Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,635 members, 7,958,909 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 07:12 AM

Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) - Satellite TV Technology (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) (69722 Views)

How To Connect Several Dishes To A Receiver Using Diseqc Switches / Maximize My Connections - See My 3 Dishes (pix Attached) / Connecting Up To 4 Dishes On One Decoder Using A Diseqc (pauxis) 4x1 switch. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by pboy2buzy(m): 7:34am On Aug 12, 2013
olenyi:
Because of wear and tear and rusting, must times after a while, jacks stop being able to bring a dish back from nss22 position. Dis is expected. Dis mostly happens if u're using a pan dish like 1.8. The solution is 1) make sure ur means outlet is supplying enough voltage to ur positioner. 2) try greasing/lessening the neck of the dish a bit. Or u could go for a heavy duty jack. Or stop going down to 22'w entirely.

If the jack can't go down even when u hand roll it, then theirs a mechanical fault somewhere. Try finding this out.

Then finally try this. Bring down the jack and using the manuel button, extend it out (Like ur driving it to the west) until it gets to some point. ( Remember to hold it so that the inner shaft doesn't go rotating). Use ur hand and roll it in about ten times. Use the manual button to drive it out again (always hold the inner shaft). Repeat this again.

Now go down like u're driving to east until it shows E2. U should notice dat it most have gone well below where it used to stop. Try rolling it in with hand now. If it sticks again, go to west and repeat the above procedure until it can go all the way in.

NB: u should only do this if the fault is not from a mechanical fault like a bent tube, etc.

Tanx boss4 ur selfless service........I am usin a 2.4m mesh dish...d jack has never been able 2 bring back my dish effectively frm nss since I bought and fix it...pls how much does a more powerful actuator cost cuz I bought this 3,000naira.........then as 4 d rotatin fault I wil try nd do what u said I shud do dis mornin and gv u feed back
Regards.
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by olenyi: 9:04am On Aug 12, 2013
pboy2buzy:

Tanx boss4 ur selfless service........I am usin a 2.4m mesh dish...d jack has never been able 2 bring back my dish effectively frm nss since I bought and fix it...pls how much does a more powerful actuator cost cuz I bought this 3,000naira.........then as 4 d rotatin fault I wil try nd do what u said I shud do dis mornin and gv u feed back
Regards.

If it has never been able to bring the dish back and a 2.4 mesh for that matter, then something is wrong. Ur telephone wire, how genuine is it? Did u join it somewhere? How far is the positioner from the jack?

These are some of the culprits. Either u got a substandard telephone wire, or its so lenghty that their's some power loss along the line (still caused by low quality wire). Or dat u joined the wire somewhere.

Also try loosening the neck a bit (the big 24/27 inch pivot bolt). Could be too tight.

2.4 mesh dish is one of the lightest around and because of its unique neck design, can be driven by any jack.

Anyway, heavy duty jack are around 7-10k. And u might have to place an order with ur dealer if u're not in Lagos.

Regards.
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by pboy2buzy(m): 10:03am On Aug 12, 2013
olenyi:

If it has never been able to bring the dish back and a 2.4 mesh for that matter, then something is wrong. Ur telephone wire, how genuine is it? Did u join it somewhere? How far is the positioner from the jack?

These are some of the culprits. Either u got a substandard telephone wire, or its so lenghty that their's some power loss along the line (still caused by low quality wire). Or dat u joined the wire somewhere.

Also try loosening the neck a bit (the big 24/27 inch pivot bolt). Could be too tight.

2.4 mesh dish is one of the lightest around and because of its unique neck design, can be driven by any jack.

Anyway, heavy duty jack are around 7-10k. And u might have to place an order with ur dealer if u're not in Lagos.

Regards.

Yes boss I v been usin d wire since 2006 and it is very long oooo....it has alot of extra in d sittin room.

Pls sir what r d simplest satellite I can track wit my c-band...cuz since I bought(changed) it it has been totally idle up thr.....tanx in anticipatio
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by pboy2buzy(m): 6:21am On Aug 14, 2013
Tanx 4 I have been able 2 follow ur tutorial and repair my jack,it now comes down below 68.5...thanx alot
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by olenyi: 8:19am On Aug 14, 2013
pboy2buzy: Tanx 4 I have been able 2 follow ur tutorial and repair my jack,it now comes down below 68.5...thanx alot

So good to hear this. Was it the west maneuver that u used. Was fulfilling being of help.

Regards.
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by pboy2buzy(m): 8:30am On Aug 14, 2013
olenyi:

So good to hear this. Was it the west maneuver that u used. Was fulfilling being of help.

Regards.

Yea d west manauvre.....d jack now comes down lyk maaaad....
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by pboy2buzy(m): 8:34am On Aug 14, 2013
Since d jack debacle is behind me now....I want2 venture into tracking c-band sat....dunno if u can give me a reference sat nd freq to Track one or a couple...PLEASE
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by olenyi: 8:42am On Aug 14, 2013
pboy2buzy:

Yea d west manauvre.....d jack now comes down lyk maaaad....

cheesy
Dats the good thing with ''experience''. U would have come across a whole lot of different scenario's which gives one an edge.

Will attend to your C band query later.

Regards.
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by pboy2buzy(m): 8:57am On Aug 14, 2013
olenyi:

cheesy
Dats the good thing with ''experience''. U would have come across a whole lot of different scenario's which gives one an edge.

Will attend to your C band query later.

Regards.

"Experience"....exactly,cuz now I bliv I can tackle some more complex case..cuz I got2 undastand some stuffs(practically) during my work (thanks to u)....I will immensely appreciate if u help me wit d c-band stuff at ur spare time so I can start working immediately......tanx(alot)
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by trek4000: 11:28am On Aug 14, 2013
Whats the best method to use when trying to capture satellites using the C-band? this i ask because i have a 2.4m Mesh dish which i want to set up and when i think of the work that is involved i develop cold feet,more to that i will be motorizing it.Any advise will be appreciated like which are the three pillar satellite if i should call them that for setting the furthermost west,east and overhead satellites. I'm in Zambia southern Africa so that should be in mind when advising me.Thanks in advance to all javascript:void(0);
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by Omoakin5(m): 3:12pm On Aug 14, 2013
Oga olenly pls answer me o am waiting all d equitment are ready nd am just wait 4 ur order.pls help
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by olenyi: 5:14pm On Aug 14, 2013
Omoakin5: Oga olenly pls answer me o am waiting all d equitment are ready nd am just wait 4 ur order.pls help

Kindly give me till days end and i'll get back to u.

Regards.
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by Omoakin5(m): 9:00pm On Aug 14, 2013
olenyi:

Kindly give me till days end and i'll get back to u.

Regards.
tank my oga i wil be waiting
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by Bowofola213: 4:12pm On Aug 15, 2013
Plz hw much is d jack use in rotating d big dish
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by pboy2buzy(m): 6:10pm On Aug 15, 2013
Bowofola213: Plz hw much is d jack use in rotating d big dish

I bought mine 4 my 2.4mesh dish 3,000...in benin city
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by Bowofola213: 6:35pm On Aug 15, 2013
pboy2buzy:

I bought mine 4 my 2.4mesh dish 3,000...in benin city
is it d jack alone or with d engine and d remote control
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by pboy2buzy(m): 1:42pm On Aug 20, 2013
oga olenyi never came back 4 d c-band tutorial...stil waitin2 hear frm u.....
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by olenyi: 3:39pm On Aug 20, 2013
pboy2buzy: oga olenyi never came back 4 d c-band tutorial...stil waitin2 hear frm u.....

Sorry. Drop ur question here and i'll tackle it.

https://www.nairaland.com/1401764/all-c-band-lnb-installation

Regards.
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by amingimba(m): 9:23am On Aug 21, 2013
Pls is possible 2 use dual ku band 2 track nailsat on 1.8 dish in other to 2 use reciver nd which type of lnb brand name is gud 4 this.
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by olenyi: 10:17am On Aug 21, 2013
amingimba: Pls is possible 2 use dual ku band 2 track nailsat on 1.8 dish in other to 2 use reciver nd which type of lnb brand name is gud 4 this.

Location?
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by amingimba(m): 3:02pm On Aug 21, 2013
Lokoja
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by olenyi: 5:35pm On Aug 21, 2013
amingimba: Lokoja

U should go for at least 3m dish for a stable signal reception. 1.8 is too small.

Regards.
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by staddos: 6:50am On Aug 29, 2013
Hi Olenyi and other gurus in the house, which satellite is best to use for ones settings during installation of amotorised system? Is it Rascom-QAFR @ 2.9 degrees on C band or Astra 4A/SES-5 @ 4 degrees on ku band? Does it really matter if you use C band or Ku band since there is only one Clarke's belt on which we have all satellites. In your experience which do you recommend? Guys your views would be greatly appreciated.
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by Ameboperoo(m): 9:52pm On Aug 29, 2013
olenyi:

U should go for at least 3m dish for a stable signal reception. 1.8 is too small.

Regards.
You can actually get it with 1.8m in Kogi but you must use powerful lnb like fuji. I've done some motorised setups b4 in Lokoja and a fixed 1 in Kabba with a cut supermax lnb though I didn't get all the channels. It is better to use a 2.4m pan or 2.6m fibre for a rest of mind.
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by RapidBTSNG: 10:33am On Aug 30, 2013
FTA 3G SIM Router

Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by olenyi: 1:55pm On Aug 30, 2013
staddos: Hi Olenyi and other gurus in the house, which satellite is best to use for ones settings during installation of amotorised system? Is it Rascom-QAFR @ 2.9 degrees on C band or Astra 4A/SES-5 @ 4 degrees on ku band? Does it really matter if you use C band or Ku band since there is only one Clarke's belt on which we have all satellites. In your experience which do you recommend? Guys your views would be greatly appreciated.

What's the size of ur dish?

If its a 1.8 and u intend using ku, u could use intelsat 20ku and nss7 as ur reference points.

For a bigger dish say 2.4m, use intelsat 906 3642 V 8545 for ur east and cnn 3983 V 25000 for ur west and intelsat 10-02 4025 V 7324 for ur middle point as ur reference points.

Regards.
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by staddos: 11:15pm On Aug 30, 2013
olenyi:

What's the size of ur dish?

If its a 1.8 and u intend using ku, u could use intelsat 20ku and nss7 as ur reference points.

For a bigger dish say 2.4m, use intelsat 906 3642 V 8545 for ur east and cnn 3983 V 25000 for ur west and intelsat 10-02 4025 V 7324 for ur middle point as ur reference points.

Regards.

Oga Olenyi thanks for your response but am confused.Are you saying that if the dish is to be used for both Ku and C band one would have to do the alignment for both C and Ku band. I read in the library material about motorising a dish that one should use SES 5/ASTRA 4 to align the dish.What I wanted to know can one use either a C band or Ku band satellite to do the alignment and peaking the signal and you would be good to go or you have to do the alignment for both C and Ku band if you intend to use your dish for both C and Ku band.
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by olenyi: 9:26am On Aug 31, 2013
staddos:

Oga Olenyi thanks for your response but am confused.Are you saying that if the dish is to be used for both Ku and C band one would have to do the alignment for both C and Ku band. I read in the library material about motorising a dish that one should use SES 5/ASTRA 4 to align the dish.What I wanted to know can one use either a C band or Ku band satellite to do the alignment and peaking the signal and you would be good to go or you have to do the alignment for both C and Ku band if you intend to use your dish for both C and Ku band.

you could use either one of them. Same thing. But i dont understand ur obsession with astra 4. Its at 4'e. So how do u intend using only one sat to align.

Why i specified the sat's for 1.8 and 2.4 is for ease of tracking. And being that the c-band is usually situated at the center of the scalar ring, it could be prefered for better tracking and alignment (though it could be harder to track with for one not proficient enough). And also, while cutting the scalar, assuming u're going to attach the ku to ur c-band scalar ring, u may not have done a good job of it which will invariably make it harder for u to track effectively. But with a prime focus placed c-band or ku, the tracking and alighnment becomes much easier.

Go ahead and use ku or c-band for ur alignment. U could always do the adjustment.

Regards.
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by Ameboperoo(m): 8:20pm On Sep 01, 2013
He needs a satellite on top of the arc for a perfect alignment. Astra4a is a good sat to use cos of the high signal strength.
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by Smilelo(m): 3:19pm On Sep 05, 2013
I was watching metro digital cable when I saw this advertisement about HUMAX FOXSAT HD FREE AND ICORD +. and I also check for it in the internet. I like it very well, and I will like to buy it. but I don't know where I can get it in Nigeria. please I will like my fellow members here to give me the information where I can buy the HUMAX FOXSAT HD FREE in Nigeria. why I like it is because of the picture quality and also the more HD channels that it has. What is the difference between the HUMAX HD ICORD + AND THE HUMAX HD FOXSAT FREE. I will like you to put more light to IT so that I can understand what it means.HUMAX FOXSAT HD FREE does this humax foxsat hd free means that you will have access to all HD movies and channel or tv show when I say free I mean bout HD and free to air HD channels and also the ADSPORT PACKAGE. and ICORD HD + 500 GB RECORDABLE HARD DISK. and also ICORD HD WITH ADSPORTS PACKAGE. so let me know what its means so that I will understand the one I will buy. what I want is only the HUMAX HD receiver that will show HD CHANNELS because the picture are very clear then an ordinary channel . and I believe the HUMAX HD will work in Nigeria. I Want to know where I can buy it in Nigeria and what it will cost me in Nigerian currency. thanks as I look forward for your reply . my facebook ID is; D Boss Smile. u can send me a friend request so that it will be easy for communication. thanks as I look forward to hear 4r u. I NEED THIS HUMAX HD BAD BAD.
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by Bowofola213: 8:34pm On Sep 07, 2013
Plz hw much is positioner use in big dish
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by Bowofola213: 8:35pm On Sep 07, 2013
Plz hw much is positioner use in big dish?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply)

40+ Free Channels- Watch All Nigerian Church Tv Channels / Free Sport Stations 2015 Updated / Pls HELP Me: Installation Settings And Position

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.