Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,651 members, 7,823,845 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:25 PM

My Church Members Ruined My Relationship - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Church Members Ruined My Relationship (1671 Views)

ADVICE: My Girlfriend Wants Me To Change My Church / Etisalat Sales Girl Has Put My Relationship in Trouble / Twitter Ruined My Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Church Members Ruined My Relationship by shadrach77: 10:05am On May 06, 2010
Dear Agatha,

I want to commend you for the wonderful job you are doing. I hope you appreciate that you are blessed with a special anointing to help the youths and to heal marriages. Use it wisely and God will never leave you alone. Forget whatever problems you have as a person and give in to His directives. Yours He will solve effortlessly.

I am a single and young pastor in charge of a church in Lagos. I took over the rein when the former pastor resigned to form his church. Despite being single the mother church felt I had what it takes to pastor the branch.

Six months after coming to the branch, I have discovered that a lot of things are very wrong with women generally, and that they are the reasons some pastors backslide.

Immediately it came to the notice of the church that I was unmarried, both young and old women, married and unmarried flocked my office with one problem or the other. The young ladies would come in very transparent clothes and very short skirts. The older ones would come to introduce their nieces or daughters to me.

I have done everything possible to dissuade them, explaining that I have a girlfriend who is in another branch of the church.

When the pressure became too much for me to handle, I appealed to my girlfriend to cross over to our branch. I thought her presence in the church will stop all the unnecessary attentions and pressures I was getting from the women, but to my disappointments, it has only increased the pressure on me as all the women in the church ganged up against my girlfriend.

Honestly, I didn’t know this at first. When my girlfriend started complaining about the problem she was having with them, I dismissed her, accusing her of being too distant and too snobbish for my congregation.

I really got mad with her when the women started coming with one complaint or the other against her. I got scared when two members of our prayer warriors team came with messages concerning her. They came differently to tell me that she has a familiar spirit and that if I married her she would infect my ministry with bad luck. Since I was already having problems with her, I told her to go.

Agatha, I didn’t pray. Not even when she urged me to pray on the day I told her to go. I was really violent that day. For the first time in my adult life, I brutalised a woman. Till date, I still cannot explain what got into me that day.

It is now four months. God has since exposed all that went wrong. I am too ashamed because despite being a pastor, one who is gifted I didn’t see beyond my nose. I don’t know how to handle the situation at all. And now that I have discovered the truth, I don’t know how to go and face her. Agatha, please publish this letter, beg her for me because she reads and respects you a lot. I want her back in my life.

Wale.

http://www.independentngonline.com/DailyIndependent/Article.aspx?id=13026
Re: My Church Members Ruined My Relationship by eridah2007(m): 10:24am On May 06, 2010
shocked undecided
Re: My Church Members Ruined My Relationship by tkb417(m): 10:33am On May 06, 2010
can someone summarise?
Re: My Church Members Ruined My Relationship by daduke2k(m): 10:56am On May 06, 2010
I fink d pastor just wants his gf bak.
Re: My Church Members Ruined My Relationship by Pittbaby(f): 10:01pm On May 07, 2010
wow thats why i shy away from positions in church so much politics in the house of God . I just go to serve and evenagelise as an usher and even with that you will find someone correcting you on how a menial task was not correctly done. I just swallow it an remember I am serving God.

But this is really sad the all out assault on a couple
Re: My Church Members Ruined My Relationship by bayor48(m): 12:15am On May 08, 2010
Seat her down,HEART TO HEART TALK,make her understand she's the one you love,make her understand she's indispensible to you in any aspect,make her realised how pleasurable is to love and be loved.as soon as you've reconsign with her,if truly you are ready for marriage,marry her, i think that wil erase or reduce the temptation of your church members.GOOD LUCK.

(1) (Reply)

Is Living At Home With Parents Such A Turn Off For Dating Someone? / Facebook: Likes And Dislikes Even Regrets / Men Are The Craziest Animal On Earth.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.