Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,741 members, 7,840,865 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 04:19 PM

Some Rare Images Of Lagos, About 50years Ago. - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Some Rare Images Of Lagos, About 50years Ago. (31338 Views)

Rare Images From Abuja, The Pride Of Nigeria / Rare Images From Lagos, The Pride Of Nigeria / Rare Images Of RRS Team Fixing A Broken Down Truck At Ojota - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Rare Images Of Lagos, About 50years Ago. by Omeny: 3:06pm On Mar 17, 2018
Odingo1:
Lagos was built with Nigeria wealth, any other state can look like Lagos if the state was built with Nigeria wealth like Nigeria is building Abuja now.Most part of oil boom in 70s went into building lagos. British also channel all resources to lagos after making it Nigeria capital.

That's the gospel truth which some ingrates won't want to hear.

Lagos was Nigerian former capital city where all heads of state then both British and Nigerians lived and by extension attracted all other manner of businesses from then till this day.
Re: Some Rare Images Of Lagos, About 50years Ago. by Orpe7(m): 3:25pm On Mar 17, 2018
Later some red camp drug peddling people will say na dem develop lagos.
Re: Some Rare Images Of Lagos, About 50years Ago. by Herdsmen: 3:33pm On Mar 17, 2018
Yoruba4Life:

Only a Bastar.d leaves his father's house unkempt to clean a stranger's mansion...

You see a typical southwest indigene..
Very myopic and limited in everything...

Sense are limited exposure no no relationship with people na to speak venecular...
Ignorance all over... and to believe this kind of human with 1st century Bein still exist in 21 century..
What a shame..

Oga I dey shame on your behalf on a public forum.. na this be your Brain size..

You see , na by dia comment you go no people wey dey cave..

What a dumb and mumuish homo sapien..

1 Like

Re: Some Rare Images Of Lagos, About 50years Ago. by Yoruba4Life: 4:28pm On Mar 17, 2018
Herdsmen:

You see a typical southwest indigene..
Very myopic and limited in everything...

Sense are limited exposure no no relationship with people na to speak venecular...
Ignorance all over... and to believe this kind of human with 1st century Bein still exist in 21 century..
What a shame..

Oga I dey shame on your behalf on a public forum.. na this be your Brain size..

You see , na by dia comment you go no people wey dey cave..

What a dumb and mumuish homo sapien..

Mr. Igbo, I'm "Un-apologetically Yoruba". cool cool

I don't care about your opinion or what you got to say. You guys have serious issues... no wonder you remain so divided.

To me, you're a "nobody" and can never be anything worthy. In my land, I'm KING, I'm the BOSS... At least there's a reason why a lot of 9ja folks sojourn to Europe and U.S... just the same way you Bastar.ds all run away from ur lands to the SW and the environs. angry

You're not wanted here... I can't wait for the proclamation for you all to leave in peace or systematically and forcefully send you back to your jungle. angry

When the center cannot hold... Things fall in place! cool ...not apart in this context

Long live Omo -Oodua; Long live Yoruba !!! cool

Yoruba 4 Life! cool

1 Like

Re: Some Rare Images Of Lagos, About 50years Ago. by nwoke37: 4:29pm On Mar 17, 2018
jagorinho:

look at this old man, you said igbo tidy lagos, lol!!! it is a pity i cant post some documents here, but let me tell you, in terms of civillization no ethnic group comes near the yorubas, when did your people started wearing cloths? your people only came to lagos when everything is done and dusted, go and read about your history that is if you have one, trust me, when we were building an empire your people were naked roaming the eastern jungles looking for bush meat to devour raw.

Igbos always wore clothes, but scanty(it covered the necessary parts). Primarily the clothes were made from raffia palm. Igbo's weren't nomadic hunters and gatherers but primarily farmers who cooked their produce.
Re: Some Rare Images Of Lagos, About 50years Ago. by Bossmafia(m): 4:30pm On Mar 17, 2018
Lagos before Tinubu bought it.
Re: Some Rare Images Of Lagos, About 50years Ago. by AlNur: 5:20pm On Mar 17, 2018
[quote author=jagorinho post=65911458]
look at this old man, you said igbo tidy lagos, lol!!! it is a pity i cant post some documents here, but let me tell you, in terms of civillization no ethnic group comes near the yorubas, when did your people started wearing cloths? your people only came to lagos when everything is done and dusted, go and read about your history that is if you have one, trust me, when we were building an empire your people were naked roaming the eastern jungles looking for bush meat to devour raw.[/quote I hope Abeokuta was part of Yoruba civilization? I'm in abeokuta and the town don't have street! No street road. We igbos always challenge you to replicate Lagos in your other towns but no. Lagos was developed by the whites then Nigerian govt. Not Awo or anybody.
Re: Some Rare Images Of Lagos, About 50years Ago. by Nobody: 5:26pm On Mar 17, 2018
Omeny:

That's the gospel truth which some ingrates won't want to hear.

Lagos was Nigerian former capital city where all heads of state then both British and Nigerians lived and by extension attracted all other manner of businesses from then till this day.
When Lagos was d capital of Nigeria, it wasn't as developed as now... development were just in d administrative part of d state which is island n ikeja. The remaining part of Lagos weren't developed.
Re: Some Rare Images Of Lagos, About 50years Ago. by sismatic01: 5:51pm On Mar 17, 2018
Odingo1:
Lagos was built with Nigeria wealth, any other state can look like Lagos if the state was built with Nigeria wealth like Nigeria is building Abuja now.Most part of oil boom in 70s went into building lagos. British also channel all resources to lagos after making it Nigeria capital.

Are you normal? Obviously you're not!
Re: Some Rare Images Of Lagos, About 50years Ago. by ACE1010: 6:56pm On Mar 17, 2018
marvin906:
now our jobless brothers from the east have crowded the place selling
gala and la casera

grin grin grin
Re: Some Rare Images Of Lagos, About 50years Ago. by gonkin(m): 8:25pm On Mar 17, 2018
Lagos was so clean then. Now if your biscuit fall for grand them no born u well to collect am back
Re: Some Rare Images Of Lagos, About 50years Ago. by lordyugo: 11:39am On Mar 18, 2018
Bolustical:
Lagos had been developed while their grandfathers were still living in thatched houses.

Even till now, none of five glorified villages is this developed.

Only a fool will leave his father's hut unkempt to clean strangers' mansion.

Are you from lagos too?
U dim witted simpletons always Crack me up wit ur delusions in grandeur due to lack of exposure or basking in the euphoria of another man's glory.
Oh ,I forgot it's a social media, so by all means ride on
Re: Some Rare Images Of Lagos, About 50years Ago. by lordyugo: 11:47am On Mar 18, 2018
Yoruba4Life:

You're very correct, Sir. They lack a common identity, values and norms. They don't know their background and don't even realize the purpose of their existence hence, they refer to themselves as 'jews' grin. They subjectively and sentimentally attributed their struggles to that of the jews and started claiming they're from them... Just imagine. Very savagery, arrogant and ungrateful bunch of FOOLS!

You ewedu gobblers really need to trademark ur delusions in grandeur and hang it in ur afonja homes.
Hilarious really

1 Like

Re: Some Rare Images Of Lagos, About 50years Ago. by anyimontana(m): 7:16pm On Mar 18, 2018
lordyugo:

Are you from lagos too?
U dim witted simpletons always Crack me up wit ur delusions in grandeur due to lack of exposure or basking in the euphoria of another man's glory.
Oh ,I forgot it's a social media, so by all means ride on
Gaddafi calm down,ur English wan finish person pikin.lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Peace Mass Bus Involved In Accident In Irete, Owerri Road (Graphic Video) / Oshodi Bus Terminal Decaying, Motorists, Passengers Lament / Moving To Norway Soonest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.