Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,076 members, 7,825,398 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:17 PM

As A Youth, What's Your Excuse For Not Supporting Sowore Omoyele For President? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / As A Youth, What's Your Excuse For Not Supporting Sowore Omoyele For President? (1872 Views)

Revolution Now: Ibrahim Dan Arrested By DSS For Supporting Sowore On Facebook / Why Are Nigerian Youths Not Supporting Sowore / Viola Adaku Onwuliri Disgraced In New York By Sowore Omoyele (Throwback Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: As A Youth, What's Your Excuse For Not Supporting Sowore Omoyele For President? by dignity33: 6:39pm On Mar 15, 2018
Because he's fake sometimes and a blackmailer. He cannot be trusted
Re: As A Youth, What's Your Excuse For Not Supporting Sowore Omoyele For President? by Paretomaster(m): 6:50pm On Mar 15, 2018
Because I don't want to waste my vote, he won't win, because PMB will contest, and if he do, he will win...

Besides I prefer Tambuwal.....
Re: As A Youth, What's Your Excuse For Not Supporting Sowore Omoyele For President? by EazyMoh(m): 8:26pm On Mar 15, 2018
0monnak0da:

Yes The North is parasitic on the South ..That is a fact .It is not a matter of failed leaders.Just that the North brings nothing to the table and has a strong interest in the status quo.

The issue for me is more than changing president but whether we want to continue as one Nigeria.

The fact is Nigeria can only be held together as it is now by force. A wedding at gunpoint. How long can we continue like that.

The problem then is the parasitic north needs to give up its appetite for oil money and start thinking of what to contribute

Let us start practising true federalism and not wait for a resident to transform the whole country. Let the component parts transform themselves
Do you imagiine this herdsmen thing can continue indefinitely?

The issue is not the presidency but federalism
Please keep telling yourself that. Majority of states in the so called south are also parasites and bring nothing to the table example I gave you like Ebonyi where the governor is vehemently against the restructuring. Propose a change of status quo and what over 70% of states from the so called south fight it withal they got.
Personally I wish the country would restructure on whatever ground the oil producing states want it. I know my state can make about the N4bn on food produce we bring down south. we'd simply put a 500% levy for every produce transported down south. and let's see which is more important, food or oil.

The whole regionalism was the idea of the north in the first place, because we knew it would be the best system for everyone.

The southerners seized power and abolished the regional government we are in a mess today and you are still blaming the north.
Getting a president that would make things work is more realistic than achieving restructuring from nowhere.
None of your so called representatives in the legislature has proposed a bill towards amending the constitution to restructure Nigeria in to federation units but you are here ranting. How is the country going to be restructured by continuing to rant online that north are parasites?
Re: As A Youth, What's Your Excuse For Not Supporting Sowore Omoyele For President? by EazyMoh(m): 8:27pm On Mar 15, 2018
Paretomaster:
Because I don't want to waste my vote, he won't win, because PMB will contest, and if he do, he will win...

Besides I prefer Tambuwal.....
It's actually the opposite, he wooudlnt win if people like you have this attitude and never vote for him.
Also it's more honorable to vote for the best candidate even if he doesn't win than not to vote or vote for wrong candidate. Your conscience would be clear.
Re: As A Youth, What's Your Excuse For Not Supporting Sowore Omoyele For President? by EazyMoh(m): 8:30pm On Mar 15, 2018
dignity33:
Because he's fake sometimes and a blackmailer. He cannot be trusted
Well who do you trust more, Buhari Atiku or him?
Re: As A Youth, What's Your Excuse For Not Supporting Sowore Omoyele For President? by Obdk: 9:17pm On Mar 15, 2018
he is sell out pen for hire..
he is a blackmailer
Re: As A Youth, What's Your Excuse For Not Supporting Sowore Omoyele For President? by omohayek: 10:01pm On Mar 15, 2018
QuotaSystem:
Let's hear his manifesto.
Lets know his true backers.
Let him express his motive.
What is his economic blueprint?
Let him state his position on critical national topics.

We should be wary of supporting just anyone for emotional reasons.
The lack of all these is precisely the reason why I don't support him: he hasn't bothered to share any specifics of how he'll do things differently, just the same vague generalities about being "detribalized" and "fighting corruption" that everyone else spouts at election time. Unlike certain low-IQ types who fixate on tribe to the exclusion of everything else, I don't really care whether Sowore is from the same village as I am, or even if he's my first cousin by blood: what I want from him are concrete things like what his economic philosophy is, what specific steps he'll take towards decentralization, how he'll reorganize policing, what he'll prioritize spending on, how he plans to raise funds for his programs, etc. It's good that Sowore doesn't have the dubious record of someone like Atiku, but as Buhari has shown, good intentions aren't enough without plans or a coherent ideology of governance.

2 Likes

Re: As A Youth, What's Your Excuse For Not Supporting Sowore Omoyele For President? by Paretomaster(m): 10:12pm On Mar 15, 2018
EazyMoh:

It's actually the opposite, he wooudlnt win if people like you have this attitude and never vote for him.
Also it's more honorable to vote for the best candidate even if he doesn't win than not to vote or vote for wrong candidate. Your conscience would be clear.

Sorry, I still trust PMB better than this guy....
Re: As A Youth, What's Your Excuse For Not Supporting Sowore Omoyele For President? by EazyMoh(m): 10:18pm On Mar 15, 2018
Paretomaster:

Sorry, I still trust PMB better than this guy....
PMB is not the problem, the corrupt and dubious people he puts in charge are.
Re: As A Youth, What's Your Excuse For Not Supporting Sowore Omoyele For President? by Paretomaster(m): 10:20pm On Mar 15, 2018
EazyMoh:

PMB is not the problem, the corrupt and dubious people he puts in charge are.

The same will happen with whoever comes in, unless we have a revolution....
Re: As A Youth, What's Your Excuse For Not Supporting Sowore Omoyele For President? by EazyMoh(m): 10:25pm On Mar 15, 2018
Paretomaster:

The same will happen with whoever comes in, unless we have a revolution....
Naah that's not an excuse Sir. We could have voted for GEJ again na in 2015. The sole advantage of democracy is that we get to replace under performing leaders periodically.
Re: As A Youth, What's Your Excuse For Not Supporting Sowore Omoyele For President? by Paretomaster(m): 10:27pm On Mar 15, 2018
EazyMoh:

Naah that's not an excuse Sir. We could have voted for GEJ again na in 2015. The sole advantage of democracy is that we get to replace under performing leaders periodically.

PMB will have his second term..... It's settled, others can Come on board then.
Re: As A Youth, What's Your Excuse For Not Supporting Sowore Omoyele For President? by EazyMoh(m): 10:28pm On Mar 15, 2018
omohayek:

The lack of all these is precisely the reason why I don't support him: he hasn't bothered to share any specifics of how he'll do things differently, just the same vague generalities about being "detribalized" and "fighting corruption" that everyone else spouts at election time. Unlike certain low-IQ types who fixate on tribe to the exclusion of everything else, I don't really care whether Sowore is from the same village as I am, or even if he's my first cousin by blood: what I want from him are concrete things like what his economic philosophy is, what specific steps he'll take towards decentralization, how he'll reorganize policing, what he'll prioritize spending on, how he plans to raise funds for his programs, etc. It's good that Sowore doesn't have the dubious record of someone like Atiku, but as Buhari has shown, good intentions aren't enough without plans or a coherent ideology of governance.
Thank you sir for that wonderful input. I agree with you. Let's wait and see (a) the party he joins, (b) the people he brings into the campaign (c) his manifesto and plans for the country's problems. However, I'd rather support him with hope that he might do better than continue to support this directionless administration.
Re: As A Youth, What's Your Excuse For Not Supporting Sowore Omoyele For President? by EazyMoh(m): 10:29pm On Mar 15, 2018
Paretomaster:

PMB will have his second term..... It's settled, others can Come on board then.
OK if you say so.
Re: As A Youth, What's Your Excuse For Not Supporting Sowore Omoyele For President? by MORNDEW(m): 11:50pm On Mar 15, 2018
EazyMoh:

I doubt you are a bigger fan to PMB than I, but I believe the cabal has taken over everything, he has little knowledge about what goes on not to talk of doing anything.
But let's hear from you what makes a continuation of this administration the best choice.
Do not shoot yourself on the foot. Who is the cabal, what are there names? How did they come about? You see it enough reasons you want to be seen as not not supporting Buhari but do so without apologies. Don't append such fallacy as cabal etc. Something you can't quantify. Like I said, I have loads of reasons to continue with PMB so also do many. But when one log into this forum, one will think PMB has not even increased the foreign reserve at least. And maybe people like you base their wavering believe on comments here emanating from some of the worst illiterates and ignorant lots on this forum.

That they get likes doesn't me it's the right thing.
Like I said, anyone can challenge me to a debate on why I should support PMB in 2019. In that debate I will vomit my reasons. But dem fit? They prefer to type jargons and get likes from fellow illiterates.
MORNDEW
Re: As A Youth, What's Your Excuse For Not Supporting Sowore Omoyele For President? by MIKOLOWISKA: 4:35am On Mar 16, 2018
0monnak0da:

First of all I do not support or not support him .I will listen to him first but I will like to challenge the logic of your position.

Firstly Yahaya Bello is not the first Youth to rule in Nigeria
Tafawa Balewa was

Ironsi was 42
We had Gowon reportedly 29 when he became Head of State
Murtala Mohammed Must have been very close to 40. Obasanjo was 39
Buhari was 45
IBB was 41
Yar adua was 56

Shagari was about 55

Fashola was 44 when he became governor
Amaechi was 42
Akpabio was maybe 45

Should I mention that Buhari was Governor about 10 years before he became Head of State .
Diete-Spiff must have been in his 20s when he became governor of RIvers state.
and they all failed
no be by age

So factually your argument is wrong

Logically too let us assume that factually you are right and say we gave Yahaya Belllo who is a youth a chance and he failed.That leaves 35 other governors who are supposedly not youths. Have they succeeded? The premise of your arguent would imply that the NON_YOUTH governors are doing well.Is that so? My argument would be let us have 18 non-youth governors to compare 18 elders before drawing any conclusion .

Factually however the truth is most of our leaders have been youths when they took office.
In fact Buhari and Obasanjo are the only ones who have been over 60

The main problem with Sowore is TRACK RECORD and politicaal experience .

Re: As A Youth, What's Your Excuse For Not Supporting Sowore Omoyele For President? by Nobody: 8:00am On Mar 16, 2018
CSTR2:
He is Yoruba.

Yorubas are not the only ones in the country.

Others know how to rule too.
Is anyone stopping others from contesting?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ekiti State Funds Should Be Recovered From Fayose Urgently. / Nigeria's Capital Is Guarded By 1964 Era Air Defense Systems. / Buhari Will Appoint Northerner As New Minister Of Finance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.