Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,405 members, 7,815,888 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:20 PM

Covenant University Punished Students For Keeping Their Hair (video) - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Covenant University Punished Students For Keeping Their Hair (video) (45378 Views)

Kwarapoly Graduating Students Punished For Stylishly Signing Out After Its Ban / How We Are Punished In Nigerian Secondary & Primary Schools (Photos) / Unilorin Post-utme: Male Candidates Made To Cut Their Hair, Females Rent Wrapper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Covenant University Punished Students For Keeping Their Hair (video) by bionixs: 5:36pm On Apr 03, 2018
seankay:
WTF is Nigeria like this?
oga,please leave us like this with our Nigeria. we like am so abeg
Re: Covenant University Punished Students For Keeping Their Hair (video) by ClintonDal(m): 5:52pm On Apr 03, 2018
The problem with us is that we put energy into frivolous matters and when the right situation comes for us to exercise our God given Human rights, everyone stays silent.
I thought they were run by a church? And what happened to don't judge by looks of the container but by its content?
Reason why we would never get it right in that country. Smh
Re: Covenant University Punished Students For Keeping Their Hair (video) by vroy(m): 5:54pm On Apr 03, 2018
Even for my sec Sku days I dey keep my hair to 3months not to talk of a uni
Re: Covenant University Punished Students For Keeping Their Hair (video) by Kobicove(m): 5:58pm On Apr 03, 2018
chuckdee4:
All these private universities sef, they are simply pet project for the owners to run like dictators.
How can you do this to a grown man, who has paid loads to study, will the length of his hair affect his academics?

How much they paid as fees is irrelevant here...

They knew the rules when they signed up to study at the school. undecided
Re: Covenant University Punished Students For Keeping Their Hair (video) by sharrp: 6:23pm On Apr 03, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Very well deserved.
A university degree is earned in both character and in learning.

Bushy haired students are naturally considered bereft of good character.
I stand with Covenant University on this.
This is our problem, we focus on irrelevant stuffs. Most great scientists kept a lot of beard and hair.
Re: Covenant University Punished Students For Keeping Their Hair (video) by ct2: 6:24pm On Apr 03, 2018
Herrmes:
True it's an academic environment, then why the need to cut off the hair of some students?
the institute needs to show zero tolerance for such character
Re: Covenant University Punished Students For Keeping Their Hair (video) by Herrmes: 7:35pm On Apr 03, 2018
ct2:
the institute needs to show zero tolerance for such character
Do you know what character is?
Re: Covenant University Punished Students For Keeping Their Hair (video) by ct2: 7:54pm On Apr 03, 2018
Herrmes:
Do you know what character is?
the way u dress is the way you are addressed
Re: Covenant University Punished Students For Keeping Their Hair (video) by DCMIX(m): 8:16pm On Apr 03, 2018
laudate:

If na me be dat student, I will just carry that badly cut hairstyle for a month in order to infuriate them. I will not cut it off. Nansense! angry Are they teaching 16 year olds, or young adults?
grin grin grin and you think you will be punishing the school by doing that?
Re: Covenant University Punished Students For Keeping Their Hair (video) by laudate: 8:20pm On Apr 03, 2018
DCMIX:
grin grin grin and you think you will be punishing the school by doing that?

Of course! By carrying that haircut, I am thumbing my nose at them and the academic barbers on campus, will get more infuriated. There is nothing as upsetting as trying to teach someone a lesson, and that lesson is not sinking in... cheesy

In fact, I will make sure the haircut sets a new trend on campus. cool Anyway, they can only try that crap with glorified secondary school students like the undergraduates in Covenant. No true Akokite will tolerate that nansense!

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Punished Students For Keeping Their Hair (video) by doctimonyeka(m): 8:43pm On Apr 03, 2018
damilare7:
gbam!!!
God will help us..
Re: Covenant University Punished Students For Keeping Their Hair (video) by Henon: 9:23pm On Apr 03, 2018
This is very bad.
Re: Covenant University Punished Students For Keeping Their Hair (video) by Nobody: 10:14pm On Apr 03, 2018
You are mad and you have no one to tell you
DonPikko:
only in Nigeria
Re: Covenant University Punished Students For Keeping Their Hair (video) by Nobody: 10:39pm On Apr 03, 2018
Where did you find this photo cheesy It's a bit old sha, let's look for something new na
DonPikko:
cheesy
Re: Covenant University Punished Students For Keeping Their Hair (video) by OyinO: 10:50pm On Apr 03, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Very well deserved. A university degree is earned in both character and in learning.
Bushy haired students are naturally considered bereft of good character. I stand with Covenant University on this.
But Jesus has a long and bushy hair
Re: Covenant University Punished Students For Keeping Their Hair (video) by Bifrost: 12:15am On Apr 04, 2018
So Afro is what you people now call 'bushy hair'?

See mine. Come and cut it.

Re: Covenant University Punished Students For Keeping Their Hair (video) by AfroSocaholic(f): 12:42am On Apr 04, 2018
tayoccu:

you do not know jack about that prison, sorry school.
their rules evolve by the day, something can be perfectly legal when you wake up, and be illegal by the end of the day.

school wey male porter dey enter female hostel seize gstrings

Exactly!! If the outcome of obeying the rules was being trouble free then most of us won't be complaining! Like he said rules are made everyday, from the most reasonable to the most absurd
Re: Covenant University Punished Students For Keeping Their Hair (video) by franceezfresh: 6:25am On Apr 04, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Very well deserved.
A university degree is earned in both character and in learning.

Bushy haired students are naturally considered bereft of good character.
I stand with Covenant University on this.

This one na talk?
Re: Covenant University Punished Students For Keeping Their Hair (video) by franceezfresh: 6:35am On Apr 04, 2018
DCMIX:
the young adult chose to behave like a little child, the best thing to do is to treat him like one.

I don't buy the idea of sending students out of school especially at the gate. The student might have important things to do. Just make him regret breaking the rules.

Stop talking like a fool jare
Re: Covenant University Punished Students For Keeping Their Hair (video) by Mofe72: 7:07am On Apr 04, 2018
AngelicBeing:
How about flogging them with koboko tongue

They don’t flog
Re: Covenant University Punished Students For Keeping Their Hair (video) by habsydiamond(m): 8:16am On Apr 04, 2018
All these advance secondary schools dem.....that's what u get when u attend one....the return of Abija the man who brought GSM to Nigeria movie industry... grin grin grin
Re: Covenant University Punished Students For Keeping Their Hair (video) by tayoccu(m): 8:45am On Apr 04, 2018
laudate:

Of course! By carrying that haircut, I am thumbing my nose at them and the academic barbers on campus, will get more infuriated. There is nothing as upsetting as trying to teach someone a lesson, and that lesson is not sinking in... cheesy

In fact, I will make sure the haircut sets a new trend on campus. cool Anyway, they can only try that crap with glorified secondary school students like the undergraduates in Covenant. No true Akokite will tolerate that nansense!

abegii!!!!
unilag wey dey do pta meeting!
I thought you would mention hardcore schools like Ibadan/Ife...
Re: Covenant University Punished Students For Keeping Their Hair (video) by laudate: 8:47am On Apr 04, 2018
tayoccu:
abegii!!!!
unilag wey dey do pta meeting!
I thought you would mention hardcore schools like Ibadan/Ige...
And what is wrong with PTA meeting? All private unis do it, too......
Re: Covenant University Punished Students For Keeping Their Hair (video) by FictionEditor: 1:24pm On Apr 04, 2018
Nobody is even talking about the health implications. One clipper for several hundred students. HIV...all sorts.

I attended the school, but this is absolute stupidity.

I wonder if the Dean realizes that the people attending that school no well. It's to wait for him outside school.

The riot they did last time did not calm them. Maybe it's time for another one.
Re: Covenant University Punished Students For Keeping Their Hair (video) by DCMIX(m): 1:32pm On Apr 04, 2018
franceezfresh:

Stop talking like a fool jare
Must u insult me?
Re: Covenant University Punished Students For Keeping Their Hair (video) by tayoccu(m): 1:44pm On Apr 04, 2018
laudate:

And what is wrong with PTA meeting? All private unis do it, too......

nope, I attended a private uni (thankfully not one run by religious bigots), and my parents were never summoned for any yeye meeting.
Re: Covenant University Punished Students For Keeping Their Hair (video) by tayoccu(m): 1:46pm On Apr 04, 2018
DCMIX:
Must u insult me?
you kinda had it coming
Re: Covenant University Punished Students For Keeping Their Hair (video) by DCMIX(m): 1:56pm On Apr 04, 2018
tayoccu:

you kinda had it coming
I don't blame you, I blame technology. Ok?
Re: Covenant University Punished Students For Keeping Their Hair (video) by laudate: 3:33pm On Apr 04, 2018
tayoccu:
nope, I attended a private uni (thankfully not one run by religious bigots), and my parents were never summoned for any yeye meeting.

Maybe the PTA forum has not been established in your school, or they forgot to invite your parents for the meeting. Don't worry, PTA meetings will soon take place there, it is only a matter of time.... undecided
Re: Covenant University Punished Students For Keeping Their Hair (video) by tayoccu(m): 4:04pm On Apr 04, 2018
laudate:

Maybe the PTA forum has not been established in your school, or they forgot to invite your parents for the meeting. Don't worry, PTA meetings will soon take place there, it is only a matter of time.... undecided

lwkmd!
e no fit happen, when no be unilag or covenant
Re: Covenant University Punished Students For Keeping Their Hair (video) by laudate: 4:11pm On Apr 04, 2018
tayoccu:
lwkmd!
e no fit happen, when no be unilag or covenant

Keep deceiving yourself....!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

UNILORIN Student Sits On The Main Road, Attempting Suicide Over Ponzi Scheme / FUTA Students Arrested For Beating Up 100 Level Female Student / Pictures Of Bayero University, Kano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.