Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,658 members, 7,809,491 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:30 AM

Do I Give Up Or Keep Up Hope? Enlighten Me Please - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Do I Give Up Or Keep Up Hope? Enlighten Me Please (504 Views)

COVID-19: Kemi Olunloyo Blasts Hope Uzodinma, Tells Him To Resign / Election Tribunal: Atiku Reacts, Shares Message Of Hope To All Nigerians / I Give It To Davido And The People Of The State Of Osun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do I Give Up Or Keep Up Hope? Enlighten Me Please by femoDee: 4:15pm On Mar 19, 2018
I always feel ashamed of being a citizen of this lost country called Nigeria.(if you are offended by this statement, I am not sorry).

There are lots of thing going wrong with this country but nothing could be done because the wrong is actually the norm( Nigerian Ideology). Many a times I watch wildlife channels, I observe the ways of life of these animals, I couldn't stop myself from thinking that " if these animals could have been the citizen of the country called Nigeria, it would have been one of the great countries in the world.

Where did we missed?
I was coming back from work few days ago then I saw a man driving against the traffic on the wrong lane then I observed he was yelling at the driver of the vehicle he was diving against ( Oga! you no see me dey come, commot joor!).

This morning in the cab's radio was an advert on road that has been repair with all thanks to our governor, then I ask myself(before nko??). Was he elected the governor so that he could only be representing our state at the celebration parties of other political leaders or to just be putting on agbada all around so the the world will know the meaning of democracy? Would an employee be given special award on daily basis for doing his duty?
I read on this platform, some weeks back, about a senator commissioning a well in a state where a borehole was commissioned in the 70's.

The world Knows every thing about Nigeria
I was speaking with brother who just returned from his master studies in one of the European universities. He said he heard his supervisor talking about a proposed world class Research institute on lassa fever to be established in africa by WHO. There was contemplation on which of the African countries would be perfect for the institute but Cameroon was having a edge over others counties. With confidence he approached the supervisor, gave him reasons why Nigeria would be the best place for this project.

Lo and behold the man replied that they were aware of all that he mentioned but they can't waste time on cutting all the corners that needs cutting in Nigerian Government because all the fund assigned for the research must be for researsh purpose only. To top it all, Nigerian research results cannot be trusted. Rather than doing the research, results could be doctored and that would be fatal to the safety of the world.

Then I asked myself can the giant be revived?. Who would do the reviving?
Is it the citizens who received insults on a daily basis from the ruling class or the ruling class whose consciences and intelligence has been buried with the likes of Awolowo, Azikwe, Balewa e.t.c
Re: Do I Give Up Or Keep Up Hope? Enlighten Me Please by Sapnaprem(f): 4:18pm On Mar 19, 2018
wetin you come want make I talk now? if i say give up, you go vex. if i say keep hope you go vex. abeg, follow your mind.
femoDee:
I always feel ashamed of being a citizen of this lost country called Nigeria.(if you are offended by this statement, I am not sorry).

There are lots of thing going wrong with this country but nothing could be done because the wrong is actually the norm( Nigerian Ideology). Many a times I watch wildlife channels, I observe the ways of life of these animals, I couldn't stop myself from thinking that " if these animals could have been the citizen of the country called Nigeria, it would have been one of the great countries in the world.

Where did we missed?
I was coming back from work few days ago then I saw a man driving against the traffic on the wrong lane then I observed he was yelling at the driver of the vehicle he was diving against ( Oga! you no see me dey come, commot joor!).

This morning in the cab's radio was an advert on road that has been repair with all thanks to our governor, then I ask myself(before nko??). Was he elected the governor so that he could only be representing our state at the celebration parties of other political leaders or to just be putting on agbada all around so the the world will know the meaning of democracy? Would an employee be given special award on daily basis for doing his duty?
I read on this platform, some weeks back, about a senator commissioning a well in a state where a borehole was commissioned in the 70's.

The world Knows every thing about Nigeria
I was speaking with brother who just returned from his master studies in one of the European universities. He said he heard his supervisor talking about a proposed world class Research institute on lassa fever to be established in africa by WHO. There was contemplation on which of the African countries would be perfect for the institute but Cameroon was having a edge over others counties. With confidence he approached the supervisor, gave him reasons why Nigeria would be the best place for this project.

Lo and behold the man replied that they were aware of all that he mentioned but they can't waste time on cutting all the corners that needs cutting in Nigerian Government because all the fund assigned for the research must be for researsh purpose only. To top it all, Nigerian research results cannot be trusted. Rather than doing the research, results could be doctored and that would be fatal to the safety of the world.

Then I asked myself can the giant be revived?. Who would do the reviving?
Is it the citizens who received insults on a daily basis from the ruling class or the ruling class whose consciences and intelligence has been buried with the likes of Awolowo, Azikwe, Balewa e.t.c
Re: Do I Give Up Or Keep Up Hope? Enlighten Me Please by gidgiddy: 4:41pm On Mar 19, 2018
Nigeria does not work as a nation and never will. The reason is that we, who were brought together by Luggard in 1914, have nothing in common

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do I Give Up Or Keep Up Hope? Enlighten Me Please by psucc(m): 5:09pm On Mar 19, 2018
Yes bros I support that his Supervisor. Anything done in Nigeria cannot be trusted. Even our ATM cannot be trusted hence you see Nigerians counting notes immediately they are dispensed by the machine.

I even blame the international donor agencies. They have contributed immensely to the mess in this country. Imagine a grant given to provide water to a populace by sinking boreholes. Even in the Sahara desert, how can you drill a single borehole at a whooping N150m and yet the donor applauds you?

Absolutely nothing works in this entrapment. In the words of Michael Learns to Rock, . . . the world so wild but you build your own paradise

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do I Give Up Or Keep Up Hope? Enlighten Me Please by femoDee: 5:50pm On Mar 19, 2018
psucc:
Yes bros I support that his Supervisor. Anything done in Nigeria cannot be trusted. Even our ATM cannot be trusted hence you see Nigerians counting notes immediately they are dispensed by the machine.

I even blame the international donor agencies. They have contributed immensely to the mess in this country. Imagine a grant given to provide water to a populace by sinking boreholes. Even in the Sahara desert, how can you drill a single borehole at a whooping N150m and yet the donor applauds you?

Absolutely nothing works in this entrapment. In the words of Michael Learns to Rock, . . . the world so wild but you build your own paradise

He even said, over #500million was given to a ministry in abuja, but the Director in charge fixed the fund. The organisation was expecting research paper for six months but couldn't receive any. Finding made them to under stand that no research was conducted and the money was fixed

1 Like

Re: Do I Give Up Or Keep Up Hope? Enlighten Me Please by femoDee: 5:51pm On Mar 19, 2018
Sapnaprem:
wetin you come want make I talk now? if i say give up, you go vex. if i say keep hope you go vex. abeg, follow your mind.
LOL..........My mind is confused
Re: Do I Give Up Or Keep Up Hope? Enlighten Me Please by Sapnaprem(f): 8:46am On Mar 20, 2018
Then defuse/difuse am na.
femoDee:

LOL..........My mind is confused
Re: Do I Give Up Or Keep Up Hope? Enlighten Me Please by conductorL5: 8:59am On Mar 20, 2018
People who claim to be "proud" of Fraudgeria as their country, I wonder what exactly they are proud of?
Buhari? Boko Haram? Fulani herdsmen? Skull mining and rituals in the waste? Kidnapping? Shithole Police being ranked the worst police in the world by WISPI? Having 3 of 4 most dangerous terror groups in the world (Boko, ISIS, Fulani)? Army beating /killing civilians? Overtaking India in the world poverty index chart? Corruption? Road accidents? Bad economy? Weak currency? IDPs littered everywhere in the Shithole? Lack of pipe-borne water and electricity? Killings left right and center?

The truth is that Fraudgeria is the worst Shithole in the world, and a hopeless one at that.
Re: Do I Give Up Or Keep Up Hope? Enlighten Me Please by Lipscomb(m): 11:02am On Mar 20, 2018
We all know our problem and Nigeria can't be fixed we should stop hoping.fake people, fake nation, fake government fake system of government. You see those useless politicians they will do everything within their care to make sure Nigeria remain as one country.That's why I always laughing at KANU when he engaged in the fight he can't finished although The man is really brave.,they said our problem is tribalism, religious differences, that's a lie our problem is corruption nothing else, when they want to share national cake both Yoruba,Hausa and Igbo they will unite like never before without see each other as Christians or Muslims.But you see that gullible Nigerian fighting online thought they rep their tribe and religious.

(1) (Reply)

You Are A Serial Liar, Jonathan Tells Osinbajo / Residents Flee Homes As Monkeys Invade Lagos / Presidency Denies That Buhari Was In Lagos To Commission Eko Atlantic Project

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.