Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,158 members, 7,835,876 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:44 PM

Oyedepo: "A Member Flew In From Germany To Canaanland For Every Sunday Service" - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Oyedepo: "A Member Flew In From Germany To Canaanland For Every Sunday Service" (40528 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo Criticized For Holding Service At Canaanland Amid Covid-19 / Bishop Oyedepo: A Lady From Switzerland Offered To Pay Me To Pray For Her / Oyedepo: A Believer Behaving Like Mumu In Place Of Authority, This Is Evil Govt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oyedepo: "A Member Flew In From Germany To Canaanland For Every Sunday Service" by chuksjuve(m): 1:25pm On Mar 15, 2018
This talk isn't needed and of no gospel relevance neither is it edifying to that hear.

It reeks of pride and social arrogance.

You just gave room for unbelievers and athiest to mock God

2 Likes

Re: Oyedepo: "A Member Flew In From Germany To Canaanland For Every Sunday Service" by Enemyofpeace: 1:26pm On Mar 15, 2018
Abeg dat one no matter Jo, it's not by flying person dey make heaven
Re: Oyedepo: "A Member Flew In From Germany To Canaanland For Every Sunday Service" by Adoga1759: 1:27pm On Mar 15, 2018
femu:
So what do we do with this information?

Please use the information take cook means
Re: Oyedepo: "A Member Flew In From Germany To Canaanland For Every Sunday Service" by Icon79(m): 1:28pm On Mar 15, 2018
Does he mean fly in EVERY Sunday for the service? I doubt it. He's probably talking about a member who flies in every now and then.

O pari

HigherEd:
Bishop Oyedepo:"We've had A Member Who Flies In From Germany For Sunday Services"

At time 40:00 to 41:00 Bishop Oyedepo talking to Graduates of Covenant University talked about the importance of Impact. He explained that without impact there was no way church members would leave Lagos where many other churches(which are very good) existed to come all the way to Ota where Canaanland is located. He cited an example of an individual who comes to worship at Canaanland all the way from Germany for Sunday service. According to the Bishop the individual flies in on Sunday morning and flies back at Sunday evening to start work on Monday(The Individual presumably owns a Private Jet)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?t=2495s&v=XmjDMRNjkQs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmjDMRNjkQs

Re: Oyedepo: "A Member Flew In From Germany To Canaanland For Every Sunday Service" by freeay: 1:33pm On Mar 15, 2018
I pray God for this kind of blessing.Ameen.

Anybody way like, make him day take Molue to church just to form good samaritan, na him own ministry be that.Lol!

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo: "A Member Flew In From Germany To Canaanland For Every Sunday Service" by Acidosis(m): 1:34pm On Mar 15, 2018
superhumanist:
Lol

A sensible pastor would tell the member to stop jetting like that because it is a waste of money and also harmful for the environment.

You guys will always look for an excuse to justify almost anything.

Do you know it is a waste of money when you take okada (N100) to worship in a church in another street when there are 10s of churches in your neighborhood?
That N100 you spend on transportation can help a soul.

You see private jet as a luxury, well that's fine. However, to some, it is simply a means of transportation.

Next time, ensure you walk to the closest church to your house, don't pollute the environment with your car or okada.

7 Likes

Re: Oyedepo: "A Member Flew In From Germany To Canaanland For Every Sunday Service" by Adedamola8193: 1:34pm On Mar 15, 2018
when M K O Abiola was alive he use to jet to suadi for jumat service , abeg let the guy spend his money as he like you sef go get your money and do what you like not wasting time on nairaland

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo: "A Member Flew In From Germany To Canaanland For Every Sunday Service" by slimfit1(m): 1:34pm On Mar 15, 2018
The person surely lack wisdom or has no knowledge at all. My God is everywhere not in a building.
Re: Oyedepo: "A Member Flew In From Germany To Canaanland For Every Sunday Service" by babaireti(m): 1:35pm On Mar 15, 2018
Daddy Freeze must hear this ,someone must help deliver the Germo traveller
Re: Oyedepo: "A Member Flew In From Germany To Canaanland For Every Sunday Service" by Themandator: 1:36pm On Mar 15, 2018
CuteMadridista:
I smell lies or half truths

No lies.. A lady was doing it in my small branch here in calabar. She flies every in for midweek and Sunday services, from Abuja. Now she is moved to Abuja. I know because I am a family to them .... Don't want to dispose her identity

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo: "A Member Flew In From Germany To Canaanland For Every Sunday Service" by Themandator: 1:38pm On Mar 15, 2018
slimfit1:
The person surely lack wisdom or has no knowledge at all. My God is everywhere not in a building.

Impact is not the same everywhere otherwise people like me would not have left the Catholic Church for Winners.

Mind you, my mums dad is a catechist, my wife is a cadet

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oyedepo: "A Member Flew In From Germany To Canaanland For Every Sunday Service" by coputa(m): 1:39pm On Mar 15, 2018
chloedogie:

If you know the definition of wealth, your mode of talking will change man. What if I told you that a son of a former minister here in this Abuja used to fly weekends to watch Arsenal FC play for like 2-3 years and come back the same day on a private jet. This is not a news it is what I know. If he sleeps over, he must have gone clubbing(which he prefers to do in Nigeria). He must come back after the match. And they are telling you another person flew Germany to Nigeria for sunday services you are making noise. I met with a Nigerian sometimes ago at The Potter's House in Dallas who used to attend Sunday services flying Nig to Houston every weekend. I pray your story changes one day amen.
God is a spirit,he can be assessed from any location,he hears all languages,so,it is sheer waste and foolishness.Our men of God in Nigeria are too proud,they never humble themselves.

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo: "A Member Flew In From Germany To Canaanland For Every Sunday Service" by Sirpaul(m): 1:39pm On Mar 15, 2018
which impact be that.....
Re: Oyedepo: "A Member Flew In From Germany To Canaanland For Every Sunday Service" by lexy2014: 1:39pm On Mar 15, 2018
Sijo01:

People like you normally end up lonely, depressed and Frustrated.
don't mind him. I remember a period I used 2 travel out 2 Amsterdam just 2go charge my phone

2 Likes

Re: Oyedepo: "A Member Flew In From Germany To Canaanland For Every Sunday Service" by CuteMadridista: 1:42pm On Mar 15, 2018
Themandator:

No lies.. A lady was doing it in my small branch here in calabar. She flies every in for midweek and Sunday services, from Abuja. Now she is moved to Abuja. I know because I am a family to them .... Don't want to dispose her identity

don't wanna be that guy but its "Disclose"

I still find yours believable as its still within Nigeria but travelling internationally every Sunday? from Germany?

I also added the words "Half Truth" cuz the guy flying in might actually have another purpose for flying in and the church is actually a "Secondary reason" for his flying while Oyedepo is presenting it as though they flew all the way from Germany just for the purpose of worshipping in Ota
Re: Oyedepo: "A Member Flew In From Germany To Canaanland For Every Sunday Service" by airsaylongcon: 1:42pm On Mar 15, 2018
chloedogie:

If you know the definition of wealth, your mode of talking will change man. What if I told you that a son of a former minister here in this Abuja used to fly weekends to watch Arsenal FC play for like 2-3 years and come back the same day on a private jet. This is not a news it is what I know. If he sleeps over, he must have gone clubbing(which he prefers to do in Nigeria). He must come back after the match. And they are telling you another person flew Germany to Nigeria for sunday services you are making noise. I met with a Nigerian sometimes ago at The Potter's House in Dallas( Bishop TD Jakes Church ) who used to attend Sunday services flying Nig to Houston every weekend. I pray your story changes one day amen.

You are going too far mentioning minister child. I know a staff of a company in Bonny who does this

2 Likes

Re: Oyedepo: "A Member Flew In From Germany To Canaanland For Every Sunday Service" by chloedogie(m): 1:44pm On Mar 15, 2018
coputa:
God is a spirit,he can be assessed from any location,he hears all languages,so,it is sheer waste and foolishness.Our men of God in Nigeria are too proud,they never humble themselves.

There is no law in the bible that says you cannot travel all the way to listen to a certain preacher. Jesus taught the multitudes and many that heard of His power came from different towns to see Him. They had priests in their temples and synagogues but why did they go all the way to look for Jesus, matter of choice. I had my primary education in Oyo state, my secondary in Osun/Kwara and my Tertiary in Lagos. Why was I going round? A matter of choice. So I stay in front of my tv and watch arsenal play a match and another person decided to fly down and watch it live, a matter of choice. Life is simple and easy may God make it like that for us all.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyedepo: "A Member Flew In From Germany To Canaanland For Every Sunday Service" by Themandator: 1:47pm On Mar 15, 2018
chuksjuve:
This talk isn't needed and of no gospel relevance neither is it edifying to that hear.

It reeks of pride and social arrogance.

You just gave room for unbelievers and athiest to mock God

How does it reek of pride...... His enunciation is on impact.... If they, student, are good people will come from every corner of the word to look for them.

I pass a couple of churches everytime I go to service just to get to winners and I never regret it because of the impart of the word.

The same Bible different message. Why do you imagine that somebody who has been a member of a particular church for years has never gone for service with a jotter but he Joins another church and he is like a student...carrying note book and bible every time he goes to church because he know that a secret would be revealed from the word that would solve a problem

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Oyedepo: "A Member Flew In From Germany To Canaanland For Every Sunday Service" by firebaby(f): 1:47pm On Mar 15, 2018
chloedogie:

If you know the definition of wealth, your mode of talking will change man. What if I told you that a son of a former minister here in this Abuja used to fly weekends to watch Arsenal FC play for like 2-3 years and come back the same day on a private jet. This is not a news it is what I know. If he sleeps over, he must have gone clubbing(which he prefers to do in Nigeria). He must come back after the match. And they are telling you another person flew Germany to Nigeria for sunday services you are making noise. I met with a Nigerian sometimes ago at The Potter's House in Dallas( Bishop TD Jakes Church ) who used to attend Sunday services flying Nig to Houston every weekend. I pray your story changes one day amen.
Amen o.....I claim this In Jesus Name

2 Likes

Re: Oyedepo: "A Member Flew In From Germany To Canaanland For Every Sunday Service" by Acidosis(m): 1:50pm On Mar 15, 2018
Themandator:

Impact is not the same everywhere otherwise people like me would not have left the Catholic Church for Winners.

It goes beyond impact.. There's something Marketers call "brand loyalty". A very loyal customer or member of any organisation or company will do almost anything to remain or continue to enjoy certain privileges [and there's nothing anybody can do about it].

2 Likes

Re: Oyedepo: "A Member Flew In From Germany To Canaanland For Every Sunday Service" by chloedogie(m): 1:50pm On Mar 15, 2018
airsaylongcon:

You are going too far mentioning minister child. I know a staff of a company in Bonny who does this

God bless you o. Even here in Abuja, one of my senior colleagues is a Juventus fan, Phillip flies like thrice a month to watch Juve play. When it comes to champions league matches, he follows them round europe watching matches live, but when it comes to things of God, we start criticizing.

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo: "A Member Flew In From Germany To Canaanland For Every Sunday Service" by cadre88(m): 1:54pm On Mar 15, 2018
On Christian threads, Muslims are allowed to type whatever they like without being checked. Is Nairaland Islamic or is Seun trying to avoid non Muslims from provoking the ever angry Muslims?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oyedepo: "A Member Flew In From Germany To Canaanland For Every Sunday Service" by NairaMaster1(m): 1:55pm On Mar 15, 2018
HigherEd:

Tueh sule there are many reasons he could have used "had"
1) Member no longer resides in Germany or member probably now stays in naija
2) Winners Chapel now translates sermons on the internet and Domi radio- which I believe can be assessed anywhere in the world.
3) Member now worships with another Ministry now.
4) Oyedepo probably wasn't paying so much attention on the tenses he was using. It is a Sermon not a Speech reading and ministers sometimes interchange words like 'Had' for 'have' or 'take' for 'took'

Ignore them. Such fellow will climb a tree to welcome Buhari and other sponsors of terrorism. Truth is always bitter.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oyedepo: "A Member Flew In From Germany To Canaanland For Every Sunday Service" by StaffofOrayan(m): 1:59pm On Mar 15, 2018
Nigerian has to be the country with the biggest duality, we have the most churches and possibly the most mosques, yet the highest tribal dislike for one other, most corrupt and possibly the most wicked set of people, surely most are worshiping demons!
We have abandoned our own traditions instead of improving it and taking out the blood and gore.
If you go to a traditional elder and tell him you have problems he would tell you to buy gifts and give it orphans, and less privileged
If you go to a pastor/Iman he would tell you so sow tithe or provoke God with an offering in his church/mosque
Now who is right?
James 1:27 : Religion that is pure and undefiled before God the Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their affliction, and to keep oneself unstained.

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo: "A Member Flew In From Germany To Canaanland For Every Sunday Service" by chloedogie(m): 2:02pm On Mar 15, 2018
superhumanist:
Lol

A sensible pastor would tell the member to stop jetting like that because it is a waste of money and also harmful for the environment.

A sensible you should walk from your house to office or school or market because taking a car is injurious to the environment. Also a sensible you should not be using a phone to browse and be causing damage to yourself and people around you due to rays emitting from the phone and smokes coming from the MTN or GLO mast that provides data services for your phone.

2 Likes

Re: Oyedepo: "A Member Flew In From Germany To Canaanland For Every Sunday Service" by talk2percy(m): 2:14pm On Mar 15, 2018
These "God of men" can brag for Africa shaa...the person has. A private jet
, so nah league of private jet owners thing now, abi? Kwantunu....

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo: "A Member Flew In From Germany To Canaanland For Every Sunday Service" by Pennywise(m): 2:19pm On Mar 15, 2018
CuteMadridista:
I smell lies or half truths

With Oyedepo there are no half truths. Just pure, barefaced, arrogant lies. But what the hell, the people love him and worship him with their money
Re: Oyedepo: "A Member Flew In From Germany To Canaanland For Every Sunday Service" by Frankicent(m): 2:20pm On Mar 15, 2018
chloedogie:

TD Jakes said, one of the things he discovered about rich people is that when they sit to discuss business and deals, they argue, slam the desk and curse each other but when it is 12.00 clock mid-day, one will look at another and say ''James, it is 12 let us go for lunch''. Just after hot words and everything they move on. He said big people don't think small. But the small people just look for unproductive arguments and debates. May God liberate us all.

Lemme claim this prayer for my self.. Amen

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oyedepo: "A Member Flew In From Germany To Canaanland For Every Sunday Service" by chloedogie(m): 2:24pm On Mar 15, 2018
Frankicent:

Lemme claim this prayer for my self.. Amen

I claim it too and for my generations to come. Divine inflow. Amen IJN.

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo: "A Member Flew In From Germany To Canaanland For Every Sunday Service" by UDUJ(m): 2:28pm On Mar 15, 2018
VIPERVENOM:
It's no big deal. Back then in secondary school, i used to fly from Germany to Nigeria everyday to attend classes

grin During my youth service I used to fly from Abuja to Lagos to use the toilet grin

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo: "A Member Flew In From Germany To Canaanland For Every Sunday Service" by chloedogie(m): 2:28pm On Mar 15, 2018
HigherEd:

Amazingly, Christianity is a "senseless" faith led by senseless people in submission to a Senseless Savior. God forbid on Christ return that all He meets is a sensible church... No! For we walk by Faith and not by SIGHT.

There is nothing sensible about Peter lunging out on that sea with the intention to walk on water.

There is nothing sensible about Abraham believing his wife could give birth at such an advanced age.

There is nothing sensible about Oyedepo engaging in a one year fast which resulted to nose bleeding but yet still continued...

There is nothing sensible about a Missionary leaving the good life of Europe and crashing out at sea or dying of malaria. Yet more senseless ones kept coming even hearing others had perished!

I am a SENSELESS Christian and I am Proud of my Senselessness.

So you see man if you want to make any meaning of the Christian life you had better be senseless.

May you days be long. The things of the spirit looks foolish to the canal man so I won't blame some of them for their ignorance. Their eyes are blinded not to see and their ears blocked not to hear. But may they encounter the savior one day. AMEN.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Oyedepo: "A Member Flew In From Germany To Canaanland For Every Sunday Service" by Evince(m): 2:33pm On Mar 15, 2018
Waste of resources. He can use d money and help ppl around him and use the balance to subscribe strong WiFi to follow up online. People be behaving like God is not everywhere.

That doesn't mean the German guy will make heaven nor does that means that will oyedepo make heaven.

God alone knows the real ones that will make heaven

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bishop Godday Iboyi Shares Anointed Bread To His Church Members / Inyene Sampson Akpan Is Patrick Edet's Wife-To-Be (Photos) / Primate Ayodele: "Buhari And Osinbajo Would Have Problem"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.