Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,462 members, 7,819,688 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:59 PM

Nigerian Soldiers Cooking Caterpillars At The Battlefield (Photos) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Soldiers Cooking Caterpillars At The Battlefield (Photos) (38439 Views)

Female Nigerian Soldier Praying With Her Rifle At The Battlefield. Photo / Soldier Who Survived Many Injuries At The Battlefield, Killed By Boko Haram.PICS / Nigerian Soldier Killed By Boko Haram While Fighting At The Battlefield. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Soldiers Cooking Caterpillars At The Battlefield (Photos) by Nobody: 8:26am On Mar 16, 2018
docadams:
These edible worms are special delicacies. Many people making derogatory remarks here are ignorant of a lot things. One of the survival strategies in the jungle is worm hunting . Worms are good source of protein.

Exactly.

Watched a CNN report 20 years ago, focusing on a US Army Chef...who trains soldiers to eat bugs, insects...live.

Thing is, an army in the field can't have access to nice stuff all the time. So...live off the land.
Re: Nigerian Soldiers Cooking Caterpillars At The Battlefield (Photos) by Switruth: 8:26am On Mar 16, 2018
docadams:
These edible worms are special delicacies. Many people making derogatory remarks here are ignorant of a lot things. One of the survival strategies in the jungle is worm hunting . Worms are good source of protein.
That's Bear Grylls ultimate survival...

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Soldiers Cooking Caterpillars At The Battlefield (Photos) by Yoruba4Life: 8:28am On Mar 16, 2018
Homeboiy:
Who send them embarassed

You and I angry angry angry
Re: Nigerian Soldiers Cooking Caterpillars At The Battlefield (Photos) by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 8:34am On Mar 16, 2018
Goahead:
This so shameful and we all should condemn this administration's incessant neglect of our armed forces.

What next? Eat mutilated Boko haram terrorists?

That may actually be going on.

There was a video on this site two weeks ago where a soldier cut off the testicles of a dead Boko Haram member and was dangling it in the air. The video ended before we could see what he did with it.
Re: Nigerian Soldiers Cooking Caterpillars At The Battlefield (Photos) by Tunks2017(m): 8:38am On Mar 16, 2018

Re: Nigerian Soldiers Cooking Caterpillars At The Battlefield (Photos) by Launcher: 8:57am On Mar 16, 2018
That is a rhinoceros larva, contains protein but also has high level of thiaminase which depletes thiamine Vitamin B1 essential if eaten in high quantity
Re: Nigerian Soldiers Cooking Caterpillars At The Battlefield (Photos) by Culin(f): 9:05am On Mar 16, 2018
I don't know where this soldiers are from and why they're eating that, but the Nigerian army provides good food and cooks for her soldiers.
Re: Nigerian Soldiers Cooking Caterpillars At The Battlefield (Photos) by delishpot: 9:11am On Mar 16, 2018
Romeo3:
And you expect them not to be wicked when they see civilian on the road? grin

That Bayelsa suya wey dem dey chop cost pass the real beef suya.
Re: Nigerian Soldiers Cooking Caterpillars At The Battlefield (Photos) by AleksAndria: 9:13am On Mar 16, 2018
docadams:

No wonder "Bear" loves them. That man eats just anything.
Re: Nigerian Soldiers Cooking Caterpillars At The Battlefield (Photos) by delishpot: 9:15am On Mar 16, 2018
IamaNigerianGuy:
Is there no limit to the disgrace our government will inflict on us ?

Nigerian Army has no MRE (meals ready to eat) but senators take home N13 million per month.

What sort of global embarrassment is this ?

My brother, the thing dikwa very sad. But let me assume they were eating that as a delicacy(Bayelsa Suya) rather than eating it out of hunger.
Re: Nigerian Soldiers Cooking Caterpillars At The Battlefield (Photos) by billyG(m): 9:15am On Mar 16, 2018
Dont they giv dem MRE,even lighting fire in d night is risky.
Re: Nigerian Soldiers Cooking Caterpillars At The Battlefield (Photos) by debosalau(m): 9:24am On Mar 16, 2018
For how long will this Boko Haram issue continue?

Like play like play, it's been on for like a decade and yet there seems to be no reasonable and lasting solution to it.

May God help us in this country.
Re: Nigerian Soldiers Cooking Caterpillars At The Battlefield (Photos) by uuzba(m): 9:30am On Mar 16, 2018
ZombieTAMER:
This is illegal and unprofessional

It's a battlefield and not a picnic party

My biggest wish this morning is that it is YOU they physically send over there to meet them and repeat this your statement to them.
Re: Nigerian Soldiers Cooking Caterpillars At The Battlefield (Photos) by conehead2018: 9:33am On Mar 16, 2018
dainformant:
'Man must eat', these are the words of a gallant solider who was seen preparing an unusual type of meal in the jungle. The soldiers who are fighting against the Boko Haram terrorists - were pictured cooking a meal made of caterpillar while at the battlefield.

According to one of the soldiers, the life in the jungle is not easy but that is what makes them who they are, 'a full man'.

The soldiers later went on to eat the highly nutritious and proteins meal....

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/03/73982.html
I keep on saying it that had it been Nigeria was corrupt in the 60s as today Nigeria would have lost the biafran war.
Re: Nigerian Soldiers Cooking Caterpillars At The Battlefield (Photos) by denjjy(m): 9:34am On Mar 16, 2018
I ate the nutritious insect this morning, here it is called OKOKA and the other one is called ITUN . Insect Is a good source of protein and is mostly eaten by AKOKO, IKALE, ILAJE and ESE-ODO people in Ondo state. The entomologist (study of insect) believes that insect serves as a good source of quality proteins which are rarely found in any other food. In entomology, the eating of insect is called entomophagy.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Soldiers Cooking Caterpillars At The Battlefield (Photos) by Spackow: 9:37am On Mar 16, 2018
This is but caterpillar, it is ogongo, veeery sweet.
Re: Nigerian Soldiers Cooking Caterpillars At The Battlefield (Photos) by Sheuns(m): 9:51am On Mar 16, 2018
They are called grubs, and can be eaten raw. It has a very high level of protein.
Re: Nigerian Soldiers Cooking Caterpillars At The Battlefield (Photos) by Stbottle(m): 10:06am On Mar 16, 2018
Meajor:
Very terrible....na so I dey on my own, one of my uncle just see me say, make I join army through short service...I no know when I begin swear for am.... How I go trade my freedom for nonsense... If no be for the khaki him dey wear and the rank..wetin dey der....

Be informed!!! Joing through short service makes you of higher rank than them. Besides they are regimental personnels, they are trained for war. Without a degree you cant join through short service. Therefore, if your uncle wants you to join the army. He knows what he is saying
Re: Nigerian Soldiers Cooking Caterpillars At The Battlefield (Photos) by 2016v2017: 10:11am On Mar 16, 2018
Meajor:
Very terrible....na so I dey on my own, one of my uncle just see me say, make I join army through short service...I no know when I begin swear for am.... How I go trade my freedom for nonsense... If no be for the khaki him dey wear and the rank..wetin dey der....
Re: Nigerian Soldiers Cooking Caterpillars At The Battlefield (Photos) by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 10:11am On Mar 16, 2018
delishpot:

My brother, the thing dikwa very sad. But let me assume they were eating that as a delicacy(Bayelsa Suya) rather than eating it out of hunger.

Stories of starvation and mutiny have come out of the Borno front so hunger cannot be ruled out.
Re: Nigerian Soldiers Cooking Caterpillars At The Battlefield (Photos) by maclatunji: 10:16am On Mar 16, 2018
DIKEnaWAR:
The things people eat in this country. No wonder almost everyone is mad here.

Even international bodies are encouraging people to eat insects.
Re: Nigerian Soldiers Cooking Caterpillars At The Battlefield (Photos) by jaxxy(m): 10:17am On Mar 16, 2018
TarOrfeek:

Boko Haram feeds on Dangote Noodles, Golden Penny and pasta and choice beef from Buhari's cattle Empire.

After eating maggot with sand, these men would he yawning when conversations with the enemy begin.

Where u never a boys scout? Its called wankuru wankuru. High protein meal cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Soldiers Cooking Caterpillars At The Battlefield (Photos) by matrixme(m): 10:42am On Mar 16, 2018
be deceiving yourselves, fighting for a failed state like Nigeria. Our Senators are pocketing 13 million monthly outside their salaries and allowances, you are there cooking caterpiller grubs for dinner. They should show us the video of Aisha (or at least the wife of that Audu Ogbeh guy as the case may be) cooking local rice for dinner and them eating it, let's believe their patriotic agenda. The sooner we tell ourselves the truth, the better. Our leaders gives no sh*t about our well-being.
Re: Nigerian Soldiers Cooking Caterpillars At The Battlefield (Photos) by Hades2016(m): 10:44am On Mar 16, 2018
FortifiedCity:
Very sweet animal
I hail oooo una don eat all the animals finish my hands da up oooo

Re: Nigerian Soldiers Cooking Caterpillars At The Battlefield (Photos) by ebenzy88: 10:46am On Mar 16, 2018
Meajor:
Re: Nigerian Soldiers Cooking Caterpillars At The Battlefield (Photos) by litaninja(m): 11:26am On Mar 16, 2018
Bugs are almost pure protein....so, there's that.
Re: Nigerian Soldiers Cooking Caterpillars At The Battlefield (Photos) by delzbaba(m): 11:31am On Mar 16, 2018
Betta protein
Re: Nigerian Soldiers Cooking Caterpillars At The Battlefield (Photos) by jeff1607(m): 11:34am On Mar 16, 2018
so Wats d big deal eating worms? because se una de fight, wen released to live among the populace they only know how to intimidate n kill civilians. how can u be in the warfront fighting n uploading pics? na only Nigeria
Re: Nigerian Soldiers Cooking Caterpillars At The Battlefield (Photos) by Meajor(m): 12:25pm On Mar 16, 2018
Stbottle:

Be informed!!! Joing through short service makes you of higher rank than them. Besides they are regimental personnels, they are trained for war. Without a degree you cant join through short service. Therefore, if your uncle wants you to join the army. He knows what he is saying
bros I no say him dull, the thing is I can't trade my freedom for anything... And yeah.. I have my first degree
Re: Nigerian Soldiers Cooking Caterpillars At The Battlefield (Photos) by deebrownneymar: 2:26pm On Mar 16, 2018
That stuff is delicious. Not called caterpillars This.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Controversy Trails Abuja Rice Pyramid Show, As Farmers Reporedly Scam CBN / Dino Melaye And His Customized Vertu Phones (Photos) / Betty Anyanwu-Akeredolu Idanre Hills’ Post: Tajudeen Adefisoye Reacts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.