Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,430 members, 7,846,789 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 11:49 PM

Ojukwu On His First Day As Governor Of The Eastern Region (Throwback Photos) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ojukwu On His First Day As Governor Of The Eastern Region (Throwback Photos) (48120 Views)

The Eastern Region Series : The COR Movement / Bianca Ojukwu On Vacation With Daughter, Chineme In St. Tropez, French Riviera / Southeast, South-south Governors To Recreate Old Eastern Region (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ojukwu On His First Day As Governor Of The Eastern Region (Throwback Photos) by zombieHUNTER: 7:29am On Apr 03, 2018
LaudableXX:

Huh?? What is this one saying? Is Afonja your own middle name? Maybe that is why you think everyone is an Afonja....
Just answer the question and stop digressing! What was Ojukwu doing in the air, en-route to Ivory Coast on January 15 1970, when the late respected, courageous Major General (Obong) Philip Effiong, the Akangkang Ibiono Ibom was handing over the instruments of surrender, to the Nigerian govt?

I need to know who is asking...
Are you an Afonja?

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu On His First Day As Governor Of The Eastern Region (Throwback Photos) by mercyville: 7:45am On Apr 03, 2018
Adebowale89:
a good man that want the best for his people but have a cowardice heart

if he had laid his life for Biafra, perhaps with the aid of international community, the matter would ve gain much sympathy but he ran and left helpless people wasted for his lack of foresight and paucity of alternative plan

a Yoruba man laid his life at the point of death, that he has no business with but yet they still called Yoruba coward and called ojukwu and Nnamdi KANU hero

I never take Igbo serious since then

Slavery and Cowardice are the words they utter most.Why?
The real meaning of Igbo=Slaves.
It is on the internet that the NRI kingdom despised the majority and called them Igbo...slaves.

After that they have never been free from slavery even minority Ijaw took them as slaves.They still continue to be slaves.Have you seen them produce an executive president?They are slaves,a conquered tribe.

For cowardice..it is in their DNA to make noise and gra gra but their Cowardice DNA always comes out tops.They must run away.They always run away.They love to be warriors like the Yorubas but do they have the courage,strategy and might?Their motto is:If you cannot be up to Yoruba,bring down and spoil Yoruba.God is more powerful than the Igbo weaklings.
Yorubas will always soar higher.
Igbos are confirmed slaves and cowards.Ask their first slave masters,The Ijaws.

3 Likes

Re: Ojukwu On His First Day As Governor Of The Eastern Region (Throwback Photos) by CSTR1002: 7:49am On Apr 03, 2018
mercyville:

It is on the internet that the NRI kingdom despised the majority and called them Igbo...slaves.

After that they have never been free from slavery even minority Ijaw took them as slaves.They still continue to be slaves.Have you seen them produce an executive president?They are slaves,a conquered tribe.

For cowardice..it is in their DNA to make noise and gra gra but their Cowardice DNA always comes out tops.They must run away.They always run away.They love to be warriors like the Yorubas but do they have the courage,strategy and might?Their motto is:If you cannot be up to Yoruba,bring down and spoil Yoruba.God is more powerful than the Igbo weaklings.
Just look at this one.
.Your Yoruba forefathers were to first to submit to colonial rule in the whole of Nigeria.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ojukwu On His First Day As Governor Of The Eastern Region (Throwback Photos) by HiddenShadow: 7:51am On Apr 03, 2018
CSTR1002:

His manhood really does.

How he was able to Marshall the igbo nation to tap into the inner -genius and be self -productive during war was nothing short of amazing.

The best igbo minds at that time working to achieve one common goal which culminated in devt of home grown technology that were not only unafrican but were ambitious by every standard.

Up till now, Nigeria has not been able to replicate that standard of governance.

I wonder what could have been if ojukwu had won that war.

The optimism in the air , the innate belief in biafran science and technology, the tangibility of the patriotism could have resulted in the creation of a special nation.

A nation under Ojukwu's expert guidance, that could have restored the dignity of the black man.

Thanks for your response

Very polite of you

Bye
Re: Ojukwu On His First Day As Governor Of The Eastern Region (Throwback Photos) by ayokellany: 7:55am On Apr 03, 2018
gidgiddy:

How come the Igbos he led to their death are not pained by it, but it is you Yoruba he did not lead that are pained?

That's why there is something seriously wrong with you people

Same way lunatics like you claimed Awo swallowed poison. Now you truly know who something is wrong with.

2 Likes

Re: Ojukwu On His First Day As Governor Of The Eastern Region (Throwback Photos) by HiddenShadow: 8:00am On Apr 03, 2018
gidgiddy:

If only Lugard had seen that, he would never have brought Igbo/Hausa/Yoruba together so they can kill themselves

Sorry for budging into you with this question below which I will like you to respond to.

You are an intelligent guy

What did you study.?
Re: Ojukwu On His First Day As Governor Of The Eastern Region (Throwback Photos) by mercyville: 8:06am On Apr 03, 2018
CSTR1002:

Just look at this one.
.Your Yoruba forefathers were to first to submit to colonial rule in the whole of Nigeria.
Yoruba are warriors and they fought for 100 years home and abroad and winning their wars even against Fulanis and the undefeated dreaded Fon Amazons,arguably the most dreaded in Africa but they were beating black and blue.
I just wondered why most of you talked about slaves and cowardice so much and I researched about whom the Igbos are/were and I heaved a sigh of relief and really had sympathy for the Igbos.Yorubas have never been slaves to anybody unlike the Igbos who started their lives being slaves to NRI then to small Ijaw group and now to Nigeria. grin
You are slaves and cowards and you know it and try to fervently push these your properties to Yoruba.You are a shameful slavish lot.

2 Likes

Re: Ojukwu On His First Day As Governor Of The Eastern Region (Throwback Photos) by joeyfire(m): 8:34am On Apr 03, 2018
CSTR1002:

Just look at this one.

Without a fight grin grin grin ;

While Ndi Igbo fought the British bitterly for years. Umu anioma in particular fought a bitter guerrilla war for more than 10 years

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ojukwu On His First Day As Governor Of The Eastern Region (Throwback Photos) by Bane2020: 8:36am On Apr 03, 2018
mercyville:

Yoruba are warriors and they fought for 100 years home and abroad and winning their wars even against Fulanis and the undefeated dreaded Fon Amazons,arguably the most dreaded in Africa but they were beating black and blue.
I just wondered why most of you talked about slaves and cowardice so much and I researched about whom the Igbos are/were and I heaved a sigh of relief and really had sympathy for the Igbos.Yorubas have never been slaves to anybody unlike the Igbos who started their lives being slaves to NRI then to small Ijaw group and now to Nigeria. grin
You are slaves and cowards and you know it and try to fervently push these your properties to Yoruba.You are a shameful slavish lot.
Warriors must have a different definition, cause if you are talking about the same Yorubas that succumbed Ilorin to a horde of turban wearing Fulani raiders with the status quo remaining till date... Then I might have to recheck the definition of what a warrior means... I stopped reading your gibberish at Igbos been slaves to Nri, do you even know Nri is the center of Igbo civilization? Like it's the core of Igbo origin and institution itself so how can the same Igbos who instituted it be slaves to it? Omo you daft sha, shows you are not half as smart as you think you are.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ojukwu On His First Day As Governor Of The Eastern Region (Throwback Photos) by CSTR1002: 8:38am On Apr 03, 2018
mercyville:

You are slaves and cowards and you know it and try to fervently push these your properties to Yoruba.You are a shameful slave lot.
Yorubas were warriors and yet you were roundly defeated by women.
cheesy
It seems like you don't know your history.

All the wars you fought were intra -ethnic wars where yorubas fought against Yoruba and slaughtered yourselves like savages.

You never fought any major external power. The only one you fought, you lost mercilessly against those dahomean Women.

When other tribes, even smaller ones were defending themselves against colonialism, Yorubas gave the white men a red carpet.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ojukwu On His First Day As Governor Of The Eastern Region (Throwback Photos) by emmysoftyou: 8:50am On Apr 03, 2018
mercyville:

this Muslim afonja is so pained about us.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ojukwu On His First Day As Governor Of The Eastern Region (Throwback Photos) by emmysoftyou: 8:59am On Apr 03, 2018
CSTR1002:

cheesy

All the wars you fought were intra -ethnic wars where yorubas fought against Yoruba and slaughtered yourselves like savages.

You never fought any major external power. The only one you fought, you lost mercilessly against those dahomean Women.

When other tribes, even smaller ones were defending themselves against colonialism, Yorubas gave the white men a red carpet.
yes bro Yoruba are warriors and the Fulani man who became the emir of ilorin chased them away from their ancestors lands and became the king in their own land. cheesy
Their slavery is natural endowment.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ojukwu On His First Day As Governor Of The Eastern Region (Throwback Photos) by HiddenShadow: 9:05am On Apr 03, 2018
CSTR1002:

cheesy

Am yet to get a reply from you concerning what I asked you in the last post of yours I quoted.

Pls, can I get a response so that I can move on if you aren't interested.

Thanks.
Re: Ojukwu On His First Day As Governor Of The Eastern Region (Throwback Photos) by CSTR1002: 9:09am On Apr 03, 2018
HiddenShadow:

Will you like to replicate & advance these technological feats if given a chance.?

If yes, email me.

If no, let me know and I won't ask you again
Sorry, I am just getting to see your post.

No ,I am not interested.

Thank you for the invite though.
Re: Ojukwu On His First Day As Governor Of The Eastern Region (Throwback Photos) by Deadlytruth(m): 9:47am On Apr 03, 2018
28Toronto1:

Your map is brazenly fake. You cut the Southern part of the Midwest into the Eastern Region and cut the Northern part into the Kwara area. Una no dey tire for all these Biafra egotistical gerrymandering?
When was the present Delta State area ever part of the Eastern Region?
Attitudes like these are what make the Nigerian government believe that the call for Biafra is not sincerely about breaking off from Nigeria but about seeking an opportunity just to achieve more relevance in the Nigeria power equation context through the domination of Southern minorities and the subsequent supplanting of their identities and freewill within.
Re: Ojukwu On His First Day As Governor Of The Eastern Region (Throwback Photos) by Nobody: 10:03am On Apr 03, 2018
these men were really young man.....
Re: Ojukwu On His First Day As Governor Of The Eastern Region (Throwback Photos) by gidgiddy: 10:21am On Apr 03, 2018
mercyville:

People keep talking about Ojukwu running away. How come these same people never say that Ojukwu fought hard for 3 years? Ojukwu rose militarily with his people and fought for 3 years against Northern domination. The Yorubas can never do that. So I don't think that any Yoruba has the right to call Ojukwu a coward.

To rise up, declare the independence of his people and fight with nothing but sheer determination for 3 years?

The day the Yoruba nation can have such guts and determination is the day they will be free.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ojukwu On His First Day As Governor Of The Eastern Region (Throwback Photos) by mercyville: 10:36am On Apr 03, 2018
Bane2020:

Warriors must have a different definition, cause if you are talking about the same Yorubas that succumbed Ilorin to a horde of turban wearing Fulani raiders with the status quo remaining till date... Then I might have to recheck the definition of what a warrior means... I stopped reading your gibberish at Igbos been slaves to Nri, do you even know Nri is the center of Igbo civilization? Like it's the core of Igbo origin and institution itself so how can the same Igbos who instituted it be slaves to it? Omo you daft sha, shows you are not half as smart as you think you are.
I am not going to and fro with you on the fact that your lives started with slavery.At least you accepted that you were slaves to Ijaw..and now to Nigeria.

http://www.newworldencyclopedia.org/entry/Oyo_Empire
Re: Ojukwu On His First Day As Governor Of The Eastern Region (Throwback Photos) by mercyville: 10:45am On Apr 03, 2018
gidgiddy:

People keep talking about Ojukwu running away. How come these same people never say that Ojukwu fought hard for 3 years? Ojukwu rose militarily with his people and fought for 3 years against Northern domination. The Yorubas can never do that. So I don't think that any Yoruba has the right to call Ojukwu a coward.

To rise up, declare the independence of his people and fight with nothing but sheer determination for 3 years?

The day the Yoruba nation can have such guts and determination is the day they will be free.

The coward ran away just like you will do too because you are all cowards with a big mouth.
Mind you,KANU also fled. grin

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu On His First Day As Governor Of The Eastern Region (Throwback Photos) by Bane2020: 11:06am On Apr 03, 2018
mercyville:

I am not going to and fro with you on the fact that your lives started with slavery.At least you accepted that you were slaves to Ijaw..and now to Nigeria.

http://www.newworldencyclopedia.org/entry/Oyo_Empire

I have no interest in reading that rubbish
Re: Ojukwu On His First Day As Governor Of The Eastern Region (Throwback Photos) by HiddenShadow: 11:27am On Apr 03, 2018
CSTR1002:

Sorry, I am just getting to see your post.

No ,I am not interested.

Thank you for the invite though.

OK

Thanks for your response
Re: Ojukwu On His First Day As Governor Of The Eastern Region (Throwback Photos) by naijjaman(m): 2:46pm On Apr 03, 2018
Deadlytruth:

[s]He foresaw the injustice of today, yet he so much defended injustice called "One-Nigeria" that he crushed Isaac Adaka Boro's attempt to pull Niger Delta Republic out of it 15 months before he (Ojukwu) himself would later ask for Biafra after belatedly realizing that "One-Nigeria" was a delusional hope and serious injustice defended and sustained by Zik his brother.
Again, the same Mr. See injustice nodded his head in approval when Ironsi later promulgated his Anti-seccession Decree which made any attempt to get out of the injustice punishable with death by hanging.
Your credit to Ojukwu obviously lacks logical and factual basis.
Read up Nigeria's history between the lines please.
Ojukwu actually saw Zilch.
Igbos were actually the last tribe to realize that Nigeria was a fraud and injustice[/s].

You don't have to mention me ok. Live with your conclusions.
Re: Ojukwu On His First Day As Governor Of The Eastern Region (Throwback Photos) by Deadlytruth(m): 4:53pm On Apr 03, 2018
naijjaman:

Are those my conclusions or the undeniable facts of history?
Re: Ojukwu On His First Day As Governor Of The Eastern Region (Throwback Photos) by Deadlytruth(m): 4:54pm On Apr 03, 2018
naijjaman:

Re: Ojukwu On His First Day As Governor Of The Eastern Region (Throwback Photos) by naijjaman(m): 5:01pm On Apr 03, 2018
Deadlytruth:

In your little brain abi? Where are the books you wrote about it?

Don't let me start with you undecided
Re: Ojukwu On His First Day As Governor Of The Eastern Region (Throwback Photos) by naijjaman(m): 5:01pm On Apr 03, 2018
Deadlytruth:

Re: Ojukwu On His First Day As Governor Of The Eastern Region (Throwback Photos) by Deadlytruth(m): 5:08pm On Apr 03, 2018
naijjaman:

And your "big" brain has never read it anywhere on internet that is just a click away? You are very welcome to start with me. Go ahead please.
Re: Ojukwu On His First Day As Governor Of The Eastern Region (Throwback Photos) by naijjaman(m): 5:39pm On Apr 03, 2018
Deadlytruth:

And your "big" brain has never read it anywhere on internet that is just a click away? You are very welcome to start with me. Go ahead please.

Yes, my big brain didn't mention you to begin with. You could have made your point without mentioning me, if you are not a low life
Re: Ojukwu On His First Day As Governor Of The Eastern Region (Throwback Photos) by naijjaman(m): 5:40pm On Apr 03, 2018
Deadlytruth:

And how many books have you written about the war since you know it all.

Isn't it funny how ignorant people like you write about things that happen before you were born
Re: Ojukwu On His First Day As Governor Of The Eastern Region (Throwback Photos) by naijjaman(m): 5:43pm On Apr 03, 2018
Deadlytruth:

And how many books did you read about the war that informed your half-baked conclusions about him.
He may not be your hero but that's none of your business if he is mine
Re: Ojukwu On His First Day As Governor Of The Eastern Region (Throwback Photos) by naijjaman(m): 5:45pm On Apr 03, 2018
Deadlytruth:

The same Igbos who invented the "One-Nigeria" delusional slogan at a time every other tribe was asking for the de-amalgamation of Nigeria?

Igbos are not your problem, loser. They are not the reason why you are unemployed

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Disagreement In Niger Delta After Buhari Appoints Boroh As Amnesty Chairman / Osun APC Crisis: Bisi Akande Mediates In Oyetola, Aregbesola Rift (Photos) / Sowore: How We Stopped The Military From Burying Abiola In 1998

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.