Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,237 members, 7,818,795 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:56 AM

One Of The Effects Of Having A Polygamous Background - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / One Of The Effects Of Having A Polygamous Background (1070 Views)

Is This Photo True About Men's Polygamous Nature? / Meet A Pastor Who Is A Polygamist. A Polygamous Pastor Who Advices Men To Learn / "First Time Of Having Sex With My Boyfriend Who Has Bigger Dick" - Owerri Girl (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

One Of The Effects Of Having A Polygamous Background by Esther99(f): 9:58pm On Apr 01, 2018
How does it feels like growing up from a polygamous home, does it really affect a person ways of life? Most especially when it comes to the issue of marriage, some girls believe they can't marry a guy with a polygamous background as such tend to follow d path in which he grows up. Guys what's your view on this because one of my friend wants to break up with her boyfriend simply because she founds out he is from a polygamous home as she insists she can't afford to share her husband with another woman in the future.
Re: One Of The Effects Of Having A Polygamous Background by ajast(m): 11:01pm On Apr 01, 2018
I am sure she is less than 30yrs of age

2 Likes

Re: One Of The Effects Of Having A Polygamous Background by joseo: 11:08pm On Apr 01, 2018
Any guy who grew up in a polygamous home will never attempt polygamy except he have lost his memory.

3 Likes

Re: One Of The Effects Of Having A Polygamous Background by Divay22(f): 11:16pm On Apr 01, 2018
joseo:
Any guy who grew up in a polygamous home will never attempt polygamy except he have lost his memory.
I concur..

Not when he knows what he passed through.

2 Likes

Re: One Of The Effects Of Having A Polygamous Background by Ivorianaija(f): 11:17pm On Apr 01, 2018
My father had 3 wives and growing up in a polygamous home had made me have a genuine fear and disgust in men for a long period in my life. My father treated his wives like they were his property that he could buy and sell at any time. He didn't even look them directly in the eye and he would never show them affection. I hated my father with a passion because he disrespected his wives, his daughters, every woman who wasn't his mother. He didn't see a woman as anything.

1 Like

Re: One Of The Effects Of Having A Polygamous Background by Demmtek(m): 11:20pm On Apr 01, 2018
the lady is just about to lost one of the most loyal and a kindhearted guy, talking from experience majority of guys from polygamous family wont repeat same thing there father or mother did even my grandfather do warn us from time to time never to follow there foot steps, when it comes to settling down. even at this present generation a good guy in his right mind will not adopt that so lifestyle. looks so archiac to me

1 Like

Re: One Of The Effects Of Having A Polygamous Background by Esther99(f): 11:33pm On Apr 01, 2018
Demmtek:
the lady is just about to lost one of the most loyal and a kindhearted guy, talking from experience majority of guys from polygamous family wont repeat same thing there father or mother did even my grandfather do warn us from time to time never to follow there foot steps, when it comes to settling down. even at this present generation a good guy in his right mind will not adopt that so lifestyle. looks so archiac to me
seriously, tried to explain all these to her bt it's like she's also thinking about how to cope with d guys family being a polygamous family
Re: One Of The Effects Of Having A Polygamous Background by Esther99(f): 11:36pm On Apr 01, 2018
Ivorianaija:
My father had 3 wives and growing up in a polygamous home had made me have a genuine fear and disgust in men for a long period in my life. My father treated his wives like they were his property that he could buy and sell at any time. He didn't even look them directly in the eye and he would never show them affection. I hated my father with a passion because he disrespected his wives, his daughters, every woman who wasn't his mother. He didn't see a woman as anything.
Hmmmm..... Women are really passing tru a lot
Re: One Of The Effects Of Having A Polygamous Background by Klinee: 11:43pm On Apr 01, 2018
Esther99:
How does it feels like growing up from a polygamous home, does it really affect a person ways of life? Most especially when it comes to the issue of marriage, some girls believe they can't marry a guy with a polygamous background as such tend to follow d path in which he grows up. Guys what's your view on this because one of my friend wants to break up with her boyfriend simply because she founds out he is from a polygamous home as she insists she can't afford to share her husband with another woman in the future.
Tell her to wait that her rightful husband is coming, maybe when she is 50 the man will show, nonsense girls everywhere.
Re: One Of The Effects Of Having A Polygamous Background by Klinee: 12:00am On Apr 02, 2018
We men are polygamous in nature, it's not our fault but blame the Almighty that makerth us that way.
If i we're opportuned I will personally got married to all the races in the world: European girls, Indian girls, Brazilian girls, Hispanic girls, russian girls, Arabian girls, black America girls, Ethiopia or Somalian girls, cape Verde girls, American girls then in Nigeria: Igbo girls, Yoruba girls, Hausa girls, Fulani girl, Igala girl and Calabar girl.
If can get married to all the girls mentioned, I must remain faithful to all, no cheating, no sleeping around.
Re: One Of The Effects Of Having A Polygamous Background by Nobody: 1:54am On Apr 02, 2018
Klinee:
We men are polygamous in nature, it's not our fault but blame the Almighty that makerth us that way.
If i we're opportuned I will personally got married to all the races in the world: European girls, Indian girls, Brazilian girls, Hispanic girls, russian girls, Arabian girls, black America girls, Ethiopia or Somalian girls, cape Verde girls, American girls then in Nigeria: Igbo girls, Yoruba girls, Hausa girls, Fulani girl, Igala girl and Calabar girl.
If can get married to all the girls mentioned, I must remain faithful to all, no cheating, no sleeping around.
King Solomon the wisest had 900 wife’s and concubine.
Re: One Of The Effects Of Having A Polygamous Background by tayo60(f): 8:22am On Apr 02, 2018
Polygamy is not a sin. Its just dt women today are selfish and wicked. They don't want to see their husbands with any other woman. Av read of stories where women killed their husbands for marrying another woman. So you see the men going about with different side chicks. Coming from a polygamous home doesn't mean you will end up being like dt. Most of ds men are pushed out by the so called wives. All d single ladies out there, if men are not polygamous, how will they marry? It depends on d man how he can take care of his wives. Someone dt can't take care of one woman, how will he take care of many? I support polygamy where there is love between or among the women and d man is performing his responsibilities and not d one they kill each other while d man is irresponsible.
Re: One Of The Effects Of Having A Polygamous Background by Klinee: 11:37am On Apr 02, 2018
tayo60:
Polygamy is not a sin. Its just dt women today are selfish and wicked. They don't want to see their husbands with any other woman. Av read of stories where women killed their husbands for marrying another woman. So you see the men going about with different side chicks. Coming from a polygamous home doesn't mean you will end up being like dt. Most of ds men are pushed out by the so called wives. All d single ladies out there, if men are not polygamous, how will they marry? It depends on d man how he can take care of his wives. Someone dt can't take care of one woman, how will he take care of many? I support polygamy where there is love between or among the women and d man is performing his responsibilities and not d one they kill each other while d man is irresponsible.
Yes that is true, a man must be responsible enough to take good care of his wives not just many even one wife. Even the wives must also be of good behavior, well mannered enough in other to tolerate one another.
But my problem with the world today is that they are seeing polygamy as bad, and also condemn it.
Even the so called Christians presuming polygamy as a sin, while Bible which is theological based of Christianity have never condemned polygamous family.
So wonder where the ideology emanate from..
Re: One Of The Effects Of Having A Polygamous Background by Gofwane(m): 11:59am On Apr 02, 2018
From what I've seen, polygamous families have more tendencies of producing children who would never ever think of following in their parent's footsteps.

1 Like

Re: One Of The Effects Of Having A Polygamous Background by Cornerstone2020(m): 2:36pm On Apr 02, 2018
They are most loyal talking from experience
Re: One Of The Effects Of Having A Polygamous Background by ib0221: 4:33pm On Apr 02, 2018
Being polygamous does not make one a monster, a monster will always be a monster. We hear stories of monogamous men battering their wives everyday. I came from polygamous home and I can tell you, we were better than many monos. "Women make home"

(1) (Reply)

Twitter Users Shames Hypocrite Lady Who Was Advising Ladies For The Gram / I Cried This Morning After What Happened. Nigeria Baby Doll Bob Risky / Could She Really Be Lesbian?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.