Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,581 members, 7,837,190 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:30 PM

Sex And Relationship: Frustrations Of A Physically Challenged - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Sex And Relationship: Frustrations Of A Physically Challenged (1146 Views)

Beautiful Bride's Wedding To A Physically Challenged Groom (Photos) / Pretty Lady Weds Her Physically-challenged Boyfriend In Wheelchair (photos) / Pre-wedding Photos Of A Physically Challenged Lady Set To Wed In Akwa Ibom State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sex And Relationship: Frustrations Of A Physically Challenged by Goodlyhrt(m): 3:01pm On Mar 25, 2018
It is not easy being in my shoes.. like, its not that I dont acknowledge other people's shortcomings and how its affecting their respective personalities, I just feel that physical deformity will score high on a degree of personality influencing conditions. Howbeit, ''negatively'' and I meant every word.

And it goes a long way in determining the mode of every facet of ones living; like the way I talk, I make sure I dont hurt peoples' feeling with my words, I cant defend myself against any physical advances and I'll likely take it personal if you hit back with words. I do avoid peer bantry, jokes and all those things people enjoy together (a lil friendly kick in the b*tt is fun when you could do yours too)

These has really affected my social life making me ''a very boring introvert'' (my ex said that) though I am very good with commerce and enterprise but this is a case that I'll always need help at every turn. I feel like I cant do it effectively without people's help and you know how people turn out when you need their help 'always'

It is critical, looking yourself in the mirror and realising that there are some stuffs your peers could do with little or less energy and it will still look brilliantly awesome but for you, you gonna take awhile and maybe it doesnt really come out great and you are exhausted with no strength for readjustments and considering the nations economy. I'm f*cked! But am not giving up yet!

Then what about my relationship with the opposite sex I feel its better I just dont think about them but c'mon I have a libido and hormones that are alive and very very inquisitive, let me say appreciative of the female anatomy and I am not blind.. I see things, I feel things, I want to explore, I'm motivated to try new things...
Re: Sex And Relationship: Frustrations Of A Physically Challenged by Goodlyhrt(m): 3:02pm On Mar 25, 2018
...I have the courage, the words, I know my way around these things but along the way everything just comes crashing.. yeah I know.. I cant really measure up with my peers, still confirming what my former PHE teacher said and its true I AM DEFORMED!!!

Some girls (I have dated) be like 'What am I still doing with this guy? he is not that rich or that handsome and moreover he is deformed' and I be like 'Babe I thought you said you will take me as I am'. One even broke up with me just for telling my friends that she is my girlfriend.. yeah! childish all you like but thats the way some of the girls I've met actually feel.

For the sex part, well, sex is beautiful when you set the right tone thats when love is truly blind. Unfortunately mine is less adventurous and when the flame fades away becomes uninteresting and easily boring, she aint coming back after the third time.

I know how important it is to hang in there and to remain resolute. I am focused on not getting distracted nor debased 'cos I knw I'm bursting out of all these troubles someday. I kinda need a lil' help and a shoulder to cry on will do.
Re: Sex And Relationship: Frustrations Of A Physically Challenged by Nobody: 3:10pm On Mar 25, 2018
hi big chief. all I can say is that you should find the things that make you happy and dwell more on them. create your own world and only allow positive people in it. I can't say I fully understand how u feel but that's all I can say from my own shortsighted view of life. it is well with you.

2 Likes

Re: Sex And Relationship: Frustrations Of A Physically Challenged by crismark(m): 4:24pm On Mar 25, 2018
hmmmm...
Re: Sex And Relationship: Frustrations Of A Physically Challenged by Goodlyhrt(m): 7:38pm On Mar 25, 2018
crismark:
hmmmm...
Dont be speechless say something
Re: Sex And Relationship: Frustrations Of A Physically Challenged by crismark(m): 8:51pm On Mar 25, 2018
Goodlyhrt:
Dont be speechless say something
what area re u physically challenged
Re: Sex And Relationship: Frustrations Of A Physically Challenged by flokii: 8:59pm On Mar 25, 2018
Hmmm... Life!

Take heart OP, some are not even chanced to be among the living but you are.

I believe the right person for you will locate you. Make yourself lively and happy at all times.

1 Like

Re: Sex And Relationship: Frustrations Of A Physically Challenged by myself13: 9:04pm On Mar 25, 2018
crismark:
hmmn
Re: Sex And Relationship: Frustrations Of A Physically Challenged by myself13: 9:04pm On Mar 25, 2018
crismark:
hmmn
Re: Sex And Relationship: Frustrations Of A Physically Challenged by Chidonc(m): 10:06pm On Mar 25, 2018
I used to be sad I had no car until I met a man with just a leg, I looked pitifully at him but he was happy and told me his neighbor has no legs, I rushed to see the neighbor with no legs but found him happy that he is still alive while his other neighbour with two legs is dead.

op we don't always have it all, I used to be sad over things I never had until I discovered been contented with the ones I have start giving me joy. no body can make u feel inferior without your consent. shalom
Re: Sex And Relationship: Frustrations Of A Physically Challenged by Deandean: 7:38am On Mar 26, 2018
I can feel your really trying to stand up to the world but the extra pressure u have to contend with is frustrating you...logical but not proper....
Let me start by sayin you are who you are n am not willing to pamper you to motivation because you are just like every other person....every1 has got some form of shortfall or the other...your is physical(and ur not even close to d worse of),some re intellectual,some educational,others sexual,environmental,health mention them.....no one has everything to d desired decree.....
So rather than soak urslf in self pity whc is d average man's cushion....bros get urslf up and bcum a winner in what ur frnds re losers at....its d law of nature... we're drawn to those wu have wat we fail at....then watch then feel a need to av u around....
I got this mentality from Tyrion Lanister in d Game of Thrones...in other to compensate 4 his dwarfism n compete wit his other noble siblings....HE SOUGHT TO BE THE MOST INTELLIGENT OF THE FOLD BY PRACTICALLY EATING EVERY KIND OF BOOKS.....his brother was training to b a physical warlord,he traind n succeeded in being a mental warlord...try it!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Sex And Relationship: Frustrations Of A Physically Challenged by Goodlyhrt(m): 7:47am On Mar 26, 2018
myself13:

hmmn
I have problem with my right leg. I was born whole until a nurse ruined me in the name of injecting me in the buumm, all I have now is one good leg and a thin short numb leg with no strength of it own, I can only walk by aiding my right leg with my right hand
Re: Sex And Relationship: Frustrations Of A Physically Challenged by Goodlyhrt(m): 8:11am On Mar 26, 2018
Deandean:
I can feel your really trying to stand up to the world but the extra pressure u have to contend with is frustrating you...logical but not proper....
Let me start by sayin you are who you are n am not willing to pamper you to motivation because you are just like every other person....every1 has got some form of shortfall or the other...your is physical(and ur not even close to d worse of),some re intellectual,some educational,others sexual,environmental,health mention them.....no one has everything to d desired decree.....
So rather than soak urslf in self pity whc is d average man's cushion....bros get urslf up and bcum a winner in what ur frnds re losers at....its d law of nature... we're drawn to those wu have wat we fail at....then watch then feel a need to av u around....
I got this mentality from Tyrion Lanister in d Game of Thrones...in other to compensate 4 his dwarfism n compete wit his other noble siblings....HE SOUGHT TO BE THE MOST INTELLIGENT OF THE FOLD BY PRACTICALLY EATING EVERY KIND OF BOOKS.....his brother was training to b a physical warlord,he traind n succeeded in being a mental warlord...try it!!!!
Damn! this is deep.... This is the kind of kick in the b*tt I want right now. Thanks for sharing this wisdom.
Re: Sex And Relationship: Frustrations Of A Physically Challenged by myself13: 1:18pm On Mar 26, 2018
Goodlyhrt:
I have problem with my right leg. I was born whole until a nurse ruined me in the name of injecting me in the buumm, all I have now is one good leg and a thin short numb leg with no strength of it own, I can only walk by aiding my right leg with my right hand

I sympathize with your condition, but the one thing you schould always have at the back of your mind is that you are still better than some people. Think about those who can't see. Those without legs at all.The speech impaired people. Those with terminal diseases, mad men in the streets and plagued with sad health condition so from birth. There are always reasons to cheer up in life. You can do better than this.Be happy. Happiness isn't based on how we look or the things we possess. The latter is what I can relate very well to. If you are a Christian, I would advise you to take your devotion to God a step further and become completely committed to the dictates of the word of God, and His promises that can not fail. He is faithful and just to deliver you from your predicament. Next step is to endeavour to attend to any of the true bible believing churches conventions/crusades your spirit bears witness with, your miracle sure to come as you believe. But if you not a Christian, maybe Muslim, atheist or a freethinker, My advise for you is that you focus on the brighter side of life and sourround yourself with well meaning people such that you will not be reminded of the crisis. There is this guy in my community who walks with a wheel chair but lives like a King. The guy am telling you about is fun to be with. The girls are so much of the time around him.And with what I have seen, his having a more interesting life than most people with two sound legs. So why should be downcasted? Why should you be depressed? Discover yourself, build up your confidence(it comes from within), and go out there and assert yourself. Get a wheel chair at the moment if you don't have one, if you find it difficult managing the you are now. My little input. Good luck brĂ–.

1 Like

Re: Sex And Relationship: Frustrations Of A Physically Challenged by Humility017(m): 9:09am On Dec 22, 2019
Goodlyhrt:

ohhh so sorry bro...
are you married now?

(1) (Reply)

Access Bank Revealed "The Nigerian Avengers Hulk", Twitter Users Reacts / Lady Reveals How A Slay Queen Snatched Her Broke Boyfriend / Man Surprisingly Proposed To His Girlfriend Pretending Not To Be In Town. (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.