Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:42 AM

Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) - Satellite TV Technology (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) (68878 Views)

How To Connect Several Dishes To A Receiver Using Diseqc Switches / Maximize My Connections - See My 3 Dishes (pix Attached) / Connecting Up To 4 Dishes On One Decoder Using A Diseqc (pauxis) 4x1 switch. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by olenyi: 6:51pm On Jun 29, 2013
jacob2012:
sir,thanx 4ur promp respond.pls if add d 2nd lnb, what satellite would i get & channel.
Happy weekend to u all

angry
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by jacob2012(m): 6:28am On Jul 03, 2013
[quote author=olenyi]
Goodmorning sir,
last week i changed disqset.bc its nt workin well.b4 dat i can only get C band satellite & not Ku
But, now dat i replaced it wth new one, i only get Ku satellite wthout C band again.pls, sir what could be the promblem & possible solutn.
Thanx in advance
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by olenyi: 7:49am On Jul 03, 2013
jacob2012: Goodmorning sir,
last week i changed disqset.bc its nt workin well.b4 dat i can only get C band satellite & not Ku
But, now dat i replaced it wth new one, i only get Ku satellite wthout C band again.pls, sir what could be the promblem & possible solutn.
Thanx in advance

U should select one of the c band channels. Den press menu, ok, enter ur pin (4 zero's) and select dish settings. Den go to Diseqc settings and make sure it corresponds with the port number on the Diseqc where u connected the wire from ur c band lnb.

Regards.
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by jacob2012(m): 9:41am On Jul 03, 2013
olenyi:

U should select one of the c band channels. Den press menu, ok, enter ur pin (4 zero's) and select dish settings.

tanx sir, i got the C band satellite back,after i follow ur instructn.
Gudnite
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by staddos: 9:23pm On Jul 03, 2013
Hi Gurus in the House my ALSAT 400 V box is displaying an error message E-2 which has affected the free movement of the actuator on my 2.4m Eurostar dish.What can I do to rectify this problem or do I have to replace the actuator itself.Please Gurus your advice is seriously needed.
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by olenyi: 10:36pm On Jul 03, 2013
jacob2012:

tanx sir, i got the C band satellite back,after i follow ur instructn.
Gudnite

Pleasure's all mine.

Regards.
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by staddos: 7:47pm On Jul 08, 2013
Hello gurus in the I need help. How do I fix a G box which is display an error message E-2 which has severely limited the movement of the actuator on the dish. Has anybody in the house encountered this problem? What did you do to solve the problem?
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by olenyi: 8:18am On Jul 09, 2013
staddos: Hello gurus in the I need help. How do I fix a G box which is display an error message E-2 which has severely limited the movement of the actuator on the dish. Has anybody in the house encountered this problem? What did you do to solve the problem?

1) Make sure ur wire are well and tightly connected
2) make sure u ppl don't have low voltage from ur mains supply.
3) check dat nothing is holding/obstructing the dish from moving.

If it continues, disconnect the actuator from the dish and try operating it independent of the dish using the ''manual'' buttons. Also check to see if it vibrates when u try moving it.

If the problem persist, then i'll like to know if its been long u last used the jack. If this is the case and it vibrates when u try moving it, then am afraid the motor/gear assembly might have rusted.

Having encouted so many rusted jack motor assemblies, I either take it apart and try salvaging it. Or exchanging the motor assembly with a spare one. Or u get a new one if their's nothing else u can do.

NB: if u are not technically inclined or u don't believe u can handle it, then don't touch it as once the gear system and brush scatters, then that is it for u. cheesy

Regards.
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by staddos: 12:53am On Jul 10, 2013
Thank you Olenyi I will do as you have said and report back to the house.From your answer I get the feeling that I need a spare actuator just in case or serve as replacement parts.
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by olenyi: 7:34am On Jul 10, 2013
staddos: Thank you Olenyi I will do as you have said and report back to the house.From your answer I get the feeling that I need a spare actuator just in case or serve as replacement parts.

No u don't need to go buy a spare. U get it when your's fails, from friends, neighbours, etc. U just keep it in case of a situation like this. Actuators, actually are meant to last for life. Just dat once in a while, it's condition of service makes it vulnerable to damage.

Perform the tests I listed for u and get back to us.

Regards.
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by jacob2012(m): 12:35pm On Jul 10, 2013
@sammu,olenyi,&Suleiman3
I got badar but d MBC CHannels are nt work. Am using 69x
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by olaade21: 8:24pm On Jul 10, 2013
@olenyi,i have been following the threads on FTA with passion and it seems you are the person to call on if i need one installed.
I already have DSTV installed in my home but would like to get the strong 4922A decoder and would like to have you install it or recommend someone that can do a perfect job.
my email is toorich_thang@yahoo.com
Please send me a shout out.You really rock.
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by staddos: 7:51pm On Jul 17, 2013
olenyi:

No u don't need to go buy a spare. U get it when your's fails, from friends, neighbours, etc. U just keep it in case of a situation like this. Actuators, actually are meant to last for life. Just dat once in a while, it's condition of service makes it vulnerable to damage.

Perform the tests I listed for u and get back to us.

Regards.

Thanks Olenyi for your help. After doing all that you requested me to do I still had ER-2 showing on the G box.Finally I had to go for a new actuator (motor). On close examination of the two motor I realised that the inner tube and ball bearing of the old motor was not as firm as the new one I had picked from a friends shop.I suspected the the problem was from the motor. I replaced the motor with a new one and the Error message Er-2 disappeared and the 2.4m pan dish was dancing sweetly from East to West hunting for birds.Keeping the old motor as a back up for its electrical parts.
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by olenyi: 8:17pm On Jul 17, 2013
staddos:

Thanks Olenyi for your help. After doing all that you requested me to do I still had ER-2 showing on the G box.Finally I had to go for a new actuator (motor). On close examination of the two motor I realised that the inner tube and ball bearing of the old motor was not as firm as the new one I had picked from a friends shop.I suspected the the problem was from the motor. I replaced the motor with a new one and the Error message Er-2 disappeared and the 2.4m pan dish was dancing sweetly from East to West hunting for birds.Keeping the old motor as a back up for its electrical parts.

Glad ur dish is back in operation. Was worth the try sha.

Regards.
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by jacob2012(m): 7:13am On Jul 22, 2013
@ olenyi,happy birthday in arrear my brother. As u celebrate this year birthday i wish U 3things;
1.You will nt eat ur enemies food
2.You will nt make enemy ur best friend
Lastly, ur Heaven will be open constantly.
HBD
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by jacob2012(m): 8:20am On Jul 22, 2013
@ olenyi,happy birthday in arrear my brother. As u celebrate this year birthday i wish U 3things;
HBD. Remain bles
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by olenyi: 9:00am On Jul 22, 2013
jacob2012: @ olenyi,happy birthday in arrear my brother. As u celebrate this year birthday i wish U 3things;
HBD. Remain bles

@jacob2012.

Thanks a lot my brother.

Regards.
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by jacob2012(m): 9:34am On Jul 23, 2013
@ olenyi & co
please, i upgraded my 69x throu OTA WTH mytv yesterday. & it was successful. Please sir what satellite & channels can i get am on motorised dish
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by jacob2012(m): 7:07pm On Jul 28, 2013
To all of My OGA at the top(sammu,suleiman,olenyi & others). I hail o and happy sunday
for the pass 3days am unable to get nilesat,i get 8'W wth these channel oatar,1movie,aljeezera etc,i get 22w wth Lc2 channel. Other satellite on the motorised are workin fine except Nilesat. Please help me,what did i touch or done wrong
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by SULIEMAN3(m): 8:34pm On Jul 28, 2013
jacob2012: To all of My OGA at the top(sammu,suleiman,olenyi & others). I hail o and happy sunday
for the pass 3days am unable to get nilesat,i get 8'W wth these channel oatar,1movie,aljeezera etc,i get 22w wth Lc2 channel. Other satellite on the motorised are workin fine except Nilesat. Please help me,what did i touch or done wrong
what is the size of your dish?
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by jacob2012(m): 9:13pm On Jul 28, 2013
SULIEMAN3: what is the size of your dish?
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by jacob2012(m): 9:14pm On Jul 28, 2013
SULIEMAN3: what is the size of your dish?
1.8m. From sokoto
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by SULIEMAN3(m): 12:54am On Jul 29, 2013
jacob2012:
1.8m. From sokoto
ok, northern side...
I would advice u to track sirus@4.8e first then after hitting green, input this tp11662v27500 as this will give u a high signal % then move slowly to your west and manipulate your dish around there you should hit green. Input this tp for ur mbc 11938v27500. Make sure u use fuji lnb but i don't know if other products could give u what u want. But fuji lnb is usually recomended for nilesat.
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by jacob2012(m): 6:58am On Jul 29, 2013
[quote author=SULIEMAN3]ok, northern side...
I would advice u to track sirus@4.8e first then after hitting green, input this tp11662v27500 as this will give u a high signal % then move slowly to your west and manipulate your dish around there you should hit green. Input this tp for ur mbc 11938v27500.
Tanks. I will do it.later i will give u feed bk
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by umassor(m): 6:59am On Jul 29, 2013
oga sammu pls i need hint to track thaicom5@78e thank u.
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by sammu(m): 3:51pm On Jul 29, 2013
umassor: oga sammu pls i need hint to track thaicom5@78e thank u.
Located below intelsat 20 c@68e. Track with non di eletric c band lnb. That is remove the teflon inside the lnb
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by umassor(m): 2:24pm On Jul 30, 2013
sammu:
Located below intelsat 20 c@68e. Track with non di eletric c band lnb. That is remove the teflon inside the lnb
thanks bro.
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by Nnachi404(m): 4:42pm On Jul 30, 2013
umassor: oga sammu pls i need hint to track thaicom5@78e thank u.
free to air sweet with bud
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by pboy2buzy(m): 1:18pm On Aug 11, 2013
Please my jack has refused to come down to or below 68.5degrees...I disengaged d jack frm my 2.4m dish to check,I can even use my hand to roll d arm of d jack to its lowest point(cuz it becomes very stiff)..but rolin it urward to itz limit isn't any problem....what can I do to tackle diz
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by olenyi: 10:28pm On Aug 11, 2013
pboy2buzy: Please my jack has refused to come down to or below 68.5degrees...I disengaged d jack frm my 2.4m dish to check,I can even use my hand to roll d arm of d jack to its lowest point(cuz it becomes very stiff)..but rolin it urward to itz limit isn't any problem....what can I do to tackle diz

When u roll the jack in with ur hand till it stop, just unwind it 2 times, 1, 2. And fix to ur dish. Also look at ur dish to see if anything is blocking the dish from going down near the neck.

Also use the manual button to rotate till u get ''E2'' as u might have set the number 1 button or the start point a bit high.

Ps; its hard for a jack to go down below intelsat 20. Most times if I want a sat dat is below intelsat 20, what I do is to incline the pole a bit forward to the east while casting. This also has the disadvantage of making it hard to get some ''west'' sats.

Regards.
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by pboy2buzy(m): 4:00am On Aug 12, 2013
olenyi:

When u roll the jack in with ur hand till it stop, just unwind it 2 times, 1, 2. And fix to ur dish. Also look at ur dish to see if anything is blocking the dish from going down near the neck.

Also use the manual button to rotate till u get ''E2'' as u might have set the number 1 button or the start point a bit high.

Ps; its hard for a jack to go down below intelsat 20. Most times if I want a sat dat is below intelsat 20, what I do is to incline the pole a bit forward to the east while casting. This also has the disadvantage of making it hard to get some ''west'' sats.

Regards.

Yea....d jack doesn't even roll to mytv position and co,b4 it gets thr it hooks.....I loosen d jack down to confirm...d ressult was that d jact rolls from up to a certain spot(which is not is limit) an then it writes E2.at that pont an attempt to bring it down further (wit remote or hand rollin) wil become futile but it bcomes very stiff wen goin down further.........2ndly I jack finds it very hard to bring d dish back frm nss22' nd ab7' on its own except somebody goes and raise(support) it out side but it stop writin E2 and start movin to east(but it sails well frm east to west but need support wen comin back to east or else it remain stock E2)

Note:am not a novice in jack,and I was d one that fix d jack bfor now nd it was fine until few days ago..d jack is not up to a year.
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by olenyi: 7:06am On Aug 12, 2013
pboy2buzy:

Yea....d jack doesn't even roll to mytv position and co,b4 it gets thr it hooks.....I loosen d jack down to confirm...d ressult was that d jact rolls from up to a certain spot(which is not is limit) an then it writes E2.at that pont an attempt to bring it down further (wit remote or hand rollin) wil become futile but it bcomes very stiff wen goin down further.........2ndly I jack finds it very hard to bring d dish back frm nss22' nd ab7' on its own except somebody goes and raise(support) it out side but it stop writin E2 and start movin to east(but it sails well frm east to west but need support wen comin back to east or else it remain stock E2)

Note:am not a novice in jack,and I was d one that fix d jack bfor now nd it was fine until few days ago..d jack is not up to a year.
Because of wear and tear and rusting, must times after a while, jacks stop being able to bring a dish back from nss22 position. Dis is expected. Dis mostly happens if u're using a pan dish like 1.8. The solution is 1) make sure ur means outlet is supplying enough voltage to ur positioner. 2) try greasing/lessening the neck of the dish a bit. Or u could go for a heavy duty jack. Or stop going down to 22'w entirely.

If the jack can't go down even when u hand roll it, then theirs a mechanical fault somewhere. Try finding this out.

Then finally try this. Bring down the jack and using the manuel button, extend it out (Like ur driving it to the west) until it gets to some point. ( Remember to hold it so that the inner shaft doesn't go rotating). Use ur hand and roll it in about ten times. Use the manual button to drive it out again (always hold the inner shaft). Repeat this again.

Now go down like u're driving to east until it shows E2. U should notice dat it most have gone well below where it used to stop. Try rolling it in with hand now. If it sticks again, go to west and repeat the above procedure until it can go all the way in.

NB: u should only do this if the fault is not from a mechanical fault like a bent tube, etc.

Regards.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply)

40+ Free Channels- Watch All Nigerian Church Tv Channels / Free Sport Stations 2015 Updated / Mbc2,mbc3,mbc4,mbc Action, Mbc Max,mbc Variety On 26°east.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.