Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,208 members, 7,818,705 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:16 PM

Throwback (2016): Buhari Cancels Two-day State Visit To Lagos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Throwback (2016): Buhari Cancels Two-day State Visit To Lagos (1036 Views)

Buhari Cancels Appointments, Approvals Made By Abba Kyari / 2019: Akwa Ibom State Government Declares A Three-day State Fasting / I Almost Fled Nigeria In 2016 – Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Throwback (2016): Buhari Cancels Two-day State Visit To Lagos by nairavsdollars(f): 8:01am On Mar 28, 2018
President Muhammadu Buhari has called off his much publicised two-day state visit to Lagos.

The visit which would have seen the President inaugurating a number of projects would have started on Monday and ended on Tuesday.

The Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Mr. Femi Adesina, confirmed the development to our correspondent on the telephone on Sunday.

Adesina said Buhari would be represented by Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo.

He however did not give any reason for the last minute cancellation of Buhari’s trip.

“The truth is that the Vice-President will now represent the President in Lagos. There is nothing wrong if the Vice-President represents the President at functions,” he said.

The Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu, who also confirmed the development to our correspondent said Osinbajo would only inaugurate a few of the projects earmarked for inauguration by the President.
http://punchng.com/buhari-cancels-two-day-state-visit-lagos/

THIS HAPPENED TWO YEARS AGO. HOPE HISTORY WON'T REPEAT ITSELF TOMORROW?

Re: Throwback (2016): Buhari Cancels Two-day State Visit To Lagos by EvilChild: 8:02am On Mar 28, 2018
Buhari is a mad dog with no iota of wisdom and a certified incompetent slowpoke.

1 Like

Re: Throwback (2016): Buhari Cancels Two-day State Visit To Lagos by firo08(m): 8:04am On Mar 28, 2018
grin confused leader and a junk fellow Naija have as president. Bubu you must go come 2019

1 Like

Re: Throwback (2016): Buhari Cancels Two-day State Visit To Lagos by swiz123(m): 8:05am On Mar 28, 2018
Ever since I saw that video of a herdmen having carnal knowledge of his cow, i have never stopped wondering if buhari bleeps his cows.

Who else feels the same??

2 Likes

Re: Throwback (2016): Buhari Cancels Two-day State Visit To Lagos by madridguy(m): 8:05am On Mar 28, 2018
Noted.
Re: Throwback (2016): Buhari Cancels Two-day State Visit To Lagos by Nobody: 8:06am On Mar 28, 2018
After afonjas have declared public holiday for the visit? Afonjas have suffered in the hands of their masters

1 Like

Re: Throwback (2016): Buhari Cancels Two-day State Visit To Lagos by Crying4NIGERIA(m): 8:08am On Mar 28, 2018
. grin. Hahaha Afonjas, Have Buhari Ever Cancelled A Visit To Kastina, Kano, Maiduguri, Kaduna,even Yobe State?
The Answer Is No

1 Like

Re: Throwback (2016): Buhari Cancels Two-day State Visit To Lagos by Okoroawusa: 8:09am On Mar 28, 2018
Mynd44
look at that topic. just to drive traffic to his thread.
Re: Throwback (2016): Buhari Cancels Two-day State Visit To Lagos by emeijeh(m): 8:11am On Mar 28, 2018
The VP is representing him, and you say it was cancelled?

Una hatred for Buhari sha! grin
Re: Throwback (2016): Buhari Cancels Two-day State Visit To Lagos by ZombieTAMER: 8:12am On Mar 28, 2018
Sai babarist up there is crying

Una no get shame..
Buhari can't cancel a Kano visit
Re: Throwback (2016): Buhari Cancels Two-day State Visit To Lagos by Jflex07(m): 8:19am On Mar 28, 2018
He will never cancel visits to Kano, katsina, or any other Northern states,and to think that afonjas declared public holiday because of the dullards visit is a big disgrace to the afonja lineage.
Re: Throwback (2016): Buhari Cancels Two-day State Visit To Lagos by Mynd44: 8:26am On Mar 28, 2018
Okoroawusa:
Mynd44

look at that topic. just to drive traffic to his thread.
Do we blame the OP or people who didn't read the article?

I have edited it though

2 Likes

Re: Throwback (2016): Buhari Cancels Two-day State Visit To Lagos by fiizznation: 8:27am On Mar 28, 2018
nairavsdollars:

President Muhammadu Buhari has called off his much publicised two-day state visit to Lagos.

The visit which would have seen the President inaugurating a number of projects would have started on Monday and ended on Tuesday.

The Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Mr. Femi Adesina, confirmed the development to our correspondent on the telephone on Sunday.

Adesina said Buhari would be represented by Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo.

He however did not give any reason for the last minute cancellation of Buhari’s trip.

“The truth is that the Vice-President will now represent the President in Lagos. There is nothing wrong if the Vice-President represents the President at functions,” he said.

The Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu, who also confirmed the development to our correspondent said Osinbajo would only inaugurate a few of the projects earmarked for inauguration by the President.
http://punchng.com/buhari-cancels-two-day-state-visit-lagos/

THIS HAPPENED TWO YEARS AGO. HOPE HISTORY WON'T REPEAT ITSELF TOMORROW?
And why must you bring a two years news up this morning? And just look at the ignorant, myopic youths already throwing tantrums at themselves without even reading the misleading topic.

Seun your forum has really become something. Fake news are the order of the day on this forum. Smh

1 Like

Re: Throwback (2016): Buhari Cancels Two-day State Visit To Lagos by abokibuhari: 8:30am On Mar 28, 2018
fiizznation:
And why must you bring a two years news up this morning? And just look at the ignorant, myopic youths already throwing tantrums at themselves without even reading the misleading topic.

Seun your forum has really become something. Fake news are the order of the day on this forum. Smh
Sharrap, shay the thing no happen before ?

1 Like

Re: Throwback (2016): Buhari Cancels Two-day State Visit To Lagos by fiizznation: 8:39am On Mar 28, 2018
abokibuhari:

Sharrap, shay the thing no happen before ?
The topic was misleading before. I think a mod just corrected the op by editing the previous heading.
Re: Throwback (2016): Buhari Cancels Two-day State Visit To Lagos by Duru009(m): 8:43am On Mar 28, 2018
Buhari is suffering from easternphobia and southernphobia !
Re: Throwback (2016): Buhari Cancels Two-day State Visit To Lagos by conehead2018: 9:01am On Mar 28, 2018
emeijeh:
The VP is representing him, and you say it was cancelled?

Una hatred for Buhari sha! grin
has his VP represented him in any of his visit to the north?....your mumu sha
Re: Throwback (2016): Buhari Cancels Two-day State Visit To Lagos by nairavsdollars(f): 9:16am On Mar 28, 2018
Thanks Mynd44....the best mod ever

Mynd44:

I have edited it though
Re: Throwback (2016): Buhari Cancels Two-day State Visit To Lagos by nairavsdollars(f): 9:18am On Mar 28, 2018
Wee you kip kwayet? Bloody ignoramus

fiizznation:

Re: Throwback (2016): Buhari Cancels Two-day State Visit To Lagos by FarahAideed: 9:18am On Mar 28, 2018
swiz123:
Ever since I saw that video of a herdmen having carnal knowledge of his cow, i have never stopped wondering if buhari bleeps his cows.

Who else feels the same??

He must have at some point in his life
Re: Throwback (2016): Buhari Cancels Two-day State Visit To Lagos by Okoroawusa: 9:40am On Mar 28, 2018
Mynd44:

I have edited it though
Bro,some ppl don't read articles on Nairaland all they need is the headline before reacting like chemicals.

Check out that topic on the full transcript of Bill Gates speech in National Economic Council Meeting.I read the full speech and when I started seeing comments I weak.

You r doing a nice job policing us here.Its not easy.

(1) (Reply)

Kogi House Of Assembly PDP Aspirant Formally Declare His Intention To Contest. / EXCLUSIVE: Minister Adeosun, Saraki, Others In N10 Billion Fraud Scandal! / Who Wears The Crown? 2019 Presidential Election (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.