Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,951 members, 7,814,226 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:25 AM

Xbox Or Playstation? - Gaming (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Xbox Or Playstation? (34864 Views)

Xbox Or Playstation / 9mobile Streaming Pack On Xbox Or Pc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Xbox Or Playstation? by vickzdvipe(m): 10:36pm On Apr 01, 2018
koice:

I don't know enough about programming but I know that there are 6 programming languages for game development, and they are
- C++
- Java
- HTML5
- CSS3
- JavaScript
- SQL

Now, I don't know what all these mean, but even my layman brain knows that proficiency in English language is not required.
Just to correct a notion, HTML5, CSS3 ain't programming languages. HTML5 is a markup language and CSS3 is used for styling web pages.

2 Likes

Re: Xbox Or Playstation? by cao(f): 10:37pm On Apr 01, 2018
oyb:

chew on that . . peasant tongue tongue tongue

Steam with their infamously fantastic sales and indie devs that know how to give away keys like crazy...Plus, PC games are actually known to be cheaper than their console counterparts. So the peasant talk is always funny, when piracy is actually higher on the PC front. Now, if you were doing the peasant talk for hardware, then you'd be on fire. Since, all those beast mode gaming PCs with all the colourful lights, water and stuff are expensive.

5 Likes

Re: Xbox Or Playstation? by sirfee(m): 10:47pm On Apr 01, 2018
micariice:
When it comes to picking one them I will go with XBOX and I play both of them in real life and am one of their game developer
Xbox anyday anytime
Re: Xbox Or Playstation? by Nobody: 10:52pm On Apr 01, 2018
cao:

Steam with their infamously fantastic sales and indie devs that know how to give away keys like crazy...Plus, PC games are actually known to be cheaper than their console counterparts. So the peasant talk is always funny, when piracy is actually higher on the PC front. Now, if you were doing the peasant talk for hardware, then you'd be on fire. Since, all those beast mode gaming PCs with all the colourful lights, water and stuff are expensive.

thats why we are the master race , peasant!!

all we have to do is wait a little, and then we get the AAA titles at half price with all the bugs fixed tongue
then we get to put in all the fantastic fan made mods that take the experience to the next level
we then get to play them on i7s with 16gb ram and 1070s cheesy cheesy cheesy

tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

and on top of that, our bedroom game is on point too

we beat your asses on FPS [mouse and keyboard beats controllers] and we beat your asses at laying down pipe

dirty console limp deeks tongue tongue tongue tongue grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Xbox Or Playstation? by Thegamingorca(m): 10:54pm On Apr 01, 2018
cao:

Games aside? You've got jokes. We're talking about gaming consoles and you say games aside. You try. grin Na wa-o you're proper Xboy. Just like when they kept talking about tv this tv that during E3. Games aside... grin I just dey laugh you.

Ah yes they unveiled the 2018 porsche at e3

grin
Re: Xbox Or Playstation? by Thegamingorca(m): 10:56pm On Apr 01, 2018
oyb:

all we have to do is wait a little, and then we get the AAA titles at half price with all the bugs fixed tongue
then we get to put in all the fantastic fan made mods that take the experience to the next level

we beat your asses on FPS [mouse and keyboard beats controllers] and we beat your asses at laying down pipe

I think your son is crying

2 Likes

Re: Xbox Or Playstation? by cao(f): 10:57pm On Apr 01, 2018
oyb:

**yawns** you're trying too hard.
Re: Xbox Or Playstation? by cao(f): 10:59pm On Apr 01, 2018
Thegamingorca:

Ah yes they unveiled the 2018 porsche at e3

grin
But that car in their area during last year's EGX was fine. **give me a sec to find the pic I took**

UPDATE:
Found it. If this was a Mini, I'd have turned it into a proper photoshoot. Like several guys did.

Re: Xbox Or Playstation? by HausaOverlord: 11:01pm On Apr 01, 2018
Some of you are funny sha, comparing Xbox exclusives to the ps, wic kain weed una dey smoke
Re: Xbox Or Playstation? by Thegamingorca(m): 11:03pm On Apr 01, 2018
oyb:

chew on that . . peasant tongue tongue tongue

The culling of the cows grin

You milk cows in games now? grin
Re: Xbox Or Playstation? by Thegamingorca(m): 11:04pm On Apr 01, 2018
cao:

But that car in their area during last year's EGX was fine. **give me a sec to find the pic I took**
grin
Re: Xbox Or Playstation? by TheBulusNotes(m): 11:05pm On Apr 01, 2018
lestat:

You talk.lole a tout

I have all.these games you mentioned except the ps4 exclusives

I own ps4 slim ps4 pro , xboxone s.2.cobsoles , xboxome.x , ps3 slim , ps3 super slim, xbox360

For Nigeria the xboxone.is a better console

Why? The xboxlive store . I own over 75 games ony xboxone s and all are digital.copoes , Nigerian atl.cards work on xboxlibe and there are regular deals like for now FIFA 28 is 7k on the Xbox store.

You can.plug an external.hsrdrrive to your xboxone for more space
The controller is better and the online community is way better

Very true

There is no psn in Nigeria
Re: Xbox Or Playstation? by Thegamingorca(m): 11:07pm On Apr 01, 2018
TheBulusNotes:

Very true

There is no psn in Nigeria

Cos naija is a shiit hole.

That doesn't stop me from using psn us accounts or UK accounts.

Stop being lazy and uninformed.

Nigerian gamers are still on the psn grid
Re: Xbox Or Playstation? by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 11:11pm On Apr 01, 2018
princemillla:
I av one xbox 360 up to dash out
can I have it bro?
Re: Xbox Or Playstation? by Nobody: 11:13pm On Apr 01, 2018
Thegamingorca:

I think your son is crying

na, he's asleep. his brother is downstairs watching a movie.
Re: Xbox Or Playstation? by yinkeys(m): 11:15pm On Apr 01, 2018
Actually none, just gimme the money.
Outgrown games
Played loads of games and consoles for like 20 years.
Re: Xbox Or Playstation? by Nobody: 11:18pm On Apr 01, 2018
princemillla:
baba abeg i still dey 08066291238 or make i call u
Re: Xbox Or Playstation? by sorextee(m): 11:26pm On Apr 01, 2018
I no wan bliv say Na girl analyze these whole thing. Im still in shook. Im sure u go sabi score freekick for Fifa. One of d most difficult task for me. Although Na me no put head learn am sha. Nice write up sha. But i dey suspect say u be guy.

cao:
PlayStation. Better exclusives and their willingness to trust their first party devs. Xbox shot itself in the foot a long time ago with their silly pre-launch antics - 1984 steez online check in, DRM, forced Kinect ownership & that silly attempt to destroy the used market. Some folks have forgotten, some of us remember clearly. They pulled a 180, but that initial hubris cost them greatly. The fact that their then head had the audacity to say "we have a console for that, it's the Xbox 360" when asked about the then purposed online check in and how it would affect those who played offline.

Xbox continues to shoot itself in the foot with the Xbox Play Anywhere feature, games sell platforms (especially exclusives), it always has, it always will. As much as I'll commend them for not forcing you to buy the same game on different platforms, it actually doesn't give you a reason to get an Xbox One console. For example, you want to play Horizon Zero Dawn? You can only play it on PS4. You want to play Breath of the Wilds? Get yourself a Nintendo Switch. You want to play Cuphead? Nah mate, I don't need an Xbox One, I can just play it on my PC.

In fact, the only really good thing that XO beats PS4 is backwards compatibility. Hands down, no question. All this talk of the most powerful console is just yarns. Graphics is not the be all and end all. The XOX didn't even make me want an XO, they kept going on about powerful this and that, but didn't talk about the games. Then, they started talking about native 4K, so? If somebody serves you the best looking s**t, it's still s**t. I'm surprised nobody tried to advertise guaranteed 60 FPS with all these half interation consoles, Bearing in mind, I never really notice the difference unless it drops significantly (y'all need to calm your tits, films are shown at 24 FPS, you didn't break, so chill). Remember, the Wii outsold the hell out of PS3 & the 360. I don't recall the Switch yammering on about 4K.

Xbox needs to step out of their comfort zone, with respect to their first party devs, they can't keep living on Halo & Gears of War. The cancellation of Scalebound still kills me and I don't even own the bloody console. Granted, they did try to do something interesting with Quantum Break, which broke (I couldn't help myself), Cuphead (old school video games with their wahala & the satisfaction it brings when you've conquered them) and Sunset Overdrive (this is honestly the reason I actually wanted an XO, see games not graphics, it just seems like a fun game). They seriously need more variety, their two go to games are first person shooters in space that revolutionised the genre, but are getting stale. I may not own an XO, but I do know folks at work who do and they won't shut up about how disappointed they're with Halo.
Re: Xbox Or Playstation? by sorextee(m): 11:27pm On Apr 01, 2018
Shes really a she? Omg. Let me edit what I wrote earlier.

samsard:
She's the gaming section moderator!
Re: Xbox Or Playstation? by TheBulusNotes(m): 11:27pm On Apr 01, 2018
Thegamingorca:

Cos naija is a shiit hole.

That doesn't stop me from using psn us accounts or UK accounts.

Stop being lazy and uninformed.

Nigerian gamers are still on the psn grid

Enter XBOX Live you will see difference

Even everyone knows xbl>psn......

There is xbl in Nigeria, and games are even. Cheaper...

Imagine a ps4 game. Of. 23k is 9k on xbl

And xbl charges in naira at a very discounted rate like pc games

PS4 just have exclusives
Xb1 just have hardware and xbl

PC makes games for. Both consoles so pc is god
Re: Xbox Or Playstation? by cao(f): 11:38pm On Apr 01, 2018
sorextee:
I no wan bliv say Na girl analyze these whole thing. Im still in shook. Im sure u go sabi score freekick for Fifa. One of d most difficult task for me. Although Na me no put head learn am sha. Nice write up sha. But i dey suspect say u be guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hs1ryUiLLXU
Since I'm too lazy to repeat myself, here's me trying to sing while watching Mercy doing the hustle. I wonder if I'll ever go back to playing Overwatch?
Re: Xbox Or Playstation? by romme2u: 11:47pm On Apr 01, 2018
Ishilove:

Second picture is so GAY angry

undecided

are you homophobic?
Re: Xbox Or Playstation? by romme2u: 11:49pm On Apr 01, 2018
embarassed

i can see this place is for those with Gold and Diamond spoons

1 Like

Re: Xbox Or Playstation? by XploraBen(m): 12:17am On Apr 02, 2018
princemillla:
I'm interested...how do I get in touch with you?
Re: Xbox Or Playstation? by geezynoni: 12:40am On Apr 02, 2018
cao:
PlayStation. Better exclusives and their willingness to trust their first party devs. Xbox shot itself in the foot a long time ago with their silly pre-launch antics - 1984 steez online check in, DRM, forced Kinect ownership & that silly attempt to destroy the used market. Some folks have forgotten, some of us remember clearly. They pulled a 180, but that initial hubris cost them greatly. The fact that their then head had the audacity to say "we have a console for that, it's the Xbox 360" when asked about the then purposed online check in and how it would affect those who played offline.

Xbox continues to shoot itself in the foot with the Xbox Play Anywhere feature, games sell platforms (especially exclusives), it always has, it always will. As much as I'll commend them for not forcing you to buy the same game on different platforms, it actually doesn't give you a reason to get an Xbox One console. For example, you want to play Horizon Zero Dawn? You can only play it on PS4. You want to play Breath of the Wilds? Get yourself a Nintendo Switch. You want to play Cuphead? Nah mate, I don't need an Xbox One, I can just play it on my PC.

In fact, the only really good thing that XO beats PS4 is backwards compatibility. Hands down, no question. All this talk of the most powerful console is just yarns. Graphics is not the be all and end all. The XOX didn't even make me want an XO, they kept going on about powerful this and that, but didn't talk about the games. Then, they started talking about native 4K, so? If somebody serves you the best looking s**t, it's still s**t. I'm surprised nobody tried to advertise guaranteed 60 FPS with all these half interation consoles, Bearing in mind, I never really notice the difference unless it drops significantly (y'all need to calm your tits, films are shown at 24 FPS, you didn't break, so chill). Remember, the Wii outsold the hell out of PS3 & the 360. I don't recall the Switch yammering on about 4K.

Xbox needs to step out of their comfort zone, with respect to their first party devs, they can't keep living on Halo & Gears of War. The cancellation of Scalebound still kills me and I don't even own the bloody console. Granted, they did try to do something interesting with Quantum Break, which broke (I couldn't help myself), Cuphead (old school video games with their wahala & the satisfaction it brings when you've conquered them) and Sunset Overdrive (this is honestly the reason I actually wanted an XO, see games not graphics, it just seems like a fun game). They seriously need more variety, their two go to games are first person shooters in space that revolutionised the genre, but are getting stale. I may not own an XO, but I do know folks at work who do and they won't shut up about how disappointed they're with Halo.

A female that knows so much about games.. Cool
Re: Xbox Or Playstation? by edicied: 12:41am On Apr 02, 2018
cao:

Will you marry me?...............................LOL Just kidding! grin
Re: Xbox Or Playstation? by lexander(m): 1:25am On Apr 02, 2018
Thegamingorca:
Xbox is so useless that consumers need to stop calling it a console.

I stand with playstation

Cao this ftp shout-out goes out to you grin grin

And to finally shut up the guyz quoting me about xbox being better. Pls, go to your nearest market and see if you can find any of the xbox equivalent of these ps4 games grin (I dare any of you to look for them let alone buy them at cost effective prices compared to the ps4 prices)

If you haven't seen or played any of these games on your xbox console, ogbeni you have no right to even show face.

Xbox is a dead console and that's a fact.
Actually all those games are on xbox except for ps exclusive titles like God of war and also xbox has its own exclusive titles as well halo killer instinct Please do a proper research dont spread false information.
Re: Xbox Or Playstation? by zoeA: 1:36am On Apr 02, 2018
koice:
Who still games with console? PC gaming is where it's at.
Hi what's the best configuration for pc that make a good gaming pc?
Re: Xbox Or Playstation? by whitebeard(m): 2:13am On Apr 02, 2018
Thegamingorca:
Xbox is so useless that consumers need to stop calling it a console.

I stand with playstation

Cao this ftp shout-out goes out to you grin grin

And to finally shut up the guyz quoting me about xbox being better. Pls, go to your nearest market and see if you can find any of the xbox equivalent of these ps4 games grin (I dare any of you to look for them let alone buy them at cost effective prices compared to the ps4 prices)

If you haven't seen or played any of these games on your xbox console, ogbeni you have no right to even show face.

Xbox is a dead console and that's a fact.
guy how far which state u dey howuch he the battlefield hardline.
Re: Xbox Or Playstation? by HyDef(m): 2:27am On Apr 02, 2018
Xbox.

I am past the age where I mindlessly hate on a console because of my loyalty to the other. If I had the money, I'd get both. I am however biased towards the Xbox.

My first console after the N64 was the Xbox, and it served me and my brothers very well. 4 players straight out the box, and Halo 2. Bought in 2003, it's still alive and kicking, though it's been softmodded, and the hard drive is dying. A lot of my best gaming experiences were on the Xbox, so I've got to go with them.

I have no hate for Sony or the Playstation, however, my first experience with a Sony console was terrible. The PS2 Slim I had came with a couple of games, most notably The Force Unleashed, which I really enjoyed. However, the memory card formula was terrible, and as a result, I had to beat the game after about 6 straight hours seeing as I didn't have one. What really annoyed me however was the fact the stupid thing stopped working after what was probably 6 months. Laser problem or something.
A pretty console, but it really didn't hold up.

Nowadays however, I don't have any of the latest consoles, nor do I know anything about the current exclusives on either, and if I was to pick I'd actually go Switch, but between the contenders here, it's Xbox for me based on history. I'm familiar with their franchises in Halo, Gears, and Forza.
Plus, the Xbox One S controller I use is fabulous.

3 Likes

Re: Xbox Or Playstation? by Thegamingorca(m): 2:44am On Apr 02, 2018
lexander:

Actually all those games are on xbox except for ps exclusive titles like God of war and also xbox has its own exclusive titles as well halo killer instinct Please do a proper research dont spread false information.

Shut up
Re: Xbox Or Playstation? by Thegamingorca(m): 2:46am On Apr 02, 2018
whitebeard:
guy how far which state u dey howuch he the battlefield hardline.

None of them is for sale

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

What Is Your Highest Score In Subway Surfers? / FaZe Censor & Yanet Garcia Break Up So He Could Focus More On Video Games / Whot! - Card Game

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.