Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,852 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:48 AM

Xbox Or Playstation? - Gaming (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Xbox Or Playstation? (34789 Views)

Xbox Or Playstation / 9mobile Streaming Pack On Xbox Or Pc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Xbox Or Playstation? by HyDef(m): 8:27pm On Apr 02, 2018
cao:

Damn my PS2 slim still works. Sorry that soured your PS2 ex perience. HyDef came in with the proper mature talk, thanks for that. XO controller was not made for my hands at all at all. The original Xbox controller is way too big. Like I always say, XO controllers were made for ham fisted people. If I've had a particularly stressfull day at work with a trigger friendly XO title, my fingers (especially my pinkies) will be on fire. Controller wise, the PS3 was king, my fingers fit nicely on everything.

This thread belongs to the trolls now. cry

I had fun with it while it lasted. Nowadays, I'm more about the games than the console anyway, and it seems my experience was more of an exception than a rule.

I find it strange that you find the Xbox controller large. The original Xbox 'Duke' controller (2nd on the bottom) was absolutely horrible in that regard, I don't know who thought that size was a good idea, but they also had the Xbox S controller (3rd from the bottom) in that generation, which is about the size of the current models and was quite nice.
Maybe my hands are bigger than I think... I do prefer the thumbstick layout, but maybe that's just because I got used to it first. However, I am fine with the Dualshock controllers except for those triggers! I wasn't comfortable with them on the DS3, my fingers kept slipping. I'd prefer if they were concave.
However, sorry for the torture Microsoft has put you through. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Xbox Or Playstation? by whitebeard(m): 1:42am On Apr 03, 2018
Thegamingorca:

None of them is for sale
respect..! Do u play the online mode of hard-line.
Re: Xbox Or Playstation? by Thegamingorca(m): 1:46am On Apr 03, 2018
whitebeard:
respect..! Do u play the online mode of hard-line.

No
Re: Xbox Or Playstation? by whitebeard(m): 1:51am On Apr 03, 2018
Thegamingorca:

No
why..!
Re: Xbox Or Playstation? by Thegamingorca(m): 3:32am On Apr 03, 2018
whitebeard:
why..!

Bad network in my state.
Re: Xbox Or Playstation? by whitebeard(m): 11:24am On Apr 03, 2018
Thegamingorca:

Bad network in my state.

wow..guy seriously u have my respect..
Re: Xbox Or Playstation? by Differentkaro: 4:30pm On Apr 03, 2018
optimusprime2:

Not just in Nigeria, it's a well known fact that Xbox has a poor game library compared to PS.

You cannot call over 2k available games poor

You are probably not going to play more that 20 at most

1 Like

Re: Xbox Or Playstation? by HausaOverlord: 2:03pm On Apr 04, 2018
Differentkaro:

You cannot call over 2k available games poor

You are probably not going to play more that 20 at most
their roaster still can't match what Sony is offering
Re: Xbox Or Playstation? by IAmSkinny: 9:18pm On Apr 04, 2018
princemillla:
I av one xbox 360 up to dash out
Say wha? Make I come collect?
Re: Xbox Or Playstation? by joesmarty(m): 11:02pm On Apr 04, 2018
Albert0011:
I will choose PlayStation any day any time...Xbox too get wahala abeg,so many buttons to confuse u.

LOL.
Re: Xbox Or Playstation? by cao(f): 10:06am On Apr 05, 2018
Re: Xbox Or Playstation? by HausaOverlord: 2:10pm On Apr 05, 2018

1 Like

Re: Xbox Or Playstation? by GamerNaija: 6:51pm On Apr 05, 2018
micariice:
When it comes to picking one them I will go with XBOX and I play both of them in real life and am one of their game developer
Do game shops in nigeria use mostly ps than xbox?
Re: Xbox Or Playstation? by essence1: 1:07pm On Apr 06, 2018
cao:
PlayStation. Better exclusives and their willingness to trust their first party devs. Xbox shot itself in the foot a long time ago with their silly pre-launch antics - 1984 steez online check in, DRM, forced Kinect ownership & that silly attempt to destroy the used market. Some folks have forgotten, some of us remember clearly. They pulled a 180, but that initial hubris cost them greatly. The fact that their then head had the audacity to say "we have a console for that, it's the Xbox 360" when asked about the then purposed online check in and how it would affect those who played offline.

Xbox continues to shoot itself in the foot with the Xbox Play Anywhere feature, games sell platforms (especially exclusives), it always has, it always will. As much as I'll commend them for not forcing you to buy the same game on different platforms, it actually doesn't give you a reason to get an Xbox One console. For example, you want to play Horizon Zero Dawn? You can only play it on PS4. You want to play Breath of the Wilds? Get yourself a Nintendo Switch. You want to play Cuphead? Nah mate, I don't need an Xbox One, I can just play it on my PC.

In fact, the only really good thing that XO beats PS4 is backwards compatibility. Hands down, no question. All this talk of the most powerful console is just yarns. Graphics is not the be all and end all. The XOX didn't even make me want an XO, they kept going on about powerful this and that, but didn't talk about the games. Then, they started talking about native 4K, so? If somebody serves you the best looking s**t, it's still s**t. I'm surprised nobody tried to advertise guaranteed 60 FPS with all these half interation consoles, Bearing in mind, I never really notice the difference unless it drops significantly (y'all need to calm your tits, films are shown at 24 FPS, you didn't break, so chill). Remember, the Wii outsold the hell out of PS3 & the 360. I don't recall the Switch yammering on about 4K.

Xbox needs to step out of their comfort zone, with respect to their first party devs, they can't keep living on Halo & Gears of War. The cancellation of Scalebound still kills me and I don't even own the bloody console. Granted, they did try to do something interesting with Quantum Break, which broke (I couldn't help myself), Cuphead (old school video games with their wahala & the satisfaction it brings when you've conquered them) and Sunset Overdrive (this is honestly the reason I actually wanted an XO, see games not graphics, it just seems like a fun game). They seriously need more variety, their two go to games are first person shooters in space that revolutionised the genre, but are getting stale. I may not own an XO, but I do know folks at work who do and they won't shut up about how disappointed they're with Halo.

Hello please if I need to buy a PlayStation(actually a family friend wants to buy for my kids) what should he consider before buying. I don't know anything about it, and he too doesn't

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xbox Or Playstation? by Abduletudaye(m): 2:20pm On Apr 06, 2018
Whats the best alternatives to all these consoles sef?

As per buget and smaller size(mobile)?
Re: Xbox Or Playstation? by Abduletudaye(m): 2:21pm On Apr 06, 2018
essence1:

Hello please if I need to buy a PlayStation(actually a family friend wants to buy for my kids) what should he consider before buying. I don't know anything about it, and he too doesn't

A ps4 wont be bad..

The person should just goto a reputable shop/mall to gerrit
Re: Xbox Or Playstation? by essence1: 8:29pm On Apr 06, 2018
Abduletudaye:

A ps4 wont be bad..

The person should just goto a reputable shop/mall to gerrit
Ok thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Xbox Or Playstation? by cao(f): 9:50pm On Apr 06, 2018
essence1:
Ok thanks
Plus, if they're going to play online multiplayer, they'll need a PS+ subscription. They need to make sure they buy the right one for the right region. E.g. Since my account is a UK one, I get a UK PS+ sub. Unfortunately, they isn't a PSN Nigeria, most folks on here usually use a PSN US account. I'm sure someone on here could help with that.
Re: Xbox Or Playstation? by Mckandre(m): 4:16pm On Apr 07, 2018
cao:

Plus, if they're going to play online multiplayer, they'll need a PS+ subscription. They need to make sure they buy the right one for the right region. E.g. Since my account is a UK one, I get a UK PS+ sub. Unfortunately, they isn't a PSN Nigeria, most folks on here usually use a PSN US account. I'm sure someone on here could help with that.
lol, u just confused the fellow a hell more
Re: Xbox Or Playstation? by micariice(m): 1:28am On Apr 09, 2018
Playstation are trying their best,I have been working on xbox 360 new game
Re: Xbox Or Playstation? by cao(f): 8:26am On Apr 09, 2018
micariice:
Playstation are trying their best,I have been working on xbox 360 new game
They appear to be more than trying, they're doing their best.
Re: Xbox Or Playstation? by cao(f): 8:26am On Apr 09, 2018
Mckandre:
lol, u just confused the fellow a hell more
Probably.
Re: Xbox Or Playstation? by Cbaby: 12:37pm On Apr 11, 2018
Hello guys. I also love games. I have an Xbox 360 and really enjoyed the controller and looking forward to get Xbox one S during Black Friday. PS has wonderful exclusives like God of War , Yakuza, Ni no Kuni , Persona series etc. I love Xbox community, hence reason I would buy an Xbox. Please I want to get a brand new PS3 cos there are games I missed out on like Uncharted 1 and 3, Ni no Kuni 1 etc. Some PS3 are advertised on Jumia and Konga but I doubt they are brand new.
I have a PS4 too but am waiting to buy complete editions of games like Horizon Zero Dawn and Witcher 3 also that of God of War when it comes out with the complete edition.
As for the person willing to dash his Xbox 360 away, LOL, I felt the sameway for months on Xbox 360 but just got good titles on it.
Re: Xbox Or Playstation? by Thegamingorca(m): 2:13am On Apr 14, 2018
Cbaby:
Hello guys. I also love games. I have an Xbox 360 and really enjoyed the controller and looking forward to get Xbox one S during Black Friday. PS has wonderful exclusives like God of War , Yakuza, Ni no Kuni , Persona series etc. I love Xbox community, hence reason I would buy an Xbox. Please I want to get a brand new PS3 cos there are games I missed out on like Uncharted 1 and 3, Ni no Kuni 1 etc. Some PS3 are advertised on Jumia and Konga but I doubt they are brand new.
I have a PS4 too but am waiting to buy complete editions of games like Horizon Zero Dawn and Witcher 3 also that of God of War when it comes out with the complete edition.
As for the person willing to dash his Xbox 360 away, LOL, I felt the sameway for months on Xbox 360 but just got good titles on it.

Ok
Re: Xbox Or Playstation? by lippincott(m): 11:57pm On Apr 14, 2018
princemillla:
I av one xbox 360 up to dash out
boss.. I need game o. shey make I come collect
Re: Xbox Or Playstation? by spoilerx: 11:19am On Apr 15, 2018
Xbox
Re: Xbox Or Playstation? by Nobody: 9:51pm On Apr 22, 2018
https://v.redd.it/1zgoarvrggt01

Xbox redditors gushing about GOW ....on ps4 .

Even they know .

I will still get an Xbox tho ...bcz backwards compatibility and gears of war .
Re: Xbox Or Playstation? by Thegamingorca(m): 10:06pm On Apr 22, 2018
tobianthony:
https://v.redd.it/1zgoarvrggt01

Xbox redditors gushing about GOW ....on ps4 .

Even they know .

I will still get an Xbox tho ...bcz backwards compatibility and gears of war .

Imagine what dey will say when spiderman comes out

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Call Of Duty Vs. Battlefield: Which Is The Better FPS Game? / What Is Your Highest Score In Subway Surfers? / FaZe Censor & Yanet Garcia Break Up So He Could Focus More On Video Games

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.