Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,496 members, 7,826,868 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 09:59 PM

As A Youth, What's Your Excuse For Not Supporting Sowore Omoyele For President? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / As A Youth, What's Your Excuse For Not Supporting Sowore Omoyele For President? (1875 Views)

Revolution Now: Ibrahim Dan Arrested By DSS For Supporting Sowore On Facebook / Why Are Nigerian Youths Not Supporting Sowore / Viola Adaku Onwuliri Disgraced In New York By Sowore Omoyele (Throwback Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

As A Youth, What's Your Excuse For Not Supporting Sowore Omoyele For President? by EazyMoh(m): 3:10pm On Mar 15, 2018
considering...
1. He doesn't belong to the crop of politicians who have been ruling since before we were born.
2. He has always criticized every administration or corrupt politician irrespective of their region, tribe or region.
3. His Sahara TV is 1000times better than NTA despite the latter consuming more than 1000times more fund to run.
4. It's highly unlikely that he'd re appoint former PDP/APC chairmen as members of his cabinet like PMB did.
5. He is detribalised and to be honest am not even sure of what religion he follows.
As a Youth like me what possible excuse could you have not to support him? and instead decide to support a Buhari who is clearly now taken over by the corrupt cabal, or Atiku that is the textbook definition of everything wrong with our corrupt politicians?.
Mynd44 Seun, Lalasticlala Tonyebarcanista omenkalives maclatunji... what's your excuses?

1 Like

Re: As A Youth, What's Your Excuse For Not Supporting Sowore Omoyele For President? by HRHQueenPhil(f): 3:33pm On Mar 15, 2018
because we gave yahaya bello a chance, and now regretting it so much, we av ran 2 arm ourselves with the PVC 2 flush him out. ALso he is not experienced
Re: As A Youth, What's Your Excuse For Not Supporting Sowore Omoyele For President? by EazyMoh(m): 3:36pm On Mar 15, 2018
My political ideology has always been to always support the best candidate among the choices to the best of my knowledge and understanding. Doing this has always cleared my conscience and given peace of mind with respect to consequences for my actions as dictated by my faith.
In 2007 I supported and voted for Yar'Adua against Buhari. This was despite people around me rooting for Buhari. Personally I was convinced while PMB had the unparalleled reputation of being honest, austere and detest thieves rogues and corrupt people, I believed Yar'Adua would make a better president simply because of his general appeal and acceptance nationwide.
Fast forward to 2011 and the choice was between GEJ and PMB. As a northerner who counts every Friday prayer as a potential last Friday to die in the hands of Boko Haram bombs, the worst GEJ administration kept blaming the opposition as being behind Boko Haram to make the country ungovernable for them. Without even trying to arrest the so called opposition made it inevitable to make sure that there was a change of government.
I supported Buhari and I am not regretting that, and given the same option GEJ versus Buhari I'd still vote Buhari again.
But now as far as 2019 is concerned, my best option is by far Sowore Omoyele.

4 Likes

Re: As A Youth, What's Your Excuse For Not Supporting Sowore Omoyele For President? by EazyMoh(m): 3:38pm On Mar 15, 2018
HRHQueenPhil:
because we gave yahaya bello a chance, and now regretting it so much, we av ran 2 arm ourselves with the PVC 2 flush him out. ALso he is not experienced
Look at you, how many Yahaya Bellos do we have among the politicians that mess up things compared to the number of Atikus?
I am not saying we shall always vote for a younger candidate when faced a choice, but if we want a leader that can bring about the changes we want he shall be young, educated and wise enough to make those changes. Look at Al-Walid Bin Talal AlMakhtoum and King Salman of Saudi Arabia. Look at the changes they are bringing.
By the way we have the power to vote him out in 2023 when he turns out like Yahaya Bello.
A

2 Likes

Re: As A Youth, What's Your Excuse For Not Supporting Sowore Omoyele For President? by HRHQueenPhil(f): 3:42pm On Mar 15, 2018
u asked questions, answer come. why u dey vex.
EazyMoh:

Look at you, how many Yahaya Bellos do we have among the politicians that mess up things compared to the number of Atikus?
Re: As A Youth, What's Your Excuse For Not Supporting Sowore Omoyele For President? by mars123(m): 3:43pm On Mar 15, 2018
when the time comes we will know who to support.

2 Likes

Re: As A Youth, What's Your Excuse For Not Supporting Sowore Omoyele For President? by EazyMoh(m): 3:49pm On Mar 15, 2018
HRHQueenPhil:
u asked questions, answer come. why u dey vex.
Well the answer is silly. Just because a Pilot named Steve crashed a plane doesn't mean every other pilot named Steve is gonna crash the next flight.
Re: As A Youth, What's Your Excuse For Not Supporting Sowore Omoyele For President? by 0monnak0da: 3:51pm On Mar 15, 2018
HRHQueenPhil:
First of all I do not support or not support him .I will listen to him first but I will like to challenge the logic of your position.

Firstly Yahaya Bello is not the first Youth to rule in Nigeria
Tafawa Balewa was

Ironsi was 42
We had Gowon reportedly 29 when he became Head of State
Murtala Mohammed Must have been very close to 40. Obasanjo was 39
Buhari was 45
IBB was 41
Yar adua was 56

Shagari was about 55

Fashola was 44 when he became governor
Amaechi was 42
Akpabio was maybe 45

Should I mention that Buhari was Governor about 10 years before he became Head of State .
Diete-Spiff must have been in his 20s when he became governor of RIvers state.

So factually your argument is wrong

Logically too let us assume that factually you are right and say we gave Yahaya Belllo who is a youth a chance and he failed.That leaves 35 other governors who are supposedly not youths. Have they succeeded? The premise of your arguent would imply that the NON_YOUTH governors are doing well.Is that so? My argument would be let us have 18 non-youth governors to compare 18 elders before drawing any conclusion .

Factually however the truth is most of our leaders have been youths when they took office.
In fact Buhari and Obasanjo are the only ones who have been over 60

The main problem with Sowore is TRACK RECORD and politicaal experience .

3 Likes

Re: As A Youth, What's Your Excuse For Not Supporting Sowore Omoyele For President? by EazyMoh(m): 3:51pm On Mar 15, 2018
mars123:
when the time comes we will know who to support.
Bros the time has come o, we have less than a year.
Mind you this could be the perfect time to destroy the so called North-South zoning dichotomy. By supporting a candidate away from the mainstream permutations of the old cargos we'd be setting a stand for taking back our country.
Re: As A Youth, What's Your Excuse For Not Supporting Sowore Omoyele For President? by PaChukwudi44(m): 3:53pm On Mar 15, 2018
because hes an asshole
Re: As A Youth, What's Your Excuse For Not Supporting Sowore Omoyele For President? by EazyMoh(m): 3:58pm On Mar 15, 2018
PaChukwudi44:
because hes an asshole
I could have told you to grow up, but I thought you are too old for this.

1 Like

Re: As A Youth, What's Your Excuse For Not Supporting Sowore Omoyele For President? by HRHQueenPhil(f): 4:07pm On Mar 15, 2018
ema binu sa. u av a point. i retract my comment.
EazyMoh:

Well the answer is silly. Just because a Pilot named Steve crashed a plane doesn't mean every other pilot named Steve is gonna crash the next flight.

1 Like

Re: As A Youth, What's Your Excuse For Not Supporting Sowore Omoyele For President? by EazyMoh(m): 4:16pm On Mar 15, 2018
HRHQueenPhil:
ema binu sa. u av a point. i retract my comment.
That's the spirit. So are you gonna Support Sowore then?
Re: As A Youth, What's Your Excuse For Not Supporting Sowore Omoyele For President? by mars123(m): 4:18pm On Mar 15, 2018
EazyMoh:

Bros the time has come o, we have less than a year.
Mind you this could be the perfect time to destroy the so called North-South zoning dichotomy. By supporting a candidate away from the mainstream permutations of the old cargos we'd be setting a stand for taking back our country.
Who is this candidate you are talking about and has he declared his intention to run? Has he also laid down his plans, ideas and his manifesto?
Re: As A Youth, What's Your Excuse For Not Supporting Sowore Omoyele For President? by MORNDEW(m): 4:25pm On Mar 15, 2018
Have nothing against Sowore, in fact I love him. But in 2019, it's PMB or no one.
Anybody can start tearing their shirt. But do well to challenge me to a debate on my reasons after your usual rants and insults. I welcome them a lot.
Re: As A Youth, What's Your Excuse For Not Supporting Sowore Omoyele For President? by EazyMoh(m): 4:27pm On Mar 15, 2018
mars123:
Who is this candidate you are talking about and has he declared his intention to run? Has he also laid down his plans, ideas and his manifesto?
Sowore Omoyele, the publisher of Sahara Reporters, Someone who's fed up with all the BS and finally decided to contest himself.
Re: As A Youth, What's Your Excuse For Not Supporting Sowore Omoyele For President? by EazyMoh(m): 4:31pm On Mar 15, 2018
MORNDEW:
Have nothing against Sowore, in fact I love him. But in 2019, it's PMB or no one.
Anybody can start tearing their shirt. But do well to challenge me to a debate on my reasons after your usual rants and insults. I welcome them a lot.
I doubt you are a bigger fan to PMB than I, but I believe the cabal has taken over everything, he has little knowledge about what goes on not to talk of doing anything.
But let's hear from you what makes a continuation of this administration the best choice.

1 Like

Re: As A Youth, What's Your Excuse For Not Supporting Sowore Omoyele For President? by CSTR2: 4:47pm On Mar 15, 2018
He is Yoruba.

Yorubas are not the only ones in the country.

Others know how to rule too.

1 Like

Re: As A Youth, What's Your Excuse For Not Supporting Sowore Omoyele For President? by EazyMoh(m): 4:59pm On Mar 15, 2018
0monnak0da:

First of all I do not support or not support him .I will listen to him first but I will like to challenge the logic of your position.

Firstly Yahaya Bello is not the first Youth to rule in Nigeria
Tafawa Balewa was 48
We had Gowon reportedly 29 when he became Head of State
Murtala Mohammed Must have been very close to 40. Obasanjo was 39
Buhari was 45
IBB was 41
Yar adua was 56

Shagari was about 55

Fashola was 44 when he became governor
Amaechi was 42
Akpabio was maybe 45

Should I mention that Buhari was Governor about 10 years before he became Head of State .
Diete-Spiff must have been in his 20s when he became governor of RIvers state.

So factually your argument is wrong

Logically too let us assume that factually you are right and say we gave Yahaya Belllo who is a youth a chance and he failed.That leaves 35 other governors who are supposedly not youths. Have they succeeded? The premise of your arguent would imply that the NON_YOUTH governors are doing well.Is that so? My argument would be let us have 18 non-youth governors to compare 18 elders before drawing any conclusion .

Factually however the truth is most of our leaders have been youths when they took office.
In fact Buhari and Obasanjo are the only ones who have been over 60

The main problem with Sowore is TRACK RECORD and politicaal experience .

Thank you for elaborating further. However I think we shall all support him because the two alternatives we have aren't looking good. We either continue with this government where the cabal make all the decisions including reinstating a wanted fugitive, as well as lying to our faces that Thailand shut down 7 factories.
OR we make a bigger mistake by bringing back PDP gang of heartless thieves via Atiku or any of their corruption champions.
OR we could take a novel route by voting someone entirely different from the above. Who do you think is better than Sowore Omoyele.
Re: As A Youth, What's Your Excuse For Not Supporting Sowore Omoyele For President? by EazyMoh(m): 5:12pm On Mar 15, 2018
CSTR2:
He is Yoruba.

Yorubas are not the only ones in the country.

Others know how to rule too.
Oga the future of Nigeria shall be different from the past and the present. Comments such as this shall be considered hate speech. You shouldn't be against someone based on their ethnicity.
How would you feel if someone opposes you just because you are black.

3 Likes

Re: As A Youth, What's Your Excuse For Not Supporting Sowore Omoyele For President? by QuotaSystem: 5:21pm On Mar 15, 2018
Let's hear his manifesto.
Lets know his true backers.
Let him express his motive.
What is his economic blueprint?
Let him state his position on critical national topics.

We should be wary of supporting just anyone for emotional reasons.

2 Likes

Re: As A Youth, What's Your Excuse For Not Supporting Sowore Omoyele For President? by TrueHeart365(m): 5:22pm On Mar 15, 2018
Cos he's a sell-out, two-faced lying journalist.

Trust me... You don't want that kind of person running a country.

Check my signature below wink
Re: As A Youth, What's Your Excuse For Not Supporting Sowore Omoyele For President? by 0monnak0da: 5:27pm On Mar 15, 2018
EazyMoh:

Thank you for elaborating further. However I think we shall all support him because the two alternatives we have aren't looking good. We either continue with this government where the cabal make all the decisions including reinstating a wanted fugitive, as well as lying to our faces that Thailand shut down 7 factories.
OR we make a bigger mistake by bringing back PDP gang of heartless thieves via Atiku or any of their corruption champions.
OR we could take a novel route by voting someone entirely different from the above. Who do you think is better than Sowore Omoyele.
Support him without hearing from him?
From what I have seen of him he is immature and temperamental. This is not about age. I would say the same about El-Rufai, Wike,Amaechi, Ajimobi, Okorocha and many others.
If there is one person I stiill like it is Fashola. Has anyone noticed how he has been absent at all these weddings lately(Maybe dem no invite am). He is a focused individual. I prefer him to Osinbajo.
Fashola is not perfect and anyone who was chief of staff to Tinubu must have a few skeletons in his cupboard. Nevertheless he is getting experience at Federal level which was a negative before.

The real issue Nigera needs to contend with is whether we can remain together and most of the political class are in denial about this. After that we must reduce the influence of the centre and the president. I am talking of a Federal Government less than half the current size No Universities No Teaching Hospitals and lots less.
The issue is not about rotating the presidency but returning power back locally and allowing people to develop at their own pace using their own resources
The parasitic North would not like this and prefer to continue as we are till the country burns

The other issues for me are making elections totally independent of the governent and rig proof.
I do not see any Northerner addressing the real issues in Nigeria. The one Northerner who I thinks has the experience is El_rufai but he is too irrational and Jingoistic for me

As a Yoruba person I want us to give up any claims on oil money and focus on Human capital development.
If peole are telling the Tivs in 2018 how they conquered them in 1818 then we must be honest that Nigeria will not work. We do not like ourselves
Sooner or later there will be a major bloodletting when Rwanda would look like child's play.

In summary the issue is not about presidency but the Nigerian project a country where this year more than 30 people average have been killed every day and we act as if everything is fine

1 Like

Re: As A Youth, What's Your Excuse For Not Supporting Sowore Omoyele For President? by anibirelawal(m): 5:38pm On Mar 15, 2018
My excuse is that, am a die hard fans of PMB.

PMB anytime.
Sowore can try his luck by 2023, i might support him then.
Re: As A Youth, What's Your Excuse For Not Supporting Sowore Omoyele For President? by 0monnak0da: 6:07pm On Mar 15, 2018
With the benefit of hindsight Buhari is worse than Jonathan. The man seems paralysed. To say that after 3 years he believes all his Ministers are doing fine and he has not changed any. Hmm
It seems to me that the man is on some kind of stimulant drug . I could be wrong

Anyway the key thing is ideas

Let us make a list of 4 ideas that Buhari has

e.g what are Buhari's ideas on IT
On the economy the only ideas I have seen are
Go back to farm and
Search for oil in the North

and Fulani Herdsmen are killing farmers

What are Buhari's ideas on education and training for our young people and how to deal with unemployment.

Buhari that did not know his son had a motorbike( This confirms a fundamental problem he had when he was military head of state. His grip on intelligence agencies was weak and that was why he was overthrown) Now he does not know where his IG is.

Under Buhari soldiers have becoe more brutal and indisciplined.

He appointent his kinsment to key security positions but two of them

Danbazzau and Mansur are clearly very incompetent.

N one has mentioned wh is responsible for the IG if not Danbazzau?

Again with regards to Custos e see the same lack of ideas i.e start accosting people on the road for import duties on their cars. No idea on how to deemphasize the paramilitary aspect and emphasize the revenue generating aspect. What thhe Customs needs is not a soldier if he must bring in an outsider but an accountant .Soeone who understands IT and revenue generation. How to block leakages.That is not a matter of brute force but creativity.

These things are totally beyond the scope of Buhari's brain
Re: As A Youth, What's Your Excuse For Not Supporting Sowore Omoyele For President? by EazyMoh(m): 6:19pm On Mar 15, 2018
0monnak0da:

Support him without hearing from him?
From what I have seen of him he is immature and temperamental. This is not about age. I would say the same about El-Rufai, Wike,Amaechi, Ajimobi, Okorocha and many others.
If there is one person I stiill like it is Fashola. Has anyone noticed how he has been absent at all these weddings lately(Maybe dem no invite am). He is a focused individual. I prefer him to Osinbajo.
Fashola is not perfect and anyone who was chief of staff to Tinubu must have a few skeletons in his cupboard. Nevertheless he is getting experience at Federal level which was a negative before.

The real issue Nigera needs to contend with is whether we can remain together and most of the political class are in denial about this. After that we must reduce the influence of the centre and the president. I am talking of a Federal Government less than half the current size No Universities No Teaching Hospitals and lots less.
The issue is not about rotating the presidency but returning power back locally and allowing people to develop at their own pace using their own resources
The parasitic North would not like this and prefer to continue as we are till the country burns

The other issues for me are making elections totally independent of the governent and rig proof.
I do not see any Northerner addressing the real issues in Nigeria. The one Northerner who I thinks has the experience is El_rufai but he is too irrational and Jingoistic for me

As a Yoruba person I want us to give up any claims on oil money and focus on Human capital development.
If peole are telling the Tivs in 2018 how they conquered them in 1818 then we must be honest that Nigeria will not work. We do not like ourselves
Sooner or later there will be a major bloodletting when Rwanda would look like child's play.

In summary the issue is not about presidency but the Nigerian project a country where this year more than 30 people average have been killed every day and we act as if everything is fine
Oga you are all over the place.
You mentioned Fashola, the question is is he contesting?
As far as he is concerned PMB is doing a wonderful job. Tell me what policy is Fashola pursuing in the power sector that is expected to solve our power problems.
As it appears we basically have 3 options in 2019. A continuation of PMB, a return to PDP via Atiku or whoever they field. and a new direction via a third force which Sowore now presents.
We can't claim to be fed up with the system while reluctant to take radical changes like voting in Sowore.
And what are you talking about the parasitic north? Mind you there are failed leaders from every corner and it is a lazy excuse to put the blame entirely on the north.
I am a northerner and I'd vote to divide the country if it was put up for vote.
Few months ago it was Ebonyi state governor who was saying that he gets jittery whenever restructuring/secession is mentioned.
So get your thoughts together and decide which option you gonna make among the 3 I listed above. Apparently we don't have a fourth.
Re: As A Youth, What's Your Excuse For Not Supporting Sowore Omoyele For President? by EazyMoh(m): 6:22pm On Mar 15, 2018
0monnak0da:

With the benefit of hindsight Buhari is worse than Jonathan. The man seems paralysed. To say that after 3 years he believes all his Ministers are doing fine and he has not changed any. Hmm
It seems to me that the man is on some kind of stimulant drug . I could be wrong

Anyway the key thing is ideas

Let us make a list of 4 ideas that Buhari has

e.g what are Buhari's ideas on IT
On the economy the only ideas I have seen are
Go back to farm and
Search for oil in the North

and Fulani Herdsmen are killing farmers

What are Buhari's ideas on education and training for our young people and how to deal with unemployment.

Buhari that did not know his son had a motorbike( This confirms a fundamental problem he had when he was military head of state. His grip on intelligence agencies was weak and that was why he was overthrown) Now he does not know where his IG is.

Under Buhari soldiers have becoe more brutal and indisciplined.

He appointent his kinsment to key security positions but two of them

Danbazzau and Mansur are clearly very incompetent.

N one has mentioned wh is responsible for the IG if not Danbazzau?

Again with regards to Custos e see the same lack of ideas i.e start accosting people on the road for import duties on their cars. No idea on how to deemphasize the paramilitary aspect and emphasize the revenue generating aspect. What thhe Customs needs is not a soldier if he must bring in an outsider but an accountant .Soeone who understands IT and revenue generation. How to block leakages.That is not a matter of brute force but creativity.

These things are totally beyond the scope of Buhari's brain

So do you agree Sowore can fix that since you seem to lack any hope in PMB?
Re: As A Youth, What's Your Excuse For Not Supporting Sowore Omoyele For President? by 0monnak0da: 6:23pm On Mar 15, 2018
EazyMoh:

Oga you are all over the place.
You mentioned Fashola, the question is is he contesting?
As far as he is concerned PMB is doing a wonderful job. Tell me what policy is Fashola pursuing in the power sector that is expected to solve our power problems.
As it appears we basically have 3 options in 2019. A continuation of PMB, a return to PDP via Atiku or whoever they field. and a new direction via a third force which Sowore now presents.
We can't claim to be fed up with the system while reluctant to take radical changes like voting in Sowore.
And what are you talking about the parasitic north? Mind you there are failed leaders from every corner and it is a lazy excuse to put the blame entirely on the north.
I am a northerner and I'd vote to divide the country if it was put up for vote.
Few months ago it was Ebonyi state governor who was saying that he gets jittery whenever restructuring/secession is mentioned.
So get your thoughts together and decide which option you gonna make among the 3 I listed above. Apparently we don't have a fourth.
You are entitled to your opinion
Re: As A Youth, What's Your Excuse For Not Supporting Sowore Omoyele For President? by 0monnak0da: 6:25pm On Mar 15, 2018
EazyMoh:

So do you agree Sowore can fix that since you seem to lack any hope in PMB?
I am sure I have already addressed that and have nothing more to add
Re: As A Youth, What's Your Excuse For Not Supporting Sowore Omoyele For President? by EazyMoh(m): 6:26pm On Mar 15, 2018
anibirelawal:
My excuse is that, am a die hard fans of PMB.

PMB anytime.

Sowore can try his luck by 2023, i might support him then.
Unless his stay in office is directly responsible for your livelihood, it's unpatriotic to support a candidate that is least qualified and ready to move the country forward.
Anyway we hope you see reason to support Sowore even before 2023.
Re: As A Youth, What's Your Excuse For Not Supporting Sowore Omoyele For President? by EazyMoh(m): 6:27pm On Mar 15, 2018
0monnak0da:

You are entitled to your opinion
So is everybody. Cheers!
Re: As A Youth, What's Your Excuse For Not Supporting Sowore Omoyele For President? by 0monnak0da: 6:33pm On Mar 15, 2018
EazyMoh:

So is everybody. Cheers!
Yes The North is parasitic on the South ..That is a fact .It is not a matter of failed leaders.Just that the North brings nothing to the table and has a strong interest in the status quo.

The issue for me is more than changing president but whether we want to continue as one Nigeria.

The fact is Nigeria can only be held together as it is now by force. A wedding at gunpoint. How long can we continue like that.

The problem then is the parasitic north needs to give up its appetite for oil money and start thinking of what to contribute

Let us start practising true federalism and not wait for a resident to transform the whole country. Let the component parts transform themselves
Do you imagiine this herdsmen thing can continue indefinitely?

The issue is not the presidency but federalism

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breaking: Yaya Bello Looses As Dino Recall Ends - Pics / Viral Pictures Shows Igodomigodo Seriously Eating Bread With Mirinda ���. / Pix From Half Filled Pdp Rally In Port Harcourt.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.