Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,638 members, 7,809,396 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:52 AM

Tattoos, Sex: Pope Francis’ Message To Youths Proves He Is The Coolest Pontiff - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tattoos, Sex: Pope Francis’ Message To Youths Proves He Is The Coolest Pontiff (13713 Views)

What I Think About Tattoos – Apostle Suleman / Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married / Pope Francis Kisses And Blesses Nigerian Boy Who Went Missing In Rome. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tattoos, Sex: Pope Francis’ Message To Youths Proves He Is The Coolest Pontiff by drealzum(m): 6:51am On Mar 21, 2018
I agree with the pope.
I don't have or like tattoos.
But the excess of it maybe what is bad.
Think about this, why are we against Tattoos?
Because the Bible is against cutting and making marks on our body which tattoo is. Then how about our tribal marks? Are we sinners because we have tribal marks? Nope! it is identification! So I agree With the pope. Excess of it is bad.

2 Likes

Re: Tattoos, Sex: Pope Francis’ Message To Youths Proves He Is The Coolest Pontiff by elgramz: 6:51am On Mar 21, 2018
philipstanley:

Watch your tongue!
Watch your mind!

1 Like

Re: Tattoos, Sex: Pope Francis’ Message To Youths Proves He Is The Coolest Pontiff by didijay(m): 6:52am On Mar 21, 2018
elgramz:
This pope Francis is a clown. His logic is that the prostitute has no sin but the person that patronizes her is a sinner and a criminal? This pope is a disgrace to Christianity. I have totally lost faith in him. If the fool has his way, homosexuality, abortion, divorce and all manner of evils will become accepted in the church. That's why the clown of a pope finds it easier to support the antichristian liberal political parties all over the western world instead of the Pro christianity conservative parties. This pope is an Antichrist and I support all those resisting and fighting against this agent of Satan in the church
you've just proven to me ones more that READING & COMPREHENSION could be very tasking for some people

4 Likes

Re: Tattoos, Sex: Pope Francis’ Message To Youths Proves He Is The Coolest Pontiff by elgramz: 6:56am On Mar 21, 2018
didijay:
you've just proven to me ones more that READING & COMPREHENSION could be very tasking for some people
Whatever rocks your boat man, enjoy!!

1 Like

Re: Tattoos, Sex: Pope Francis’ Message To Youths Proves He Is The Coolest Pontiff by yungpowers(m): 6:58am On Mar 21, 2018
Prec1ous:
The papacy
You must be an Adventist?
Re: Tattoos, Sex: Pope Francis’ Message To Youths Proves He Is The Coolest Pontiff by Funnyguy83: 7:00am On Mar 21, 2018
Let the war begin.
Re: Tattoos, Sex: Pope Francis’ Message To Youths Proves He Is The Coolest Pontiff by sanpipita(m): 7:04am On Mar 21, 2018
JoanHicks:
Tattoo is sign of belonging! Belong to where please? Satanism, cultism, or belonging to Christ definitely not!

Tattoo is a deep rooted culture for some people, they use it as remembrance or in memory of something important, not everything is about Satan or Jesus

2 Likes

Re: Tattoos, Sex: Pope Francis’ Message To Youths Proves He Is The Coolest Pontiff by Nobody: 7:06am On Mar 21, 2018
philipstanley:

Watch your tongue!

i am a christian and i must say the pope sounds like an antichrist...the biggest cult in the world is the catholic church.. there is no tongue to watch here. if anything anyone is saying... when it goes against the doctrine of the bible then its highly sinful even if its adeboye, oyedepo or whoever it may be... pope inclusive!

5 Likes

Re: Tattoos, Sex: Pope Francis’ Message To Youths Proves He Is The Coolest Pontiff by fhorlar(f): 7:10am On Mar 21, 2018
Y is this pope beating around the Bush ? He did not even ansa one kweshion directly ��

2 Likes

Re: Tattoos, Sex: Pope Francis’ Message To Youths Proves He Is The Coolest Pontiff by royalamour(m): 7:12am On Mar 21, 2018
philipstanley:

Watch your tongue!

But that's the truth.
Re: Tattoos, Sex: Pope Francis’ Message To Youths Proves He Is The Coolest Pontiff by Chisomoney(m): 7:12am On Mar 21, 2018
elgramz:
This pope Francis is a clown. His logic is that the prostitute has no sin but the person that patronizes her is a sinner and a criminal? This pope is a disgrace to Christianity. I have totally lost faith in him. If the fool has his way, homosexuality, abortion, divorce and all manner of evils will become accepted in the church. That's why the clown of a pope finds it easier to support the antichristian liberal political parties all over the western world instead of the Pro christianity conservative parties. This pope is an Antichrist and I support all those resisting and fighting against this agent of Satan in the church

May God forgive u.

1 Like

Re: Tattoos, Sex: Pope Francis’ Message To Youths Proves He Is The Coolest Pontiff by MYHUBBY: 7:13am On Mar 21, 2018
because one pope sit down for Rome, appraising tattoo doesn't mean we should exploit the ideas my people

where was the pope when Anglican in england legalised homosexuality?

Christianity is a personal race, no pastor, bishop or priest can tell me what to do, if all his teaches is out of bible then they should forget it

2 Likes

Re: Tattoos, Sex: Pope Francis’ Message To Youths Proves He Is The Coolest Pontiff by sandland: 7:14am On Mar 21, 2018
elgramz:
This pope Francis is a clown. His logic is that the prostitute has no sin but the person that patronizes her is a sinner and a criminal? This pope is a disgrace to Christianity. I have totally lost faith in him. If the fool has his way, homosexuality, abortion, divorce and all manner of evils will become accepted in the church. That's why the clown of a pope finds it easier to support the antichristian liberal political parties all over the western world instead of the Pro christianity conservative

parties. This pope is an Antichrist and I support all those resisting and fighting against this agent of Satan in the church

The words you used for head of a church is so wrong that its clear you are not a christian in anyway.

1 Like

Re: Tattoos, Sex: Pope Francis’ Message To Youths Proves He Is The Coolest Pontiff by Adamummya(f): 7:16am On Mar 21, 2018
everlymoore86:
Please believers , don't give yourself headache, the last time I checked my bible, it says 'looking unto Jesus , the author and finisher of our faith' .

oh my .........so u sabi bible like this

1 Like

Re: Tattoos, Sex: Pope Francis’ Message To Youths Proves He Is The Coolest Pontiff by sanpipita(m): 7:21am On Mar 21, 2018
elgramz:

Is the reformation in line with the teaching of Christ himself? If the pope comes out tomorrow to support incest or drug abuse will you call it the church reforming herself? I am not against reformation, what I am against is introducing things that are clearly against Christ's teachings, that would make him an Antichrist!!!!

You might have understood things better if you were a Pope, take for example the Catholic church population in Brazil is said to be decreasing with reason like people looking for churches that fits into their liberal lifestyle, now if Catholic church doesn't reform they might lose lots of members and end up in a minority, i believe you have seen how new generation churches easily gather congregation cos they have evolved, always important to evolve especially to stay relevant
Re: Tattoos, Sex: Pope Francis’ Message To Youths Proves He Is The Coolest Pontiff by elgramz: 7:24am On Mar 21, 2018
Damsonkc:
the idea is that men pay the women to have sex with them. If the man does not patronize a prostitute, how is she then a prostitute? Left to you the pope should be conservative and suppress women’s rights? He should suppress the rights of LGBT people? He should support racist and white supremacist parties to prove that he is a defender of the faith? What exactly does Christianity mean to you? Isn’t it love irrespective of our differences? You fail to understand the message and you are quick to jump into conspiracy theories and what not and yet you might be one of the people who bash Muslims for their parochial stand. The world changes and you expect the same strict codes of the 15th century to govern today without paying attention to the metamorphosis of cultures. You are a terrorist, my friend. We have modern problems we didn’t have before and the church has to evolve daily.
1. What you wrote there is just like the analogy of the egg and chicken which comes first? If you look at it conversely, if the prostitute didn't advertise herself as such, the clients wouldn't come to her in the first instance talk more of paying her for her services.

2. Conservatism doesn't equate to suppression of women rights. I don't know where you saw in my entire write up that I support suppression of women's rights. Same goes for your wild and irrational claim on white supremacy. How on earth does being conservative equate to being a white supremacists. Are the black members of such conservative parties also white supremacists?

3. I am not asking the pope to suppress the rights of LGBT, indeed the pope has no power to suppress their rights. My stand in that is that we are in a secular world and everyone has a right to be whatever they want to be but that doesn't give you the right to impose your views on others. The bible clearly defines LGBT practices as sins and abominations that shouldn't be accepted in the body of Christ. If you want to be LGBT be free to be one but definitely not in the Catholic church!!!! There are many churches like the church of Scientology, church of Satan e.t.c whose beliefs do not conform with that of the Catholic church. They Catholic church doesn't impose on them, they conduct their own worship exclusive of the Catholic church and none is infringing on the other's right to freedom of worship. There are many pro LGBT churches around where LGBT are free to go and worship or they can even start a new church if they so wish but the article of faith of the Catholic church does not condone it so if you must be a member, you have to abide by the rules of the church otherwise, you're free to go.

4. I AM NOT A TERRORIST!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Tattoos, Sex: Pope Francis’ Message To Youths Proves He Is The Coolest Pontiff by elgramz: 7:28am On Mar 21, 2018
sanpipita:

You might have understood things better if you were a Pope, take for example the Catholic church population in Brazil is said to be decreasing with reason like people looking for churches that fits into their liberal lifestyle, now if Catholic church doesn't reform they might lose lots of members and end up in a minority, i believe you have seen how new generation churches easily gather congregation cos they have evolved, always important to evolve especially to stay relevant
So the church should keep compromising just so it can have more members? This is a warped logic. The bible clearly said that this will happen in the last days. People having itching ears and going after teachers who with only tell them what they want to hear and abandoning the truth so it shouldn't surprise any one that it is happening now. The pope of all people should know this. Let those that will go go and let the true sheep remain.

5 Likes

Re: Tattoos, Sex: Pope Francis’ Message To Youths Proves He Is The Coolest Pontiff by sanpipita(m): 7:31am On Mar 21, 2018
elgramz:

So the church should keep compromising just so it can have more members? This is a warped logic. The bible clearly said that this will happen in the last days. People having itching ears and going after teachers who with only tell them what they want to hear and abandoning the truth so it shouldn't surprise any one that it is happening now. The pope of all people should know this. Let those that will go go and let the true sheep remain.

You will be surprised the church has always been like this, it has constantly reformed itself, example is the council of nicea meeting
Re: Tattoos, Sex: Pope Francis’ Message To Youths Proves He Is The Coolest Pontiff by elgramz: 7:33am On Mar 21, 2018
sandland:

The words you used for head of a church is so wrong that its clear you are not a christian in anyway.
I hope you know Jesus called the leaders of the synagogues in his own days a generation of vipers? If the pope decides to use his position as the head of the church to lead the people astray rather than upholding the faith he was elected to defend then he should be called out for what he is, Apostle Peter who was the first pope was rebuked by apostle Paul when he erred, why should we then fold our arms and allow this pope deceive billions of Catholics into believing a lie. I am a Christian and that's why I am talking against this otherwise I wouldn't have bothered myself about it at all

5 Likes

Re: Tattoos, Sex: Pope Francis’ Message To Youths Proves He Is The Coolest Pontiff by elgramz: 7:41am On Mar 21, 2018
sanpipita:

You will be surprised the church has always been like this, it has constantly reformed itself, example is the council of nicea meeting
I am not surprised about that. I can assure you that I am a student of church history and I know that fact very well but the question is, Is the reformation in line with the teaching of Christ himself? If the pope comes out tomorrow to support incest or drug abuse will you call it the church reforming herself? I am not against reformation, what I am against is introducing things that are clearly against Christ's teachings, that would make him an Antichrist!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Tattoos, Sex: Pope Francis’ Message To Youths Proves He Is The Coolest Pontiff by elgramz: 7:49am On Mar 21, 2018
Chisomoney:

May God forgive u.
For what? Calling out a pope who is turning out to be a wolf in sheep clothing?

2 Likes

Re: Tattoos, Sex: Pope Francis’ Message To Youths Proves He Is The Coolest Pontiff by sanpipita(m): 7:55am On Mar 21, 2018
elgramz:

I am not surprised about that. I can assure you that I am a student of church history and I know that fact very well but the question is, Is the reformation in line with the teaching of Christ himself? If the pope comes out tomorrow to support incest or drug abuse will you call it the church reforming herself? I am not against reformation, what I am against is introducing things that are clearly against Christ's teachings, that would make him an Antichrist!!!!

What is anti Christ about what he said? seems you are too quick to condemn people, even Jesus didn't condemn an adulterer, and personally I think some of Pope's opinion are of his personal thoughts, he might be right or wrong but again he is human and not infallible, every pope comes with his own thoughts and ideas, now imagine in next 60 years or so a millienial kid becomes pope don't you think his mindset will be different hence he will enforce certain changes
Re: Tattoos, Sex: Pope Francis’ Message To Youths Proves He Is The Coolest Pontiff by Kotodoctor: 8:03am On Mar 21, 2018
JoanHicks:
Tattoo is sign of belonging! Belong to where please? Satanism, cultism, or belonging to Christ definitely not!

Whatever your heart choose
Just be honest with it.
Re: Tattoos, Sex: Pope Francis’ Message To Youths Proves He Is The Coolest Pontiff by elgramz: 8:03am On Mar 21, 2018
sanpipita:

What is anti Christ about what he said? seems you are too quick to condemn people, even Jesus didn't condemn an adulterer, and personally I think some of Pope's opinion are of his personal thoughts, he might be right or wrong but again he is human and not infallible, every pope comes with his own thoughts and ideas, now imagine in next 60 years or so a millienial kid becomes pope don't you think his mindset will be different hence he will enforce certain changes
You think I am basing my opinion on just what he said in this post? You need to follow the trends with this pope since he came on board. The guy has shown that he is more bothered about sounding politically correct than defending the word of God. Jesus didn't condemn the adulterer but what did he tell her? "Go and sin no more" that is a recognition that what she did was a sin and she shouldn't do it anymore. What the pope is saying in essence is people are free to continue in sin. He is telling them that what they are doing is not wrong.

4 Likes

Re: Tattoos, Sex: Pope Francis’ Message To Youths Proves He Is The Coolest Pontiff by tomtos88(m): 8:07am On Mar 21, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
Control yourself the church has always gone through reformation from one time in history to another.

They must be reading another bible with the different transformations
Re: Tattoos, Sex: Pope Francis’ Message To Youths Proves He Is The Coolest Pontiff by Timoleon(m): 8:12am On Mar 21, 2018
elgramz:

You think I am basing my opinion on just what he said in this post? You need to follow the trends with this pope since he came on board. The guy has shown that he is more bothered about sounding politically correct than defending the word of God. Jesus didn't condemn the adulterer but what did he tell her? "Go and sin no more" that is a recognition that what she did was a sin and she shouldn't do it anymore. What the pope is saying in essence is people are free to continue in sin. He is telling them that what they are doing is not wrong.

is it possible for something to be criminal yet not a sin?

1 Like

Re: Tattoos, Sex: Pope Francis’ Message To Youths Proves He Is The Coolest Pontiff by sanpipita(m): 8:19am On Mar 21, 2018
elgramz:

He wasnt asked if prostitution was a sin, he was rather asked if the church that seems to protect men more can be truthful about the high demands these men make which aids prostitution, Im not even a catholic but i think his answer was fair, he also added prostitution being a big problem and young people should help battle it

2 Likes

Re: Tattoos, Sex: Pope Francis’ Message To Youths Proves He Is The Coolest Pontiff by BluntTheApostle(m): 8:29am On Mar 21, 2018
I love the man but I hate his position as king of the idolaters.
Re: Tattoos, Sex: Pope Francis’ Message To Youths Proves He Is The Coolest Pontiff by EmmyDJourno: 9:06am On Mar 21, 2018
JoanHicks:

He asked that the issues surrounding Tattoos be tackle from what drives the need for the person to get it, which he points out as the need to feel among, #tobelong

If the Priests can advise youths to desist from the urge to belong #peerpressure,
then they can tackle the issue of Tattoos

1 Like

Re: Tattoos, Sex: Pope Francis’ Message To Youths Proves He Is The Coolest Pontiff by Pataricatering(f): 9:18am On Mar 21, 2018
JoanHicks:
you know tattoos actually are cultural ! That is why he said they are about belonging . A lot of cultures have tattoos, body piercing , marks etc used as identification or to show royalty etc

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FourSquare Gospel Church Building Collapses At Ojodu-Berger / Easter: Catholic Diocese Clears Fines Of 25 Prison Inmates. / My Favorite Line From The Bible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.