Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:57 AM

My Husband Puts His Family’s Interest Over Mine - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband Puts His Family’s Interest Over Mine (6191 Views)

Man Puts Self For Sale After Hospital Detained Wife, Babies Over N4.5m Unpaid Bi / Kenyan Puts Up His Kidney For Sale To Raise Money For His Brother’s School Fees / Edo Man Finds Out His Family Didn’t Build Any House After 13 Years In Europe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Husband Puts His Family’s Interest Over Mine by mikolo80: 5:27am On Mar 27, 2018
chei e pain u gan
not everyone make foolish choice of spouse like you
most but not every
Seahawk:

You sound painfully childish.

Wait 15 years. Get married and then come back to tell me all about it. I’ll be here.
Re: My Husband Puts His Family’s Interest Over Mine by oweniwe(m): 7:53am On Mar 27, 2018
Noloss:

1. During the pregnancy of our first child 2-3 people do come at a goal to stay for close to a month. I accomodated them, fed them single handedly did virtually all the house chores cos i was agile but our first child was born through CS.

There was enough food at home but I don't even come out of my room until maybe 10am(for a month). If u cannot cook, u will not eat ni ooo. When I was hungry and they don't cook I simply go out and get something for my self. I have beverages at my bedside with hot water. May be they felt slighted(they didn't say it cos we never fought) but when we had the second child they didnt come(who cares)

2. Hubby lost job(couldnt meet their demands anylonger).

May u receive wisdom from above to handle this situation.

Your in-laws are nice.

If you told your in-law to do the cooking, they'll have cooked for you, but you didn't tell them or give any instruction.... Do you expect them to read your mind that you're hungry? It's your house and your territory.. if they just enter your kitchen to cook without your consent or directive on what to cook, won't you get angry?

Do you know how another woman will react if her in-law enter her kitchen to stay cooking or serve him/herself?

Some women will raise serious hell and embarrass you if you try that in their kitchen.

Everyone have their story. The fact that they had to stay with you and your husband is not their choice, but circumstances brought it on them... And you don't know tomorrow.... Do you know if your children may have to stay with them later in life?

The in-laws that stayed with you are actually good. If they cook and gas finish, who knows if they will get blame for finishing the gas? When you're in another person's place, you watch your boundary.

I'll rather starve and sleep on empty belle than go to an in-law's wife kitchen to cook or serve myself food.... Some women can go as far as snatching the food from you, out it back into the pot and lock the kitchen door. Who wants to be disgraced cos of a plate of food?

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Puts His Family’s Interest Over Mine by ImaIma1(f): 1:33pm On Mar 27, 2018
oweniwe:

Your in-laws are nice.

If you told your in-law to do the cooking, they'll have cooked for you, but you didn't tell them or give any instruction.... Do you expect them to read your mind that you're hungry? It's your house and your territory.. if they just enter your kitchen to cook without your consent or directive on what to cook, won't you get angry?

Do you know how another woman will react if her in-law enter her kitchen to stay cooking or serve him/herself?

Some women will raise serious hell and embarrass you if you try that in their kitchen.

Everyone have their story. The fact that they had to stay with you and your husband is not their choice, but circumstances brought it on them... And you don't know tomorrow.... Do you know if your children may have to stay with them later in life?

The in-laws that stayed with you are actually good. If they cook and gas finish, who knows if they will get blame for finishing the gas? When you're in another person's place, you watch your boundary.

I'll rather starve and sleep on empty belle than go to an in-law's wife kitchen to cook or serve myself food.... Some women can go as far as snatching the food from you, out it back into the pot and lock the kitchen door. Who wants to be disgraced cos of a plate of food?

What of the ones that you give permission to cook and to all the food stuffs and food in the refrigerator and they still wait for you?

So if you go to see your inlaws's wife that just put to bed, would you expect her to enter the kitchen for you every time u wanna eat?

5 Likes

Re: My Husband Puts His Family’s Interest Over Mine by oweniwe(m): 4:27pm On Mar 27, 2018
ImaIma1:

1. What of the ones thay you give permission to cook and to all the food stuffs and food in the refrigerator and they still wait for you?

2. So if you go to see your inlaws's wife that just put to bed, would you expect her to enter the kitchen for you every time u wanna eat?

1. I don't know about that one.... Maybe the said inlaw doesn't know how to cook or use your kitchen utensils. I can only speak for myself. A few yrs back when i got work at 042, Aunty refilled her gas cylinder one day. The next day i was rushing to work, i went to the kitchen to prepare noodles.. went to work..... When i came back from work, aunty said i didn't turn off the cooker properly so all the gas finished and she had to refill again...

Since that time till i moved, i don't touch her cooker again.

2. It's mannerless to enter anybody's kitchen and start cooking with permission or directive on what to cook.... As far as the owner of the kitchen can talk, the owner has to give permission first. Except if she's not around for long.

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Puts His Family’s Interest Over Mine by Noloss(f): 5:19pm On Mar 27, 2018
quote author=oweniwe post=66190732]

Your in-laws are nice.

I'll rather starve and sleep on empty belle than go to an in-law's wife kitchen to cook or serve myself food.... Some women can go as far as snatching the food from you, out it back into the pot and lock the kitchen door. Who wants to be disgraced cos of a plate of food?[/quote]
Well, I may not be able to go into much details. Courtesy demands that as a guest that wants to stay for two to three weeks u shd be able to offer(unless she decline) to give a helping hand to a pregnant host even if to do the dishes, cut vegetable, tidy up the dining after meal etc even my Hubby's younger siblings (female)won't do any cos they believe that I am their wife I shd serve them. but I don't have problem with it since I was healthy then. After delivery with c-section it was practically not possible and it didn't go down well with them and I don't give a damn either, hence the reason for their not coming the second time.
Re: My Husband Puts His Family’s Interest Over Mine by Noloss(f): 5:27pm On Mar 27, 2018
oweniwe:

Your in-laws are nice.

Don't u know that it is better for them to offer to help you than for u to start sending them they tagged it disrespectful.
Re: My Husband Puts His Family’s Interest Over Mine by Shugarlord213: 10:29pm On Mar 27, 2018
NewMe135:

That is humility my dear!!! No one is perfect.
Try to be positive with your speech. It’s people like you that woukd write a paper, make blunders and boast to your friends that you have done so well.
LEARN THE ART OF HUMILITY.

You only want to reap where your poor husband has struggled. How much you put for the imaginary house sef??

Women always want to push the hubby family away imagine. Mtcheeew... believe a woman at your own peril most especially leeches

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Puts His Family’s Interest Over Mine by NewMe135: 4:51am On Mar 28, 2018
mikolo80:
she will go back to her fathers house that day

You see how stupid you are? I pity this partial idiot

1 Like

Re: My Husband Puts His Family’s Interest Over Mine by NewMe135: 4:59am On Mar 28, 2018
mikolo80:
define healthy distance so? so now you own him cos you gave all your income you think you've done anything special you try to make everyone happy
you make no one happy you are weak so? buy your own na you want your kids to grow up indisciplined abi cos you de yankee first mistake de fool ursef
it will break you knew all this yet posted on public forum
you're not very bright ppl have faced worse and don't beach and moan like you hey dumdum
you were not married out
you chose to marry a guy whose priority you are not

You sure do sound like an hypocrite. You can tell these rubbish to your sisters or your daughters if you are ever privileged to have one.
And may you marry a woman that will put her family’s interest before yours.
Re: My Husband Puts His Family’s Interest Over Mine by NewMe135: 5:02am On Mar 28, 2018
Shugarlord213:

You only want to reap where your poor husband has struggled. How much you put for the imaginary house sef??

Women always want to push the hubby family away imagine. Mtcheeew... believe a woman at your own peril most especially leeches
You must be very stupid to think the way you are thinking right now. I know you are a man, and it is men like you that think women are slaves. You dive rock the day you meet an educated woman.
And if you are a woman, may you suffer meet a man and his family that will use you like a slave.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Puts His Family’s Interest Over Mine by mikolo80: 9:41pm On Mar 28, 2018
NewMe135:

You sure do sound like an hypocrite.
how

You can tell these rubbish to your sisters or your daughters if you are ever privileged to have one.
i warn them everyday

And may you marry a woman that will put her family’s interest before yours.
i am not foolish like you

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Puts His Family’s Interest Over Mine by mikolo80: 9:42pm On Mar 28, 2018
NewMe135:

You see how stupid you are? I pity this partial idiot
pity your father that did not bring you up well

1 Like

Re: My Husband Puts His Family’s Interest Over Mine by Manutd19: 7:19am On Mar 30, 2018
Farmerforlife:
Madame, I will inform you of the stark reality of your situation...stop basing your values on hysterical telenovelas.

Where were you when they were spending sleepless nights taking care of your husband for the first 3 decades of his life, making him into what he is today? Now you want to come out of nowhere into the picture and take him away from doing his duty to them. If my wife made a similar statement, that would be the beginning of the end of our marriage. When you marry a man, you marry his family, it is not an either... or... deal. If you are so fragile that the presence of his family affects your health, go stay in a hotel. They want to exercise their right upon their child and grandchildren.

No offense intended.

If you are a man, then you should just remain single for now till you are matured. This post of yours shows immaturity.

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Puts His Family’s Interest Over Mine by Cadillac15(m): 5:23pm On Apr 01, 2018
eezeribe:

Maybe you should threaten to move out if they come... Then see if he could change his mind...
The summary of everything is that marriages suck...

Never put a man in a situation where he has to choose between you and his parents or siblings. NEVER!

No matter how much he hates his family, YOU WIĹL DEFINITELY LOSE angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

She Is Not Your Slave!!! / Kofo Abayomi: A Nigerian Who Changed His Name Just To Marry A Widow In 1930 /

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.