Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,093 members, 7,818,277 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:44 AM

President Buhari In Lagos: A Great Day For Lagos State And Lagosians (Photos) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari In Lagos: A Great Day For Lagos State And Lagosians (Photos) (46844 Views)

Governor Ambode And Lagosians Hailing Him (Photo) / Agbaje, In New Year Message, Tasks Inec And Lagosians / Ambode, Tinubu And Lagosians: The Fight For The Soul Of Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Buhari In Lagos: A Great Day For Lagos State And Lagosians (Photos) by deomelo: 8:58pm On Mar 29, 2018

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Buhari In Lagos: A Great Day For Lagos State And Lagosians (Photos) by Obi1kenobi(m): 9:00pm On Mar 29, 2018
Was not a great day for me at all. The hours spent navigating traffic wasn't funny at all. Not sure what makes the visit a "great day" for anyone.
Re: President Buhari In Lagos: A Great Day For Lagos State And Lagosians (Photos) by deomelo: 9:01pm On Mar 29, 2018
noona:
Just look at the old f**ker,I bet he doesn't even know where he is because of the increasing dementia he's suffering from...all those that went all out to wave at bubu today are bunch of block headed idiots..

www.nairaland.com/attachments/6903127_ala_jpegd3e4e790f77723ce4fcdc6f17c337cdf

Oya ipob, take alabukun for your pain and sorrow..

. grin grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari In Lagos: A Great Day For Lagos State And Lagosians (Photos) by noona(f): 9:03pm On Mar 29, 2018
deomelo:

Oya, take alabukun for your pain and sorrow..

Thanks...I decline plus I got no pain and sorrow..
Re: President Buhari In Lagos: A Great Day For Lagos State And Lagosians (Photos) by Nobody: 9:03pm On Mar 29, 2018
What type of nonesene is this ?
You must be an other yoruba claiming Edo.
For your information, Edo is an ethnicity. You can't say "the people of Edo", just like you can't say "the people of yoruba".
And we are not yourba and our land does not and will never be part of your non-existing yorubaland !!!

ultron12345:
We, the people of Edo wish to congratulate and commend lagosians
on their rapid development. Same is also happening in Ogun. Please, Edo and Yoruba are one, we solicit that you also allow us learn from you and assist us, so that Edo can join Yorubaland to be the pride of the nation.

Please, do not let the pigs from the yeast to slow down your progress, just ignore them.

Once again, congratulations.
Re: President Buhari In Lagos: A Great Day For Lagos State And Lagosians (Photos) by Nobody: 9:05pm On Mar 29, 2018
Lagos is not and has never been a part of yorubaland.
Lagos is Edo territory.
Biety:
See development in yoruba land.

Yoruba land is the fastest

developing and the most peaceful in Nigeria and Africa.

this is the lord's doing, it's

pleasant in our eyes.

All nonindegenes living and working in lagos should rejoice with the yorubas if you want these kinds of developments in your region.
Re: President Buhari In Lagos: A Great Day For Lagos State And Lagosians (Photos) by dammiecool(m): 9:12pm On Mar 29, 2018
nextstep:

I'm proud of Lagos but this tribalism/regionalism must stop. Nigerians have made Lagos what it is. Is Lagos only collecting IGR from Yoruba people? Or tax? How many billions of money (cowries, gold, pounds, and now Naira) from Nigerians all over has poured into Lagos? It's a former capital city, a financial, manufacturing, and entertainment hub - and has only become so due to the efforts of all Nigerians. Federal revenue mostly from Palm and Crude oil (obtained elsewhere) has helped it grow.

As for indigine: do we discount all the Benin people and their descendants who've lived and settled Lagos since 1400s? Are they too not indigene? In it's past life as part of Benin Empire (late 1400s till 1861), it benefitted from the largess of that Empire. Its first Oba - Captain Ashipa (some also say his son Ado) in the Benin Empire - to whom all Obas of Lagos trace their lineage, was given Lagos to govern. How does the Oba of Benin give somebody Lagos if Lagos is not part of his Empire?

So please, although Lagos is located in South West Nigeria, it is a serious discredit to call it Yoruba Land: it's a uniquely multi-cultural place with a complex history where many Nigerians can be said to be indigenes. This is not Ife or Oyo - undisputedly Yoruba cities, but a once forlorn beach that has seen waves of immigration and control over the millennia: settled in part by Aworis* - and to a lesser extent Ekiti - (running from war in the Yoruba hinterlands), and settled in parts by the Edos (empire expansion/trade). More recently (over two centuries) it has seen Portuguese, British, Brazilian, Igbo settlers.

In conclusion, I submit for consideration:
1. its two names: Eko (Edo language) and Lagos (Portuguese language) are decidedly not of Yoruba origin (does it even have an originally Yoruba name?)
2. its Obas owe allegiance ultimately to Benin (and not to Oyo, nor to Ife)
3. it has never been part of the Oyo empire, unlike the rest of Yorubaland.

* Authoritative sources (e.g. the current Oba of Lagos) have stated that the Awori people, though found in Ile-Ife, are actually Binis who followed their self-exiled Prince, the first son of the Ogiso (now called Oba) of Benin Kingdom to Ife.

Let's pretend u r correct about eko, pls I want to knew if ojota,ikeja,isolo,amuwo odofin,ikorodu,agege,ikoyi,epe,surulere,mushin,ilupeju,Oshodi,alagbado..e.t.c also belong to d Benin empire

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari In Lagos: A Great Day For Lagos State And Lagosians (Photos) by lexy2014: 9:16pm On Mar 29, 2018
deomelo:

Pained, angry, bitter, disgruntled, frustrated and suffer head Igbos...

grin grin grin grin
oga na question I ask. Every one who sees buharis lies&incompetence is IPOB,agreed, just like d martin luther king family. But pls try answer d questions I asked
Re: President Buhari In Lagos: A Great Day For Lagos State And Lagosians (Photos) by zudozz: 9:17pm On Mar 29, 2018
buhariguy:
Idiotic pigs of Biafra will not be happy, they are looking for names they call buhari and ambode for doing a great job

NO MATTER WETIN YOU CALL BIAFRANS.. You and your cousin's are either our gate men or carrying our waste bINn or doing labourer job in our factory site. ''Who God bless....No man can curse''..

1 Like

Re: President Buhari In Lagos: A Great Day For Lagos State And Lagosians (Photos) by deomelo: 9:25pm On Mar 29, 2018
[s]
lexy2014:
oga na question I ask. Every one who sees buharis lies&incompetence is IPOB,agreed, just like d martin luther king family. But pls try answer d questions I asked
[/s]

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari In Lagos: A Great Day For Lagos State And Lagosians (Photos) by noah91(m): 9:31pm On Mar 29, 2018
Yes, Lagos is not Yorubaland. Come and claim it for your people. IPOB historians

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari In Lagos: A Great Day For Lagos State And Lagosians (Photos) by dataking: 9:31pm On Mar 29, 2018
nextstep:

I'm proud of Lagos but this tribalism/regionalism must stop. Nigerians have made Lagos what it is. Is Lagos only collecting IGR from Yoruba people? Or tax? How many billions of money (cowries, gold, pounds, and now Naira) from Nigerians all over has poured into Lagos? It's a former capital city, a financial, manufacturing, and entertainment hub - and has only become so due to the efforts of all Nigerians. Federal revenue mostly from Palm and Crude oil (obtained elsewhere) has helped it grow.

As for indigine: do we discount all the Benin people and their descendants who've lived and settled Lagos since 1400s? Are they too not indigene? In it's past life as part of Benin Empire (late 1400s till 1861), it benefitted from the largess of that Empire. Its first Oba - Captain Ashipa (some also say his son Ado) in the Benin Empire - to whom all Obas of Lagos trace their lineage, was given Lagos to govern. How does the Oba of Benin give somebody Lagos if Lagos is not part of his Empire?

So please, although Lagos is located in South West Nigeria, it is a serious discredit to call it Yoruba Land: it's a uniquely multi-cultural place with a complex history where many Nigerians can be said to be indigenes. This is not Ife or Oyo - undisputedly Yoruba cities, but a once forlorn beach that has seen waves of immigration and control over the millennia: settled in part by Aworis* - and to a lesser extent Ekiti - (running from war in the Yoruba hinterlands), and settled in parts by the Edos (empire expansion/trade). More recently (over two centuries) it has seen Portuguese, British, Brazilian, Igbo settlers.

1. its two names: Eko (Edo language) and Lagos (Portuguese language) are decidedly not of Yoruba origin (does it even have an originally Yoruba name?)

* Authoritative sources (e.g. the current Oba of Lagos) have stated that the Awori people, though found in Ile-Ife, are actually Binis who followed their self-exiled Prince, the first son of the Ogiso (now called Oba) of Benin Kingdom to Ife.

Shut up, jealous soul

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari In Lagos: A Great Day For Lagos State And Lagosians (Photos) by deomelo: 9:53pm On Mar 29, 2018
ipobarecriminals:
[ grin sad sad cool lipsrsealed grin grin grin undecidedu'll not make heaven with disabilities pictures I swear down. I Don laff,bone dey pain me.chai! see Air Ambulance

They say they are the richest, smartest,most industrious and they are better than the rest of Nigeria, but everything about them says poor, Stone age and backward.

It's is the only place on the surface of the earth where you see state governors commissioning borehole and keke ambulance

grin...

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Buhari In Lagos: A Great Day For Lagos State And Lagosians (Photos) by nextstep(m): 9:55pm On Mar 29, 2018
dataking:

Shut up, jealous soul

Hah hah... this is your counter argument? By not bringing facts to the table? Thruth: Oyo or Ife have no claim to Lagos.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari In Lagos: A Great Day For Lagos State And Lagosians (Photos) by tribalistseun: 10:02pm On Mar 29, 2018
deomelo:

3 distinguished senators representing Lagos; Senator Oluremi Tinubu, Senator Ashafa and Senator Olamikekan Adeola

Eko o ni baje o..

grin grin grin
even a foool know that Lagos State is a no mans land. It's own by igbos 70%
Re: President Buhari In Lagos: A Great Day For Lagos State And Lagosians (Photos) by deomelo: 10:06pm On Mar 29, 2018
nextstep:

Hah hah... this is your counter argument? By not bringing facts to the table? Thruth: Oyo or Ife have no claim to Lagos.

Funny when Igbos label their ignorant rubbish facts... grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari In Lagos: A Great Day For Lagos State And Lagosians (Photos) by deomelo: 10:07pm On Mar 29, 2018
tribalistseun:
even a foool know that Lagos State is a no mans land. It's own by igbos 70%

Comedian. grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari In Lagos: A Great Day For Lagos State And Lagosians (Photos) by OjomaBrown: 10:08pm On Mar 29, 2018
All hail..... Lagos State ,Wow I'm impressed .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Buhari In Lagos: A Great Day For Lagos State And Lagosians (Photos) by fucktoto: 10:11pm On Mar 29, 2018
boooohari is a bloodthirsty foooolani terrorist. there was nothing great today about the dullard's visit.

thunder scatter boooohari and all his bmcOWS insha allaaauwabaaaa amin!
Re: President Buhari In Lagos: A Great Day For Lagos State And Lagosians (Photos) by lagosrd: 10:19pm On Mar 29, 2018
Earthquake1:
A president of a country like Nigeria went to Lagos to commission a bus terminal after 3 Years in government and you are not ashamed?

They won't be ashamed because they are all clu.......ss
Re: President Buhari In Lagos: A Great Day For Lagos State And Lagosians (Photos) by deomelo: 10:23pm On Mar 29, 2018
When you say Lagos is no man's look at the picture below and let the meaning sink into your ignorant skull.

The owners are in the same picture below.

And for our ipob friends, Lagos State as a SW state and a member of the SWGF and member of Odua group is sending membership funds, fees and resources to develop SW states, including Osun, Ekiti, Oyo, Ondo and ogun State.

Igbos, your tax money in Lagos is developing Osun state. Think about it.

. grin grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari In Lagos: A Great Day For Lagos State And Lagosians (Photos) by deomelo: 10:25pm On Mar 29, 2018
lagosrd:

They won't be ashamed because they are all clu.......ss

In sane societies, they call it bus Terminal, but in ipob village, they it call it motor park.

grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari In Lagos: A Great Day For Lagos State And Lagosians (Photos) by Davidson5(m): 10:27pm On Mar 29, 2018
saggis:

Ogbomosho,Ibadan, Ife, Ondo are Youruba lands. Lagos is not. No matter how loud you shout it.

That bus terminal is located at Ikeja. I can bet you that over 70% of the people that will use it are non-Yoruba Lagosians.

Lagos is a Nigerian city. Ditto Abuja.
cry grin e dey pain am.
Lagos is yorubalnd. Ditto tongue

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari In Lagos: A Great Day For Lagos State And Lagosians (Photos) by Biety: 10:29pm On Mar 29, 2018
nextstep:

lies all over your post.

As a yoruba man, i've never debated the ownership of lagos with you nonindegenes before because i know there is nothing that can stop lagos from being yoruba land.
Aworis, ijebus and eguns are aborigines of lagos, and these three are yoruba subgroups.
Edos or whatever you call yourselves have no inheritance in lagos as you are not among the three aborigines of lagos.
And concerning the statement you are crediting to OBA Akiolu, He never said lagos belongs to Benin, useless and coveteous people who are jealous of yoruba sucess in lagos did.
The monarch had debunked the statement many times, he granted an interview around december last year and told journalists that I NEVER SAID LAGOS DOES NOT BELONG TO YORUBA. Meaning he believes that lagos is yoruba land.
friend, no sane yoruba would like to enter into a debate with you concerning lagos ownership cos we know the land is our heritage.
Lagos is yoruba land and yoruba land is lagos.

LAGOS IS ANCESTRAL LAND OF EGUNS, IJEBUS AND AWORIS.
these three groups are yorubas.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari In Lagos: A Great Day For Lagos State And Lagosians (Photos) by gtrust: 10:31pm On Mar 29, 2018
They tried but Lagos can do better!
You can't compare "yourself" with "another"!
You should compare yourself with yourself!!!

Now, what's the current population of Lagos state?
In terms of CURRENT crowd control, how will that Ikeja bus terminal perform??
What about in 5 years?? or 10 years ??
That is just one index oh (crowd control)

I like the effort!
Them tried but...

Nedfed:

Not bad?
Tell me that governor who as made a better achievement that Ambode?
Always celebrate gud tins
Re: President Buhari In Lagos: A Great Day For Lagos State And Lagosians (Photos) by lexy2014: 10:49pm On Mar 29, 2018
deomelo:
[s][/s]

no yawa.feel free 2 call me any name u want but just help answer d following questions:

"How was this a great day?was it buhari that built d bus stop?if buhari didnt commision d bus stop will it not function?all d things u showcased, which one did buhari provide?"
Re: President Buhari In Lagos: A Great Day For Lagos State And Lagosians (Photos) by HeavenShield: 10:50pm On Mar 29, 2018
We From the Niger-Delta, congratulate without Bias what we have seen in LAGOS..Eko o ni baje o..we are happy with the level of progress and developmental mindset the people of Lagos have allowed. Thank you for being a model of development and 1st in Nigeria..we are happy for Lagos state.
The Land is Blessed.

But i must quick to reiterate..to other states..ALLOW DEVELOPMENT..THINK CREATIVELY, THINK FOR YOURSELVES..BUILD HUMAN CAPACITY (Bill Gates stressed) IN YOUR PEOPLE..HARNESSED ALL YOUR RESOURCES..RAISED THE STANDARDS..DON'T RESIST DEVELOPMENT..and 1 thing i see in Lagos, they don't resist development.

FOR LEADERS OF other STATES- MINISTERS, SENATORS AND MHR..COME HOME, SIT WITH YOUR GOVERNOR, think about YOUR PEOPLE, BUILD YOUR COMMUNITIES..

PLAY LESS or NO POLITICS WITH DEVELOPMENT..

ALLOW GOD!!!

GOD BLESS LAGOS STATE,
GOD BLESS AKWA ABASI IBOM..DAKKADA'
GOD BLESS NIGERIA..

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Buhari In Lagos: A Great Day For Lagos State And Lagosians (Photos) by olasco2035: 11:08pm On Mar 29, 2018
Earthquake1:
A president of a country like Nigeria went to Lagos to commission a bus terminal after 3 Years in government and you are not ashamed?
Sharaaaaappppp...i said sharapppppppppp!!!!
U ar pain better go hug transformer..dey invite any of ur family to come and commission it..ist ur commissioning

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Buhari In Lagos: A Great Day For Lagos State And Lagosians (Photos) by Biety: 11:09pm On Mar 29, 2018
prolog2:
Lagos is not and has never been a part of yorubaland.
Lagos is Edo territory.
says nonindegene.

You are fond of calling it no man's or Edo land, but we keep calling its shots everyday.
The law we passed recently is that without having a credit pass in yoruba language, you can't gain admision into any tertiary institution in lagos.
If you like go get credit pass in Edo, igbo, french, Hausa, English or other languages.
Without the yoruba language, no admission for you in any lagos state controlled tertiary institution.

What proof or message do you need again that lagos is odua land.
You laying claim to it, aren't you people even ashamed that you have nothing on ground to support your claim as per the owner of lagos? What we keep seeing everyday is yorubanisation and not Edo..sation of lagos.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Buhari In Lagos: A Great Day For Lagos State And Lagosians (Photos) by nextstep(m): 11:10pm On Mar 29, 2018
dammiecool:

Let's pretend u r correct about eko, pls I want to knew if ojota,ikeja,isolo,amuwo odofin,ikorodu,agege,ikoyi,epe,surulere,mushin,ilupeju,Oshodi,alagbado..e.t.c also belong to d Benin empire

The entire area that encompasses the names you mention are all part of Eko... and so formerly all part of Benin empire. Almost invariably, all these places have interesting names based on their history in the past 200 years or so (which is not that long ago).

Eko - (Edo: war camp)
Ojota - Oju Ota (Yoruba: bullet spots)
Magodo - Ma gun odo (Yoruba: don't count it)
Oshodi - Landuji Oshodi Tapa (Nupe: person's name)
Ikorodu - Eko-Ohordua (Edo: military fort)
Ikoyi - Eko-Oyi (Edo: prison)
Alausa - Abule Hausa (Yoruba+Hausa: that of Hausas)
Ikeja - (Yoruba+English Ikorodu And Epe Joint Administration)
Badagry - (Popo/Dahomey)

There are several accounts that argue the etymology of some these names, so this is not canonical. However, I do submit that the fact that there is controversy implies they are not wholly Yoruba in origin, and the jury is still out.

Funny enough, some places like Surulere, Victoria Island, Lekki, Amuwo Odofin, Festac and most parts of Ikoyi did not actually exist as places to live (they were swamps until reclaimed and then settled in the early 1900s into the present.) It's a bit like Banana Island or Eko Atlantic for people 50 years from now... they won't imagine it was once a swampy part of the lagoon.

(I'm not Bini BTW)

1 Like

Re: President Buhari In Lagos: A Great Day For Lagos State And Lagosians (Photos) by nextstep(m): 11:11pm On Mar 29, 2018
deomelo:

Funny when Igbos label their ignorant rubbish facts... grin

"Ignorant rubbish" is what people use to dismiss sources of enlightenment. grin

1 Like

Re: President Buhari In Lagos: A Great Day For Lagos State And Lagosians (Photos) by wristbangle: 11:19pm On Mar 29, 2018
gypsey:
what kinda Rubbish Ambulance is this? angry
i hope this is a joke Right?

Lol can't u see the obvious? Pictures don't lie tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Femi Adesina: My Daughter Almost Cried When She Read About Me On Social Media / Adams Oshiomhole Declares For Presidency / Peter Obi Set To Tour Nigerian Universities (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.