Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,548 members, 7,812,744 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:30 PM

Atheists Let's Discuss God. - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheists Let's Discuss God. (9179 Views)

Global Study: Atheists In Massive Decline, Only 1.8% Of World Population By 2020 / Atheists And Morality. A Question! / Why Do The Atheists Bother If They Don't Believe? Here Is Why. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheists Let's Discuss God. by butterflylion: 11:29am On Mar 20, 2018
Gggg102:

for the sake of this discussion, I will speak as an atheist who has studied most of the 4999 god's. this isn't my personal opinion. but opinion I've seen.

the issue with the 4999 gods is the same with individual gods.

they are 1. scientifically inaccurate.
they can't be reconciled with science.
2. unable to be proven undeniably.
3. give false and extraordinary
promises to their followers that
fails.

Sorry but now you are obviously lying because you said the below

because the few that I have observed fall under these categories.

if the others that I haven't observed are not in this category, they won't be losing followers. if a god is accurate, why would he become unpopular? he should be becoming more popular.

e. g Greek gods and mythology
Atlas carried the heavens on his back.
we all know this for example is impossible so we know it is false and then the followers reduce.

why do you think most of these gods are unpopular, have very few followers?

because their inaccuracy is obvious.

You cannot say one thing and then say another in your own comments.

One cannot have an HONEST discussion with you if your very foundation is a lie as your comments clearly show.

Thanks for your time.
Re: Atheists Let's Discuss God. by Gggg102(m): 11:41am On Mar 20, 2018
butterflylion:

Sorry but now you are obviously lying because you said the below

You cannot say one thing and then say another in your own comments.

One cannot have an HONEST discussion with you if your very foundation is a lie as your comments clearly show.

Thanks for your time.

really English is not that difficult.

I never said I have studied most of the gods. I have observed few.

I said FOR THE SAKE OF THIS DISCUSSION, I will speak as an atheist who has studied most of the gods. I am putting myself in the shoes of an atheist that has studied most of the gods. it does not mean I have studied them myself. it's like playing pretend atheist

since no atheist are forthcoming. I also stated it isn't my personal opinion.

it's called playing devil's advocate.

so just assume that I have studied all the gods and continue as you would have done to a regular atheist who has.

p.s I have not studied all the gods in real life. I'm only acting like I have so this discussion will move on.
Re: Atheists Let's Discuss God. by butterflylion: 11:43am On Mar 20, 2018
Gggg102:

really English is not that difficult.

I never said I have studied most of the gods. I have observed few.

I said FOR THE SAKE OF THIS DISCUSSION, I will speak as an atheist who has studied most of the gods. I am putting myself in the shoes of an atheist that has studied most of the gods. it does not mean I have studied them myself. it's like playing pretend atheist

since no atheist are forthcoming. I also stated it isn't my personal opinion.

it's called playing devil's advocate.

so just assume that I have studied all the gods and continue as you would have done to a regular atheist who has.

p.s I have not studied all the gods in real life. I'm only acting like I have so this discussion will move on.

It's still dishonesty. You cannot honestly speak about what you have no experience of.

Once again thanks for your time. I need a REAL advocate and not a make believe one.
Re: Atheists Let's Discuss God. by Gggg102(m): 11:46am On Mar 20, 2018
butterflylion:

It's still dishonesty. You cannot honestly speak about what you have no experience of.

Once again thanks for your time. I need a REAL advocate and not a make believe one.

they aren't around.

it isn't that hard to know why an atheist rejects theistic gods
Re: Atheists Let's Discuss God. by Martinez19(m): 11:55am On Mar 20, 2018
butterflylion:
Oya let the atheists come and let's discuss God. Kindly note that when I say God I am not segregating or separating by using names such as ALLAH, YAHWEH, CHUKWU, OLODUMARE, etc.

So do not focus on any of the above. I simply wish for us to discuss God devoid of names.

Also do note that before you comment you need to let us know if God exists or not.

Remember we are not talking about Yahweh or Allah or any other names given to God but SIMPLY GOD!

also do not ask me to define God for you because we all know the definition for God as the dictionary is available to all.

Let's begin
Stop all this bullshit, you believe in the existence of a creator and that creator to you is yahweh. Can now discuss the credibility of yahweh?
Re: Atheists Let's Discuss God. by butterflylion: 11:58am On Mar 20, 2018
Gggg102:

they aren't around.

Or they don't exist wink

Martinez19 is one of such. Despite reading the OP and replying directly to the OP he still typed what he did. Isn't that just crazy.
Re: Atheists Let's Discuss God. by Emmanystone: 12:10pm On Mar 20, 2018
budaatum:

The word according to me, buda.
Re: Atheists Let's Discuss God. by Emmanystone: 12:12pm On Mar 20, 2018
budaatum:

The word according to me, buda.
Good News Translation Revelation 21:8 But cowards, traitors, perverts, murderers, the immoral, those who practice magic, those who worship idols, and all liars—the place for them is the lake burning with fire and sulfur, which is the second death.”

If those words are yours, then you are free from this^^^
Re: Atheists Let's Discuss God. by Gggg102(m): 12:20pm On Mar 20, 2018
butterflylion:

Or they don't exist wink

Martinez19 is one of such. Despite reading the OP and replying directly to the OP he still typed what he did. Isn't that just crazy.

maybe they don't understand the question as you do.

at first I took the question as why do atheist reject the general(basic) god devoid of relationship with man.

but now I'm taking it as why do atheists reject the summation of the 4999 gods in general.
Re: Atheists Let's Discuss God. by butterflylion: 12:25pm On Mar 20, 2018
Gggg102:

maybe they don't understand the question.

at first I took the question as why do atheist reject the general(basic) god devoid of relationship with man.

but now I'm taking it as why do atheists reject the summation of the 4999 gods in general.

He perfectly understood it.

Right now I can conclude that atheism is dishonest and crippled with lies which is why it would never go far.

If they always try to refute the existence of God by throwing out questions like "which of the 4999 gods" yet when given a platform to express their 4999 gods in totality which they reject they still demand for specifics or that I focus on that which I believe, then they are dishonest and simply speak without evidence to themselves or any foundation on which their assertions are based.

This just might be why all they do is ask questions and try to poke holes in what others say or believe without directly saying anything of their own because they have no experiental basis for their assertion of the non existence of God or gods

1 Like

Re: Atheists Let's Discuss God. by butterflylion: 12:51pm On Mar 20, 2018
TheSorrowfulMan:

Who is God?

You are still not reading the OP. I clearly said in the OP that nobody should ask me to define God to them since we all have access to a dictionary.
Re: Atheists Let's Discuss God. by budaatum: 1:11pm On Mar 20, 2018
You really need to delve deeper into the meaning and implications of "Believing".

Swedenborg is not asking you to believe he went to heaven and hell. He in fact assumes you are way too intelligent to believe such things. He however hopes your need to find things to believe in will not stop you learning something from his narrative.

My story stands as told, in all sincerity. In it was a link (which I assume you missed or you would find it difficult to call me a liar!), showing that buda went to the heavens and brought light to the Kingdom.

Basorun cannot defy or bow to gods. The Kings of the Heavens do not have anything above them to bow to, especially not the figments of your imagination.

You are not required to believe buda please!

Emmanystone:

How am.i calling you a lait nah? You told me a story with all amount of sincerity because you wanted me to.know you well know what you were talking about, but here you are calling calling gods the figment of people's imaginations.

Did you lie about your story? Did you defy your communities deities and walk away unhurt?

Your story shows that, even as you claim to be an atheist, any day you go home, you bow to those gods and do what is expected of you as a Bashorun.

Why do you do that, after all, you are now an atheist and those gods don't really exist.

Why do you talk the midnight walks?
Re: Atheists Let's Discuss God. by superhumanist(m): 1:45pm On Mar 20, 2018
butterflylion:
Monotheists NEVER argue using the 4999 gods angle. Atheists do. So they should be able to push forward their facts based on their 4999 gods position of falsehood.

This they do without realising that falsehood does not mean nonexistence but simply means no supreme authority or supreme divinity because if some are false then it means one must be true.

So how did they arrive at this falsehood which they term as nonexistence devoid of experiences from these 4999 they love pushing forward.

Satanism (particular versions) is also monotheistic. Are you arguing for satanism too?

So how can you even mention to argue for monotheism when even the monotheistic gods are different?
Re: Atheists Let's Discuss God. by butterflylion: 1:51pm On Mar 20, 2018
superhumanist:

Satanism (particular versions) is also monotheistic. Are you arguing for satanism too?

So how can you even mention to argue for monotheism when even the monotheistic gods are different?

I do not care about arguing for which or where the favour falls to. All I care about is EXISTENCE.

If the monotheistic gods are different and atheism by definition says there is NO GOD why do atheists who argue strictly against Yahweh and Allah claim there is no god despite never experiencing the entire 4999 they enjoy throwing around in arguments?

I didn't know you knew they were different yet despite this, and what atheism stands for, you claim the basis for your atheism is the lack of the existence of Yahweh or Allah. What happened to all the 4999?
Re: Atheists Let's Discuss God. by budaatum: 2:15pm On Mar 20, 2018
butterflylion:

you claim the basis for your atheism is the lack of the existence of Yahweh or Allah. What happened to all the 4999?
So, an atheist is now someone who denies the existence of Yahweh and Allah only, and accepts the existence of your so called 4999 other gods?
Re: Atheists Let's Discuss God. by butterflylion: 2:20pm On Mar 20, 2018
budaatum:

So, an atheist is now someone who denies the existence of Yahweh and Allah only, and accepts the existence of your so called 4999 other gods?

Tell that to your dime a dozen nairaland atheists.

Does God exist?

They will quickly say they don't know but are sure Yahweh does not exist.

They are selling themselves short.

So far on nairaland this is what has been everywhere. In fact consider martinez19s comment above, despite reading the OP his focus was strictly on Yahweh. This shows he lacks any form of experience about the other 4999 and based his atheism on Yahweh which in itself goes against the definition of atheism when he ignores the other 4999

1 Like

Re: Atheists Let's Discuss God. by OkCornel(m): 2:41pm On Mar 20, 2018
butterflylion:

Does God exist?

They will quickly say they don't know but are sure Yahweh does not exist.

They are selling themselves short.

So far on nairaland this is what has been everywhere. In fact consider martinez19s comment above, despite reading the OP his focus was strictly on Yahweh. This shows he lacks any form of experience about the other 4999 and based his atheism on Yahweh which in itself goes against the definition of atheism when he ignores the other 4999

Lol... and if they say "they don't know" ...that should make them Agnostics rather than atheists...

which makes me ponder whether they are atheists or agnostics

1 Like

Re: Atheists Let's Discuss God. by OkCornel(m): 2:44pm On Mar 20, 2018
butterflylion:

I do not care about arguing for which or where the favour falls to. All I care about is EXISTENCE.

If the monotheistic gods are different and atheism by definition says there is NO GOD why do atheists who argue strictly against Yahweh and Allah claim there is no god despite never experiencing the entire 4999 they enjoy throwing around in arguments?

I didn't know you knew they were different yet despite this, and what atheism stands for, you claim the basis for your atheism is the lack of the existence of Yahweh or Allah. What happened to all the 4999?

No stress yourself jare... God exists...

Anyone who is certain God does not exist can start by explaining how life started without God involved in the process...
Re: Atheists Let's Discuss God. by vaxx: 3:24pm On Mar 20, 2018
superhumanist:

which particular version of satanism is that? and i am sure you know what monotheistic means
Re: Atheists Let's Discuss God. by Gggg102(m): 3:25pm On Mar 20, 2018
superhumanist:

what butterflylion wants is for you to share why you think the 4999 gods are inexistent.

why do atheist reject all theistic gods good/evil?

the question is not specific to Yahweh, it includes; Odin, Zeus, Amenhotep...
why is there no possibility that one of the 4999 being real?
Re: Atheists Let's Discuss God. by budaatum: 4:06pm On Mar 20, 2018
butterflylion:

Does God exist?
I've been here long enough to know that all atheists are atheistic to gods, God, god, of any description!

You have a fashion of reading your own meanings into things. You've done it often enough with me! Are you sure that's not what you are doing here?

If you come across any of your so called dime a dozens, do point them out and I will ask them.
Re: Atheists Let's Discuss God. by budaatum: 4:11pm On Mar 20, 2018
Gggg102:

why do atheist reject all theistic gods good/evil?
Because,
budaatum:

...[A]ll "gods" are human creations that exist in human minds!
And please do not stupidly ask me to write that 4999 times like op did!
Re: Atheists Let's Discuss God. by Gggg102(m): 4:18pm On Mar 20, 2018
budaatum:
Because,
And please do not stupidly ask me to write that 4999 times like op did!

the question is
how do you know all gods are human creations that exists in human mind?
Re: Atheists Let's Discuss God. by budaatum: 4:42pm On Mar 20, 2018
Gggg102:

the question is

how do you know all gods are human creations that exists in human mind?
Because I have done my research and come to that conclusion.
Re: Atheists Let's Discuss God. by Gggg102(m): 4:43pm On Mar 20, 2018
budaatum:

Because I have done my research and come to that conclusion.

what are the points you proved in your research that brought you to your conclusion?
Re: Atheists Let's Discuss God. by budaatum: 4:50pm On Mar 20, 2018
Gggg102:

what are the points you proved in your research that brought you to your conclusion?
Everything written about gods is from periods when humans knew less than they know today and gods were the best explanation they gave for things that happened.

When thunder struck, the gods were angry. When the rains did not fall, the gods were angry. When someone died, god killed them. When someone lived god lived them and so on and so on. At times we even sacrificed our fellow human beings to propitiate these gods! But now we know better, in most instances.
Re: Atheists Let's Discuss God. by Gggg102(m): 4:54pm On Mar 20, 2018
budaatum:

Everything written about gods is from periods when humans knew less than they know today and gods were the best explanation they gave for things that happened.

When thunder struck, the gods were angry. When the rains did not fall, the gods were angry. When someone died, god killed them. When someone lived god lived them and so on and so on. At times we even sacrificed our fellow human beings to propitiate these gods! But now we know better, in most instances.

butterflylion I think you've gotten an answer.
Re: Atheists Let's Discuss God. by Gggg102(m): 4:59pm On Mar 20, 2018
budaatum:

you should add more flesh to this.
Re: Atheists Let's Discuss God. by OkCornel(m): 5:04pm On Mar 20, 2018
budaatum:

Good point...

That means they attributed phenomena beyond their understanding or knowledge to the gods...

1 Like

Re: Atheists Let's Discuss God. by butterflylion: 5:04pm On Mar 20, 2018
budaatum:

These are not your personal findings. This is nollywood scenario. You said you made posts before on this on nairaland and you are yet to dig them up and post here.

Everyone has been influenced in some way by nollywood and your post here also speaks in that light. It is too shallow.

I wish to see your 4999 steps as I earlier asked for.
Re: Atheists Let's Discuss God. by butterflylion: 5:05pm On Mar 20, 2018
Gggg102:

butterflylion I think you've gotten an answer.

No I haven't

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Churches Now Market Centres / Logicboy's Successes And Failures On Nairaland! / Selling In Church – What Does The Bible Say?

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.