Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,066 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:43 AM

Wedding Of Patrick Henry Edet And Inyene Sampson Akpan (Photos) - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Wedding Of Patrick Henry Edet And Inyene Sampson Akpan (Photos) (66884 Views)

Chris Okotie And Tom Sampson: 2 Nigerian Pastors Who Own Rolls-Royce / Patrick Henry Edet And Inyene Sampson White Wedding Photos / Inyene Sampson Akpan Is Patrick Edet's Wife-To-Be (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wedding Of Patrick Henry Edet And Inyene Sampson Akpan (Photos) by tete7000(m): 11:54pm On Mar 15, 2018
CuteMadridista:
Sex, I've done a lot of things I'm not proud of just to have sex... heck, I've done a lot of stupid sheets just to make a girl want to have sex with me. dare I say the world is actually built around sex, sex and potential for sex makes the world go round

This is why I feel all these fathers are either some aliens, masturbating or they're gays

We see world through our own lens. You can't give what you don't have and even if someone gives you what you weren't conditioned to value, no matter how valuable the gift, you won't still cherish it.
Your perception on celibacy is understood. It is a mystery beyond your comprehension.
Re: Wedding Of Patrick Henry Edet And Inyene Sampson Akpan (Photos) by shadeyinka(m): 11:56pm On Mar 15, 2018
ofuonyebi:

those who abandoned Jesus Christ to have a taste of the pleasure of the world...forget that one day, the world and its pleasures will come to end!
Did he tell you his abandoning Jesus or the Catholic church

Didn't Pope Benedict do worse than him?

1 Like

Re: Wedding Of Patrick Henry Edet And Inyene Sampson Akpan (Photos) by shadeyinka(m): 11:58pm On Mar 15, 2018
Apina:
Celibacy is not a law in the church but a discipline and thats why Jesus said in Matthew " For there are eunuchs who have been so from birth, and there are eunuchs who have been made eunuchs by men, and there are eunuchs who have made themselves eunuchs for the sake of the kingdom of heaven. Let the one who is able to receive this receive it.”(Matt 19:12). The priesthood falls into the third category, every man of his own accord puts himself forward and takes an oath before God. I bet if he was a priest to one of these gods, and after taking an oath chooses to go back on his word, he would be dead by now and thats why Jesus said;
61 "Still another said, “I will follow you, Lord; but first let me go back and say goodbye to my family.”
62 Jesus replied, “No one who puts a hand to the plow and looks back is fit for service in the kingdom of God.” (Luke 9:61-62).

I have nothing against him but a promise is a promise and he knew what it was all about before putting himself forward for ordination, nobody put a gun to his head undecided
Don't judge him too hard. Pope Benedict also did the right thing

1 Like

Re: Wedding Of Patrick Henry Edet And Inyene Sampson Akpan (Photos) by shadeyinka(m): 12:02am On Mar 16, 2018
giftedheart1:
sure he may not have committed sin against God or the catholic church. But one thing is certain, he failed. He failed in the sense that to become a catholic priest, you are been made to undergo a training as long as 10years! i think that is enough for someone to properly discern what he wanted in life. more over, prior to his ordination, he is asked to declare his intention, and i think he must have been positive to this before his bishop could lay his hands on him. I also think you err by saying categorically that 'no catholic priest is a virgin'. this is a fallacy of hasty generalization.

Would it be better to remain a Priest while commiting fornication?

It could be that he saw some unscriptural things in the name of church tradition and he chose not to continue in it

1 Like

Re: Wedding Of Patrick Henry Edet And Inyene Sampson Akpan (Photos) by Yankeeboyjnr: 12:03am On Mar 16, 2018
Congratulations to you, wishing you a happy married life and God's protection...
Re: Wedding Of Patrick Henry Edet And Inyene Sampson Akpan (Photos) by shadeyinka(m): 12:04am On Mar 16, 2018
Biggers82:
that guy has sold his soul to devil
stupid man

And Pope Benedict?
Re: Wedding Of Patrick Henry Edet And Inyene Sampson Akpan (Photos) by emotionroll(m): 12:32am On Mar 16, 2018
d Devil be doing everytin just for d End time....is staying away frm sex too much to do for God dat gave u life and true love in abundance?...congrat to him shaa

1 Like

Re: Wedding Of Patrick Henry Edet And Inyene Sampson Akpan (Photos) by Nobody: 12:37am On Mar 16, 2018
Mariangeles:
It didn't take him long! smh
It wasn't about the Catholic church holding him back after all, it was all about the flesh.

Why would someone want to marry a man who swore an oath of celibacy then went back on his word...?

Whether you swore as a Catholic priest or not, fact is you swore an oath to GOD, then you went back on your word.
Any scripture backing not marrying as a priest since he swore an oath?
Does the Bible forbid preacher of the word from marrying or it is man's ideology?

1 Like

Re: Wedding Of Patrick Henry Edet And Inyene Sampson Akpan (Photos) by Telemundo: 12:46am On Mar 16, 2018
Where did he get the money to start a family immediately?

He ought to have been living on stipends.

May God have mercy on all of us.
Re: Wedding Of Patrick Henry Edet And Inyene Sampson Akpan (Photos) by LZAA: 1:09am On Mar 16, 2018
I respect that man more than any pastor in Nigeria; (1) He challenge catholic doctrine, by refusing to observe most of the candle burning stuff. Instead to allow Catholic's high priest prevent him from fulfilling his destiny: He resigned honourably.

[/quote]
this part weak me
first of he's not a pastor he is a catholic priest so ur respect is awkward tbh
secondly the catholic church has stood firm despite various attacks on it and it's doctrine and will remain so
he was not forced into priesthood and d church always gives chance to those who want to leave
just as pastors have good and bad so do priests the only difference is that unlike pastors,priests cannot be flaunting wealth up and down

1 Like

Re: Wedding Of Patrick Henry Edet And Inyene Sampson Akpan (Photos) by Nobody: 1:26am On Mar 16, 2018
CuteMadridista:
Sex, I've done a lot of things I'm not proud of just to have sex... heck, I've done a lot of stupid sheets just to make a girl want to have sex with me. dare I say the world is actually built around sex, sex and potential for sex makes the world go round

This is why I feel all these fathers are either some aliens, masturbating or they're gays

Many have girl friends, some sleep with rev sisters and some even have wives and kids.

Both home and abroad, they are the same. Many have sex.

1 Like

Re: Wedding Of Patrick Henry Edet And Inyene Sampson Akpan (Photos) by donqx: 1:42am On Mar 16, 2018
oh
Re: Wedding Of Patrick Henry Edet And Inyene Sampson Akpan (Photos) by adeniyisamuel59(m): 1:49am On Mar 16, 2018
ofuonyebi:

those who abandoned Jesus Christ to have a taste of the pleasure of the world...forget that one day, the world and its pleasures will come to end!
Story for the gods
Re: Wedding Of Patrick Henry Edet And Inyene Sampson Akpan (Photos) by MIKOLOWISKA: 2:02am On Mar 16, 2018
Mariangeles:
It wasn't about the Catholic church holding him back after all, it was all about the flesh.

Why would someone want to marry a man who swore an oath of celibacy then went back on his word...?

Whether you swore as a Catholic priest or not, fact is you swore an oath to GOD, then you went back on your word.
he swore an oath WHILE he WAS a priest.
he isn't anymore

1 Like

Re: Wedding Of Patrick Henry Edet And Inyene Sampson Akpan (Photos) by Nobody: 2:24am On Mar 16, 2018
Mariangeles:

Who CREATED the FLESH..

DEVIL abiiiii..

1 Like

Re: Wedding Of Patrick Henry Edet And Inyene Sampson Akpan (Photos) by Johncuppa(m): 2:40am On Mar 16, 2018
Mariangeles:

Bro, where did catholic even receive their fathers idea from?
Just asking, pls. If possible shows from Bible

1 Like

Re: Wedding Of Patrick Henry Edet And Inyene Sampson Akpan (Photos) by Johncuppa(m): 2:45am On Mar 16, 2018
emotionroll:
d Devil be doing everytin just for d End time....is staying away frm sex too much to do for God dat gave u life and true love in abundance?...congrat to him shaa
Are you a father?
Does being a married man makes you serve God less.
...two are better than one
...it is not good for a man to be alone
...what God has joined together, let no man put asunder
...male and female God made them

Tell me something I don't know pls
Re: Wedding Of Patrick Henry Edet And Inyene Sampson Akpan (Photos) by Princesscherry(f): 3:01am On Mar 16, 2018
Why Are All Catholic Men Not Priests And Catholic Women Not Sisters? Dats A Question To Those Judging Him Like Pontius Pilate 2018 Version.. U Think Priests And Sisters Are The Only Ones Called To Service? Dats Y Anytime Someone Starts Saying Sh*t Abt Penticoasta Churches, I Laugh At Their Ignorance.. In My Church(i Can Only Defend My Church And It's Affiliations) Everyone Is Told To Be Of Service To God.. The Work Is Not Left For The Pastor Alone.. Everyone Has An Obligation To Carry Out As A Christian..

1 Like

Re: Wedding Of Patrick Henry Edet And Inyene Sampson Akpan (Photos) by CuteMadridista: 3:18am On Mar 16, 2018
DIKEnaWAR:

Lagos or Ogun state?
I don't understand the question
Re: Wedding Of Patrick Henry Edet And Inyene Sampson Akpan (Photos) by godofuck231: 3:35am On Mar 16, 2018
Mariangeles:

If the burden is that heavy? Say it out and the Catholic Church will release u of ur vows, it's not a do die thing, it's simple

2 Likes

Re: Wedding Of Patrick Henry Edet And Inyene Sampson Akpan (Photos) by perez100: 3:41am On Mar 16, 2018
I was not ordained but I was on the process to it. The Catholic Church accept resignation if you can't bear it. It is better than to decieve yourself. The Bishop must have heard and accepted his reasons.

1 Like

Re: Wedding Of Patrick Henry Edet And Inyene Sampson Akpan (Photos) by CHIGIM: 4:08am On Mar 16, 2018
what is this one saying
Mariangeles:

Re: Wedding Of Patrick Henry Edet And Inyene Sampson Akpan (Photos) by pfadom: 4:14am On Mar 16, 2018
It's better to go back on your word than to burn with passion and defile yourself with all manners of immorality. Decision to have a wife is not a sin in anyway. Please read 1 Corinthians 7.

Mariangeles:

1 Like

Re: Wedding Of Patrick Henry Edet And Inyene Sampson Akpan (Photos) by Mariangeles(f): 4:21am On Mar 16, 2018
MIKOLOWISKA:
he swore an oath WHILE he WAS a priest. he isn't anymore
No...He swore an oath BEFORE he became a priest!
Re: Wedding Of Patrick Henry Edet And Inyene Sampson Akpan (Photos) by MIKOLOWISKA: 4:24am On Mar 16, 2018
Mariangeles:
No...He swore an oath BEFORE he became a priest!
YEAH to NOT Bleep while a priest not to remain a priest for ever
Re: Wedding Of Patrick Henry Edet And Inyene Sampson Akpan (Photos) by Mariangeles(f): 4:27am On Mar 16, 2018
Apina:
Celibacy is not a law in the church but a discipline and thats why Jesus said in Matthew " For there are eunuchs who have been so from birth, and there are eunuchs who have been made eunuchs by men, and there are eunuchs who have made themselves eunuchs for the sake of the kingdom of heaven. Let the one who is able to receive this receive it.”(Matt 19:12). The priesthood falls into the third category, every man of his own accord puts himself forward and takes an oath before God. I bet if he was a priest to one of these gods, and after taking an oath chooses to go back on his word, he would be dead by now and thats why Jesus said;
61 "Still another said, “I will follow you, Lord; but first let me go back and say goodbye to my family.”
62 Jesus replied, “No one who puts a hand to the plow and looks back is fit for service in the kingdom of God.” (Luke 9:61-62).

I have nothing against him but a promise is a promise and he knew what it was all about before putting himself forward for ordination, nobody put a gun to his head undecided
Well said!
Re: Wedding Of Patrick Henry Edet And Inyene Sampson Akpan (Photos) by Mariangeles(f): 4:30am On Mar 16, 2018
MIKOLOWISKA:
YEAH to NOT Bleep while a priest not to remain a priest for ever
...to forsake EVERYTHING!
That is why they don't stay with their families after when they become a priest
Re: Wedding Of Patrick Henry Edet And Inyene Sampson Akpan (Photos) by G8Arthur(m): 4:32am On Mar 16, 2018
Parise abi saducee? Are u any better? How many times have u broken ur promise to God? Be there cricizing like a monkey, mycheew!

Mariangeles:

Re: Wedding Of Patrick Henry Edet And Inyene Sampson Akpan (Photos) by femi4: 4:42am On Mar 16, 2018
Mariangeles:

Keep kwayet
1Cor 7:8

It is good for them to stay unmarried, as I do. 9But if they cannot control themselves, they should marry, for it is better to marry than to burn with passion.

2 Likes

Re: Wedding Of Patrick Henry Edet And Inyene Sampson Akpan (Photos) by cc77(m): 5:29am On Mar 16, 2018
Homeboiy:
He first de fùck that lady behind close doors undecided
i am telling you oooo
Re: Wedding Of Patrick Henry Edet And Inyene Sampson Akpan (Photos) by Ndywin: 5:32am On Mar 16, 2018
Mariangeles:

Before you crucify the former Catholic Priest... How many times have you promised God to leave an impeccable life yet gone back to your sins, oath is equally a promise to God, life is more personal than people views and opinions... Peter denied(broke his promise/oath) Jesus three times yet God forgave him and he became the Rock upon which the church was built

1 Like

Re: Wedding Of Patrick Henry Edet And Inyene Sampson Akpan (Photos) by Etianwanokon: 5:33am On Mar 16, 2018
Lets not judge him but pray for him.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

- Winner's Chapel Members Meet Here- / Paul Enenche Replies Daddy Freeze On Building World Largest Church / "Stop Giving Offerings In Redeemed Churches If....." - Pastor Adeboye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.