Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,714 members, 7,816,945 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:47 PM

Her Car Got Completely Burnt Overnight, What Could Be The Reason? (photos) - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Her Car Got Completely Burnt Overnight, What Could Be The Reason? (photos) (5780 Views)

Lady Stops Her Car To Chase Stubborn Windscreen Cleaner Away In Lagos / Tisha UnArmed Shelton Drives Her Car (Photos, Video) / Oyinbo Woman Finds Massive Python In Her Car Garage(graphic Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Her Car Got Completely Burnt Overnight, What Could Be The Reason? (photos) by Nobody: 8:15am On Mar 23, 2018
Car talk expects I need your opinions on this matter. I saw this post on a page and decided to post here. The lady drove her car on Friday night and woke up to a completely burnt car on Saturday morning. What could have happened

Re: Her Car Got Completely Burnt Overnight, What Could Be The Reason? (photos) by debanj326: 8:48am On Mar 23, 2018
Hmm Mountain of Fire

25 Likes

Re: Her Car Got Completely Burnt Overnight, What Could Be The Reason? (photos) by snipesdam(m): 8:52am On Mar 23, 2018
Die by Fire! angry

4 Likes

Re: Her Car Got Completely Burnt Overnight, What Could Be The Reason? (photos) by SpaceAngel: 9:10am On Mar 23, 2018
Must be some electrical issues. Bridging of some wires.

6 Likes

Re: Her Car Got Completely Burnt Overnight, What Could Be The Reason? (photos) by mayor2013: 11:16am On Mar 23, 2018
This is a reason why cars must be taken to competent hands. A whole lot could have gone wrong. From electrical looping of wires, fuel leakages across fuel lines and many more. In this case I would go with electrical looping of wires from Kano to Lagos. Cars are no longer experimental devices

6 Likes

Re: Her Car Got Completely Burnt Overnight, What Could Be The Reason? (photos) by thebigkendo(m): 11:34am On Mar 23, 2018
yettymuse:
Car talk expects I need your opinions on this matter. I saw this post on a page and decided to post here. The lady drove her car on Friday night and woke up to a completely burnt car on Saturday morning. What could have happened

My bet is "Kazeem" happened. Ask her what previous rewire work was done on the car.

4 Likes

Re: Her Car Got Completely Burnt Overnight, What Could Be The Reason? (photos) by OCTAVO: 2:01pm On Mar 23, 2018
Hmmm
Re: Her Car Got Completely Burnt Overnight, What Could Be The Reason? (photos) by Emmyk(m): 5:18pm On Mar 23, 2018
shocked

1 Like

Re: Her Car Got Completely Burnt Overnight, What Could Be The Reason? (photos) by idu1(m): 7:12pm On Mar 23, 2018
Wtf!!!

1 Like

Re: Her Car Got Completely Burnt Overnight, What Could Be The Reason? (photos) by gonkin(m): 11:02pm On Mar 23, 2018
Na die by fire, the vehicle must have been the demon in her life

3 Likes

Re: Her Car Got Completely Burnt Overnight, What Could Be The Reason? (photos) by UDUJ(m): 1:57am On Mar 24, 2018
#1 – Design Flaws

Believe it or not, an inherent flaw in the design of your car can amplify the risk of fires. If you have not noticed, then there car recalls every now and then due to a possible fire hazard. The most recent one that I can think of now is Maserati recalling 50000 luxury vehicles after discovering that merely adjusting the front seat posed a serious risk of developing electrical shorts. How about that? In another recall, Polaris recalled Sportsman 570 ATVs due to the risk of a fire hazard. GM recently recalled 50000 Chevrolet Tahoes for the same reason. The point here is that you may encounter a fire before the company discovers the flaw which makes design flaws one of the possible reasons that can trigger a fire.

#2 – Lack of Maintenance

Merely glancing under the hood of your car doesn’t amount to maintenance. You need to be diligent about spotting any broken parts, frayed wires or any seals that may be leaking. A frayed wire coming into contact with any flammable liquid can trigger a fire. So where does the flammable liquid come from in the first place? How about a leaking gasket? It’s completely possible.

#3 – Collisions

As mentioned in the statistic above, collisions are one of the leading causes of a car fire. Despite the crumple zone absorbing most of the impact and protecting the fuel tank, it is very likely that a leak may have sprung and it can cause a fire because of the heat. Most of the time, after a collision, the conditions are just perfect for a fire to start. So, even if the car has not caught fire, you should immediately get out of the car and go to a safe distance.

#4 – Battery Packs

Batteries, especially the ones used in hybrid cars have always been prone to fire hazards and despite assurances from manufacturers that the most recent model has ironed out the crevices, the problems continue to occur. A recent example would be the one for Tesla S which was cited and even awarded to be the safest electrical car ever and three days later, one of the cars burst into flames.

#5 – Overheating

The very design of a car engine prevents it from exploding into flames no matter how much the temperature rises. But the engine contains other fluids too, like coolants and oil which can be a recipe for disaster when it comes into contact with the extremely hot parts of a car. Think about oil coming into contact with the exhaust system.

#6 – Electrical Faults

Boy, do I hate electrical wires. And they are ubiquitous in your car. Be it the door, the dashboard, the carpet, the channels, the seats, name it and they are there. And even one frayed wire can start to cook your car without you even knowing about it. In my car, it started from right under the dashboard. But a frayed wire is not the only way in which an electrical fire can start in your car. When your battery constantly recharges, the hydrogen which starts to accumulate in the engine bay will spark occasionally due to the current in the battery. If you have any leaking flammable fluids, that’s all that is needed to start a fire.

#7 – Fuel Leaks

Last but not the least; the most common cause of car fires is a leaking fuel system. Leaking fuel and the constantly high temperatures under the hood are not a great combination to begin with. But if your car uses gasoline, then it can get sparked even at seemingly low temperatures. What makes this such a difficult problem to detect is that fuel leaks can be caused by a combination of several factors. And at times, the system can spring a leak by itself for no reason. The only way to ensure that you do not have a leak in your fuel system is to be diligent and constantly check. One of the main indicators of a fuel leak is the smell of gasoline around your car.

8 Likes

Re: Her Car Got Completely Burnt Overnight, What Could Be The Reason? (photos) by jaychubi: 7:59am On Mar 24, 2018
This is what u get when u don't wind down to greet red cap village elders bc u get car.

Back to square one

6 Likes

Re: Her Car Got Completely Burnt Overnight, What Could Be The Reason? (photos) by Edunwa302(m): 9:12am On Mar 24, 2018
I have noticed in recent time that this 07-10 camry re prone to fire incidents

Just watch some highways if you travel alot you ll see some burnt ones by road side

1 Like

Re: Her Car Got Completely Burnt Overnight, What Could Be The Reason? (photos) by chukel(m): 2:04pm On Mar 24, 2018
Edunwa302:
I have noticed in recent time that this 07-10 camry re prone to fire incidents

Just watch some highways if you travel alot you ll see some burnt ones by road side
they are not prone to fire incidents. What u see is as a result of highly skilled mechanics in incompetence.
Back to topic. Someone must have set that car on fire. How deep was the owner's sleep that he or she or neighbors didn't notice the fire of that magnitude. Btw, his/her church people can invoke fire like tomorrow no de.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Her Car Got Completely Burnt Overnight, What Could Be The Reason? (photos) by sultaan(m): 8:13pm On Mar 24, 2018
The owner had her fuel lines worked on and she was smelling fuel leaking before the fire

3 Likes

Re: Her Car Got Completely Burnt Overnight, What Could Be The Reason? (photos) by Nobody: 10:49am On Mar 30, 2018
I just knew it must be a Toyota camry 2.6 same thing happened to my dad's car.

1 Like

Re: Her Car Got Completely Burnt Overnight, What Could Be The Reason? (photos) by elshanAutos: 12:46pm On Mar 30, 2018
debanj326:
Hmm Mountain of Fire
End of story. grin My theory-her enemy prayed and invoked fire on her vehicle. And fire came from heaven and burnt the car to ashes. That is how MFM members pray, right ?
Re: Her Car Got Completely Burnt Overnight, What Could Be The Reason? (photos) by elshanAutos: 12:47pm On Mar 30, 2018
gonkin:
Na die by fire, the vehicle must have been the demon in her life
Another angle grin in which case she must be absolutely relieved by the death of this demon.

2 Likes

Re: Her Car Got Completely Burnt Overnight, What Could Be The Reason? (photos) by YoungDaddyB: 2:49pm On Mar 30, 2018
This is the Fifth Camry I'm hearing catching fire on its own. 3 were muscle Camry and 2 big for nothing. what's up Toyota? 2.4 m gone.

2 Likes

Re: Her Car Got Completely Burnt Overnight, What Could Be The Reason? (photos) by obasi1990: 10:08pm On Mar 30, 2018
front.....ford edge

back......BMW X6

these are my tots
Re: Her Car Got Completely Burnt Overnight, What Could Be The Reason? (photos) by VolvoS60(m): 10:16am On Nov 30, 2019
jaychubi:
This is what u get when u don't wind down to greet red cap village elders bc u get car.

Back to square one

^^^
grin
Re: Her Car Got Completely Burnt Overnight, What Could Be The Reason? (photos) by ifyluxx: 12:03pm On Nov 30, 2019
hope the car is insured
Re: Her Car Got Completely Burnt Overnight, What Could Be The Reason? (photos) by okoroemeka(m): 8:55pm On Nov 30, 2019
I have seen my friend Toyota sienna catch fire while still parked, luckily we were still around and snuffed out the fire,the cause was faked gas used in the ac compressor that day,if nobody was around that car will be toasted.

4 Likes

Re: Her Car Got Completely Burnt Overnight, What Could Be The Reason? (photos) by DaBullIT(m): 5:36pm On Jan 19, 2020
hmmmmm
Re: Her Car Got Completely Burnt Overnight, What Could Be The Reason? (photos) by Jagermeister(m): 11:09am On Jul 15, 2022
elshanAutos:

Another angle grin in which case she must be absolutely relieved by the death of this demon.

Imagine how easy it is for people like you to come up with all this drivel... There's somebody feeling like absolute shit right now and you're having the time of your life making a joke out it..

You sell cars.. can you begin to imagine if this was one of your cars... You might have 70 cars in your garage and you'd still be gutted nonetheless.. then imagine if she'd saved up for months to buy this car.

Shame on y'all!
Re: Her Car Got Completely Burnt Overnight, What Could Be The Reason? (photos) by doggedfighter(f): 8:55pm On Jul 15, 2022
Jagermeister:

Imagine how easy it is for people like you to come up with all this drivel... There's somebody feeling like absolute shit right now and you're having the time of your life making a joke out it..

You sell cars.. can you begin to imagine if this was one of your cars... You might have 70 cars in your garage and you'd still be gutted nonetheless.. then imagine if she'd saved up for months to buy this car.

Shame on y'all!

What are you on about? undecided

Re: Her Car Got Completely Burnt Overnight, What Could Be The Reason? (photos) by doggedfighter(f): 8:55pm On Jul 15, 2022
Jagermeister:

Shame on y'all!

Drink water and cool down.

Re: Her Car Got Completely Burnt Overnight, What Could Be The Reason? (photos) by EngRichie: 9:14pm On Jul 15, 2022
Possibly sabotage.
Re: Her Car Got Completely Burnt Overnight, What Could Be The Reason? (photos) by Jagermeister(m): 2:43pm On Jul 16, 2022
doggedfighter:

Drink water and cool down.

You’ll live longer if you master the art of minding your damn business!

(1) (Reply)

Which Is Better, Bose Or Harman Kardon, In Overall Sound Quality? / What Car Particulars Do You Need To Drive A Car In Nigeria / What Makes ALTERNATOR Rotate!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.