Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,275 members, 7,839,373 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:52 PM

Uber's Self-driving Car Just Killed A Pedestrian. - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Uber's Self-driving Car Just Killed A Pedestrian. (20827 Views)

Nigerians Saw A Self-Driving Car For The First Time & Mobbed The Car (Pic,Video) / Driver Charged Over Driving Car With a Set of Pliers!! / Toyota’s New Self-driving Car Has Two Steering (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uber's Self-driving Car Just Killed A Pedestrian. by Absuchat(m): 2:36pm On Mar 20, 2018
AlphaMajestic:
u r either foolish...or ur ignorance is scarce

How does what I said lead to this?

Anyway am not surprised, madness exists in your DNA from time immemorial.

I know you are one of those that are allergic to technology, let me inform you, the most foolish Artificial intelligence machine is more intelligent than all your lineage combined.
Re: Uber's Self-driving Car Just Killed A Pedestrian. by AlphaMajestic: 10:51pm On Mar 20, 2018
Absuchat:

How does what I said lead to this?

Anyway am not surprised, madness exists in your DNA from time immemorial.

I know you are one of those that are allergic to technology, let me inform you, the most foolish Artificial intelligence machine is more intelligent than all your lineage combined.

fuc.k outta here midget
Re: Uber's Self-driving Car Just Killed A Pedestrian. by Absuchat(m): 11:02pm On Mar 20, 2018
AlphaMajestic:
fuc.k outta here midget

Thanks a lot, before I do that.... My piece of advice to you is this.... "try and move with technology, I understand that the level of your brain capacity leading to poor comprehension that ultimately leads to ignorance on you is very poor, however you can still try and make amendment." technophobia
Re: Uber's Self-driving Car Just Killed A Pedestrian. by tete7000(m): 3:29am On Mar 21, 2018
autologic:
Statistics of death due to human error still overwhelm robot .self driving car still remain the future.

And you are comparing over the same period of time for the two? Do you compare figures from something that has existed for many years with another just emerging?
Re: Uber's Self-driving Car Just Killed A Pedestrian. by tete7000(m): 3:39am On Mar 21, 2018
Absuchat:

It's not true. The car uses artificial intelligence, therefore, if you and I can learn how to drive and master the roads, the car too can do it, if not better. Although, it needs sometime to master the Nigerian roads which is typical for any road user.

You place too much trust in technology. Maybe you watch too many films on artificial intelligence. If machine succeeds in totally replacing man, the implication is that man would have created another man and become God in his own right. Man can't be God and as such he can't create something that totally mimics man intelligence. He will try but won't succeed, he will however succeed in frustrating many who hope to see machines displace man. It's like the limit placed on man being able to build a perpetual motion machine. We know that too is a mirage. Their will always be limit to man's inventions.
Re: Uber's Self-driving Car Just Killed A Pedestrian. by autologic: 6:34am On Mar 21, 2018
[quote author=tete7000 post=66015983]

And you are comparing over the same period of time for the two? Do you compare figures from something that has existed for many years with another just emerging?
Re: Uber's Self-driving Car Just Killed A Pedestrian. by Absuchat(m): 8:01am On Mar 21, 2018
tete7000:

You place too much trust in technology. Maybe you watch too many films on artificial intelligence. If machine succeeds in totally replacing man, the implication is that man would have created another man and become God in his own right. Man can't be God and as such he can't create something that totally mimics man intelligence. He will try but won't succeed, he will however succeed in frustrating many who hope to see machines displace man. It's like the limit placed on man being able to build a perpetual motion machine. We know that too is a mirage. Their will always be limit to man's inventions.

You sound funny, of course I watch so many movies, but it has little to do with my knowledge. I am a student of artificial intelligence, if you have studied k-NN in deep learning, you will not be surprised by how technicians arrived at where we are today. Having said that, you should know that these machines are not programmed to drive themselves, rather they where trained to drive and they learnt how to do just like humans do. Mistakes happen especially now that they are still young, just like young human drivers make more mistakes than their older counterparts. You see the mentality of "man can never be God" Africans have has left us behind, I thought your Bible told you that "man was created in God's image"? Let me inform you, we have advanced beyond the level you think we are
humans are now creating every organ in the human body, the heart, the kidney, the liver etc using 3D printing and the brain using Artificial intelligence (python language). Once again, if you are truly created in the image of God, then you ought to do virtually every thing that your God did.
Re: Uber's Self-driving Car Just Killed A Pedestrian. by tete7000(m): 1:02pm On Mar 21, 2018
Absuchat:

You sound funny, of course I watch so many movies, but it has little to do with my knowledge. I am a student of artificial intelligence, if you have studied k-NN in deep learning, you will not be surprised by how technicians arrived at where we are today. Having said that, you should know that these machines are not programmed to drive themselves, rather they where trained to drive and they learnt how to do just like humans do. Mistakes happen especially now that they are still young, just like young human drivers make more mistakes than their older counterparts. You see the mentality of "man can never be God" Africans have has left us behind, I thought your Bible told you that "man was created in God's image"? Let me inform you, we have advanced beyond the level you think we are
humans are now creating every organ in the human body, the heart, the kidney, the liver etc using 3D printing and the brain using Artificial intelligence (python language). Once again, if you are truly created in the image of God, then you ought to do virtually every thing that your God did.

Uhmm!, I love this discussion. Funny though, I am a technologically savy person, my only issue is that I see human beings been overly optimistic about how far technological advancement can take them. Machines will always have limitations, no matter how much man learn and know, there are boundaries he can't cross. It is not about believe in God holding anyone down or not. A non-belief in God makes man overestimate his capability too. Like those at the babel, man begins to connive to build a tower to reach God in heaven.
You say man is made in the image of God? You are right, only that you misinterpret what that means. It doesn't mean God has given man power to become totally independent of him. From a creative point of view, it only means that God has shared with man a bit of his inventive power, but man is expected to exercise even that power with recourse to God.
It always look like man will become another God creating what he wishes anytime he wants, but my dear time will ultimately prove that there is limitation to man's creative power. There are spiritual laws that remain sacrosanct that will make that impossible, the same way you have physical law science has not been able to overturn.
Re: Uber's Self-driving Car Just Killed A Pedestrian. by Absuchat(m): 1:53pm On Mar 21, 2018
tete7000:

Uhmm!, I love this discussion. Funny though, I am a technologically savy person, my only issue is that I see human beings been overly optimistic about how far technological advancement can take them. Machines will always have limitations, no matter how much man learn and know, there are boundaries he can't cross. It is not about believe in God holding anyone down or not. A non-belief in God makes man overestimate his capability too. Like those at the babel, man begins to connive to build a tower to reach God in heaven.
You say man is made in the image of God? You are right, only that you misinterpret what that means. It doesn't mean God has given man power to become totally independent of him. From a creative point of view, it only means that God has shared with man a bit of his inventive power, but man is expected to exercise even that power with recourse to God.
It always look like man will become another God creating what he wishes anytime he wants, but my dear time will ultimately prove that there is limitation to man's creative power. There are spiritual laws that remain sacrosanct that will make that impossible, the same way you have physical law science has not been able to overturn.

Few years back, A. I was a mere fantasy, but today it's a reality, anything that science has not been able to overturn, it will eventually do in the future.... The Bible said man was made in the image of God, and with that man has the capability and of course capacity to do anything that God did, doing or still will do, except unless God placed some restrictions in the level of what man can do (which I have never seen in any book), however if such exists, then man wasn't created in the image of God, because image simply means a copy of something that is already existing. If you are a technical savvy as you said, you could have understood that nairaland is a creation, and Seun is it's God, if nairaland.com behaves the way it wasn't created to, then the creator can "kill" it..... God is God, man was created in the image of God, therefore man is God.
The only limitation to what man can achieve is time

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Please Help Me With Clarification Of Odometer / Some Mechanics Cannot Make Heaven - Read AIT's Presenter Ordeal With A Mechanic / Picture Of An Okada With An Umbrella

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.