my mouth. I did not say anything about Cristiano scoring a penalty goal in the 2016/17 UEFA Champions League. What I said is that about 20% of ALL the goals he have scored in the UCL were either penalties or offside goals. Those are true statements. A quick google search would show you that one Cristiano Ronaldo has taken (and has scored) the most penalties in UEFA Champions League.

O pari

. Over sabi!
Re: Lionel Messi, The Second Player To Ever Score 100 Goals In UCL by giwish(m): 5:25pm On Mar 15, 2018
Icon79:

O pari

bt u wrote he scored two pks against bayern nd two offsides goals,so hw did i force words in ur mouth

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi, The Second Player To Ever Score 100 Goals In UCL by charlesm91(m): 5:29pm On Mar 15, 2018
Congrats to Messi, but Ronaldo is Mr. Champions league. Dude has more knockout goals and whatever record than Messi and co.
Re: Lionel Messi, The Second Player To Ever Score 100 Goals In UCL by DJMCOTTY(m): 5:37pm On Mar 15, 2018
Do u want any more breakdown? Rinaldo has played more champions league games than him
Re: Lionel Messi, The Second Player To Ever Score 100 Goals In UCL by rhames(m): 5:40pm On Mar 15, 2018
neezar:
Messi scored 100 goals in 123 games

Ronaldo scored 100 goals in 137 games

Messi is simply the best, Ronaldo can't come close

CR7 has 102 goals in 137
Re: Lionel Messi, The Second Player To Ever Score 100 Goals In UCL by DJMCOTTY(m): 5:41pm On Mar 15, 2018
InansBobo:
OK, and hope you know goals are hard to score in Premier league where Ronaldo started
Rinaldo did not start in premiere league
Re: Lionel Messi, The Second Player To Ever Score 100 Goals In UCL by DabLord: 5:50pm On Mar 15, 2018
Icon79:
What are you doing with opera when there's google chrome out there

O pari
I use opera mini for many thing...please just tell me the site
Re: Lionel Messi, The Second Player To Ever Score 100 Goals In UCL by DBlackCeazer(m): 5:56pm On Mar 15, 2018
He'll always remain second best to cr7. cool

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi, The Second Player To Ever Score 100 Goals In UCL by anigbajumo(m): 6:06pm On Mar 15, 2018
Diffdeef:

Since the Midget Messi doesn't want to go to another club to prove himself,since it took Messi 123 games to reach 100 UCL goals (in Barcelona,all his life),then let's calculate how many games it took Ronaldo to reach 100 UCL goals in real Madrid,Guess what ? It took Ronaldo 98 games to reach 102 goals in UCL since he moved to Madrid in 2009,but Midget Messi has been in Barcelona his entire Career and it took him 123 games.

Lol,ronaldo started his career as professional in Madrid while messi as a teenage,only a dumb analyst will say Ronaldo plays 95 in Madrid,20 in Manchester bla bla... He plays much more games than messi ,wat da hell is since he moved to Madrid.His number of matches is wat the statistics will show not a sectional match in man utd.Messi is even playing deep in barca or uno watch yesterday match not Rinaldo that stays in front through out his 90mins,I don't balme him anyway coz he lack creative ability....
Re: Lionel Messi, The Second Player To Ever Score 100 Goals In UCL by Icon79(m): 6:07pm On Mar 15, 2018
Sorry. Typo. I meant to say two offside goals.

O pari

giwish:

bt u wrote he scored two pks against bayern nd two offsides goals,so hw did i force words in ur mouth
Re: Lionel Messi, The Second Player To Ever Score 100 Goals In UCL by Icon79(m): 6:15pm On Mar 15, 2018
Thank you! That's one thing that gets me riled me most about all these silly comparisons between Messi and Cristiano. Yea...yeah, Cristiano is better because he has scored more goals than Messi.
First of all, all goals are NOT created equal. Watch Cristiano's mostly tap in goals and compare them to the masterpiece we receive from Messi.
Second, football is much more than goal scoring. If you really wanna make a legit comparison, then you gotta compare their overall body of work in the game and tell me who's superior. For instance, with 28 weeks gone in La Liga, Messi has more goals, assists, shots at goal, completed dribbles and created chances than any other player. Now, where's the comparison?!
Third, the two players don't even play the same positions either. Messi is a #10 whereas Cristiano is technically a #7 (forget the fact that he wears jersey #7).

And I can go on and on ....

O pari

anigbajumo:

Lol,ronaldo started his career as professional in Madrid while messi as a teenage,only a dumb analyst will say Ronaldo plays 95 in Madrid,20 in Manchester bla bla... He plays much more games than messi ,wat da hell is since he moved to Madrid.His number of matches is wat the statistics will show not a sectional match in man utd.Messi is even playing deep in barca or uno watch yesterday match not Rinaldo that stays in front through out his 90mins,I don't balme him anyway coz he lack creative ability....
Re: Lionel Messi, The Second Player To Ever Score 100 Goals In UCL by Icon79(m): 6:17pm On Mar 15, 2018
OK, Not familiar with opera mini. But I did try the opera browser sometime ago .... I wasn't a big fan tho.
And you can always download google chrome from the app store, if you need it.

O pari

DabLord:
I use opera mini for many thing...please just tell me the site
Re: Lionel Messi, The Second Player To Ever Score 100 Goals In UCL by engrchykae(m): 6:45pm On Mar 15, 2018
Olamyyde:
Ofcourse

500th barca goal against Madrid
600th career goal against atletico Madrid
100th UCL goal against Chelsea(fastest player to reach 100)

This man is the ultimate big game player and some senseless people will still say he should prove himself in the EPL angry
the epl that can't give players world best award?
The epl is just an overrated mediocre league filled with average players playing kick and follow
Re: Lionel Messi, The Second Player To Ever Score 100 Goals In UCL by engrchykae(m): 6:52pm On Mar 15, 2018
peterd53:
God save the king!!!
you must be a Cule.
When i saw the inscription"God save the King"
i was overwhelmed.
Behold the King of the Iron throne of the Iberian peninsula,his majesty,King messi,the first of his line,
Re: Lionel Messi, The Second Player To Ever Score 100 Goals In UCL by engrchykae(m): 6:58pm On Mar 15, 2018
aieromon:
Who cares about the second?

Who was the first?

Messi first UCL goal was in November 2005.
CR7 first UCL goal was in April 2007.

Messi 100th UCL goal was in March 2018.
CR7 100th UCL goal was in April 2017.

so Ronaldo didn't score in sporting Lisbon?
You simply chose the particular stuffs of lies that will rhyme with your narrative
Re: Lionel Messi, The Second Player To Ever Score 100 Goals In UCL by engrchykae(m): 7:00pm On Mar 15, 2018
Foolish44:
I pity Barca the day wey this god (Messi) go retire
keep your pity.
Sometimes ago,you pitied barca when Ronaldinho left
Re: Lionel Messi, The Second Player To Ever Score 100 Goals In UCL by engrchykae(m): 7:24pm On Mar 15, 2018
Troublemaker007:

He should come and prove himself. Period
i remembered when Pep was making waves in Spain,people like you bragged about how he will fail in England as a coach,how stoke city will break the legs of all his players.
Pep went to Germany,made waves then came to England and have been messing the English up,he already pocketed the carabao cup and epl.
He trashed everybody.
If you want to prove yourself,go to Spain.
For four consecutive seasons,the uefa trophy is chilling in Spain and you are here talking about the epl which is not better than Nigeria premier league if not for packaging.
Van nisteroy,thierry,overmars,suarez,coutinho,ronaldo etc left the so-called great epl to Spain to prove themselves as football greats and you are here talking how messi must go down to Egypt before you have sense

2 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi, The Second Player To Ever Score 100 Goals In UCL by Queenserah26(f): 7:47pm On Mar 15, 2018
Icon79:
Welcome to my crew, Serah!

O pari

thanks Icon79. I had so much fun last night grin

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi, The Second Player To Ever Score 100 Goals In UCL by Icon79(m): 8:04pm On Mar 15, 2018
Wow. You're definitely a soccer fan. And Barca fan too!

Make sure you follow me on twitter for the most current Barca and Messi news. Once you follow me, you'd understand why they call me Barcalonaldinho over there .... you'll have a lot of fun, I promise grin

O pari

Queenserah26:
thanks Icon79. I had so much fun last night grin
Re: Lionel Messi, The Second Player To Ever Score 100 Goals In UCL by Queenserah26(f): 8:10pm On Mar 15, 2018
Icon79:
Wow. You're definitely a soccer fan. And Barca fan too!

Make sure you follow me on twitter for the most current Barca and Messi news. One you follow me, you'd understand why they call me Barcalonaldinho over there .... you'll have a lot of fun, I promise grin

O pari

I will dear
Re: Lionel Messi, The Second Player To Ever Score 100 Goals In UCL by aieromon(m): 8:56pm On Mar 15, 2018
engrchykae:
so Ronaldo didn't score in sporting Lisbon?
You simply chose the particular stuffs of lies that will rhyme with your narrative

No, CR7 didn't score a UCL goal while he played for Sporting. You can do a research to confirm yourself.
Re: Lionel Messi, The Second Player To Ever Score 100 Goals In UCL by Nobody: 9:10pm On Mar 15, 2018
InansBobo:
OK, and hope you know goals are hard to score in Premier league where Ronaldo started
please ask Man City to know how far
Re: Lionel Messi, The Second Player To Ever Score 100 Goals In UCL by Dontquit: 9:32pm On Mar 15, 2018
DabLord:

Why not make use of UC.
Re: Lionel Messi, The Second Player To Ever Score 100 Goals In UCL by engrchykae(m): 9:43pm On Mar 15, 2018
aieromon:

No, CR7 didn't score a UCL goal while he played for Sporting. You can do a research to confirm yourself.
in your analysis try and be fair.
I just tried to know whether you knew whether ronaldo played for sporting Lisbon because many fans didn't know that cr7 played in sporting and that messi played for newell old boys.
That said,Ronaldo started playing professional football before Leo because cr7 was already a professional by 2003/2004 playing for sporting and the Portugal national team in euro 2004 when messi is still in barca B.
It was after the under 20 youth world cup in the Netherlands in 2005 that he was promoted to the barca first team wearing squad number 30 then.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Drogba Hails Mohamed Salah As He Breaks His Premier League Record / Barca To Pay Liverpool Extra €5m After Coutinho Won The UCL For ANOTHER Team / How Ronaldo Helped Juventus Beat Barca & PSG To Wonderkid De Ligt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.