Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,362 members, 7,815,777 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:08 PM

Frank Edwards: I Sold 'Okpa' For 10 Years And It Was My Daily Meal - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Frank Edwards: I Sold 'Okpa' For 10 Years And It Was My Daily Meal (36921 Views)

How I Sold My Cars, Lost My 40-Year-Old Son To Sickness — Alapini Osa / The Best Cars Frank Edwards Drives (Photos) / Hushpuppi: "I Sold Eva Water To Ice Prince" (Throwback Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Frank Edwards: I Sold 'Okpa' For 10 Years And It Was My Daily Meal by Nobody: 4:43pm On Mar 24, 2018
benzene00:
I'm already salivating over that plate of okpa

Can't wait to get back to my city so I can have a taste of our delicious native meal

If You are in Nigeria and you haven't eaten "okpa enugu state", You are missing alot

shocked
I really don't fancy it.

1 Like

Re: Frank Edwards: I Sold 'Okpa' For 10 Years And It Was My Daily Meal by Nobody: 4:44pm On Mar 24, 2018
[quote author=biacan post=66121139][/quote] look! i am serious! i am not a nigerian, my parents are Nigerians! maybe i have come across okpa without knowing. sad
Re: Frank Edwards: I Sold 'Okpa' For 10 Years And It Was My Daily Meal by Nobody: 4:48pm On Mar 24, 2018
benzene00:

Can't wait to get back to my city so I can have a taste of our delicious native meal

If You are in Nigeria and you haven't eaten "okpa enugu state", You are missing alot

shocked

Nwannem ooo. 042 represented. Nwa Coal city. Anam ekelegi.
Re: Frank Edwards: I Sold 'Okpa' For 10 Years And It Was My Daily Meal by Nobody: 4:49pm On Mar 24, 2018
benzene00:

shocked

I swear Enugu okpa is a bae. I hardly travel to pH without it
Re: Frank Edwards: I Sold 'Okpa' For 10 Years And It Was My Daily Meal by SoNature(m): 4:50pm On Mar 24, 2018
javijabor:
Everyone that has made small money is always trying to form humble beginnings.

Abeg park well. undecided

Why won't they?

Do u live on the moon?

Look at around you...about 72% of Nigerians live in abject poverty.

Mathematically, that's 129,600,000 people in a population of 180m.

Those aren't just UN figures; they are everyday people

Look around you, there's poverty everywhere

1 Like

Re: Frank Edwards: I Sold 'Okpa' For 10 Years And It Was My Daily Meal by Christafarian(m): 4:52pm On Mar 24, 2018
Shedrack777:
what da? words like these are not expected out of the mouth of a gospel musician. he be behaving like a street musician.
just motivate people and leave the past behind
And you think you've made a point.

Imagine the venom you harbour within! You surely must be one hate-filled, melancholic sadist. You obviously have no joy.

You have just this one life to live, why then live it in negativity and bile-induced mood.

No reasonable human should have faulted his testimony in whatever guise.

Isn't it obvious that his statement/testimony is a piece of inspiration in every way?

Suffice it that you have the right to criticise him, where would you stand when placed side by side with him? Who knows you? How many Pple have you inspired, blessed or given a lift in life?

You find pleasure to grab some keypad and type some shit in some miserable state without thinking of the implication. How sadistic can a person be!

Is the gibberish you typed part of the demonstration of your talent?

The man Frank Edwards has made indelible imprint on the sands of time in the history of Gospel music in Nigeria and some minions like you should think about your life before coming online to claim you have an opinion on what he says or represents.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Frank Edwards: I Sold 'Okpa' For 10 Years And It Was My Daily Meal by Nobody: 5:11pm On Mar 24, 2018
benzene00:

shocked

Which part of Enugu you be?
Re: Frank Edwards: I Sold 'Okpa' For 10 Years And It Was My Daily Meal by Ultimategeneral: 5:12pm On Mar 24, 2018
AdiscoPele:
Gowon Yakubu shared in his facebook page list of achievements by past leaders irrespective of corruption. There was corruption in Nigeria when Awolowo built Cocoa House, TV station and the first university in Africa

There was corruption in Nigeria when IBB built Third Mainland Bridge, built Aso Rock, National Assembly Complex, turned Abuja into our Federal capital territory.

http://www.newslinknaija.com/2018/03/politics-gowon-yakubu-blast-buhari-stop.html

There was corruption in Nigeria when Obasanjo brought Gsm, banking reform, police reform, civil defense, There was corruption in Nigeria when Jonathan introduced BVN and PVC, built 12 new federal universities, revamped railway lines, made Our economy fastest growing in Africa & third in the world.

http://www.newslinknaija.com/2018/03/politics-gowon-yakubu-blast-buhari-stop.html

If anyone tell you the reason Buhari is not working is because he inherited corruption, tell them great leaders don't blame people and events for their failures. They simply accept responsibility and move on. Ask them, what has Buhari done after all the fake promise of fixing power in 6wks, reducing pump price to #45 naira, making N1 equal to a $ 1, stopping Boko Haram etc. It's a shame.

The inferno truth is, corruption started from heaven when Satan violated a privilege given him. That never stop God's works.

He waited for God to create man and brought his lawlessness and corruption into the garden of eden.

God wasn't moved. He introduced a redemption plan. The Savior was born. Sadly, Judas Iscariot was there. 

Not discouraged yet, He gave us God the Holy Spirit.

If anyone tell you the reason Buhari is not working is because he inherited corruption, tell them corruption is rooted in the DNA of homo sapiens ( Latin: wise man ) because we are just mere mortal infected with a virus of good & evil.

Yet, great leaders don't blame people and events for their failures. They simply accept responsibility and move on.

#InecWillNotCountPrayerPointsButVotes. Please, strive and endeavor to collect your PVC.
nice talk from a wise man
Re: Frank Edwards: I Sold 'Okpa' For 10 Years And It Was My Daily Meal by gwama: 5:29pm On Mar 24, 2018
But if you could marry Oyakhilome's daughter, you would inherit an empire, it's better than that. cool cool
Re: Frank Edwards: I Sold 'Okpa' For 10 Years And It Was My Daily Meal by Kingdollar28(m): 5:30pm On Mar 24, 2018
Shedrack777:
what da? words like these are not expected out of the mouth of a gospel musician. he be behaving like a street musician.

You are a bagger...

Nothing can be done to please you... Bagger

1 Like

Re: Frank Edwards: I Sold 'Okpa' For 10 Years And It Was My Daily Meal by jubianose(m): 5:32pm On Mar 24, 2018
it is true. my mum used to supply his mum with the red oil for cooking of the Okpa, then in O'Connor road by St'brigids church at Asata, Enugu in Nigeria. God pls remember me as you remember Ugoo. One luv
Re: Frank Edwards: I Sold 'Okpa' For 10 Years And It Was My Daily Meal by Martin0(m): 5:32pm On Mar 24, 2018
biacan:
So you mean gypsey don't know what okpa is shocked

What an abomination in fact deport him asap undecided make him come learn things cheesy

maybe he knows o, coz i remember him telling me here he wanna eat "okpa"
Re: Frank Edwards: I Sold 'Okpa' For 10 Years And It Was My Daily Meal by barristerzinny(f): 5:40pm On Mar 24, 2018
Shedrack777:
you can motivate people by talking about your past too.
Re: Frank Edwards: I Sold 'Okpa' For 10 Years And It Was My Daily Meal by shallysgirl: 5:53pm On Mar 24, 2018
benzene00:

shocked
I prefer this plantain lleaves okpa to those nylon ones. The nylon ones are the ones you find around here.
Re: Frank Edwards: I Sold 'Okpa' For 10 Years And It Was My Daily Meal by kennycalls(m): 5:57pm On Mar 24, 2018
No cross no crown. Homie!
Re: Frank Edwards: I Sold 'Okpa' For 10 Years And It Was My Daily Meal by Baroba(m): 5:58pm On Mar 24, 2018
Okpa is made from Bambura nuts, the best are usually found at 9th Mile Corner Enugu state, very sweet highly nutritious meal..
Re: Frank Edwards: I Sold 'Okpa' For 10 Years And It Was My Daily Meal by kenoz(m): 6:28pm On Mar 24, 2018
Hustle pays
Re: Frank Edwards: I Sold 'Okpa' For 10 Years And It Was My Daily Meal by Diademk07: 6:53pm On Mar 24, 2018
One of my favourite gospel singer. Jah bless.
Re: Frank Edwards: I Sold 'Okpa' For 10 Years And It Was My Daily Meal by Mpanyi: 7:11pm On Mar 24, 2018
Where and when, young man? Be specific so we can investigate
Re: Frank Edwards: I Sold 'Okpa' For 10 Years And It Was My Daily Meal by Cusdamato(m): 7:21pm On Mar 24, 2018
javijabor:
Everyone that has made small money is always trying to form humble beginnings.

Abeg park well. undecided
Bros shutup why must u display your frustration at any given opportunity,was frank edwards begging u to hear his story,must u display your chronic hate and frustration on a nigga whom god has blessed?.. you even sound like some1 who has not seen food since morning....
Re: Frank Edwards: I Sold 'Okpa' For 10 Years And It Was My Daily Meal by apocalypso007: 7:23pm On Mar 24, 2018
I remember "GO AND DIE SAGA" God is still changing levels of his people. Next, my turn...
Re: Frank Edwards: I Sold 'Okpa' For 10 Years And It Was My Daily Meal by Nobody: 7:32pm On Mar 24, 2018
EmagNig:
Popular Nigerian gospel singer, Frank Edwards, who is known for a series of hit gospel songs, have taken to Instagram to write an emotional note on when he used to sell the popular meal 'Okpa'.

The singer mentioned that he sold okpa for about 10 years and it was always his breakfast and dinner everyday.

Frank Edwards has since gone far beyond poverty as he is obviously living in luxury now and at the same time having great connections within the society as well as in the gospel music scene. He has had collaborations with lots of international artistes, including top gospel singer Don Moen.

Read his note below:

https://lailasnews.com/gospel-singer-frank-edwards-pens-an-emotional-note-on-being-poor/

lalasticlala

Motivating....nice

Because u dey bang Pastor Chris' daughter no mean say u go dey talk anyhow ooooo
Re: Frank Edwards: I Sold 'Okpa' For 10 Years And It Was My Daily Meal by donnie(m): 7:34pm On Mar 24, 2018
Shedrack777:

Shame on you. Jelousy
Re: Frank Edwards: I Sold 'Okpa' For 10 Years And It Was My Daily Meal by ebenice(m): 7:42pm On Mar 24, 2018
Healthnow:
We Have The Drug That Can Cure Ulcer. If You Need It Call This Number. 08133412233
you dont have the one that cure astma?
Re: Frank Edwards: I Sold 'Okpa' For 10 Years And It Was My Daily Meal by LordNapoleon: 7:50pm On Mar 24, 2018
Whatever you are going through today is preparin you for for greater things ahead, trying to get rich quick will lead you to go broke quick. There is no shortcut to success. Never!
Re: Frank Edwards: I Sold 'Okpa' For 10 Years And It Was My Daily Meal by rickyrex(m): 8:08pm On Mar 24, 2018
Shedrack777:
a motivator without stories to tell is nothing but putting trash in your brain. Motivation can come in any form. At least you grabbed something even if u are trying to be ignorant
Re: Frank Edwards: I Sold 'Okpa' For 10 Years And It Was My Daily Meal by Nobody: 8:13pm On Mar 24, 2018
Shedrack777:

And u never know say wen giving testimonies some of your past must enter to make ppl understand.

Yould always be a blamer and I know the reason,

even you too kno the reason. grin
Re: Frank Edwards: I Sold 'Okpa' For 10 Years And It Was My Daily Meal by DavidEsq(m): 8:39pm On Mar 24, 2018
God's miracle in our lives is not our climb from penury to wealth. It is how we have used our lives to bring people to repentance. The growth of God's Kingdom does not depend on our wealth; rather it depends on our being able to search deserving hearts and teach them about God's Kingdom. Matthew 24:14 and Matthew 25:15.
It is therefore wrong to show off one' acquired wealth as a measure of one's personality or God's "grace". 1 Timothy 6:17.
Re: Frank Edwards: I Sold 'Okpa' For 10 Years And It Was My Daily Meal by DavidEsq(m): 8:41pm On Mar 24, 2018
Baroba:
Okpa is made from Bambura nuts, the best are usually found at 9th Mile Corner Enugu state, very sweet highly nutritious meal..
My guy

Re: Frank Edwards: I Sold 'Okpa' For 10 Years And It Was My Daily Meal by Maximus85(m): 8:58pm On Mar 24, 2018
EmagNig:
Popular Nigerian gospel singer, Frank Edwards, who is known for a series of hit gospel songs, have taken to Instagram to write an emotional note on when he used to sell the popular meal 'Okpa'.

The singer mentioned that he sold okpa for about 10 years and it was always his breakfast and dinner everyday.

Frank Edwards has since gone far beyond poverty as he is obviously living in luxury now and at the same time having great connections within the society as well as in the gospel music scene. He has had collaborations with lots of international artistes, including top gospel singer Don Moen.

Read his note below:

https://lailasnews.com/gospel-singer-frank-edwards-pens-an-emotional-note-on-being-poor/

lalasticlala

Frank frank, I'm not saying you're lying ooo. But did the okpa smoke blackened your lips too?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Good Samaritan Donates N10m To Sadiq Daba (Photo) / Actress Moyo Lawal Spotted With Mark Angel & Emanuella At Malaysia Mall / Tina Mba Cautions Her Grandson After He Failed To Greet Her Co-stars On Set

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.