Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,885 members, 7,814,000 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:58 PM

Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! - Literature (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! (122034 Views)

You Can Now Read The Full Version Of Jewel From The Ghetto 2: The Return Of Shak / Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah / Hacked:romance And Action Novel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by JamesKudooski(m): 6:29pm On Apr 26, 2018
Ruibii:

I pray nothing happens to her but please look for her before next update.

Yes ma'am
Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by Kaycee9242(m): 7:22pm On Apr 26, 2018
Wow! Op well done, y didn't simisola mother tell us since dt her dota is not around and save us d time and stress

1 Like

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by JamesKudooski(m): 7:37pm On Apr 26, 2018
Kaycee9242:
Wow! Op well done, y didn't simisola mother tell us since dt her dota is not around and save us d time and stress

Lol!
Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by JamesKudooski(m): 7:38pm On Apr 26, 2018
NEW EPISODES LOADING...

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by JamesKudooski(m): 7:55pm On Apr 26, 2018
EPISODE 42
(CHAPTER THIRTEEN)

“Not here anymore? Mama, how?”

Mrs Fatunde was too emotionally wrecked to talk. The words stuck in her throat. The moment she forced herself to answer, she broke down.

Her husband waded in, “Son, she left three days ago.” He had the expression of someone struggling to keep his emotion in check lest he broke down like his wife.

“Left?” Yemi received the shock of his life. “To where papa?”

“When she couldn’t take the pain any longer coupled with the shame of being here in the village, she decided to go to Port Harcourt. You know people gossip a lot in this village. The news of what happened in Lagos is all over the village.”

“Port Harcourt? Where in Port Harcourt, sir?”

“We don’t know where exactly, my son.”

“Oh!” Yinka reacted. “Sir, do you have any relatives in Port Harcourt?” Yinka inquired.

“None. But she said that one of her old school mates lives there.”

“Did she give you the address?”

“No.”

“Phew!” Yemi sighed. “Papa, please can you give me her new phone number, sir?” He brought out his phone to collect the number. Just then, his phone rang. He checked the screen. It was a number he didn’t recognize. He picked it. “Hello ... Hello ... Hello ...” But the person didn’t say a word and the line went dead. Yemi hissed. “Who’s this? I don’t have time for this kind of stupid game at this time.” Something told him to call back the number but he stifled the thought. He then turned his attention back to Simisola’s father.

“She doesn’t have any. She had lived her life in solitude ever since she came back from Lagos. She didn’t want to have any contact with anyone after you refused to talk to her after several tries from her. The only person she had wanted to talk with was you.”

Yemi sank in his chair. His head tilted back and his gaze looking up. Suddenly, he sprang up to his feet.

“Where to?” A confused Yinka asked.

“To Port Harcourt, of course.”

“Ah! You won’t wait for us to get you something to eat? ” Mr Fatunde asked rather surprised at his impatience.

“Papa, I won’t eat until I bring Simisola home.” He dipped his hand into his pocket and brought out a pack of one thousand Naira notes. Without counting it, he handed it over to Mr Fatunde. “Papa, please use this to take care of yourself, mama, and the children. I will see you when I’m back with Simisola.”

“Ah, this is too much, my son.” Mr Fatunde said but he held on to the money. “Thank you, my son. May God go with you.”

“Amen, papa,” he said as he hastened out of the house.

Yinka came right behind him. “So, what’s the next plan, dude?”

“First, we get to town, we locate the nearest airport, and take a flight to Port Harcourt.”

“And after that?”

“Well, that’s where you take over.”

“Take over? Are you kidding me?”

“I’m not the philosopher here and neither am I the forensic scientist. That’s where we are going to need your skills and wisdom the most. And remember, I’m not the one that takes Guuuuulder, you know.”

“What?!”

Yemi didn’t mind him. He rather entered into the car and turned on the ignition.

To be continued ... Watch Out for the Next Episode!

NB: The book is NOW AVAILABLE on online stores. For those who don't want to wait for each episode to be released, get the book here:

1. OKADABOOKS: http://okadabooks.com/book/about/jewel_from_the_ghetto/18237

2. BOLDSCHOLAR: https://www.boldscholar.com/books/jewel-from-the-ghetto

3. SMASHWORDS: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/814412

Àdùkẹ́!
...My Story, My World.

1 Like

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by Eronsammy(m): 7:57pm On Apr 26, 2018
JamesKudooski:

I'm flushing here right now. These compliments are bursting my brain. To Jehovah be the glory. Thanks a lot, Eronsammy.
You are welcome bro.... I follow

1 Like

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by Nobody: 8:03pm On Apr 26, 2018
Thumbs up. Nice write up. Full of suspense. Keep it up!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by JamesKudooski(m): 8:20pm On Apr 26, 2018
EPISODE 43
(CHAPTER THIRTEEN)

Meanwhile, while they were in the middle of the discussion at the Fatundes’, Simisola locked herself up in a room at Port Harcourt feeding on solitude. She held the picture of Yemi--that was now her most prized possession--in her hand. Few more drops of her tears splashed on the picture. Her lips incoherently uttered the words: ‘Yemi ... My Yemi.’ Then, flashes of the memorable times she spent with Yemi played in front of her in hallucinations of the past.

She saw herself in Yemi’s arms with both of them full of smiles, scrolling through the list of songs on Yemi’s phone trying to choose a befitting couple’s song for themselves. It was to be their anthem, an intangible emblem of their undying love. Her face brightened as she saw both of them smiled more when they settled for Celine Dion’s ‘If Wall Could Talk’ song.

With head thrown backwards, she held the picture close to her heart, closed her eyes, swayed from side to side, and hummed the song to herself. Then she stood up and walked outside to a paid phone operator at the front of the house. She asked to use the phone. She dialled Yemi’s number and the phone began to ring. She heard Yemi’s ‘Hello’ immediately after the first ring and she became tongue-tied. She heard the voice continued, ‘Hello ... Hello ...’ She said nothing still and ended the call. Tears had formed in her eyes again. She quickly paid the phone operator and ran back inside. That was the moment Yemi brought out his phone to collect her number from her father back at her parents’ residence ... That moment he hissed because the caller refused to talk ... That moment he stifled the inner voice urging him to call back! Simisola had mistaken the awkwardness in his voice as a result of the tension in him for harshness and so ended the call and ran back inside with teary eyes.

Nearly a week had past since Yemi and Yinka landed in Port Harcourt in search of Simisola but with no results. With the help of a local guide, they had combed practically every logical place showing her picture to people but no one seemed to have seen her or known her. They had engaged the service of the police force with no results either. At one time, they had come into Simisola’s neighbourhood. In fact, they had stopped at the phone operator’s shop in front of her house to recharge their phones. But somehow, they missed asking the operator about her!

However, after they entered back into the cab, Simisola came out to the use the phone. She saw the cab drove off and felt a strong connection. It was as if she could feel Yemi’s presence in the cab. She hurried to the road and followed the cab with her eyes.

Just then Yemi felt something like a strong magnetic pull from the place they just left. He turned backed and looked through the rear windshield in the direction of Simisola who stood with her gaze fixed on the cab....

NB: The book is NOW AVAILABLE on online stores. For those who don't want to wait for each episode to be released, get the book here:

Àdùkẹ́!
...My Story, My World.

2 Likes

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by skubido(m): 8:30pm On Apr 26, 2018
Baba oya oya. Abeg I take God beg u no stop oooo

Tanks

2 Likes

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by rosalieene(f): 8:33pm On Apr 26, 2018
this story has made my day grin

1 Like

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by JamesKudooski(m): 8:34pm On Apr 26, 2018
Godwindanielboy:
Thumbs up. Nice write up. Full of suspense. Keep it up!!

Thanks a lot, Godwindanielboy.
Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by JamesKudooski(m): 8:36pm On Apr 26, 2018
skubido:

Tanks

Skubido! You wan become Oliver Twist ni?

1 Like

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by JamesKudooski(m): 8:37pm On Apr 26, 2018
rosalieene:
this story has made my day grin

Oh! Glad that the story made your day.
Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by Nobody: 8:38pm On Apr 26, 2018
JamesKudooski:

Thanks a lot, Godwindanielboy.
You are welcome.

1 Like

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by aprilwise(m): 8:49pm On Apr 26, 2018
The suspense Na die oo.

1 Like

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by Mufahsa(m): 9:05pm On Apr 26, 2018
Oya Come And Kwantinu O. .

1 Like

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by JamesKudooski(m): 9:06pm On Apr 26, 2018
EPISODE 44
(CHAPTER FOURTEEN)

THAT WAS THE MOMENT the phone operator called out to her, “Madam, the phone is ringing.” She turned and hurried to collect the phone. And Yemi missed her. All he saw was a lady that ran off the road and he couldn’t make out who she might have been. Yemi faced front and the cab went out of sight completely.

But as the cab moved on, Yemi still felt that there was something about the lady that just disappeared from the road.

“Driver, please turn back,” Yemi instructed.

Yinka’s phone started to ring. He checked the caller. “It’s the Divisional Police Officer (DPO),” he announced.

“Oh, what has he got for us?” Yemi asked.

Yinka picked the call and Yemi watched his mouth closely as he spoke to the DPO. “Okay, sir. We will be right there. Thank you, sir.” He ended the call and faced Yemi. “He said he has found someone who matches Simisola’s description.”

Yemi ordered the driver to change course and head to the Police Station right away. However, by the time they got there, they met with another disappointment.

Back at their hotel room, Yemi and Yinka analysed their efforts in the past one week and they felt it was better to take a little break to reconsider their strategy. Hence, they caught the next available flight to Lagos.

Two weeks passed and the world moved slowly in the eyes of the actors of the ensuing drama. Yemi’s life lacked colour and he lived each day blaming himself for Simisola’s untold hardship. Yinka, on his part, became disturbed too. For anything that troubled Yemi troubled him also. Pink Roses equally lost its spark. Auntie Funmi, Ngozi, Taiwo, and Kehinde made a pact with gloominess the very day Yemi narrated what happened in Ajele Village and Port Harcourt. Only Shakirah and Risi remained unmoved. But just the two of them could not return the spark to the salon. Simisola’s family in Ajele Village slept and woke up with sorrow while Mr and Mrs Williams became worried for their son’s health.

Simisola’s condition worsened as each day passed. With time, she started talking to herself and gradually her depression deteriorated into full blown dementia. And so it was that she left home one day and became a wandering mad woman on the streets of Port Harcourt.

Àdùkẹ́!
...My Story, My World.

1 Like

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by JamesKudooski(m): 9:09pm On Apr 26, 2018
aprilwise:
The suspense Na die oo.

Abi ooooo, Aprilwise. No mind me oooo.
Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by JamesKudooski(m): 9:10pm On Apr 26, 2018
Mufahsa:
Oya Come And Kwantinu O. .

Mufahsa, you have it. Just dropped Episode 44.
Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by JamesKudooski(m): 9:11pm On Apr 26, 2018
skubido:

Tanks

Skubido baba, you now have it oooo. Just dropped Episode 44.
Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by skubido(m): 9:12pm On Apr 26, 2018
Haaaaaaaaaaaa, lobatan. Mad ke.

sir james, abeg tell who dey dream.

Na for dream jhor
Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by YINKS89(m): 9:13pm On Apr 26, 2018
Boss why now.... Abeg no do like dis.

1 Like

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by skubido(m): 9:14pm On Apr 26, 2018
JamesKudooski:

Skubido baba, you now have it oooo. Just dropped Episode 44.

So na im make u drop my hand....
Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by devilmaycry1(m): 9:21pm On Apr 26, 2018
wow thank ooooo pls just drop episode 44 and the rest oooo pls pls oooo but nice episode
Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by Nobody: 9:39pm On Apr 26, 2018
Noooooo, how simi go mad? I no gre o. Na dream joor.
Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by JamesKudooski(m): 9:39pm On Apr 26, 2018
skubido:
Haaaaaaaaaaaa, lobatan. Mad ke.

sir james, abeg tell who dey dream.

Na for dream jhor

Lol!
Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by JamesKudooski(m): 9:39pm On Apr 26, 2018
YINKS89:
Boss why now.... Abeg no do like dis.

Lol!
Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by JamesKudooski(m): 9:41pm On Apr 26, 2018
skubido:

So na im make u drop my hand....

Lol!
Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by JamesKudooski(m): 9:43pm On Apr 26, 2018
Godwindanielboy:
Noooooo, how simi go mad? I no gre o. Na dream joor.

Lol!
Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by JamesKudooski(m): 9:43pm On Apr 26, 2018
devilmaycry1:
wow thank ooooo pls just drop episode 44 and the rest oooo pls pls oooo but nice episode

Lol!
Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by Felixdgreat(m): 9:45pm On Apr 26, 2018
Ha!! Simi mad! why now eh.
Yemi where art thou eh..... Yinka seems your GULDER has lost it's touch, do you need 12 more crates to think..
but something tells me that her knight in shining armour would soon find her..
Thumbs up James

1 Like

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! by skubido(m): 9:49pm On Apr 26, 2018
But come, nd I fit c her ooo cuz na port I dey.

God go punish shakirah nd her friend ooo.
C wetin dey cuz nao

Yemi self too over react

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (29) (Reply)

The Journal Of A Nymphomaniac / No More Room For Love- By Loudest Thoughts / My Final Year Love: Perfect Rejection Season 2 (MFYL PR2)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.