Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,733 members, 7,809,817 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:25 PM

Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) - Satellite TV Technology (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) (68844 Views)

How To Connect Several Dishes To A Receiver Using Diseqc Switches / Maximize My Connections - See My 3 Dishes (pix Attached) / Connecting Up To 4 Dishes On One Decoder Using A Diseqc (pauxis) 4x1 switch. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by SULIEMAN3(m): 8:46pm On Oct 13, 2013
goodieuzo: i have finally assemble the 1.8m dish.give me frequncy and how to set my decoder to track arabsat 5c.i have set up my 1.8m dish
select any c band satellite on your receiver and input this tp4055h27500 to track arabsat 5c and this 3964v30000 for irib package.

1 Like

Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by goodieuzo: 11:47am On Oct 14, 2013
thanks man.i tried all night but could not get it.am in portharcourt.please i noticed after coupling the 6 pan that make up the dish together,that the center was open,does it have any effect?can i leave the centre open?
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by rapthugx(m): 5:00pm On Oct 14, 2013
goodieuzo: thanks man.i tried all night but could not get it.am in portharcourt.please i noticed after coupling the 6 pan that make up the dish together,that the center was open,does it have any effect?can i leave the centre open?
It sure does hv a lot of effect. It should have something tht covers it. If it is not there, u shld go back to ur dealer to get it. Maybe gurus here can tell u hw to improvise if u can't get to ur dealer. Cheers.
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by olenyi: 8:00pm On Oct 14, 2013
goodieuzo: thanks man.i tried all night but could not get it.am in portharcourt.please i noticed after coupling the 6 pan that make up the dish together,that the center was open,does it have any effect?can i leave the centre open?

It actually doesnt affect the signal reception. Just make sure your frequency is correct. The dish should face east and should be above multi tv position almost facing the sky.

I hope your dish is well coupled. If it's not to much for you, try uploading the pix of our setup to aid us in directing you.

Regards.
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by SULIEMAN3(m): 10:13pm On Oct 14, 2013
olenyi:

It actually doesnt affect the signal reception. Just make sure your frequency is correct. The dish should face east and should be above multi tv position almost facing the sky.

I hope your dish is well coupled. If it's not to much for you, try uploading the pix of our setup to aid us in directing you.

Regards.
Yes, and that is the actual fact "it does NOT affect the signal at all" @goodieuzo, the only point to be taken note of is to make sure that your lnb is facing the focal point.
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by goodieuzo: 2:12pm On Oct 20, 2013
olenyi:

Regards.

this is the picture of the installation

Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by goodieuzo: 2:18pm On Oct 20, 2013
this is another picture

Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by olenyi: 2:34pm On Oct 20, 2013
goodieuzo:

this is the picture of the installation

[img]http://www.nairaland.com/attachments/1368775_IMG-20131020-00592_jpg1707e29c646186935f3cdb139a60a289[/img]

Looking at the above pix,

1) I don't know if my eye is deceiving me. But it looks like you've not completely coupled the dish. The neck is not well assembled. Kindly get us a closer/clearer picture of the neck assembly.

2) the lnb is inside too much. Bring it out a little bit to the ''36'' marking on the lnb body.

3) can I also get a picture of the inside of the lnb. Will help in directing you on the dielectric placement.

NB: you could look at a neighbours own to assemble the neck.

Regards.
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by jacob2012(m): 8:05pm On Nov 01, 2013
Happy new month my gurus.
After i worked on my motorised, some satellite did nt hit green again.i can only get satellite frm nilerat 7w tru sirius, 7e, 16e, 26,28,to 36 whch is dstv. Am unable to get other satellite down to 68.5 e. Please help me
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by sammu(m): 3:09pm On Nov 02, 2013
@jacob, what kind of work did u carry out on ur dish?.
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by jacob2012(m): 11:13pm On Nov 02, 2013
sammu: @jacob, what kind of work did u carry out on ur dish?.
I lost all the satellite then, i was unable to get acces to any channel. It was then i work on it by during adjustmt. Since then,i ws unable to hit green below dstv downward
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by obnelly: 1:50pm On Nov 06, 2013
You are not on arc.
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by goodieuzo: 5:49pm On Nov 06, 2013
i have still not hit green with this 1.8m dish.am having 2 things in mind now.
1-maybe the focal point is wrong from the supplied three iron
2-maybe the two lnbf i have used is uncapable of hitting green.
therefore can someone help me calculate the approximate focal point from his supermax 1.8m dish let me confirm with what i have and i case of lnbf,i need fuji universal prime focus lnbf to try.thanks
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by sammu(m): 12:36pm On Nov 07, 2013
goodieuzo: i have still not hit green with this 1.8m dish.am having 2 things in mind now.
1-maybe the focal point is wrong from the supplied three iron
2-maybe the two lnbf i have used is uncapable of hitting green.
therefore can someone help me calculate the approximate focal point from his supermax 1.8m dish let me confirm with what i have and i case of lnbf,i need fuji universal prime focus lnbf to try.thanks
where in ph are u? Perhaps i can be of help.
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by goodieuzo: 10:58pm On Nov 07, 2013
i reside at near rumuokwuta.can u send me your yahoo messenger or your facebook id so i can add you
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by Bowofola213: 8:12am On Nov 10, 2013
Plz aw much is jack 4 rotating big dish
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by olenyi: 9:03am On Nov 10, 2013
Bowofola213: Plz aw much is jack 4 rotating big dish

Jack/actuator = #2500

Positioner = #2500

The two go hand in hand.

Regards.
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by Bowofola213: 9:23am On Nov 10, 2013
olenyi:

Jack/actuator = #2500

Positioner = #2500

The two go hand in hand.

Regards.
tank u brother
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by Bowofola213: 9:55am On Nov 10, 2013
olenyi:

Jack/actuator = #2500

Positioner = #2500

The two go hand in hand.

Regards.
plz sir wich product is d best dat i can buy
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by olenyi: 4:26pm On Nov 10, 2013
Bowofola213: plz sir wich product is d best dat i can buy

Superjack 2000

Eurostar.

Just get from a trusted dealer.

Regards.
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by goodieuzo: 1:08pm On Nov 21, 2013
hurray smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley i finally tracked irib with my 1.8m dish yesterday.thanks to all the members that gave me support.sorry SAMMU,for not calling you again when you were in portharcourt,because i want to have the experience of doing it my self.now i have a big experience now in c-band.cos the neck of my dish has been the problem.it is no firm.always shaking.
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by Bowofola213: 2:44pm On Nov 23, 2013
Plz i connected my jack and engine 2gether but d engin is showing 23 but d dish is moving any help plz
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by Bowofola213: 6:12am On Nov 24, 2013
Plz gurus i connected my jack nd positional 2gether but to my suprise wen i press d remote it showin me sumtin like E2 or 23 but d dish is moving smal smal plz wat can i do
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by sammu(m): 4:24pm On Nov 25, 2013
Bowofola213: Plz gurus i connected my jack nd positional 2gether but to my suprise wen i press d remote it showin me sumtin like E2 or 23 but d dish is moving smal smal plz wat can i do
check ur cables. There are four connectors M1 M2 and Sensor 1 Sensor 2 both on jack and positioner. Just connect them M1 on jack to M1 on positioner. Sensor1 on jack to Sensor 1 on positioner and so on.
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by Bowofola213: 6:49am On Nov 26, 2013
sammu:
check ur cables. There are four connectors M1 M2 and Sensor 1 Sensor 2 both on jack and positioner. Just connect them M1 on jack to M1 on positioner. Sensor1 on jack to Sensor 1 on positioner and so on.
stil dsame
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by jacob2012(m): 12:26pm On Jul 29, 2014
My Gurus ''kuina biu'' means how una dey
please sir, my jack refuses to move again. It only move from 68e and stop b4 36e, i remove d black cover i use plier to move it to nilesat, then replaced the cover to use motor,it stop b4 0.8w.
Please what shall i do. Tanx
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by Valto(m): 6:52pm On Aug 27, 2014
goodieuzo: hurray smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley i finally tracked irib with my 1.8m dish yesterday.thanks to all the members that gave me support.sorry SAMMU,for not calling you again when you were in portharcourt,because i want to have the experience of doing it my self.now i have a big experience now in c-band.cos the neck of my dish has been the problem.it is no firm.always shaking.
my guy, i just bought the same super max 1.85cm c-band pole mount dish. I am finding it a bit hard to put together.. Pls can u snap the pictures of the back of the dish and post here for me. I av so far been able to couple as in the below picture

Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by tonididdy(m): 10:16pm On Aug 28, 2014
Valto: my guy, i just bought the same super max 1.85cm c-band pole mount dish. I am finding it a bit hard to put together.. Pls can u snap the pictures of the back of the dish and post here for me. I av so far been able to couple as in the below picture
u mean u bought this mount from the MKT...wow I didntnknow these existed. pls hw much do they cost?
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by tonididdy(m): 10:23pm On Aug 28, 2014
olenyi:

Jack/actuator = #2500

Positioner = #2500

The two go hand in hand.

Regards.
is this all it costs and is needed to make any dish motorable?
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by olenyi: 10:27pm On Aug 28, 2014
tonididdy: is this all it costs and is needed to make any dish motorable?

with a long enough 2-pair telephone wire and a good pole mount dish, yea, that should do it.

Regards.
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by tonididdy(m): 10:36pm On Aug 28, 2014
olenyi:

with a long enough 2-pair telephone wire and a good pole mount dish, yea, that should do it.

Regards.
wow cool...but if I were to motorize a 1.8pan in beni city. what are the goodies available for grabs aside irib?
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by Valto(m): 11:02pm On Aug 28, 2014
tonididdy: u mean u bought this mount from the MKT...wow I didntnknow these existed. pls hw much do they cost?
its comes with the 1.8m supermax dish. i av been able to set it up.. 1.8m *pole mount*dish is scarce in the market. Its sold around 10k at alaba international lag.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

40+ Free Channels- Watch All Nigerian Church Tv Channels / Free Sport Stations 2015 Updated / Mbc2,mbc3,mbc4,mbc Action, Mbc Max,mbc Variety On 26°east.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.