Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,767 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:27 AM

Why Buhari Must Resign Now – Arewa Youth Leader, Yerima - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Buhari Must Resign Now – Arewa Youth Leader, Yerima (23108 Views)

'You Must Resign' - Akpabio Tells Saraki After Senate Clash / "Arrest Nnamdi Kanu Now": Arewa Youths Protest In Abuja (Photos) / Igbo Quit Notice: I'm Ready To Be Arrested - Arewa Youth Leader, Yerima. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Buhari Must Resign Now – Arewa Youth Leader, Yerima by erunz(m): 2:59pm On Mar 20, 2018
Shettima Yerima, National President of the Arewa Youth Consultative Forum, AYCF, has called on President Muhammadu Buhari to resign.

According to the youth leader, age and health have limited the performance of the president and there is need for him to give up leadership for a younger person.

Speaking with SaharaTV, Yerima said the Buhari-led government had failed woefully in terms of security and employment, stressing that the country has been bleeding while the president goes about attending parties.

He said, “The situation is really sad and uncalled for. It is a challenging period for the nation, no doubt. Bloodletting everywhere, coupled with poverty and unemployment. If the government was up and doing, the situation would have changed.

“From my observations, I think the killings in the nation is a script people are working on to disunite Nigeria and they are trying to align it to a particular ethnic group or religion. Call them Fulani or whatever, a criminal is always a criminal and should be treated as one.”

Speaking further, the youth leader said lack of proper coordination among security agencies had also contributed to the lingering menace.

He added, “If you look at it critically, the public don’t event have confidence in the system. They have no confidence to challenge the security agencies whenever they fail.

“To an extent, you don’t expect anything good to come out of this.”

On the controversy trailing the presence of the president at a recent wedding in Kano, Yerima said it was uncalled for.

“To me, there’s nothing wrong in attending to a wedding, but it was a wrong time for him to go when the country is boiling. An injury to all is an injury to all. Why going for a wedding with 25 governors while there blood all over the country. I think it is uncalled?”

Asked if the president should be given another chance in 2019, Yerima said it would do him good to honourably bow out.

He voiced his conviction thus, ‘He has done his best. There’s a limit he can do at this age. He’s actually sick. To coordinate even his family activities at this age is challenging, so he needs to rest.

“To me personally, I think the best thing for him to do is bow out and handover to the younger generation.”

http://dailypost.ng/2018/03/20/buhari-must-resign-now-arewa-youth-leader-yerima/

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Buhari Must Resign Now – Arewa Youth Leader, Yerima by LORDOFAFONJAS: 3:02pm On Mar 20, 2018
grin

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Must Resign Now – Arewa Youth Leader, Yerima by Baawaa(m): 3:07pm On Mar 20, 2018
This is Arewa youth leader of PDP

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Buhari Must Resign Now – Arewa Youth Leader, Yerima by sotall(m): 3:59pm On Mar 20, 2018
Ok
Re: Why Buhari Must Resign Now – Arewa Youth Leader, Yerima by eleojo23: 3:59pm On Mar 20, 2018
Baawa:

Because he told Buhari to resign abi?
The guy is saying the truth.

Is Buhari's incompetence not so glaring to all?

It's only in Nigeria that such ineptitude goes on for years unchecked.

155 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Why Buhari Must Resign Now – Arewa Youth Leader, Yerima by simonlee(m): 3:59pm On Mar 20, 2018
All these two-faced youth leaders that get silenced with a few millions will just be coming out with strategies to solicit for bribes the moment they smell general elections.

Now watch as APC campaign committee will add weight to his account. nonsense!

3 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Must Resign Now – Arewa Youth Leader, Yerima by MRAKBEE(m): 3:59pm On Mar 20, 2018
Buhari is a complete failure..
He failed in his military days..
Failed as the chairman PTF
He has failed us in the past three years and will always be a failure.
Even after retirement Buhari will still fail as a farmer with 150 female cows that never breed

66 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Buhari Must Resign Now – Arewa Youth Leader, Yerima by nairavsdollars(f): 4:00pm On Mar 20, 2018
Yerima, attention seeker, no appointment for you!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Buhari Must Resign Now – Arewa Youth Leader, Yerima by Nobody: 4:00pm On Mar 20, 2018
Issa lie. He is Ipod grin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Buhari Must Resign Now – Arewa Youth Leader, Yerima by bro4u: 4:00pm On Mar 20, 2018
lols, you guys think that tall gworo-chewing, burukutu-sipping and dawadawa-eating guy in aso rock will hear? What the dude prefers is humiliation.

8 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Must Resign Now – Arewa Youth Leader, Yerima by FRESHG(m): 4:01pm On Mar 20, 2018
LETS HEAR THE OPINION OF YORUBA MUSLIMS FIRST sad

27 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Must Resign Now – Arewa Youth Leader, Yerima by Nobody: 4:01pm On Mar 20, 2018
undecided

My fellow Yoruba Muslims supporting this man
Whats your aim gan gan?
To be given a bag of rice?
Or #500 each?
Wtf?
Really?
Vote this fuvcker out pls

28 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Must Resign Now – Arewa Youth Leader, Yerima by BruncleZuma: 4:01pm On Mar 20, 2018
grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Buhari Must Resign Now – Arewa Youth Leader, Yerima by maxzzo1(m): 4:01pm On Mar 20, 2018
Baawaa:
See ur life cos his saying the truth his PDP you guyz will remain blind in the North...

3 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Must Resign Now – Arewa Youth Leader, Yerima by fakuta(f): 4:02pm On Mar 20, 2018
WE NEED PEACE,

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Must Resign Now – Arewa Youth Leader, Yerima by oyetunder(m): 4:02pm On Mar 20, 2018
smiling in Spanish.

2 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Must Resign Now – Arewa Youth Leader, Yerima by FRESHG(m): 4:02pm On Mar 20, 2018
Baawaa:
nairavsdollars:
Yerima, attention seeker, no appointment for you!
HEAD SLAMMERS ARE ALREADY HERE

28 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Must Resign Now – Arewa Youth Leader, Yerima by Moskylatata(m): 4:02pm On Mar 20, 2018
I can't believe this is coming from a Notherner, Nigeria might get better afterall.

20 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Must Resign Now – Arewa Youth Leader, Yerima by emmolyine(m): 4:02pm On Mar 20, 2018
He can't even if he want to, he can't grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Buhari Must Resign Now – Arewa Youth Leader, Yerima by wakaman: 4:03pm On Mar 20, 2018
This one na yanmiri aboki!
Re: Why Buhari Must Resign Now – Arewa Youth Leader, Yerima by TheFreeOne: 4:04pm On Mar 20, 2018
Baawaa:
Really grin grin grin

Buboo zombies are irredeemable.

Abeg who help me see parrot sarkki to tell us Yerima is an enemy of state. cheesy

10 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Must Resign Now – Arewa Youth Leader, Yerima by simonlee(m): 4:06pm On Mar 20, 2018
Wapkoshcom:
undecided

My fellow Yoruba Muslims supporting this man
Whats your aim gan gan?
To be given a bag of rice?
Or #500 each?
Wtf?
Really?
Vote this fuvcker out pls
We will keep him there until the Fulani herdsmen kill off the Igbos and middle belters... Then we'll split the spoils of the nation!

3 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Must Resign Now – Arewa Youth Leader, Yerima by greatermax77(m): 4:06pm On Mar 20, 2018
Operation cow grazing route should be declared in Kano state in other to apprehend the miscreants behind this news

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Must Resign Now – Arewa Youth Leader, Yerima by Nobody: 4:07pm On Mar 20, 2018
Yerima should count himself lucky Buhari is president because all things being equal, he could have been given the Nnamdi Kanu treatment for the Igbo quit notice he and his group issued last year

4 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Must Resign Now – Arewa Youth Leader, Yerima by arabbunkum: 4:09pm On Mar 20, 2018
IPOB youth leader, Arewa branch.
Re: Why Buhari Must Resign Now – Arewa Youth Leader, Yerima by yoribo: 4:10pm On Mar 20, 2018
Speak the truth no one can Kill you, when you speak the mind of people God will give you increase

5 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Must Resign Now – Arewa Youth Leader, Yerima by mabea: 4:13pm On Mar 20, 2018
simonlee:
Some people are crazy... You will just wake up one morning and ask the President of a nation to resign because you think so?!

I need to stop smoking Osogbo weed i swear!
Fixed!

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Must Resign Now – Arewa Youth Leader, Yerima by Nobody: 4:14pm On Mar 20, 2018
simonlee:

We will keep him there until the Fulani herdsmen kill off the Igbos and middle belters... Then we'll split the spoils of the nation!

olorun ngbor
make we just split abi na by force no be korea be that? them don split and without any war even north korea they still buy crude oil from south korea

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Buhari Must Resign Now – Arewa Youth Leader, Yerima by simonlee(m): 4:15pm On Mar 20, 2018
mabea:
Fixed!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Buhari Must Resign Now – Arewa Youth Leader, Yerima by poseidon12: 4:16pm On Mar 20, 2018
Well spoken. Good to hear this from a Northern youth leader.
Meanwhile, some Southerners are scared to say same, even if they feel that way. Cowardice.

6 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Must Resign Now – Arewa Youth Leader, Yerima by asobo: 4:17pm On Mar 20, 2018
PMB IS NOT AS POPULAR AS PEOPLE THINK. YES I SAID IT, IF NOT FOR THE SUPPORT OF TINUBU WHO HIM EPP.#DAURAISCALLING

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Was Not Ambushed By Herdsmen - Kayode Ajulo / Obono-Obla: Peter Obi Is Not Eligible To Contest Presidential Election Under LP / Air Strikes Neutralized Notorious Kidnapper, Janari, In Kaduna State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.