Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,201 members, 7,832,935 topics. Date: Sunday, 19 May 2024 at 12:53 PM

Babangida Will Not Be President - Abiola Family - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Babangida Will Not Be President - Abiola Family (7469 Views)

MKO Abiola International Airport Will Be Ready Next Year- Osun Government / Mubashiru Abiola Is Dead (MKO Abiola's Younger Brother) / …babangida Defends Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Babangida Will Not Be President - Abiola Family by mekusxxx: 7:42pm On May 04, 2010
^^^^^
Do you know what it means to drive home your point and hammer the nail even harder? Incompetent + nincompoop makes whoever is concerned a thorough eediot.
Re: Babangida Will Not Be President - Abiola Family by tkb417(m): 7:44pm On May 04, 2010
lmao cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Babangida Will Not Be President - Abiola Family by violent(m): 7:51pm On May 04, 2010
Violent (just to indulge your brainless bulk a bit),

Sentiments and rationalizations aside, what makes anyone think  IBB is a slowpoke? What makes IBB despicable to you? Because he cancelled June 12 election purportedly won by a world renowned thief?

Let's get the argument straight, are you saying that the North has no right to continue ruling until 2015 per PDP arrangement or is it that IBB is the issue here? When I get the crux of your argument I might continue with you. [b]. If it does not matter where the president comes from, why do we have rotational presidency? [/b]Why was Yoruba compensated for June 12? Why are Igbos crying of political marginalization? Why are Ijaws promising hellfire if Jonathan is not made Ag president? For now you are catching on straw and behaving like an incompetent nincompoop. You have nothing to argue here ok?

Isn't it sad that folks like you have come to accept the PDP's constitution as the National constitution?

Where exactly is rotational presidency inscribed in Nigeria's constitution?

lemme get you right. . . i'm supposed to say, "oh, a Yoruba man has ruled for 8 years, and therefore, i ought to vote for an Hausa man, not withstanding the person capacity, intelligence, and other leadership qualities"?. . i'm just supposed to vote for him simply because it's hausa's turn to rule?

And you actually expect Nigeria to move forward with this mentality?

So another capable Nigerian has to hold, simply because its not yet his tribe's turn to rule?----what a pathetic state of mind and sense of reasoning you posses

How does where the President comes from as opposed to what attribute the president possess to lead the country,  benefit you, tkb417 or I in any way?

And yes, sentiments aside, IBB has been at the Position before, without achieving anything, why give him another chance to ruin us?

When you keep doing the same thing the same way over and over again and you keep expecting a different result, wouldn't i be right to call you a dimwit?
Re: Babangida Will Not Be President - Abiola Family by dayokanu(m): 7:57pm On May 04, 2010
How is he better? How do Nigerians keep recycling this experience crap. The same experience they said OBJ had that nearly crippled the country, The same experience they said YarAdua had.

What experience does the current president of the US have? Thats why the US is better, They rejected those "experience" in McCain and Palin for inexperienced Barack.

Experience in looting, Killing, annuling elections, Human right abuses, Dele Giwa style,

Do you know how many elections/transition IBB organised and cancelled? I can remember the Peoples Solidarity Party, Liberal Convention etc of 1988, The 1992 election that has YarAdua, Falae in SDP, Ciroma, Shinkafi, Lema Jibrilu, Bamanga Tukur in NRC but IBB cancelled it saying they were all Old breed politicians and we need newbreed

Came in New breed like Kingibe, Atiku, MKO, Bashir Tofa and IBB annulled again.

A man that was against democracy all his life now wants to contest for election, WHy not get a p0rn actor to contest for Pope
Re: Babangida Will Not Be President - Abiola Family by violent(m): 8:00pm On May 04, 2010
A man that was against democracy all his life now wants to contest for election, WHy not get a p0rn actor to contest for Pope

Its no big deal to mekusxxx and his ilks as long as Ojukwu says so!
Re: Babangida Will Not Be President - Abiola Family by spicyhoney(f): 9:41pm On May 04, 2010
mekusxxx:

Violent (just to indulge your brainless bulk a bit),

Sentiments and rationalizations aside, what makes anyone think  IBB is a slowpoke? What makes IBB despicable to you? Because he cancelled June 12 election purportedly won by a world renowned thief?

Let's get the argument straight, are you saying that the North has no right to continue ruling until 2015 per PDP arrangement or is it that IBB is the issue here? When I get the crux of your argument I might continue with you. . If it does not matter where the president comes from, why do we have rotational presidency? Why was Yoruba compensated for June 12? Why are Igbos crying of political marginalization? Why are Ijaws promising hellfire if Jonathan is not made Ag president? For now you are catching on straw and behaving like an incompetent nincompoop. You have nothing to argue here ok?
I'll advice no one should even try to argue or explain anything to MEKUSXXX. He is definitely daft and myopic or else he wouldnt be writing with so much hatred and sentiment.
Re: Babangida Will Not Be President - Abiola Family by chosen04(f): 10:03pm On May 04, 2010
I dont support IBB and dont wish him back!

^^^^^^^But let the ABIOLA family bury the past and move on^^^^^

If ''we'' can be asked to thank ''them'' for the N20 given to us after the ''war'' and move on, they should also learn to do same.

^^^^I thut the best way to build the country is to forget the past and move on or is it only when it concerns NDIGBOS?
Re: Babangida Will Not Be President - Abiola Family by backbelle: 10:40pm On May 04, 2010
I don't blame the igbos,that's why they never attain higher position.I advise them not to mind the presidency and go back to their spare parts.Ssshior!
Re: Babangida Will Not Be President - Abiola Family by chosen04(f): 10:56pm On May 04, 2010
back belle:

I don't blame the igbos,that's why they never attain higher position.I advise them not to mind the presidency and go back to their spare parts.Ssshior!

Has it gotten to attacking Ndigbos?

So what have your people achieved with all the lofty heights they have attained?
Re: Babangida Will Not Be President - Abiola Family by 9jauk: 11:05pm On May 04, 2010
Esan!
IBB; Presidency, may God forgive us all,he managed to silence Nigerians upon all his attrocity,is shocking he wants to come back where is NEMESIS.
Re: Babangida Will Not Be President - Abiola Family by Sonofpeace(m): 11:56pm On May 04, 2010
back belle:

Mind your tongue en statement Mister.
Re: Babangida Will Not Be President - Abiola Family by olaolabiy: 11:59pm On May 04, 2010
if they said so, do they still think they are relevant?
Re: Babangida Will Not Be President - Abiola Family by mekusxxx: 12:24am On May 05, 2010
Violent.

Just so perhaps you understand it better, if you ever will. The ruling party is the PDP. As it is now, no other party is capable of wrestling power from PDP EVEN if the election is free and fair. The other parties are disjointed and rag-tag. People like Atiku understand it and have since moved back to the PDP. Now the party in authority has deemed it fit to put in place a mechanism that will ensure fairness to all parts of the country, namely rotational presidency. The relative political peace we enjoy today is due to this and Obj has attempted to kill the joy that peace has brought by denying an agreement everyone knows exists. Any sane person would have noticed that Igbo clamour for presidency has died down considerably since rotational presidency came to be, simply because they now have the hope that someday they will be opportune to provide the national leadership. Now what will any reasonable Igbo do who have been crying against marginalization in the past? He will support that which provides the hope that he gets what he deserves, in time. Thus, my support for the North at this point is based on that and  is ACTUALLY not about IBB per se. So please keep you viewpoints to yourself, or at best express it without trying to preach to me. You have met a dead end on this one.
Re: Babangida Will Not Be President - Abiola Family by violent(m): 12:30am On May 05, 2010
mekusxxx:

Violent.

Just so perhaps you understand it better, if you ever will. The ruling party is the PDP. As it is now, no other party is capable of wrestling power from PDP EVEN if the election is free and fair. The other parties are disjointed and rag-tag. People like Atiku understand it and have since moved back to the PDP. Now the party in authority has deemed it fit to put in place a mechanism that will ensure fairness to all parts of the country, namely rotational presidency. The relative political peace we enjoy today is due to this and Obj has attempted to kill the joy that peace has brought by denying an agreement everyone knows exists. Any sane person would have noticed that Igbo clamour for presidency has died down considerably since rotational presidency came to be, simply because they now have the hope that someday they will be opportune to provide the national leadership. Now what will any reasonable Igbo do who have been crying against marginalization in the past? He will support that which provides the hope that he gets what he deserves, in time. Thus, my support for the North at this point is based on that and  is ACTUALLY not about IBB per se. So please keep you viewpoints to yourself, or at best express it without trying to convince me. You have met a dead end on this one.

Now i get your point, because it is entrenched in the PDP code, it has to be law!

you are really smart
Re: Babangida Will Not Be President - Abiola Family by mekusxxx: 12:31am On May 05, 2010
Don't be an eddiot. It is law only unto PDP and does not affect other parties. If you do not like it, form a different party and take power from the PDP. As long as PDP remains in power, that agreement must be allowed to stand.
Re: Babangida Will Not Be President - Abiola Family by mekusxxx: 12:45am On May 05, 2010
Re: Babangida Will Not Be President - Abiola Family by bkbabe97: 1:33am On May 05, 2010
Mekuyyshiyyyt is right!!! Once a Party has an agreement the rest of the country has to adhere to it. Freaking, bumbling, Ibo village idiot!!! I hope ure really here in the States, and I hope u live in Arizona so ur aszz can get a taste of Sheriff Arpaio. slowpoke. For such a self proclaimed intellect ure actually nothing but a dimwit. Why cant the Democrats reach an agreement within themselves that the Presidency will be zoned to the deep south so some flaming racist can get elected and hunt down ur likes. Monkey!!!
Re: Babangida Will Not Be President - Abiola Family by spyder99: 1:38am On May 05, 2010
Why does TOWER OF BABEL come to my mind whenever i think of Naija.
Re: Babangida Will Not Be President - Abiola Family by mekusxxx: 2:12am On May 05, 2010
I guess this below also applies to the rag-tag buffoon that goes by the name bk/babe97. Why are there so many mor-ons around here?

Don't be an eddiot. [b]It is law only unto PDP and does not affect other parties. If you do not like it, form a different party and take power from the PDP. As long as PDP remains in power, that agreement must be allowed to stand.[/b]
Re: Babangida Will Not Be President - Abiola Family by Sonofpeace(m): 2:23am On May 05, 2010
Pathetic thread!
Re: Babangida Will Not Be President - Abiola Family by Anaegboka(m): 2:32am On May 05, 2010
spyder99:

Why does TOWER OF BABEL come to my mind whenever i think of Naija.
Reminds me of a saying that one tiger can kill one lion, but five tigers cannot kill five lions.
Re: Babangida Will Not Be President - Abiola Family by dante147: 3:08am On May 05, 2010
IBB GO TO HELL AND BURN TO ASHESS!!!! NO BASKET FOR ROUTEING MAGGO LIKE IBB THE FATHER OF CORUPTION AND MULTIPLE KILLINGS IN NIGERIAN!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Babangida Will Not Be President - Abiola Family by bidemi12(m): 3:49am On May 05, 2010
I too love Naija, a country where amnesia reigns supreme. a country where thieves and murderers are celebrated and are even forced to rule. a country where bribery and corruption is not seen as unusual and even encouraged going by some of the post here. a country where, kai, in fact i don de get migrane from just thinking about it, i swear i cant wait to go back there, i go make millions, too many s.tupid people to take advantage of. UP NIGERIAgrin
Re: Babangida Will Not Be President - Abiola Family by alanbolo(m): 4:35am On May 05, 2010
bidemi12:

in fact i don de get migrane from just thinking about it, grin
I tot I was d only one getting migrane from  9ja issues, especially here on NL.
Re: Babangida Will Not Be President - Abiola Family by rickie4us(m): 6:27am On May 05, 2010
must we recycle the old generation of leaders?
we need a new breed. the old generation of leaders and politicians have done enough damage already.
Re: Babangida Will Not Be President - Abiola Family by ec3l(m): 6:53am On May 05, 2010
Ok people, 98% of Ndigbo HATES ibb. The only Igbos I see thinking about voting for him are here in Nl.
And mekus i wonder at you.
Do u seriously think that if Ibb gets 2 be the president at 2011 he will ever honour whatever zoning agreement made by pdp?
The man is a dictator!!!
Give him presidential power and see what's left of Nigeria before the next election.
He's done enough damage as it is, 4 more years and whats left of Nigeria might discourage the next president from doing what is right.
Apply common sense some times.
And please, enough already with the Igbos ready to vote for Ibb since thats the only way for their clamour for power to be satisfied.
Ojukwu is being used, he's always wanted power for Ndigbo (which is not bad) he wanted Biafra, it failed, and Ibb observing his (ojukwu's) quest for power decides to play him with it. I mean since the zoning agreement by pdp would mean power to Ndigbo at 2015 which is Ojukwu's soul desire, he could easily fall prey. If Ibb is trustworthy, he'd reward Ikemba and the Ndigbo a 2015, but we all know him. A president who doesnt care about the well being his people, his tribe, what makes you believe He'd want what is good for other tribes? Or a single Ojukwu? This guy annuled several parties saying their candidates were old and nigeria younger individuals back when he was president but now he is old, he says Nigeria doesnt need young leaders, isnt that selfish?
Nigeria needs a good president regardless of age, tribe, language or religion. And till we all work together towards that, Nigeria will yet fail.
Mekus get ur act together.
Re: Babangida Will Not Be President - Abiola Family by princekevo(m): 6:56am On May 05, 2010
Actually there are few question that remain unanswered till today on the anullment of the june 12 election.
I still believe there were more to what we know abt this anullment. Considering the fact that Abiola and IBB was once best frens.The was an article
Every rational human being would ask
1. why would IBB anulled a free and fair election he organised and allowed to hold without any single reason? Let no body tell me that IBB never knew Abiola will win the election, coz even a kid on the street knew Abiola must win the election.
2. Was this evil from IBB politcal or personal?

3. If indeed they were once best frens what made their relationship gone sore that a once best fren decided to threat his old fren i such a manner knowing that MKO invested all he has laboured for in the Election?

This are jst some food for thought, until we find out the true answers to this questions we will continue to beat abt the bush.
Re: Babangida Will Not Be President - Abiola Family by jorghor(m): 7:16am On May 05, 2010
rickie4us:

must we recycle the old generation of leaders?
we need a new breed. the old generation of leaders and politicians have done enough damage already.
i want to say that this is the best i have heard all year.(i hope mekkus saw this cos i wonder why u as a young man would endorse someone who once said this Nation needs younger men and has now come out to say the young 'uns are not good enough)
Given this environment in USA, Obama would never have made it.
Also, rotational policy is the idea of the PDP and not entrenched in the Constitution.
If the PDP deems it fit to pick up IBB as their flag bearer, so be it, why people are afraid is just that no one sees it as possible for PDP to lose in the election.
Some say Abiola is corrupt, is IBB not? it is not easy for any one to get rich that young without getting the hands dirty.(even Dangote that made forbes is a sole importer of the basic needs of over 150 million Nigerians- so what are we saying)
Given a level playing ground, i won't vote IBB, but we know as it goes. I know for a fact that the only reason people want him is that he spreads the wealth, have we sooo sold our soul that we don't believe we have what it takes to be successful without the likes of IBB?
My people, this nation is ours, me sef wan invite Joe or beyonce to my pikin wedding.
I won't vote IBB, I'll prefer to vote my great grand mother(she can't recognise any one any longer).than to vote for him, let it be known today, if PDP picks him up, they have started down the road to the loss of their credibility.(like say e dey before)
lipsrsealed
Re: Babangida Will Not Be President - Abiola Family by revomind(m): 7:38am On May 05, 2010
Ah Nigeria, We'd be the world's laughing stock if we eventually vote IBB back into power.

Mekuxxx's views so far are quite saddening. I like to believe he's just being mischievous. To insinuate that Igbos cannot be president outside one party's zoning tendencies is not really flattering.

When we remind people that the man annulled an election for no good reason, its not because of any individual. Its because the people had made a choice no matter how bad the choice may look to you in retrospect and that he betrayed the people. Insinuating that only one region and their 'arse-lickers' are concerned, well, is similar to saying only the Niger-Delta should cry foul about the oil windfall he stole. I for one know that Col. Abubakar Dingiwa Umar is no Yoruba 'arse-licker'. He resigned from the military because he felt it was wrong to annul.

I will not vote for any candidate in 2011, 2015 or in the future, whether he is Hausa, Igbo or Yoruba, simply because according to one party, its his/her people's turn. A simple question; What would you do if a southerner clinches the ticket? I ask because, my friend, it is becoming likely.
Re: Babangida Will Not Be President - Abiola Family by HOTandCOLD(m): 7:39am On May 05, 2010
I would remind folks here that we are talking about politics and ibos are a dynamic people. Ojukwu as a leader can advise but he does not have the final say on what the people will do. IBB is bad news for everybody except his family. As long as people can loot the national treasury with impunity and get away with it, tell me, why won't they come back for more (ONLY IN NAIJA)
Re: Babangida Will Not Be President - Abiola Family by SirRil(m): 7:53am On May 05, 2010
ibb! ibb! ibb! how many times did i called you? any way, it's not your fault.
Re: Babangida Will Not Be President - Abiola Family by revomind(m): 8:00am On May 05, 2010
Asked what really happened to the $12b oil windfall, he said it was $1.2b. He could only correct the figure. What a joke. Man, I think the devil is trying to play a fast one on us by putting us in this situation.

I really don't think he can even get the party's ticket. He's too much of a risk for the party to take. Asides that, for now, he has too many large figures to contend with in the party. The party would have to rig massively to ensure he wins given the level of opposition to his ambition from the civil societies, large section of the media,and most importantly, the people. The only snag is that rigging may not be business as usual next year.

He won't even get the ticket. Everyone should calm down.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Two Scriptural Evidence That Shows The Yoruba Race are From Israel / 40 Alleged Quotes From President ROBERT MUGABE That Will Make Your Day. / I Am Happy There Was No Fuel Scarcity This Year – Fun Seeker

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.