Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,082 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:24 AM

Covenant University Punished Students For Keeping Their Hair (video) - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Covenant University Punished Students For Keeping Their Hair (video) (45383 Views)

Kwarapoly Graduating Students Punished For Stylishly Signing Out After Its Ban / How We Are Punished In Nigerian Secondary & Primary Schools (Photos) / Unilorin Post-utme: Male Candidates Made To Cut Their Hair, Females Rent Wrapper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Covenant University Punished Students For Keeping Their Hair (video) by DonPikko: 3:41pm On Apr 03, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Very well deserved.
A university degree is earned in both character and in learning.

Bushy haired students are naturally considered bereft of good character.
I stand with Covenant University on this.
only in Nigeria

6 Likes

Re: Covenant University Punished Students For Keeping Their Hair (video) by nanakgh(m): 3:42pm On Apr 03, 2018
wow...this is supposed to be the level of school where the student is given some independence and freedom for the first time. it gives the student the opportunity to learn personal management and responsibility. these are early twenties tertiary students. this embarrassment cum punishment stunt is meant for teens in high school. simply walking them outta class wudda been better.

2 Likes

Re: Covenant University Punished Students For Keeping Their Hair (video) by lookingfly: 3:42pm On Apr 03, 2018
And seems the guy didn't even care.... He was rocking he's hairstyle like that grin

3 Likes

Re: Covenant University Punished Students For Keeping Their Hair (video) by WisdomFlakes: 3:42pm On Apr 03, 2018
This is nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Punished Students For Keeping Their Hair (video) by ultimateyankee: 3:42pm On Apr 03, 2018
Secondary school is better than this school in terms of ponopolism
Re: Covenant University Punished Students For Keeping Their Hair (video) by mosesjida(m): 3:43pm On Apr 03, 2018
this is arrant nonsense..so students cant decide wat dey want again..this is uni nt pry skul 4 Gods sake..

2 Likes

Re: Covenant University Punished Students For Keeping Their Hair (video) by fuckpro: 3:43pm On Apr 03, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Very well deserved.

You be pendulum you no get fixed position

2 Likes

Re: Covenant University Punished Students For Keeping Their Hair (video) by HORLADSTAR(m): 3:44pm On Apr 03, 2018
A bleeped up school situated in a bleeped up country

2 Likes

Re: Covenant University Punished Students For Keeping Their Hair (video) by Herrmes: 3:45pm On Apr 03, 2018
ct2:
Yes I love it .it an academic environment not for show biz
True it's an academic environment, then why the need to cut off the hair of some students?

2 Likes

Re: Covenant University Punished Students For Keeping Their Hair (video) by hypnotic(m): 3:47pm On Apr 03, 2018
Na blizzard idea
Re: Covenant University Punished Students For Keeping Their Hair (video) by damilare7(m): 3:48pm On Apr 03, 2018
gbam!!!
doctimonyeka:
glorified secondary school indeed.. ordinary hair

.make una dey fear God oo..
Re: Covenant University Punished Students For Keeping Their Hair (video) by gr8child(m): 3:51pm On Apr 03, 2018
DCMIX:
As a student, you should abide by the rules and regulation of your school.

You already know it's a punishable offence, and you decided to disgrace yourself. Sorry bra

It must have been too difficult for them to tell him to leave the school and go and cut his hair.

I don't know how treating young adults like little children achieves anything. If he broke the school rules, ask him to leave the premises and allow him to appeal the punishment if he feels it was unjustified. That's how to prepare a young man for life in the civilised world not this backward village style of education.

7 Likes

Re: Covenant University Punished Students For Keeping Their Hair (video) by yazach: 3:52pm On Apr 03, 2018
Nice I hope this happen in public institutions
Re: Covenant University Punished Students For Keeping Their Hair (video) by CodeTemplar: 3:57pm On Apr 03, 2018
HoodBillionaire:
wat a shame.
primary school
omormor uni.
pa james style
aka sule
A primary sch units can't match in result. You want them to graduate yahoo bois and drug sniffing hipsters abi
Re: Covenant University Punished Students For Keeping Their Hair (video) by laudate: 3:58pm On Apr 03, 2018
gr8child:
It must have been too difficult for them to tell him to leave the school and go and cut his hair.

I don't know how treating young adults like little children achieves anything. If he broke the school rules, ask him to leave the premises and allow him to appeal the punishment if he feels it was unjustified. That's how to prepare a young man for life in the civilised world not this backward village style of education.
They should come to Unilag and see funky hairstyles...! cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Punished Students For Keeping Their Hair (video) by DCMIX(m): 4:01pm On Apr 03, 2018
gr8child:

the young adult chose to behave like a little child, the best thing to do is to treat him like one.

I don't buy the idea of sending students out of school especially at the gate. The student might have important things to do. Just make him regret breaking the rules.
Re: Covenant University Punished Students For Keeping Their Hair (video) by tayoccu(m): 4:04pm On Apr 03, 2018
DCMIX:
As a student, you should abide by the rules and regulation of your school.

You already know it's a punishable offence, and you decided to disgrace yourself. Sorry bra

you do not know jack about that prison, sorry school.
their rules evolve by the day, something can be perfectly legal when you wake up, and be illegal by the end of the day.

school wey male porter dey enter female hostel seize gstrings

4 Likes

Re: Covenant University Punished Students For Keeping Their Hair (video) by friendlyenemy: 4:08pm On Apr 03, 2018
Come along and click the signature if you wanna get first class free tutorials and tools that matches all kind of hustle..... If you know you know.
Re: Covenant University Punished Students For Keeping Their Hair (video) by larry90500(m): 4:10pm On Apr 03, 2018
So you mean people on low cut are saint?
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Very well deserved.

Re: Covenant University Punished Students For Keeping Their Hair (video) by godofuck231: 4:10pm On Apr 03, 2018
First of all God no let me carry my son or daughter go repeat secondary school,

If anyone tries this with my son, it's an automated amputation for him or her,

My son is not a slave, u shave his head, u have insulted my family and ancestors, retribution will be swift and painful

3 Likes

Re: Covenant University Punished Students For Keeping Their Hair (video) by Bluffly: 4:13pm On Apr 03, 2018
But come to that think of it. Why would a black man believes he is responsible only when his hair as a male is either shaved or cut very low. What makes it a crime to keep your hair.

We need to do away with a shallow mentality. As long as you are well shaped, moderate height, and no funny cuts, you should be good.

What the heck.

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Punished Students For Keeping Their Hair (video) by sirusX(m): 4:16pm On Apr 03, 2018
Singing...

I am not my hair
I am not this skin
I am not your expectations no no

[Chorus]

(Whoa, whoa, whoa)
Does the way I wear my hair make me a better person?
(Whoa, whoa, whoa)
Does the way I wear my hair make me a better friend? Oooh
(Whoa, whoa, whoa)
Does the way I wear my hair determine my integrity?
(Whoa, whoa, whoa)
I am expressing my creativity..
Re: Covenant University Punished Students For Keeping Their Hair (video) by ThatCEO: 4:24pm On Apr 03, 2018
gr8child:

You r even going too far. What's the relationship between an haircut n intelligence, or being able to perform a task? Our lecturers n educational institutions have nothing to offer the students, so, I see this their moral stance as perhaps, a way to make it look as if they r imparting something. "Let it not be as if we r doing nothing."

In other climes, a teacher doesn't care about the length of your skirt. Boys and girls live together in the same hostel or r allowed free visits or sleepovers. Students r allowed to do their frat things, get drunk n all. In fact, some lecturers won't even care if you r pressing your phone in class. You can wear your t shirt n slippers for a project defense. Nobody cares about that as long as u r making sense. But in my dear country, we prioritize morals ahead of knowledge, yet we steal more than any other country. Even among d religious organizations that cut off the boy's hair, the scale of thievery is on par with the politicians. Schools where a student is not allowed access to smartphones, what madness!

4 Likes

Re: Covenant University Punished Students For Keeping Their Hair (video) by kuntash: 4:36pm On Apr 03, 2018
HoodBillionaire:
wat a shame.
primary school
omormor uni.
pa james style
aka sule

While not challenge any of their product with yourself, that would actually be the yardstick to judge since the end justifies the Omomo university as you put it..
Re: Covenant University Punished Students For Keeping Their Hair (video) by babtaima(m): 4:36pm On Apr 03, 2018
Re: Covenant University Punished Students For Keeping Their Hair (video) by boldone(m): 4:44pm On Apr 03, 2018
imagine, Africa mentality is something, so those that has long hairs are immoral and irresponsible?keeping hair to me is a form of fashion, you choose what fit you the most. and those that are complaining about that are mostly bald headed, you know what I mean those whose head is a desert, so to me its battle for supremacy
Re: Covenant University Punished Students For Keeping Their Hair (video) by laudate: 4:49pm On Apr 03, 2018
DCMIX:
the young adult chose to behave like a little child, the best thing to do is to treat him like one.

I don't buy the idea of sending students out of school especially at the gate. The student might have important things to do. Just make him regret breaking the rules.

If na me be dat student, I will just carry that badly cut hairstyle for a month in order to infuriate them. I will not cut it off. Nansense! angry Are they teaching 16 year olds, or young adults?

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Punished Students For Keeping Their Hair (video) by gr8child(m): 4:57pm On Apr 03, 2018
tayoccu:

you do not know jack about that prison, sorry school.
their rules evolve by the day, something can be perfectly legal when you wake up, and be illegal by the end of the day.

school wey male porter dey enter female hostel seize gstrings

shocked

One day these people will cross a line they cannot cross back. Then begging will start.
Re: Covenant University Punished Students For Keeping Their Hair (video) by crafteck(m): 5:19pm On Apr 03, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Very well deserved.

University is about allowing them choose
Preparing them for a world without guidance
This is the opposite
Re: Covenant University Punished Students For Keeping Their Hair (video) by penance(m): 5:28pm On Apr 03, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Very well deserved.

So Soyinka wey be nobel laureate with him over size hair na bad pesin....ok o

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Punished Students For Keeping Their Hair (video) by lexxwiz(m): 5:32pm On Apr 03, 2018
Einstein had worse hair!! Leave this kids to express themselves. Whats a uni for again? Bleeh!
Re: Covenant University Punished Students For Keeping Their Hair (video) by ennyj01(m): 5:34pm On Apr 03, 2018

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FUTA Students Arrested For Beating Up 100 Level Female Student / Pictures Of Bayero University, Kano / Lady Who Sold Noodles & Egg To Sponsor Herself Through University. PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.