Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:58 AM

How Much Can Writing A Secondary School Textbook Fetch Me? - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / How Much Can Writing A Secondary School Textbook Fetch Me? (7334 Views)

Call For Primary And Secondary School Textbook Publisher / My Life As A Secondary School Teacher SEASON 2(by Abayomi Oluwafaith) / My Life As A Secondary School Teacher Season 1»(18+)by Abayomi Oluwafaith (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Can Writing A Secondary School Textbook Fetch Me? by Martinez19(m): 7:02pm On Mar 21, 2018
Linqsz:

He needs the money and not the humanity talk you giving him bros
True. Nevertheless, one must never overlook the opportunity to help humanity. grin
Re: How Much Can Writing A Secondary School Textbook Fetch Me? by blueSpartan: 7:58pm On Mar 21, 2018
Homeboiy:

Help me out with questions 7,8,9
Check additional maths textbook/further maths
Re: How Much Can Writing A Secondary School Textbook Fetch Me? by Homeboiy: 8:30pm On Mar 21, 2018
blueSpartan:

Check additional maths textbook/further maths
thanks but all I need now is the solution to that
it's an assignment to be submitted in 2days time
Re: How Much Can Writing A Secondary School Textbook Fetch Me? by MultiCEO1: 10:51pm On Mar 21, 2018
YOLO1:
I have been teaching secondary school students and undergraduates physics and mathematics up to a decade now. Sincerely, I am so gifted in teaching and I have helped several average students have distinctions in both physics and maths. Alot of my students have come back to appreciate me and my tutorials have been recommended to their friends and family.
Presently thinking of writing a self-explanatory textbook on both physics and maths basically for secondary school students. Want to know how authors make their money and how much am likely to make from the sales of these books.
Thanks
Contact E-KLANBOOKS Printing/Publishing Company and learn all you need to know.
Re: How Much Can Writing A Secondary School Textbook Fetch Me? by iHart(m): 12:15am On Mar 22, 2018
MultiCEO1:

Contact E-KLANBOOKS Printing/Publishing Company and learn all you need to know.
E-KLAN? Wow, this world is really a small place. I was among the authors that attended your book publishing partnership meeting about two years ago. How is it going? Were you able to push through with the book partnership deal?
Re: How Much Can Writing A Secondary School Textbook Fetch Me? by iHart(m): 1:34am On Mar 22, 2018
Votukpa:
. To manage this risk, go online. Simples. I don't need to tell you that this is the 21st century and most parents are online, all the time. Marketing costs will be low and value delivery will be instant. If you ask me, this beats printing a text book any day. If the author is satisfied with the online sales, he may choose to print a textbook edition subsequently. At this point, he would have not only benefited from the revenues but made a strong name for himself, like Frank Woods in Accounting.

You may be asking- what of copy, pasting and sharing?? Think about this, parents want their kids and their kids only to pass well. They aren't interested in their neighbor's kids doing well. They won't want to share. Besides, the author will not publish a textbook, he will develop a personalized tutorial that requires a full and interactive participation of parent and student.

Even if parents share this with their neighbors, not every parent in Nigeria know each other, and there are about 50million parents!!!

i forgot to address this. Yes, this is 21st century. In the nigerian 21st century you dare not sell a textbook as e-copy. Somebody will buy it, change the cover, put his name and begin to sell his own e-copy. Or one small "boyi" in Aba, who never finished primary school will just download your book, print out hard copy, claim authorship and begin to sell a book you spent over three year writing. Or even worse, students may team up to buy one copy, photocopy and share among themselves. This is Nigeria oh! You dare not try e-copy with school textbooks. Imagine university project works are sold online without the author's knowledge. Even big and established publishers don't try that at all. You can't see any textbook used in Nigerian schools online, never! So don't encourage anybody to do that.
Re: How Much Can Writing A Secondary School Textbook Fetch Me? by itsandi(m): 4:35pm On Mar 22, 2018
Interesting smiley Enjoy other interesting stories on Tushstories via

www.tushstories.com

#Read!
Re: How Much Can Writing A Secondary School Textbook Fetch Me? by MultiCEO1: 8:52pm On Mar 22, 2018
iHart:
E-KLAN? Wow, this world is really a small place. I was among the authors that attended your book publishing partnership meeting about two years ago. How is it going? Were you able to push through with the book partnership deal?

We later did it alone because the authors couldn't afford the counterpart funding we had out forward then. Now, we only accept good works wriiten in line with our standard. We push it through to the end and pay authors royalty. What's the name?
Re: How Much Can Writing A Secondary School Textbook Fetch Me? by iHart(m): 9:50pm On Mar 22, 2018
MultiCEO1:

We later did it alone because the authors couldn't afford the counterpart funding we had out forward then. Now, we only accept good works wriiten in line with our standard. We push it through to the end and pay authors royalty. What's the name?
That's good to hear. Goodluck as you progress.
Re: How Much Can Writing A Secondary School Textbook Fetch Me? by six33fourng: 6:57pm On Feb 01, 2023
Buy books online from your favourite bookstore in Nigeria. We have a veritable collection of books that span categories as diverse as you could possibly expect.

From segments like accountancy, to parenting and pregnancy, to banking and finance, to even topics on yoga and meditation – almost any category you seek you would books on it.

Apply to join the largest independent marketplace for book sellers today! In addition to helping us to support you and our fellow booksellers, you'll get:

Lowest fees and commissions of any commercial marketplace.
No monthly fee option — you don't pay if you don't sell.
Reach thousands times more people than a magazine ad, for a fraction of the cost

Visit - https://six33four.ng/bookstore/
Re: How Much Can Writing A Secondary School Textbook Fetch Me? by ScrollScribe: 12:04am On Feb 02, 2023
Martinez19:
I don't know o. Given your skills, do write a textbook. You might save a lot of students even after you have gone and that's a service to humanity.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hereafter (A Journey To The Otherside) By Alexander Busybrain / Trials Of A Drug Addict (True Story) / Troubled Series......the Best Romantic Story Of The Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.