Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,771 members, 7,817,138 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:57 AM

Lethal Matrimony - Literature (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Lethal Matrimony (89624 Views)

Deadly Matrimony [Romance❤] / Matrimony Of Secrets / Wilting Matrimony #2/matrimonyseries/ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lethal Matrimony by skubido(m): 6:57pm On May 06, 2018
Plz comma update ke
Re: Lethal Matrimony by Nobody: 10:39pm On May 06, 2018
Giannaaaaaa, hope you are ok ?

3 Likes

Re: Lethal Matrimony by Favyo(f): 2:55pm On May 07, 2018
Ohw Gianna, you're the vewie best! wink cheesy wink grin
Re: Lethal Matrimony by itsandi(m): 6:12pm On May 07, 2018
Interesting smiley Enjoy other interesting stories on Tushstories via

www.tushstories.com

#Read!
Re: Lethal Matrimony by skubido(m): 12:57pm On May 08, 2018
Op hope all is well ooo
Re: Lethal Matrimony by Kaycee9242(m): 2:39pm On May 08, 2018
Op well done dt was a nice update
Re: Lethal Matrimony by Giannaaaaaa: 1:14am On May 10, 2018
NINE

CASSIE

Cassie sighed the minute she walked out of the pharmacy . She looked at the home pregnancy test kit in hand and sighed again.
She could have taken it in the bathroom at the pharmacy like the attendant had suggested but she didn't.
What it the test turned out positive, what could be worse than that. She's break down into tears and refuse to leave the pharmacy.

Shoving the tests into her bag, she squared her shoulders and walked to her car. This is no time for tears or breakdowns, if at all the test turned out positive she'd book an appointment with a doctor who would get rid of it.

She wouldn't take her chances at all, the baby could be Tobi's or Dele's. She wouldn't make the mistake of waiting for a paternity test to tell. Besides, she didn't even want a baby in her life right now.

She got into her car before dialing her husband's number. Tobi answered before the caller tone ended. "Hey baby, where are you?" Tobi asked.

"I went to see Nene, I'm coming back home. Do you want me to pick up anything for you on my way?" She asked driving out to the parking lot.

"No, I'm going to the airport in a few minutes. Dele is leaving for Singapore today, I'm dropping him off" Tobi answered.

Dele is leaving? Hallelujah to that. It was obvious he'd gotten bored of tormenting her. She on the other hand had learned to bite and retaliated everytime he offended her.

She knew he was the one who had planted the idea in Tobi's mind that she was having an affair with Richard. Stupid, lying, arseholë. And Tobi had been trusting enough to believe it, as if she'd ever have an affair with Nene's ex.

"Okay honey, what do you want for dinner?" Cassie asked.

"Is it okay if we dine out tonight? Get ready before I get back home yeah?" Tobi asked.

"Sure, we could do something foreign. How about that Indian Cuisine at Ikoyi. I'm in the mood for something spicy and tangy" Cassie suggested. Anything less made her queasy, she certainly did not want to throw up in public and arouse Tobi's suspicions the more.

This morning when they were making love he'd casually mentioned to her that her breasts were tender like that of a pregnant woman and then his palm had moved to her stomach. She knew he had this suspicions because he'd been around a few pregnant women to know when one was. Better to hurry and take care of the problems.

"Okay anything you want b" Tobi replied. Cassie ended the call and made a mental note to call Dara the minute she got home.

She didn't expect to see Dele and Tobi when she got home. She'd expected them to be on their way to the airport but they were still lounging around the living room when she got home.

She walked to her husband and dropped a Kiss on his lips. "Dele" she acknowledged coldly before sitting.

"I thought you were leaving" She schooled her voice to sound normal, uninterested and not anxious and wary.

"Not without saying goodbye to my favorite sister in law. I'm going to miss you, your cooking and everything. Take care of my brother okay?" Dele winked.

"I always do" Cassie faked a smile.

Dele's eyes crinkled and he brought out his phone. "A picture before I leave?" He asked staring at Cassie openly.

"Okay, sure" Cassie leaned closer and smiled as the flash went off.

"Thank you Cassie, I won't forget you" Dele said before standing up. Cassie looked at him with venom in her eyes, if looks could kill he'd be dead in seconds.

"Okay b, let me drop Dele at the airport. I'll be back soon" Tobi kissed Cassie. He was oblivious to the tension in the room. Couldn't see the glares Dele was getting or the winks Dele was sending.

"Never mind brother, let me take a cab. I'll call you when I land" Dele said picking up his back pack.

Good riddance, Cassie thought placing her hand on her husband's shoulder to keep him from protesting. "Good bye Dele" For life, hopefully.

"Have a Safe trip" I hope you crash and burn, Cassie smiled and waved.

"Bye Cassandra" And Dele was gone, out of her life for good.

"I know it sounds odd, but I'm going to miss him" Tobi grinned. "Really?" Cassie said sourly. She moved to the kitchen to get a bottle of water from the fridge.

"Get a lemon soda for me please" Tobi requested. He moved to sit on the chair again but Cassie's bag fell off.

Frowning, he picked up the bag and looked at the contents on the floor. A mint gum, a pack of wipes, sunglasses and.....

"Here's your soda" Cassie walked back into the living room and saw the test kit in her husband's hand.

Her chest constricted, and she closed her eyes briefly. What happens next?

Tobi answered her silent question. "Take the test immediately" he said.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lethal Matrimony by Giannaaaaaa: 2:21am On May 10, 2018
RICHARD

"I've been trying to reach you for hours. Whatever happened to your phone?" Idara said entering Ms Imoh's kitchen.
His phone had been on the table beside him but he hadn't answered when he saw Idara's call.
Early this morning, he'd dialed Nene's number with his mother's phone. She picked but had ended the call the minute she found out it was him.
Did she really hate him that much, was there no ounce of compassion for him? Didn't she understand how he was feeling? He'd lost his baby and he still hadn't been able to reach the mother for Christ sakes.

"Richard what's wrong with you, you look so depressed. I don't like it" Idara hissed.

"Depressed? I'm not depressed. Just furious, I don't know why Nene wouldn't stop being selfish. She wouldn't talk to me, I'm sure she's moved on with her life. Luxury trips, extravagant shopping trips but I've not. I need to talk to her" Richard said picking up another plantain.

"Nene has moved on Richie, she's fine! She doesn't want to talk about the baby probably because she's still upset. Leave her alone, move on with your life. I'm here for you" Idara took his hand.

Richard nodded absently. "What are you cooking?" Idara asked.

"Plantain and Eggs, Tonia is coming home today. I want to make dinner for her and mum" Richard said.

"Antonia! I'm staying for dinner. Can't wait to see her, when was the last time she came home?" Idara asked about Richard's younger sister.

"My wedding. She said she has business in Lagos. Maybe she'll stay for a while this time, I miss her too" Richard chuckled thinking about his hard headed sister that had relocated to Benin Republic after her youth service.

"Let me help with the egg sauce. What ingredients did you get? " Idara asked dropping her arm bag.

"I never liked that Nene girl, very haughty girl" Tonia hissed.

"Tonia, you shouldn't say that. Your brother's wife had faults but..." Idara cut Richard's mother off.

"Ex wife" she said.

"Ex wife" Ms Imoh frowned and turned back to her meal.

"Thank you Id, you freed my brother from the claws of that witch. Tell me, what's going on between you two. Now that the witch is out of the picture, will you start dating again?" Tonia asked Idara.

"Your brother doesn't need a relationship now" Ms Imoh said.

"Actually we're working on it. You know how compatible Richard and I have always been" Idara winked.

Ms Imoh rolled her eyes and picked up her plate. "Tonia, I'm going to bed. Tell Richard to see me when he gets back. Idara it's getting late, when are you leaving?" she asked.

"I'm sleeping over, Tonia and I have a lot to catch up on. Good night ma" Idara said.

"Alright, goodnight girls" Ms Imoh left the duo alone.

"Tonia you have to help me, you know how much I love your brother. I've tried everything but he's still hung up on his ex wife, please. And your mother is not happy with me, you're my only ally" Idara said when Ms Imoh was out of hearing.

"No problem Id, you're good for my brother. You're the kind of wife Richie needs, I'll help you. I'll talk to mum too" Tonia promised.

"Thank you so much. Thank you" Idara said smiling gratefully.

"It's nothing, so how is work?" Tonia asked.

"Challenging, you know I'm a big girl na. I always take the bull by the horn, Akwa Ibom no dey carry last" Idara said.

"Yes o!" Tonia cheered.

"Oh and Richie told me you're here for business. Are you still into clothing?" Idara asked.

"Yes, business is good. I'm also here for something else. The Nigerian bobo I just recently hooked, his name is Afonye. I call him Afy for short, Afy he's an OB/GYN. He works at KTrust hospital. He wants me to meet his family, if everything goes out well. We'll be getting married before the year runs out" Tonia gushed.

"Oh my God, wow! I must be your chief bridesmaid. When are we meeting him, does Richard know yet?" Idara asked.

"No, you know how protective Richie is. Don't tell him yet, I'll tell him myself. It's only mum that knows" Tonia said.

"Okay lips sealed" Idara said. She grinned, if she was lucky too perhaps Richard will marry her soon.

5 Likes

Re: Lethal Matrimony by Nobody: 6:52am On May 10, 2018
Thanks for the update Giannaaaaaa.

3 Likes

Re: Lethal Matrimony by Kaycee9242(m): 7:00am On May 10, 2018
Op tanx for d double update, am having d feeling dt Dele didn't leave for good its quite unlike him, I believe he has plans
Re: Lethal Matrimony by Nobody: 7:14am On May 10, 2018
Eeya... Am feeling pity for cassie. That's why it is bad to make decisions when we are emotionally unstable.

3 Likes

Re: Lethal Matrimony by skubido(m): 8:01am On May 10, 2018
Cassi don enter ham ooo.

Tanks for d update. Jah bless
Re: Lethal Matrimony by Nobody: 1:08pm On May 10, 2018
Cassie don enter gobe. Thanks for the update.
Re: Lethal Matrimony by Nobody: 3:47pm On May 10, 2018
Please please come and complete the story
Re: Lethal Matrimony by Uniquechild(f): 9:23pm On May 10, 2018
Dele must have something up his sleeves. Cassie it's finished o. Thanks for the update
Re: Lethal Matrimony by Giannaaaaaa: 9:43pm On May 10, 2018
DARA

"I loved you, after everything I've done for you. I can't believe you'd accuse me of hurting your family" Dara turned to her husband, only he didn't feel like her husband these days. He'd turned against her and that alone was the ultimate betrayal.

"What would I gain from hurting your family, what? Your family has always been paramount over any other thing. Over me, over my desires, over my needs, over what I want. Since the moment you hit it big, you put them before me. You forgot I was the one who helped when you had nothing" Dara clutched her chest.

"That's enough Dara, you've always been against my family. It was only natural for you to be prime suspect" Jidenna said.

"Even if everyone goes against me, aren't you supposed to support me. I'm your wife Jidenna but apparently I mean nothing to you. I'm not going to fool myself any longer that I mean anything to you, if you want a divorce that's fine" Dara sniffed turning away.

"I don't want a divorce, Dara please you have to understand. When I went to the spiritualist he said you are the root of the problem, you have to come with me to the village" Jidenna said.

"I'm not going anywhere with you! You've insulted me enough, go to your spiritualist. Listen to his lies, I did nothing to your family. If you don't believe me then I want nothing to do with you, you don't deserve to be my husband" Dara crossed her arms.

"I won't let any harm come to you, he just has to see you to know exactly what to do. Come with me, prove to me you have nothing to do with whatever happened to my mother" Jidenna asked.

"I did nothing to your mother, I don't have to prove anything to you" Dara protested.

"Dara, my mother might die. My sisters, please. Quit being stubborn, I beg you" Jidenna said.

"Why should I listen to you? Look at the way your family maltreated me. You stood there and did nothing. I want nothing to do with your family, please. I will go to you to the church but I won't risk my life by going to the village with you" Dara said with a note of finality.

Tears clouded her vision when she remembered what he'd put her through with his family.

"I won't let any harm come to you, I promise" Jidenna said.

"Promise, you've promised me a lot. Which have you fulfilled? Do you remember your vows on the altar, to love and protect me? How have you protected me, do you you even love me? You don't! if you did, you wouldn't let me suffer" Dara screamed at him.

The noise attracted her mother who came into the living room. "Dara, Jidenna. It's high time you told me what is going on" her mother said looking at the duo suspiciously.

She'd suspected the very minute she saw Dara that her daughter was not fine. Dara looked frail and sad, she'd poked her daughter for answers but got nothing.

Now Jidenna was here and she'd been hearing a screaming match. "What's the matter, Dara looks unhappy and you don't look well either" Dara's mother asked.

"We're fine" they chorused despite the strained air.

"I don't believe that, I'm going to ask one last time. What's going on here?" Her mother asked, eagle eyes looking at the couple.

Dara broke into tears, she really hated other people in her business but she was hurting. "We're going through some crisis, Jidenna's mother is terribly Ill. Doctor's can't find anything wrong with her, his two sisters are also going through the same thing" Dara rubbed her forehead.

"Why am I just hearing this?" Dara's mother asked.

"We wanted to keep it a secret" Jidenna said coldly.

"Only that it's not such a secret, Jidenna's family are aware. They think I'm responsible for it" Dara explained weakly.

"Jidenna, what nonsense is that? You tell your people that I raised my daughter properly, she's not so callous or vile" Dara's mother hissed.

"Can you imagine, kini iru ọrọ idoti ni pe?" Dara's mother hissed. "Have you seen a pastor?" she asked.

"He went to a native doctor" Dara hissed painfully.

"Babalawo? I wasn't under the impression that I gave my daughter to a man who indulged in such native practices" Dara's mother said coldly.

"The family suggested it" Jidenna said.

"And you aren't man enough to dismiss such nonsense, I can imagine what you've put my daughter through" Her mother said shaking her head.

"Ma..." Jidenna began but Dara's mother held up her hand.

"No! Tomorrow we are going to see my pastor. Enough is enough! where ever the problem is from,We will deal with it" Dara's mother said with a note of finality.

Jidenna sighed and made no other arguments, his mother in law never took no for an answer. The decision had been made, he looked forward to the next day.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lethal Matrimony by Missmossy(f): 9:49pm On May 10, 2018
God please keep guys like Jidenna far from me who ain't man enough. Church over spiritualists any time any day!! Keep it coming, thumbs up.

1 Like

Re: Lethal Matrimony by Nobody: 9:49pm On May 10, 2018
Thanks for the update Giannaaaaaa. Dara should divorce that jidenna of a man.

4 Likes

Re: Lethal Matrimony by Cadec007(m): 9:55pm On May 10, 2018
Missmossy:
God please keep guys like Jidenna far from me who ain't man enough. Church over spiritualists any time any day!! Keep it coming, thumbs up.
Abasi mbok! Keep ladies like nene far away from me!

1 Like

Re: Lethal Matrimony by Cadec007(m): 9:57pm On May 10, 2018
chivera018:
Thanks for the update Giannaaaaaa. Dara should divorce that jidenna of a man.
seconded!!

2 Likes

Re: Lethal Matrimony by Saintmary(f): 9:29am On May 11, 2018
chivera018:
Thanks for the update Giannaaaaaa.
Dara should divorce that jidenna of a man.
I wonder why women stay in such environments. It's not honorable to die for a marriage. Christ already died.
Funny enough, once she's dead, the man will remarry within a year. Eku ise jare Gianaaaaaa.

1 Like

Re: Lethal Matrimony by Nobody: 9:38am On May 11, 2018
Saintmary:

I wonder why women stay in such environments. It's not honorable to die for a marriage. Christ already died.
Funny enough, once she's dead, the man will remarry within a year. Eku ise jare Gianaaaaaa.
lol, it is obvious women like suffering, one year is too much sef, one man in my area remarried after 4 months.

3 Likes

Re: Lethal Matrimony by Uniquechild(f): 10:07am On May 11, 2018
Dara's mum you're a darling don't mind your yeye Inlaw who can't defend and protect his wife. God over everything. Kudos to the writer. More mb

1 Like

Re: Lethal Matrimony by Giannaaaaaa: 12:00pm On May 11, 2018
CASSIE

"You weren't supposed to find that" Cassie said nervous. "Why? you knew I had my suspicions. Why didn't you tell me you also had suspicions? I'm assuming you're noticing some symptoms" Tobi said looking at Cassie intently.

"I was going to, I didn't want to get your hopes up in case it didn't turn out positive" Cassie said. It was more lie than truth, she didn't plan on telling Tobi at all.

"Let's go upstairs" Tobi stood up and walked to her taking her hand. "Now? Can't I take it after our dinner date?" Cassie asked. "No....aren't you at least curious? I want to know now before anticipation might kill me" Tobi chuckled.

Cassie swallowed the huge bile in her throat and sent a silent prayer to God. 'Negative lord, please negative' she closed her eyes briefly.

Tobi sensed her resistance and lifted her into his arms like she weighed nothing. He suspected she didn't want a baby now because she didn't want any of their children involved in the family cult.

He'd also been talking to his mother about it, the cult was absolutely harmless. More about the protection than anything else but if it made Cassie that uncomfortable, he didn't want their children to be party of it.

"You don't have to come into the bathroom with me" Cassie protested. "I want to, don't tell me you're embarrassed. I'm your husband not your boyfriend" Tobi said strongly taking her into the bathroom. He set her down beside the tub.

Cassie's eyes watered. If the test turned out positive, she'd have to tell him the truth. There will be no way out of this, no abortion just the truth. And the truth will shatter him and ruin whatever that's between them.

She stretched out her hand for the kit and did the necessary while Tobi watched curiously. "So what next, how many minutes do we have to wait?" Tobi asked.
"This one says we have to wait for ten minutes, I'll leave it on the sink. We'll check it in ten minutes, if it has a pink stripe then it's possitive" Cassie explained.

Tobi looked at his watch and smiled. "Alright" he said. He didn't need to test to tell him that She was pregnant, he'd noticed a few things himself. He noticed her tensed state and sighed "I won't put our children in danger" he said.

"What?" Cassie looked up confused. "The family cult, that's why you're nervous right. I won't put them in danger, I'll talk to the family. If there is a way to leave our kids out of it, I'll let you know" Tobi said.

"It's not that...I'm not worried about that" Cassie said. She looked at the test on the sink. Why not just screw it all and tell him now?

"Then what is it? you look like you've been dipped into ice cold water. What's the matter?" Tobi asked.

Cassie shook her head and walked out of the bathroom. She went straight to bed and pulled the duvet over her body. "Cassandra, I won't know what the problem is until you tell me" Tobi came to sit beside her.

"Let's just wait for the test" She muttered. Tobi nodded and came to lie beside her. One arm circled her waist and he buried his face into her neck. "Relax" he said, he could feel her heart pounding. "You're going to give yourself a heart attack Cassie" He said rubbing her belly.

She was going to cry, she was going to cry really soon. If only she could go back in time and stop herself from making the biggest mistake of her life. One night with consequences, she hadn't even seen the test yet but her guts told her it would be positive.

"It's ten minutes, you want to come with?" Tobi asked. "No, go check it yourself. Tell me what it says" Cassie whispered. She didn't have the strength to get up to go check it herself.

Tobi pulled away from her and went to go check the test. Cassie waited, her heart almost in her throat. He came out grinning and that told her exactly what the result was.
"Pink stripes" he announced. Her heart beat increased, she couldn't breathe. She tried to sit up but failed. "Cassie, Cassie, breathe. You're having a panic attack, breathe" Tobi pulled her up gently to sit up and rubbed her back.

"You're fine, we're fine. We're going to be fine, it's okay. Breathe for me, for us, for the baby" Tobi soothed her.

The baby, her heart pounded. She was having a baby. Tobi or Dele's baby, the tears came. Loud, heartbreaking sobs that shook her body frame. Tobi was confused, what exactly was wrong with Cassie.

"Cassie stop this, talk to me. What's the problem?" he rubbed her back.

"You don't understand!" she sobbed. "Then make me understand" Tobi said gently. Cassie shook her head, she didn't want to tell him. She had to tell him, he'd find out sooner or later. Or never, if the baby turned out to be his.

"I don't know...i..." words failed her. Tobi coaxed her gently trying to get words out of her.

"I slept with Dele too" she blurted out. There, the truth was out in the open. Cassie bowed her head in shame, tears still streaming down her face.

Tobi froze and pulled away to look at her. "What?" He asked. She wouldn't say anything else, she couldn't. Tobi looked at her in shock. "My brother...?" he asked.

Maybe the blow wouldn't have hurt that much if she'd said Richard, or maybe a total stranger. "I...I'm sorry....I don't know whose baby I'm carrying. Yours or Dele's, I don't know..." Cassie said drawing tiny breaths to calm her nerves.

"It was a mistake, I was angry at you. I wanted to...i wanted to get back at you for cheating on me" Sob... " It was supposed to be one night, but he forced me the second time. And the next, he started blackmailing me. I'm sorry" she sobbed.

Tobi got out of the bed looking at her in disbelief. All she was saying was gibberish, all he could here was her saying she'd slept with his brother.

He walked out of the room, her betrayal stung deep. If Dele was still in this house, he'd be dead. As for Cassie, he didn't know what do with her. It was better for both of them if he stayed away.

6 Likes

Re: Lethal Matrimony by Giannaaaaaa: 12:59pm On May 11, 2018
DARA

"you shouldn't have told your mother" Jidenna said coldly. Dara ignored him, she looked forward to the next day.
"Dara....somethings are bound to stay within us" He said. "Did you think about that before your extended family came into our home, you disgust me" Dara said spitefully.
Jidenna dropped the discussion not wanting to offend her, he could see she was on the edge. Dara rolled her eyes and got into bed, she threw him one of the pillows and a blanket.

"What's this for?" he asked. "That should tell you where you're sleeping" she hissed. "What is it with you Dara, you think you're the only one angry? I'm mad at you too. First you out me to your friend and now your mother, now she's going to tell her whole church about our predicament!" Jidenna yelled at her.

"You want to do this now? Your brother accused me of witchcraft in front of our doctor, he's been harassing me. Your aunty, your uncles. You know the funny part of it, Emeka of all people believes me but not my husband. I'm ashamed of you!" Dara yelled.

"Emeka?" Jidenna asked. "Yes, Emeka. Your brother in law, just shut up and let me sleep." Dara hissed before switching off the light.

The next morning, they'd been on their best behavior. "No arguments you two. You will listen to whatever the pastor tells you without protests" Dara's mother said while fixing her Gele right before they left the house.

The drive from the house to the church was just one hour. Dara wondered what exactly the pastor would say, she wondered if it was one of his uncles that was responsible for what was happening. She shuddered thinking about those Africa magic movies she used to watch. Now her life was one big movie.

Jidenna on the other hand brooded silently. He thought of people he might have offended, business partners, ex girlfriends. He hadn't exactly been faithful to Dara while they were dating, she'd been keeping her virginity for marriage. After their marriage however, he'd discarded those other girls. He couldn't think of anyone who would do that, his mind strayed to one woman from his past that was still in his life.

It was years ago, back when Dara was still in the University and he was still struggling to get someone to invest in his business ideas. He'd told Dara he simply could not wait for her anymore, back then he wasn't even sure he wanted to marry Dara. She wasn't really his type, too serious about life for her own good.

Dara had stuck to her guns and told him that she wasn't going to give in. She was waiting till marriage and that was it. So naturally, he'd ended the relationship, weeks later he'd met Jenifer.

He probably would have married Jenifer, but she didn't want to get married. She said she'd seen what marriage did to people, her parents. Nothing he said could convince her to consider marriage.

Then Dara had showed up again and helped him, marrying her just felt right. He did care for her and love her in his own way. He and Jenifer had remained Platonic friends even after his marriage, they were still friends. Jenifer couldn't do that, he trusted her.

"We're here" Dara's mother announced. Dara sighed and got out of the car with her mother, Jidenna sent a quick text to Emeka before getting out of car.

Pastor Lawal had counselled them before their marriage and was quite appalled to hear the story. "I'm surprised your even consider such fetish belief Jidenna, and You Dara why didn't you contact me earlier?" he shook his head.

Dara sighed, he was right. God always had the answer to everything, she didn't even go to church these days.

"Anyway, it's never too late. Call your mother, we'll all pray to God. Whatever the problem is, God will reveal to us" Pastor Lawal smiled.

Truth was, he'd seen the problem before they'd stepped into the room. When Dara's mother called him last night, he'd prayed with her over the issue.

God had revealed the problem to him in a dream last night, he could easily tell them what the problem was right now but he could see Jidenna's lack of faith and knew he wouldn't believe it.

'Please God, show this young man yourself and lead him to the right path' Pastor sent a silent prayer to God right before Dara's mother joined them.

8 Likes

Re: Lethal Matrimony by Nobody: 1:12pm On May 11, 2018
Thanks for the update Giannaaaaaa. I pray Tobi forgives Cassie. Dele should be given to ritual men to do their work.

3 Likes

Re: Lethal Matrimony by Ann2012(f): 1:13pm On May 11, 2018
Thanks for d updates ma'am
Re: Lethal Matrimony by Giannaaaaaa: 1:44pm On May 11, 2018
DARA

Dara's mother shocked her head in disbelief , while Dara just looked dumb struck. Pastor Lawal didn't have to tell them anything, Jidenna had told them exactly what he'd seen minutes ago.

It was trance like, it felt like he was dreaming but at the same time it felt real. Like he was there with Ada and the spiritualist. A spiritualist had destroyed his home, and he'd been foolish enough to turn to another one for help. How ignorant he was, the spiritualist had told him Dara was the problem. That he would need to bring his wife to the village and make certain sacrifices, he was going to do it.

Thank God, he'd come to Ibadan. He might have just worsened the entire situation.

"You know I did have a dream that something bad was going to happen to my child. I prayed about it, I'm sure that's why Dara was safe from whatever your sister had conjured for her. Imagine of she'd taken the car?" Dara's mother thought aloud.
"I can't believe Ada hated me that much, she'd put the entire family's life in danger. I'm confused though, why was Oluchi affected?" Dara asked Pastor Lawal.

"It affected Oluchi because she's the daughter of your mother in law. If Jidenna was not a man, he'd be sick too. This is the work of the devil, he tried to destroy your home. It's what he does, now we wouldn't want to give him that satisfaction" Pastor lawal shook his head.

Dara wondered if Jidenna would have indeed abandoned her had she been ill. She shook her head not knowing whether to cry or laugh, vindicated at last.

"Where are is mother now?" Pastor Lawal asked.

"She's in Lagos, at my house" Jidenna replied. He was bitter, how could Adanna do that?

"Would it be okay if we went to Lagos now?" Pastor Lawal asked.

"Yes pastor, we could go now. In a couple of hours we should be in Lagos" Dara said.

"Alright, let's say another prayer" Pastor Lawal said.

"Everything will be fine" Dara turned to Jidenna who still looked pained. He would have taken the news well, if it had been a stranger or maybe her.

It hurt her that he cared about his family than he cared for her but that was the least of their problems now. The important thing was to make sure his mother and sisters for well.

"Will it, am I supposed to just forget about this and forgive Ada as if nothing happened?" Jidenna asked.

"Yes, forgiveness is important. You have to forgive your sister, I know you're angry and bitter but you must forgive her. Nobody is perfect, we all have our short comings but God forgives us. And he expects us to do the same when Someone hurts us, or offends us" Pastor Lawal said.

Jidenna looked at Dara and wondered if she'd forgive him, or if she'd forget too.

"This goes for you too Oluwadarasimi, I know you're angry, your husband hurt you. Your sister in law tried to harm you but you also have to forgive. When we fail to forgive, we carry a burden with us forward" Pastor Lawal turned to Dara.

Dara looked away, forgive and forget. That sounded too foreign right now. Could she ever forget this even if she did forgive her husband?

Obinna was the one who had answered the door. If he was surprised when he saw Dara and her mother and the stranger, he didn't show it.

"You didn't tell me you were coming home today. Mazi just left to go and buy most of the things that was requested" Obinna said once they'd settled down.

"Call him and tell him, there's no need for that" Jidenna frowned.

"What do you mean, I assume you brought her here so we could go to the village tomorrow" Obinna said. He eyed his soon to be ex sister in law.

"No one is going to the village Obinna, where is aunty Chinyere?" he asked.

"What do you mean no one is going to the village, do you want mama to die?" Obinna asked alarmed.

"No one is dying" Jidenna said and turned to Pastor Lawal. "Pastor, what needs to be done?" he asked.

Obinna's eyes widened, so he had gone to Ibadan to bring a pastor. Once again his devilish sister in law had fooled his brother.

"Pastor? Wait a minute. How are sure he's genuine, what if this witch had paid him to come and deceive us?" Obinna asked furiously.

"Shut up Obinna, Dara isn't responsible for anything. If anyone's a witch it's Adanna, she's responsible for this" Jidenna said.

"Nonsense, you've been charmed" Aunt chinyere came into the living room.

"No you two listen to me, my patience is running thin. Obinna call Emeka and get him to come here, aunt chinyere if you won't participate in the prayers then leave now" Jidenna said with a note of finality.

The two looked at him as if he was running mad but they didn't protest. They simply glared at the trio behind him convinced Dara was manipulating Jidenna again.

Pastor Lawal turned to Aunt Chinyere. "You won't join in the prayer till you've gotten that fetish thing off you. We'll all ask for forgiveness from God before beginning the deliverance" He said.

Aunt Chinyere gasped "It's protection from this woman" She protested. Dara looked at her in disbelief, so this woman was convinced she was a witch.

"Take it off aunty please, let's do what we have to do. Obinna don't make me remind you to call Emeka again" Jidenna said.

Obinna nodded and dipped his hand in his pocket to bring out his phone while aunt Chinyere removed the bead around her waist.

Dara's mother's eyes widened, what kind of family was her poor daughter married into for God's sake?
She couldn't wait for the drama to end.

To be continued..........

7 Likes

Re: Lethal Matrimony by Nobody: 1:51pm On May 11, 2018
Thank God for Dara.
Thanks for the multiple updates Giannaaaaaa, well done.

1 Like

Re: Lethal Matrimony by imranMotunrayo(f): 2:06pm On May 11, 2018
Kudos to you,weldone,waiting for the update
Re: Lethal Matrimony by skubido(m): 2:11pm On May 11, 2018
Tanks For d update. Jah bless

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

The Devil In The Suit / Who Knows The Story Of Medusa? (picture) / Love Story Of A Unilag Babe And Bus Conductor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.