Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,808 members, 7,810,107 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:53 PM

Lethal Matrimony - Literature (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Lethal Matrimony (89563 Views)

Deadly Matrimony [Romance❤] / Matrimony Of Secrets / Wilting Matrimony #2/matrimonyseries/ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lethal Matrimony by bimberry1307(f): 1:29pm On May 21, 2018
Thank God o. Nene has finally borrowed brain. thanks Op, you're doing great.
Re: Lethal Matrimony by Hervoice: 2:59pm On May 21, 2018
wow, lovely story. forgiveness is the best drug manufactured by God. Marriage no easy oh
Re: Lethal Matrimony by Ibunkun1(m): 4:01pm On May 21, 2018
Wow,welldone Ma'am.I'm So Happy For Cassie.She Got A Second Chance And Nene I Understand Her Better Now Cos I Was Really Riled Up By Nene's Actions Towards Richard.Good Work,u're Awesome
Re: Lethal Matrimony by Giannaaaaaa: 1:21am On May 22, 2018
NENE

Nene watched Richard sleep on the couch in the room.  She rolled her eyes,  it wasn't like she was going to take the baby and run away in the middle of the night.

It was obvious he wasn't comfortable on the couch,  his long legs were cramped. She'd asked him to sleep in the guest room but he'd insisted on sleeping in her room.

"Richard" she shook him lightly at first but he didn't stir so she shook him roughly till his eyes fluttered open. His eyes focused on her and he shot up immediately, "Is he okay,  are you fine?  What's the matter Nene?" he asked looking worried.

"I'm fine, yes he's asleep. I want to talk, we might not have time to do that when he wakes up" Nene said. It had taken them hours to get him to sleep,  he was insatiable . He liked to be held and cried whenever he was put down to sleep.  Nene and Richard had taken turns before he finally fell asleep.

Nene briefly wondered how she would have coped if Richard wasn't with her.  She didn't even know a lot about babies. When they had brought him home, she didn't know what to do without him. It was Richard who had swung into action and handled him, he had a lot of experience in the baby department because he had a junior sister and his mum once ran a day care.

"I don't think we should talk now, go to bed" Richard said coldly.

" We have to address this issue, sooner or later we'll have to talk about it.  I say sooner than later" Nene insisted.

"What's there to talk about, as usual you decided to be selfish. You wanted to keep my son all to yourself, how could you tell me he was dead?!" Richard asked angrily but not loudly so he wouldn't wake their son.

"I wasn't being selfish, it was pure maternal protection instincts. And you want to talk about being selfish, Richard you started it.  You went behind my back to get a lawyer,  you wanted to divorce me!" Nene said frowning.

"What did you expect me to do? You can't even stay married to you Nene. You were driving me nuts, insane, crazy,  you made my life hell"  Richard said getting up.

"I made your life hell?  You weren't exactly the best husband Richard. Nothing I did ever pleased you,  you were always finding fault in my actions.  You spend to much Nene, you're too extravagant Nene! I stopped doing the laundry because you always complained everything I did it" she wanted to scream but then she remembered their son.

"I wasn't wrong was I?  You were always buying unnecessary expensive things. And anything I talked to you about it,  you'd end up screaming. Telling me it was your father's money, and speaking about laundry...the only time I ever complained was when you washed both my white shirts and the colored ones together. And you did that on purpose just to rile me up" Richard scoffed.

"You called your parents now and reported  every of our problems to them. Where are you parents now?" he sneered.

"I only called my parents because you treated me like a burden and not your wife"   Nene hissed.

"I never planned to have a wife Nene, but I would have endured it if at least you weren't so horrible to me,  and my family too.  Even if you hated me that much, my mother did nothing to you!" Richard said.

"You didn't like my father either" Nene spat.

"What's there to like about a man who threatened and forced me to marry his daughter?" Richard asked.

"Forced, don't you mean bribed Richard?" Nene hissed.

"I don't know what your father told you but he never paid me a penny to marry you" Richard was shaking with rage now.

"Yeah right? asides the fifteen million,  you got promoted.  From minor staff to CFO, you know you didn't deserve it Richard.  Suddenly you were living in a mansion, you had the expensive cars to go with it.  I know nothing about dad's business so you knew you would inherit it in his death. Don't you dare fûcking lie that you were forced to marry me.  You weren't!" Nene said glaring at him.

"I didn't want anyone of it, and what mansion?  I was slave in that house, the promotion was for your father's image, and the cars Nene! I had to ask for permission before you let me use them. Everything I got you angry, you seized the keys" Richard said.

"I'm sorry you didn't get what you signed up for, the easy submissive wife who would have let you control everything" Nene mocked.

"I didn't sign up for anything Nene, you're hardly my type.  If you weren't pregnant, I wouldn't have married you no matter what. You're a spoiled brat and you're also an overgrown baby.  Hopefully you'll start acting your age now that you have a child" Richard said harshly.

"Get out... "Nene said coldly.

"I'm not leaving, my son is here and I'm not leaving. You're going to have to get used to it" Richard returned back to his position on the couch. Nene hissed and went back to the bed.

They didn't speak in the morning either, or rather Nene wouldn't to talk to him.  Richard had asked a few questions but after a few monosyllabic  responses, he gave up.

In the afternoon, he called his mother who came along with his sister. Mrs Imoh was appalled and disgusted with what Nene and her Family had done but she didn't voice out her opinion. She only paid attention to the baby, Richard's sister Antonia on the other hand  had been vocal.

"You're a despicable piece of shit Nene,  I'm glad my brother divorced you. What kind of mother tells her husband that his child is dead?" Tonia hissed at Nene.

"You're such a terrible person that's why people stay away. That's why you're unloved and alone, and I'm sorry for your son because he'd have to settle for you as his mother" Tonia turned on her heels and walked away to go join her brother and her mother upstairs.

Tears stung Nene's eyes but she refused to shed any. She didn't expect love or anything but hate from Richard and his family. It wasn't fair anyway, how they all saw Richard as the saint and her as the devil.

He hadn't been the only unhappy in the marriage, she'd been unhappy too.  It's something no one would understand, Tonia was not entirely wrong.

She had been alone, now she had a baby. A son who would love her when he grew older.

11 Likes

Re: Lethal Matrimony by Destiny4fame(m): 5:37am On May 22, 2018
Thanks for the update. Feeling for her already, as a counselor, I can imagine what she's going through. Parents not having time for their wards has a bad effects psychologically on the development of such child. Richie shouldn't have behaved like that since Cassie already spoke with him. He should be a man and explained what happened between him and his father, I'm sure she will understand. They can't make the marriage work this way. The most important thing in any relationship is communication, they should sit and talk like adults jere.....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lethal Matrimony by Nobody: 9:11am On May 22, 2018
Destiny4fame:
Thanks for the update. Feeling for her already, as a counselor, I can imagine what she's going through. Parents not having time for their wards has a bad effects psychologically on the development of such child. Richie shouldn't have behaved like that since Cassie already spoke with him. He should be a man and explained what happened between him and his father, I'm sure she will understand. They can't make the marriage work this way. The most important thing in any relationship is communication, they should sit and talk like adults jere.....
Very true, bro. Nice piece of reasoning.
Re: Lethal Matrimony by Nobody: 9:13am On May 22, 2018
Richard, argument won't solve the problem, just settle things out with Nene. I am sure she will understand.Thanks for the update. Keep it up.
Re: Lethal Matrimony by kennybelle: 9:58am On May 22, 2018
Obviously, Nene hasn't still learnt her lessons, but Richard cut her some slacks a bit, now that she's a mother, she'll learn to start acting maturedly on her own. She's indeed an overgrown baby. Thanks for the update ma'am
Re: Lethal Matrimony by skubido(m): 10:17am On May 22, 2018
Make Richard chill for nene jhor, she go soon change nao

tanks a lot for the update. God bless
Re: Lethal Matrimony by Favyo(f): 12:00pm On May 22, 2018
Wow! Nice one, Gianna, more grace!
Re: Lethal Matrimony by Nobody: 5:03pm On May 22, 2018
Well done Giannaaaaaa

2 Likes

Re: Lethal Matrimony by chrysan(f): 6:57pm On May 22, 2018
Nice one, well done @op
Re: Lethal Matrimony by Ibunkun1(m): 10:50pm On May 22, 2018
Hmmmmm,richard Gbori Duro o.Great Update Ma'am.Welldone
Re: Lethal Matrimony by Saintmary(f): 10:08am On May 23, 2018
Thank you so much Gianaaaaaa for taking us on this lovely journey. I'm glad you're planning to complete the story. Please build a reputation of completing your stories. You can try to complete them first before posting. That is a sure way of getting permanent fans for yourself and we'll be sure to recommend you for awards. Have a great day.

2 Likes

Re: Lethal Matrimony by bimberry1307(f): 10:45am On May 23, 2018
Thanks gianaaaaaa, every bit of it is making sense
Re: Lethal Matrimony by PrudySara(f): 4:16pm On May 24, 2018
Wow... Such a nice ride from the beginning to page 12. Giannna, u r DA bomb cheesy wink wink
Lovely!!
Re: Lethal Matrimony by Kaycee9242(m): 9:42pm On May 25, 2018
Well done op u are really doing great job
Re: Lethal Matrimony by sheba222(f): 6:06am On May 28, 2018
tumb up for u,pls come and complete it.

1 Like

Re: Lethal Matrimony by Giannaaaaaa: 4:55pm On May 30, 2018
My apologies on delay, book will be completed shortly.
Thank you!!!!!!!!!

4 Likes

Re: Lethal Matrimony by skubido(m): 5:33pm On May 30, 2018
Giannaaaaaa:
My apologies on delay, book will be completed shortly.
Thank you!!!!!!!!!

u too much

1 Like

Re: Lethal Matrimony by Nobody: 6:06pm On May 30, 2018
Welcome back Giannaaaaaa.

3 Likes

Re: Lethal Matrimony by Giannaaaaaa: 11:53am On Jun 01, 2018
NENE

"Oh my, Nene he's so cute. And small...look at his toes" Dara gushed. The baby made a sound and gave a sort of irritated look. "Look that face, he's already a snob.  Like his mom" Dara teased. Nene rolled her eyes and picked up the baby.

"Aunt Dara is crazy,  don't listen to her" Nene said. He opened his mouth and let out a cry, Cassie shook her head.  "I think he cries this much just to piss us off" Richard said coming into the room.

"Maybe it's a trait he got from the mother" Cassie winked. "Have you thought of names yet? the ceremony is in two days" Dara asked. "No" Richard said. "Although I've written down a list of names Nene might like to go through" Richard eyes flicked to Nene briefly.

"I already picked his first name, maybe you can pick a second" Nene replied. "Really?....you never mentioned it" Richard said calmly. Cassie sensed there was still bad blood between them so she cleared her throat.

"You know you two have to act civil for the baby. No child wants parents who fight and argue all the time" She said.

"Who made you counselor, adviser?" Nene asked icily. Whatever went on between her and Richard it was none of their business.

"Nene, Cassie is just trying to help" Dara said quietly.

"Richard and I are fine. We have a baby, that doesn't change anything between us" Nene said coldly.

Cassie frowned "For Christ's sake Nene, your pride will be the death of you. I'm leaving" Cassie got up and picked up her bag.

"Dara you should come with me" Cassie urged Dara who complied. "Come on Cassie, you aren't just going to leave this way na" Richard sighed.

"No, I'm giving you two space to talk. I'll be back, but before I leave...there is something you two should know. Richard, Nene loves you. She always has and Nene, Richard Is the only person who can put up with your shït. I don't know the circumstances of your first marriage but that's in the past. You two get your act together and get back together again. At least for the sake of your son" Cassie said and looked at the baby in Nene's arms. She nudged Dara and they left.

"Why didn't you tell me Nene?" Richard asked.

"Tell you what?" Nene asked opting to play dumb.

"That you had feelings for me..." Richard said.

Nene scoffed "Cassie is only planting ideas in your head. I don't have feelings for you, never did" Nene said and turned away with the baby.

"Your father came to me when you were pregnant, he told me that if I didn't marry you. He'd ruin my family, he'd force you to have an abortion. I married you out of duty, not because of wealth. The fifteen million remains untouched, it's not mine. It's for the baby" Richard said.

"It doesn't matter...." Nene said.

"It does, our marriage was doomed to fail from the very beginning. Because of your father's lies Nene, I know you're not cruel. You're hard to please but not cruel, if your father hadn't lied to you. We might have been happy" Richard said.

"What about Idara?" Nene asked. Wasn't Idara his miss perfect anymore, his soul mate?

"It our divorce to make me understand that Idara was never the one for me. Nene I'm sorry, if you're willing to try again then I'm ready" Richard said.

"You only want me now because you want to be closer to your son" Nene said.

"Is that what you really think, I've never seen a woman as stubborn and proud as you are Nene" Richard shook his head.

"Yet you still want me..." she smirked.

"I suppose it's a part of you I have to accept"

"I suppose I can cope with your annoying habits too" Nene said. Richard smiled a little, "You want to try again?" Richard asked.

"If you want to, then yes" Nene said.

"Of course I do, I want you back. This time things will be different" Richard looked at the baby.

"I know..." Nene twisted her lips. And she knew she was making the right decision, she did love him after all.

5 Likes

Re: Lethal Matrimony by Giannaaaaaa: 12:35pm On Jun 01, 2018
Have you seen the new thread!!!!!

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

We're relocating everyone, grab your chairs, popcorn,
and drinks. The train's about move

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lethal Matrimony by Giannaaaaaa: 12:36pm On Jun 01, 2018
EPILOGUE

Watch out for book2

Wilting Matrimony

Richard feels threatened by the new man in Nene's life.  A man he cannot get rid of.

Cassie is nervous about the gender of the new baby, Dele resurfaces.

A strange woman shows up at the Okolies and Jidenna's secrets are exposed.

Ladies and gentlemen are you ready!!!!!!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lethal Matrimony by kennybelle: 1:11pm On Jun 01, 2018
Way to go! we're ever ready. I'm happy Nene is willing to make things right, I love the fact that Cassy was blunt with them abt their marriage. Thanks for the update, Part 2 shld start already, cnt wait wink

1 Like

Re: Lethal Matrimony by Giannaaaaaa: 1:41pm On Jun 01, 2018
smiley It's already on
kennybelle:
Way to go! we're ever ready. I'm happy Nene is willing to make things right, I love the fact that Cassy was blunt with them abt their marriage. Thanks for the update, Part 2 shld start already, cnt wait wink
Re: Lethal Matrimony by PraisesG(f): 1:53pm On Jun 01, 2018
Giannaaaaaa:
EPILOGUE

Watch out for book2

Wilting Matrimony

Richard feels threatened by the new man in Nene's life.  A man he cannot get rid of.

Really, good job.
Nice write up.

1 Like

Re: Lethal Matrimony by bimberry1307(f): 2:39pm On Jun 01, 2018
oya nua, get the ball rolling..... thanks for the first epistle.

1 Like

Re: Lethal Matrimony by chrysan(f): 2:39pm On Jun 01, 2018
Wait!!!, I'm coming, let me pack my bags ooo

3 Likes

Re: Lethal Matrimony by ahnie: 5:01pm On Jun 01, 2018
PraisesG:

Really, good job.
Nice write up.
Pls cc me when it starts....good evening.
Sorry for not replying ur pm.but we can watsapp 07063967555
Re: Lethal Matrimony by Ann2012(f): 7:46pm On Jun 01, 2018
Oya let's go there, I don carry my chair
Giannaaaaaa:
EPILOGUE

Watch out for book2

Wilting Matrimony

Re: Lethal Matrimony by skubido(m): 9:43pm On Jun 01, 2018
No no say we go still cross border ooo. Tank God my papers always dey with me.

Oya make we dey go ooo,

Tanks a lot for the update so far.
U too much.

Jah bless

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Last Gang Standing (Crime) / The Devil In The Suit / Who Knows The Story Of Medusa? (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.