Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,021 members, 7,818,024 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:01 AM

Philippines Government Bulldozes 14 More Smuggled Luxury Cars,841 More To Follow - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Philippines Government Bulldozes 14 More Smuggled Luxury Cars,841 More To Follow (20111 Views)

UK Firm Will Pay You ₦13.4m/yr To Find Luxury Cars In UAE Supercar Graveyards / Nigerian Royal Fathers Welcome Prince Charles, Arrive In Luxury Cars / Collections Of Luxury Cars In Dubai Police Force Fleet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Philippines Government Bulldozes 14 More Smuggled Luxury Cars,841 More To Follow by Coldfeets: 6:05am On Mar 16, 2018
JONNYSPUTE:
Correct. People are bashing the man for taking such stand,while they are suffering in Niger because of our corrupt politicians. The same people calling him names here are still the same people clamouring for a better Nigeria. They don't want to understand that this decisive steps are what brings about good governance.

The truth is that so many of our suffering and smiling citizens are suffering from Stockholm Syndrome.

Thus they will most likely go to any length to protect and defend the same corrupt officials abusing them.
Re: Philippines Government Bulldozes 14 More Smuggled Luxury Cars,841 More To Follow by Mynd44: 6:06am On Mar 16, 2018
pimper24:
what kind of wrong grammar is the heading of this post? What does it mean to bulldoze? Why not destroys with bulldozer or crushes as used I the passage. @Seun, I think it's time for you to employ some English graduates to help edit some posts cos our kids also read some posts on Nairalanf

bulldoze
ˈbʊldəʊz/
verb
clear (ground) or destroy (buildings, trees, etc.) with a bulldozer.
"developers are bulldozing the site"
synonyms: demolish, knock down, tear down, pull down, flatten, fell, level, raze, raze to the ground, clear, destroy, lay waste to
"they are planning to bulldoze the park and build workers' flats"

You are welcome

4 Likes

Re: Philippines Government Bulldozes 14 More Smuggled Luxury Cars,841 More To Follow by JONNYSPUTE(m): 6:11am On Mar 16, 2018
Coldfeets:

The truth is that so many of our suffering and smiling citizens are suffering from Stockholm Syndrome.

Thus they will most likely go to any length to protect and defend the same corrupt officials abusing them.
...Most people in this country are not ready to hear the truth or say the truth. If our president can take such measures,I swear,everybody will sit up.
Re: Philippines Government Bulldozes 14 More Smuggled Luxury Cars,841 More To Follow by Originalsly: 6:12am On Mar 16, 2018
Esseite:
It should have been auctioned to add to the nations income or given to govt workers whom deserve official cars.

What is the point of crushing it?
Read again.....and you may grab why they are not auctioned.

1 Like

Re: Philippines Government Bulldozes 14 More Smuggled Luxury Cars,841 More To Follow by Cutehector(m): 6:15am On Mar 16, 2018
This is the kind of person Nigeria needs as a ruler.
Re: Philippines Government Bulldozes 14 More Smuggled Luxury Cars,841 More To Follow by baddosky1: 6:23am On Mar 16, 2018
trouper9:
I don't really known much about them but I think its a Good measure taken against smuggling, thank God am not in that country, how would I be importing my ganja

Ganja? President Rodrigo Duterte for don kill you tey tey na

1 Like

Re: Philippines Government Bulldozes 14 More Smuggled Luxury Cars,841 More To Follow by jimjemo: 6:25am On Mar 16, 2018
If those vehicles are auctioned ,the same smuggling cartel will still find a way to by them without govt knowing !

1 Like

Re: Philippines Government Bulldozes 14 More Smuggled Luxury Cars,841 More To Follow by philGeo(m): 6:29am On Mar 16, 2018
This is CLEAR MESSAGE people will understand better now.

1 Like

Re: Philippines Government Bulldozes 14 More Smuggled Luxury Cars,841 More To Follow by Coldfeets: 6:30am On Mar 16, 2018
JONNYSPUTE:
...Most people in this country are not ready to hear the truth or say the truth. If our president can take such measures,I swear,everybody will sit up.

True words.
Re: Philippines Government Bulldozes 14 More Smuggled Luxury Cars,841 More To Follow by Prestige16(m): 6:39am On Mar 16, 2018
This is insane
Re: Philippines Government Bulldozes 14 More Smuggled Luxury Cars,841 More To Follow by Shawnnn01: 6:46am On Mar 16, 2018
Jakumo:
A couple of those Mercedes cars date back to the 1980s and early 2000s, so those can hardly be called "luxury vehicles" given that they can be bought for a thousand dollars or less.

Filipino President Dutarte is a certified lunatic for sure, given the way he handed the armed forces the legal right to slaughter any civilian so much as SUSPECTED of using drugs, leading to the extra-judicial killing of THOUSANDS in that battered nation.

There is a lot of innocent blood on the hands of Mr. Dutarte, and my humble prognostication is that he will also die in an extremely violent manner, perhaps later, after he leaves office. All those bereaved families will never forget the barbarity and blood-lust of Dummy Dutarte, especially since revenge is such an integral aspect of Filipino culture.

because the western media painted him that way does not mean it is so. Tony Blair n Bush are still celebrated today n yet they are the reason Iraq as to suffer for nothing. The reason why the Middle East is in turmoil. And to a great extent the reason for ISIS but you do not read that in the news.
Re: Philippines Government Bulldozes 14 More Smuggled Luxury Cars,841 More To Follow by noziz(m): 6:48am On Mar 16, 2018
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin this man no get joy o. na him still shot some feminists for their puna one certain time....
Re: Philippines Government Bulldozes 14 More Smuggled Luxury Cars,841 More To Follow by AFONJAPIG(m): 6:50am On Mar 16, 2018
the dullard in aso rock will follow suit... meanwhile Philippine is a very poor con3
Re: Philippines Government Bulldozes 14 More Smuggled Luxury Cars,841 More To Follow by Jakumo(m): 6:51am On Mar 16, 2018
Shawnnn01:

because the western media painted him that way does not mean it is so. Tony Blair n Bush are still celebrated today n yet they are the reason Iraq as to suffer for nothing. The reason why the Middle East is in turmoil. And to a great extent the reason for ISIS but you do not read that in the news.

Ha ha no chit ? Well I sure am glad that you are NOT a president of anything greater than your own living-room. Thank God for small blessings.
Re: Philippines Government Bulldozes 14 More Smuggled Luxury Cars,841 More To Follow by TTLegacy: 6:55am On Mar 16, 2018
Esseite:
It should have been auctioned to add to the nations income or given to govt workers whom deserve official cars.

What is thje point of crushing it?
But Kidnappers houses and cars demolished by Anambra government is already yielding results. Kidnapping is gradually becoming non-attractive venture in that state, same as China where you pay with your life when guilty of any corruption charge. That president is fighting corruption in his own people language. Let us be wise 'crime is crime' Madness cures madness Biko!

1 Like

Re: Philippines Government Bulldozes 14 More Smuggled Luxury Cars,841 More To Follow by olmoRoc: 6:59am On Mar 16, 2018
Define "Luxury cars"
Re: Philippines Government Bulldozes 14 More Smuggled Luxury Cars,841 More To Follow by GambaOsaka: 6:59am On Mar 16, 2018
Call him a psycho or mad. Future generations will praise him for this.

1 Like

Re: Philippines Government Bulldozes 14 More Smuggled Luxury Cars,841 More To Follow by harmbhrosz(m): 7:01am On Mar 16, 2018
wink2015:

THE PRESIDENT OF PHILLIPPINES IS EQUALLY A MAD MAN AS TRUMP.

Why not auction that luxury cars and then use the money to improve on the lives of the suffering phillipinos in the rurual area and urban centres.

MANY YOUNG PHILLIPINOS ARE DOING NANNY, HOUSEMAID AND HOUSEBOY WORK IN SAUDI ARABIA, KUWAIT, OMAN, BAHRAIN, QATAR, UAE (DUBAI ) EVEN FOR A STIPEND OR A PEANUT PAY.

But he is here destroying luxury properties. I agree the smuggler break the law and they should be punished. But it makes no sense destroying such luxury cars when your country is equally poor.

HAS THE PRESIDENT FORGOTTEN THAT MANY YOUNG PHILLIPPINOS HAVE TO MIGRATE ABROAD IN THEIR DESPIRATION TO SURVIVE.

Apart from Africa, the phillippinos, indians, and chinese constitute the largest number of migrate living outside of their native land.

THE PHILIPPINOS PRESIDENT MADE A BIG MISTAKES IN HIS QUEST FOR GLOBAL SHOWMANSHIP.
I guess the auctioning of the cars are what wil automatically make his country rice instantly abi

And if those were tomato paste and fish, they should also be auctioned, even tho law enforcement officers might even be killed during the smuggling operations

What is wrong with we humans that we find it hard to obey the laws of the land, and supporting lawless, I'm sure their law say every smuggled item will be destroyed and here you are wanting him to disobey that particular law just to satisfy the orgies of a few people.

This is why people like Buhari and the IGP will keep on trampling on citizens like you and Jakumo voz they can't just follow laws that they made because people like you can't differentiate between good and bad in as much as you personal urge for things like cheap cars from auction, bribes, 1000naira during rallies are giving to you.

No nation was built by disobeying law and order which is why a country like Nigeria will not develop

Since we Nigerians sees unseriousness, bribe and corruption as the order of the day, let's leave other people who takes things serious in their country alone please.

1 Like

Re: Philippines Government Bulldozes 14 More Smuggled Luxury Cars,841 More To Follow by QueenSuccubus(f): 7:09am On Mar 16, 2018
Jakumo:
A couple of those Mercedes cars date back to the 1980s and early 2000s, so those can hardly be called "luxury vehicles" given that they can be bought for a thousand dollars or less.

Filipino President Dutarte is a certified lunatic for sure, given the way he handed the armed forces the legal right to slaughter any civilian so much as SUSPECTED of using drugs, leading to the extra-judicial killing of THOUSANDS in that battered nation.

There is a lot of innocent blood on the hands of Mr. Dutarte , and my humble prognostication is that he will also die in an extremely violent manner, perhaps later, after he leaves office. All those bereaved families will never forget the barbarity and blood-lust of Dummy Dutarte, especially since revenge is such an integral aspect of Filipino culture.

As if u we're there..talking nonsense when u cant even spell his last name rigth..... Do U have any proof that so many innocents were killed in his administration?

U are NOT a Filipino..I understand where u get ur sources...
Re: Philippines Government Bulldozes 14 More Smuggled Luxury Cars,841 More To Follow by JONNYSPUTE(m): 7:10am On Mar 16, 2018
harmbhrosz:
I guess the auctioning of the cars are what wil automatically make his country rice instantly abi

And if those were tomato paste and fish, they should also be auctioned, even tho law enforcement officers might even be killed during the smuggling.

What is wrong with we humans that we find it hard to obey the laws of the land, and supporting lawless, I'm sure their law say every smuggled item will be destroyed and here you are wanting him to disobey that particular law just to satisfy the orgies of a few people.

This is why someone like Buhari will keep on trampling on citizens like you because you can't differentiate from good and bad in as much as you personal urge for a cheap car is satisfied
Re: Philippines Government Bulldozes 14 More Smuggled Luxury Cars,841 More To Follow by JONNYSPUTE(m): 7:11am On Mar 16, 2018
harmbhrosz:

And if those were tomato paste and fish, they should also be auctioned, even tho law enforcement officers might even be killed during the smuggling.

This is why someone like Buhari will keep on trampling on citizens like you because you can't differentiate from good and bad in as much as you personal urge for a cheap car is satisfied
. God bless you. If we have just a man like him in this country,I think by now,we wouldn't be passing through this ugly predicament
Re: Philippines Government Bulldozes 14 More Smuggled Luxury Cars,841 More To Follow by harmbhrosz(m): 7:12am On Mar 16, 2018
TTLegacy:

But Kidnappers houses and cars demolished by Anambra government is already yielding results. Kidnapping is gradually becoming non-attractive venture in that state, same as China where you pay with your life when guilty of any corruption charge. That president is fighting corruption in his own people language. Let us be wise 'crime is crime' Madness cures madness Biko!
don't mind this people, even if it's tomato paste it should also be auctioned

The laws says smuggled items will be destroyed yet here we are with people who want that law to be disobeyed just because they want a tokubo car
Re: Philippines Government Bulldozes 14 More Smuggled Luxury Cars,841 More To Follow by adidison(m): 7:25am On Mar 16, 2018
wink2015:

THE PRESIDENT OF PHILLIPPINES IS EQUALLY A MAD MAN AS TRUMP.

Why not auction that luxury cars and then use the money to improve on the lives of the suffering phillipinos in the rurual area and urban centres.

MANY YOUNG PHILLIPINOS ARE DOING NANNY, HOUSEMAID AND HOUSEBOY WORK IN SAUDI ARABIA, KUWAIT, OMAN, BAHRAIN, QATAR, UAE (DUBAI ) EVEN FOR A STIPEND OR A PEANUT PAY.

But he is here destroying luxury properties. I agree the smuggler break the law and they should be punished. But it makes no sense destroying such luxury cars when your country is equally poor.

HAS THE PRESIDENT FORGOTTEN THAT MANY YOUNG PHILLIPPINOS HAVE TO MIGRATE ABROAD IN THEIR DESPIRATION TO SURVIVE.

Apart from Africa, the phillippinos, indians, and chinese constitute the largest number of migrate living outside of their native land.

THE PHILIPPINOS PRESIDENT MADE A BIG MISTAKES IN HIS QUEST FOR GLOBAL SHOWMANSHIP.

Please before you start talking about his country being poor and bla bla bla ... research see what he has done for the less privilege 1st, don't always get your info from news that is 1 sided. See what he did as mayor 1st then see what he is doing for the country as president. You will see that all your talking about will soon stop if he continues.

1 Like

Re: Philippines Government Bulldozes 14 More Smuggled Luxury Cars,841 More To Follow by Nobody: 7:25am On Mar 16, 2018
QueenSuccubus:

As if u we're there..talking nonsense when u cant even spell his last name rigth..... Do U have any proof that so many innocents killed in his administration?

U are NOT a Filipino..I understand where u get ur sources...
Lol. Xup baibe.
Re: Philippines Government Bulldozes 14 More Smuggled Luxury Cars,841 More To Follow by adidison(m): 7:28am On Mar 16, 2018
Jakumo:

There is a lot of innocent blood on the hands of Mr. Dutarte, and my humble prognostication is that he will also die in an extremely violent manner, perhaps later, after he leaves office. All those bereaved families will never forget the barbarity and blood-lust of Dummy Dutarte, especially since revenge is such an integral aspect of Filipino culture.

Innocent blood on his hands how? Is it his war on drugs? Please have you seen Mexico and Colombia? Have you seen how drug problem has gotten out of hand? His son is even on trial for drug related of about 125 million from china and he said if my son is guilty he will be killed. Believe me, read their forums, talk to Filipinos, those bereaved families will vote for him again if he continues with he has started.
Re: Philippines Government Bulldozes 14 More Smuggled Luxury Cars,841 More To Follow by Nobody: 7:30am On Mar 16, 2018
Jakumo:

So u think say other presidents go dey run dia country like ur own Naija president? Na why una dey backward be dat. U don't want to step on toes and you're all suffering for it, you no dey exposed beyond ur country sef.

D best way to avoid sporadic spread of lawlessness is to vehemently raise a strong measure against it at the starting point before it becomes what will be uncontrollable like it is in ur country.
Re: Philippines Government Bulldozes 14 More Smuggled Luxury Cars,841 More To Follow by adidison(m): 7:34am On Mar 16, 2018
Jakumo:

One absolute certainty is that Dutarte will NOT die a peaceful or natural death, given that the evil he has done simply cannot be undone with an apology or policy change. What is done is done, and Dutarte WILL bear the full lethal consequences of his murderous insanity. History is littered with instances of such evil madmen facing their day of reckoning when they least expected final justice to come calling.

Please! Just do research about the man and stop listening to biased media. The place he was mayor crime dropped by almost 40%. Then take your time to read about Mexico and Columbia and see their drug problem you will understand where the man is coming from. But research before you condemn abeg!
Re: Philippines Government Bulldozes 14 More Smuggled Luxury Cars,841 More To Follow by NwaIgboBoy(m): 7:47am On Mar 16, 2018
Any other country besides America is wicked.
Buh not as wicked as Nigeria oo!!!
Re: Philippines Government Bulldozes 14 More Smuggled Luxury Cars,841 More To Follow by QueenSuccubus(f): 7:53am On Mar 16, 2018
RadicallyBlunt:

Lol. Xup baibe.

Heeeey. Sorry kinda busy today...Mehnn...I don't even have time to eat my lunch & its very late already embarassed

Hope u doing good up there...
Re: Philippines Government Bulldozes 14 More Smuggled Luxury Cars,841 More To Follow by harmbhrosz(m): 8:01am On Mar 16, 2018
QueenSuccubus:

Heeeey. Sorry kinda busy today...Mehnn...I don't even have time to eat my lunch & its very late already embarassed

Hope u doing good up there...
lunch for 8am? undecided
Re: Philippines Government Bulldozes 14 More Smuggled Luxury Cars,841 More To Follow by QueenSuccubus(f): 8:03am On Mar 16, 2018
harmbhrosz:
lunch for 8am? undecided

And who told u that it's 8am on my side? undecided
Re: Philippines Government Bulldozes 14 More Smuggled Luxury Cars,841 More To Follow by harmbhrosz(m): 8:12am On Mar 16, 2018
QueenSuccubus:

And who told u that it's 8am on my side? undecided
oh okay o

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

When It Is Time To Return To Factory Specs. / How I Was Scammed By A Dishonest Uber/Bolt Driver / Read This Before You Buy Another Used Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.