Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,609 members, 7,809,232 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:12 AM

Ferguson: I'd Pay £60m To Have Ronaldo Back! - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Ferguson: I'd Pay £60m To Have Ronaldo Back! (8195 Views)

Poll: C. Ronaldo vs Messi. In your opinion, which player is worth more?

Lional Messi: 49% (106 votes)
Christiano Ronaldo: 50% (108 votes)
This poll has ended

Alex Ferguson’s Last Chewed Gum For Sale On E-bay / Crimes Rate In Mexico Go Down When Chicharito Plays-cops Plead On Ferguson / Rafa Benitez Vs Alex Ferguson- The Mind Games Continues! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ferguson: I'd Pay £60m To Have Ronaldo Back! by omar22(m): 10:39pm On May 05, 2010
CR7 in his first season in an instable R.Madrid has single-handedly BRIGHTENED Madrid's season

He was in a team that went out home and away to Lyon
Re: Ferguson: I'd Pay £60m To Have Ronaldo Back! by 9jafreak: 11:07pm On May 05, 2010
omar22:

He was in a team that went out home and away to Lyon

That's if you consider this Real Madrid a team.

All things being equal though, Mourhino should see them into the final in two years!
Re: Ferguson: I'd Pay £60m To Have Ronaldo Back! by Akosbaba(m): 12:22am On May 06, 2010
Maybe u shud hav seen his hat-trick 2nite.CR9 is the life-blood of the present madrid team as we have seen all-season long.even in the two losses against barca,he was easily the most outstanding madrid player.1st season in spain and already has 30 goals wit possibly more to come.also his importance is felt at both country and club unlike messi who looks an average player in argentina(he was notably nowhere to be found in the 6-1 loss to Bolivia)
Re: Ferguson: I'd Pay £60m To Have Ronaldo Back! by 1stknight(m): 12:36am On May 06, 2010
9jafreak:

[size=14pt]Not a Man Utd Fan but Sir Alex is SPOT ON!

Messi is only GREAT in Barcelona. Put him elsewhere and see him struggle (he is darn good but not as great as we make him look)

CR7 in his first season in an instable R.Madrid has single-handedly BRIGHTENED Madrid's season

Just scored his 3rd goal against Mallorca, from a goal down!

7 goals in C.League for only about 4-5 matches less than Messi

I'll pay 100 million for CR9, 90 for Messi, 90 for Xavi and 75 for Rooney & a fully-fit Torres[/size]

u're rite, but i'd prefer CR7 to MESSI to CR9.
Re: Ferguson: I'd Pay £60m To Have Ronaldo Back! by suedoh2006(m): 1:02am On May 06, 2010
Ronaldo d best
Re: Ferguson: I'd Pay £60m To Have Ronaldo Back! by triistar86: 6:05am On May 06, 2010
C ronaldo is def worth more than Messi. . .  I would pick him ahead of messi on ma team.

One question though. . . . Is there anything Messi is presently doing now or has done in Barca that Ronaldinho didnt do during his hay days in Barca? Its just too sad that we people tend to forget things too easily. . . . Mark my words once Messi's game play for barca starts to decline those of us that are shouting messi this,messi that would easily be the first to sweep him under the way we did Ronnie. . . . . and I am not in anyway saying he aint good trust me he is incredibly Good, but we people have decided to paint a totally diff picture of him due to our obsessions I would assume!
Re: Ferguson: I'd Pay £60m To Have Ronaldo Back! by omar22(m): 6:24am On May 06, 2010
(he was notably nowhere to be found in the 6-1 loss to Bolivia)

I believe Portugal JUST qualified, the Bolivia loss was down to Maradona who doesnt know what he was doing and due to the thinness of the air (sea level) hardly any team leaves Bolivia and Equador with a draw
Re: Ferguson: I'd Pay £60m To Have Ronaldo Back! by Bluhazel: 6:41am On May 06, 2010
The man is right. You have to look at the business side of it first (i.e how much is C Ronaldo earning FOR his club and how much is Messi making for his club. And for the footballing side of it - just like someone said, can Messi survive outside Barca if he can't even impress when playing for his country? Look at Ronaldo he was out of the world in Man U and he is still invisible at Madrid and still outstanding for his country. In these 2 clubs, he always seems to do most of the job alone unlike Messi that if you mark out Xavi, Iniesta, Yaya Toure, he'll become frustrated. I think Ronaldo can survive in any league in the world and look at how consistent he has always been even after returning from a long term injury.
Re: Ferguson: I'd Pay £60m To Have Ronaldo Back! by kayality: 6:47am On May 06, 2010
Messi is best
Re: Ferguson: I'd Pay £60m To Have Ronaldo Back! by Synthase(m): 7:21am On May 06, 2010
I agree with you SAF, that's why you are the coach, a shrewd and business minded one for that matter and not the arm chair coaches crucifying you here. grin The guy is tested and trusted in the EPL so why waste money on some untested dude somewhere who probably doesnt have similar media image as cr7-9
Re: Ferguson: I'd Pay £60m To Have Ronaldo Back! by richjohn1(m): 9:03am On May 06, 2010
This anti-Man Utd sentiment is so strong that it actually blinds people from seeing CLEARLY! There is no aspect in football where Messi is better than CR9. This guy is a paw-paw, with argentina Ronaldo is Captain in a country like portugal, freekicks, first touch, ball control, pace (I'd say they're almost the same), shooting accuracy (CR9 shoots on both foot, messi's rite leg is dead) shot power CR9 betas messi in all this aspect. And for those that want SAF dead (one slowpoke even removed the sir in his name a title he will never get) SAF said 'don't worry you will go before I go' I wonder who has achieved more than this Old-Big Scott in football management (club level)

CR9>>>messi^7 grin
Re: Ferguson: I'd Pay £60m To Have Ronaldo Back! by BoboNaStar: 9:10am On May 06, 2010
some of you people talk as though you dont watch football, CR9 is a player who consistently carries his team whther it be man united or real madrid, Messi is the best player at barca by a long shot but play him at another team then he is finished,
Re: Ferguson: I'd Pay £60m To Have Ronaldo Back! by scantee(m): 9:16am On May 06, 2010
Messi is D-man
Re: Ferguson: I'd Pay £60m To Have Ronaldo Back! by naso2(m): 9:34am On May 06, 2010
For once I TOTALLY agree with Fergi.
Re: Ferguson: I'd Pay £60m To Have Ronaldo Back! by U1(m): 10:04am On May 06, 2010
That's just his own opinion. In mine, Messi is the one any day, no doubt CR9 is good too. Maybe I'm just biased being a Barca fan. undecided
Re: Ferguson: I'd Pay £60m To Have Ronaldo Back! by triistar86: 10:15am On May 06, 2010
U1:

That's just his own opinion. In mine, Messi is the one any day, no doubt CR9 is good too. Maybe I'm just biased being a Barca fanundecided

Yea u said it right, you are just on point!
Re: Ferguson: I'd Pay £60m To Have Ronaldo Back! by echowords(m): 11:01am On May 06, 2010
NO MAN U FAN NEITHER REAL

CR is a better player than messi. It's absurd if anyone can't see that.
Re: Ferguson: I'd Pay £60m To Have Ronaldo Back! by AjanleKoko: 11:12am On May 06, 2010
I'm a Barca member (not even fan, mind you).
But I would give it to CR9. The only problem he seems to have is ego, and image issues. But the boy is darn good!
Re: Ferguson: I'd Pay £60m To Have Ronaldo Back! by Sauron1: 11:22am On May 06, 2010
AjanleKoko:

I'm a Barca member (not even fan, mind you).
But I would give it to CR9. The only problem he seems to have is ego, and image issues. But the boy is darn good!

I keep telling people this. . . . .Ronaldo is the better player, he is the better athlete.
Ronaldo has more ammo to hurt the opposition than Messi. . . .It's not a slight on Messi but Ronaldo is just super-human.

Granted, Messi was superb in the El-Classico this season but then Messi had the brilliance of Xavi and Iniesta threading good passes to him.
It's obvious Messi plays in the better team. . . . . .Give Ronaldo the same support instead of mediocres like Diarra and he will be something else.

One fact stands out clearly. . . . .Ronaldo has now scored [b]32 goals in 33 appearances [/b]for Real Madrid in his debut season.
Re: Ferguson: I'd Pay £60m To Have Ronaldo Back! by Mickseen: 11:35am On May 06, 2010
Ronaldo is better anywhere but Messi is only better in Barca. Dat means Ronaldo is d best.[color=Black][/color]
Re: Ferguson: I'd Pay £60m To Have Ronaldo Back! by Mickseen: 11:35am On May 06, 2010
Ronaldo is better anywhere but Messi is only better in Barca. Dat means Ronaldo is d best.[color=Black][/color]
Re: Ferguson: I'd Pay £60m To Have Ronaldo Back! by Mickseen: 11:36am On May 06, 2010
Re: Ferguson: I'd Pay £60m To Have Ronaldo Back! by Ibomade1: 11:39am On May 06, 2010
Messi or Ronaldo ? Tough one but I think Ronaldo has the edge because he has played in 2 different leagues and he is now playing in the third league now. Whereas Messi has always been in Barca but haven said that the boy(Messi) is darn good. 44goals in all competition this season and still counting
Re: Ferguson: I'd Pay £60m To Have Ronaldo Back! by legba1(m): 11:43am On May 06, 2010
I am neigther a mn-u or real madrid or barca fan but i can tell you authoritatively that cr7-9 is better than messi as it is now.u guys said it all.business wise,he will control higher market value cos the hipe and media parparrazi is already there.also,he has proven himself from clubs to country.messi is a common ordinary player in his native argentine jersey.take messi to EPL and see wat become of him/his career.CR is better.THE SKY IN EPL IS BLUE, up CHELSEA
Re: Ferguson: I'd Pay £60m To Have Ronaldo Back! by NnaNna4(m): 11:56am On May 06, 2010
both guys are great

am relieved to hear that messi isn't too good outside barca

that means in the world cup we culd earn a draw in the qualifiers
Re: Ferguson: I'd Pay £60m To Have Ronaldo Back! by heartrate(m): 12:00pm On May 06, 2010
Freaky guy, you no no say if Ronaldo/Ronaldingho/any big star player way you put for warri wolves no go do well.
Can't you see that a team will buy a relatively or even an unknown player and the person performs excellently well. that shows that just like a good soup, it is the ingredient that brings out it taste. what do you think?
Re: Ferguson: I'd Pay £60m To Have Ronaldo Back! by heartrate(m): 12:06pm On May 06, 2010
Freaky guy, you no no say if Ronaldo/Ronaldingho/any big star player way you put for warri wolves no go do well.
Can't you see that a team will buy a relatively or even an unknown player and the person performs excellently well. that shows that just like a good soup, it is the ingredient that brings out it taste. what do you think?

Secondly on the subject matter, una no say Ronaldo sabi denge de pose but that is not the case with messi so it is obvious that Ronaldo is worth more than messi. know it that both can play very well so you can see that the difference is that one like attracting peoples attention while the other one allows what he can do on the field to do the talking. from their stature and the advert they do you will see the glaring deference.
Re: Ferguson: I'd Pay £60m To Have Ronaldo Back! by khanye(m): 12:59pm On May 06, 2010
Messi>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Ronaldo
Re: Ferguson: I'd Pay £60m To Have Ronaldo Back! by uyakachi(m): 1:21pm On May 06, 2010
ONE WITH RONALDO IS MAJORITY ,TEN IN ONE ,ONE MAN SQUAD.FLYING JET,SHARPSHOOTER,STARMINA GIANT*********

MESSI , MASTER DRIBLER ,GOD OF FOOTBALL ,HOPE OF HOPELESS,MIGHTMAN IN SHOOTING,FASTEST THINKER.**
WHAT A MESSI**********
Re: Ferguson: I'd Pay £60m To Have Ronaldo Back! by BoboNaStar: 2:22pm On May 06, 2010
Nn-a-Nn-a:

both guys are great

am relieved to hear that messi isn't too good outside barca

that means in the world cup we culd earn a draw in the qualifiers

ud be surprised our supposed 'Super Eagles' will be leading at half time and den go on to lose 3-1, quote me
Re: Ferguson: I'd Pay £60m To Have Ronaldo Back! by nextlevel2: 3:44pm On May 06, 2010
c.ronaldo is better dan messi because he as achieved more dan messi smiley smiley smiley
Re: Ferguson: I'd Pay £60m To Have Ronaldo Back! by Nobody: 4:44pm On May 06, 2010
quote from blackmann (m)

i don't know about worth but left to me Messi is more of a round-of-way player than CR7. Messiis that kinda player who will go get the ball, go help out in the defense and all, but for CR7, i feel his ego sometimes gets to him. Being the best player in the premiership has somewhat gotten to his head and i feel he sees himself as some sort of demi-god in madrid. there was one of the matches i watched(can't remeber which) where he was robbed of the ball(unfairly i may add), and he was complaining to the ref. The same incident happened to messi a few days later, but in his case, he chased this said player who robbed him mof the ball all the way back to his defense and got the ball back. I'm not taking away the point that CR7 is a superb player, but to me there are other things to consider before deciding on who's the better player. Each player has his own strenghts and weaknesses, but to me CR7 lacks some traits that messi has.

And how is Messi a better player exactly? Ronaldo crosses way better. Heads better. Deadly free kicks. Scores more(and his shots are stronger and more accurate), and has excelled where there hasn't been the exquisite service of Xavi and both have similar passing ability. messi only has the ability to use the ball in tighter spaces(popularly referred to as 'dribbling and gumming the ball to your foot')

Cristiano only lost his interest in tracking back and defending when he moved to Real Madrid, a team that still does not understand that in modern day football, you defend from the front,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sunderland Vs Arsenal (0 - 1) On 9th February 2013 / Euro2012: Football Fan Dies After Going Eleven Nights Without Sleep / Liverpool Vs Aston Villa (0 - 1) - Live

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.