Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,862 members, 7,810,288 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:45 AM

Petty Theft At Shoprite Checkout Points, My Experience - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Petty Theft At Shoprite Checkout Points, My Experience (30892 Views)

Black Friday At Shoprite: Nigerians Struggle To Buy Goods / This Nigerian Man And His Friends Slept At Shoprite In Lagos / Coldstone Creamery Is Trying To Cover Up A Theft At Their Lekki Outlet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Petty Theft At Shoprite Checkout Points, My Experience by dokkyelele(f): 5:55pm On Apr 11, 2018
calddon:
So i purchased few items from ShopRite today, was told by the checkout staff that my bill was 2200, paid 2500 and she gave me 300 balance alongside my invoice. I took a second look into the invoice to find out my bill was actually 2127 instead of 2200 as stated by the attendant. I sharply went back to her and she started speaking in tongues all to her defence...that she forgot, made a mistake and all sort of blas undecided

Noted
Guys please when you go shopping at checkouts without the LED display showing your bill, please check your invoice properly.

I hate it when people try to make money through dishonest means...just imagine how many people she might be doing this to, 77ngn ×1000 customers ain't no small cash.
Re: Petty Theft At Shoprite Checkout Points, My Experience by BetaThings: 5:55pm On Apr 11, 2018
Pusyiter:
RED of course. LIVERPOOL FOR LIFE!! lol

Which Liverpool?
Bayern will drown you in a pool of blood from your own punctured liver

You will walk alone then

Let me drop out before Anfield mob maul me
Re: Petty Theft At Shoprite Checkout Points, My Experience by mikolo80: 5:57pm On Apr 11, 2018
BetaThings:

I am buttressing your point
We are squarely on the same page

The way our youths reason is baffling
i know
but you need to challenge the ppl with bad philosophy directly to change their behaviour
when they see many ppl attacking their stupid menta;lity of encouraging theft
Re: Petty Theft At Shoprite Checkout Points, My Experience by Acidosis(m): 5:59pm On Apr 11, 2018
slex:

So are you saying I don't work hard?

No, he is saying people like you have a way of attracting stup!d politicians. If you don't see any wrong in lying to a customer to extort N100, you won't see any wrong with a politician stealing and looting the resources of unborn generations.

Some Nigerians are so difficult to do business with. Most of you here can ruin a conglomerate with una "big man", " I don't care" and "I have arrived" stinky mentality. Why won't politicians loot your resources when most of you would rather form big man with una 100k salary when you all should be speaking against social injustice and gross criminality in the nation.

6 Likes

Re: Petty Theft At Shoprite Checkout Points, My Experience by bigtt76(f): 6:03pm On Apr 11, 2018
Exactly. I face this each time I go to VFS Global to submit applications. The bank tellers from Sterling Bank will always tell you no change just to keep the N100 or N50 or any small amount. I de red eye give them wait for my change. What nonsense. The way they make it look like .....whats with the small change sef ....they will tell you bluntly no change grin

flyca:

Rubbish!
He can dash the attendant money IF HE WILLS, but calling 2133 N2200 is theft! Simple and short.

1 Like

Re: Petty Theft At Shoprite Checkout Points, My Experience by Acidosis(m): 6:04pm On Apr 11, 2018
xtivin:
O.P the evidence you posted is enough to make the attendant jobless tomorrow, I suggest you blur some sensitive part. The company can see this and decide to do a follow up to save their image.

If he becomes jobless, another will take the job, it is that simple. There is always someone willing to take available positions.

1 Like

Re: Petty Theft At Shoprite Checkout Points, My Experience by BetaThings: 6:04pm On Apr 11, 2018
folakemigeh:
You should have told her softly or joking rather than rushing back with a fiery and frowning face asking for your 73 Naira as if thats the end of the world.

Truly she's wrong by not admitting that she owes you a change and she doesn't have it

They don't talk to thieves in Oshodi in a soft manner. no matter the item stolen
So likes should be treated the same

folakemigeh:
Guys like you will go through the list of the food items one by one and ask for correct change from Wifey

So what do the wives go through?
And why should she give the guy reason to go through the list? Has she been padding? Is that honest

1 Like

Re: Petty Theft At Shoprite Checkout Points, My Experience by femtex007(m): 6:05pm On Apr 11, 2018
Same thing happened to me here at shoprite Enugu. Hv got home bfor I noticed d fraud.
Re: Petty Theft At Shoprite Checkout Points, My Experience by BetaThings: 6:09pm On Apr 11, 2018
bigtt76:
Exactly. I face this each time I go to VFS Global to submit applications. The bank tellers from Sterling Bank will always tell you no change just to keep the N100 or N50 or any small amount. I de red eye give them wait for my change. What nonsense. The way they make it look like .....whats with the small change sef ....they will tell you bluntly no change grin

When a banker does this, you can be sure she is a fraudster
This is the way they practise salami fraud
They take 1k from the account of millions of customers and credit it into a single account

I don't allow anyone to steal my money because it is too small
If I am owing the bank, they will collect to the last kobo
If I want to give, it is different
I wont cooperate with thieves

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Petty Theft At Shoprite Checkout Points, My Experience by Festacbreed(m): 6:10pm On Apr 11, 2018
Jaqenhghar:

Funny enough its people who dont understand money or know the pain of working hard to earn money that reason like you. Even Bill Gates himself wont subscribe to this thought

[size=8pt][/size]
you've said it all no mind them

2 Likes

Re: Petty Theft At Shoprite Checkout Points, My Experience by md17: 6:12pm On Apr 11, 2018
Hilarious!!! grin
daamazing:
It's called rounding up grin
Re: Petty Theft At Shoprite Checkout Points, My Experience by Acidosis(m): 6:14pm On Apr 11, 2018
LUCKIE2014:
The poster sounds like someone that will dash a person 100naira and use it as a point of reference of being a giver for a whole year. There are somethings you let go not because you are a fool, but because you are a bigger person. Dude was even calculating 77*1000persons. Lol.

Actually, failure to speak against theft and criminality is what makes one a FOOL.

Tomorrow, that guy will get more education and ask people like you to vote for him. Guess what, his experience at the fastfood would be deployed to loot your resources and that of your generations.
That was how we were romancing Atiku while he was looting small small money at Nigeria's Custom. Same way your forefathers romanced Buhari's PTDF loot.

Today, these men are still looting your resources and you are here breeding new sets of looters for your Children.

I can't do business with people like you. You can ruin Microsoft and Facebook together in 1 week.

Here is the rule: whenever you're cheated, confront the looter, even if you're too big to collect your change, ensure you confront them and make them realize their game. Failure to talk or walking away while you're being scammed is what makes one a fool.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Petty Theft At Shoprite Checkout Points, My Experience by xtivin(m): 6:20pm On Apr 11, 2018
Acidosis:

If he becomes jobless, another will take the job, it is that simple. There is always someone willing to take available positions.
That's not nice!, from experience, if you expose someone's weakness nature has a way of exposing your own weakness. Woe unto those who cause another to fall. You never can tell if that fellow is a bread winner. Just saying though
Re: Petty Theft At Shoprite Checkout Points, My Experience by Acidosis(m): 6:23pm On Apr 11, 2018
xtivin:

That's not nice!, from experience, if you expose someone's weakness nature has a way of exposing your own weakness. Woe unto those who cause another to fall. You never can tell if that fellow is a bread winner. Just saying though

Yeah, don't expose Buhari's weakness, until $1 dollar equals your 6 months Naira salary.

2 Likes

Re: Petty Theft At Shoprite Checkout Points, My Experience by oyetpel(m): 6:27pm On Apr 11, 2018
phemmyfour:
Stingy guy....how much is N73

Its not about stinginess, look at the op receipt well.

His total amount is 2,127, he gave her 2,500, and she gave him 300 change, but on the receipt she wrote that 2,200 was the money the guy paid him.

This is a theft that should be reported to shoprite management.

1 Like

Re: Petty Theft At Shoprite Checkout Points, My Experience by Mutemenot(m): 6:41pm On Apr 11, 2018
Same happened to me in shoprite unfortunately I discovered it late.
Re: Petty Theft At Shoprite Checkout Points, My Experience by zeestone99(m): 6:53pm On Apr 11, 2018
[quote author=reservd post=66625108][/quote]
It doesn't matter bros
Re: Petty Theft At Shoprite Checkout Points, My Experience by slex(m): 6:54pm On Apr 11, 2018
Acidosis:

No, he is saying people like you have a way of attracting stup!d politicians. If you don't see any wrong in lying to a customer to extort N100, you won't see any wrong with a politician stealing and looting the resources of unborn generations.

Some Nigerians are so difficult to do business with. Most of you here can ruin a conglomerate with una "big man", " I don't care" and "I have arrived" stinky mentality. Why won't politicians loot your resources when most of you would rather form big man with una 100k salary when you all should be speaking against social injustice and gross criminality in the nation.

You've been seen.
Re: Petty Theft At Shoprite Checkout Points, My Experience by Afam4eva(m): 6:54pm On Apr 11, 2018
ifyalways:
Something similar happened to me @ Sandton mall, SA, early this year. A hand bag I neither saw, touched nor carried was added to my bill, checked out and I paid. Noticed at the shop door, went right back in and the girl claimed it was a mistake. I got my refund and lots of apologies.
Their stealing for SA no get mate. I was transiting through Oliver Tambo enroute Mauritius and i as i rode the escalator downstairs, a black airport worker squeezed through and i wondered where he was hurrying to that he couldnt just wait for the escalator to take him down. It was when they called my flight that i started looking for my phone inside my boxers and where i did not keep it. That guy fapped by phone in a very professional manner,

1 Like

Re: Petty Theft At Shoprite Checkout Points, My Experience by BetaThings: 6:55pm On Apr 11, 2018
xtivin:

Actually if we went by this, we will never expose any thief of fraudster
And we would need to turn loose all those in detention
Re: Petty Theft At Shoprite Checkout Points, My Experience by JastSiryin(m): 6:56pm On Apr 11, 2018
hayjayman:
Guy, you Bleep up... So you can exhibit the "keep-the-change" while you shop in a mall.. That you had to take time to post this and discourage people willing to give..... Na wa for u.... The fact is most people know about the issue, but just ignore... It's everywhere even in Mcdonalds
Bros stop trying to look big. Sleazy people like that lady don't deserve tips, that was daylight robbery. Stop encouraging theft

1 Like

Re: Petty Theft At Shoprite Checkout Points, My Experience by Kotodoctor: 7:14pm On Apr 11, 2018
folakemigeh:
You should have told her softly or joking rather than rushing back with a fiery and frowning face asking for your 73 Naira as if thats the end of the world.

Truly she's wrong by not admitting that she owes you a change and she doesn't have it

Guys like you will go through the list of the food items one by one and ask for correct change from Wifey

Keep quiet! It's the girl that should have told the nigga playfully in the first place that he wants to keep the change. You know weather him get use for the money for this hard time.

Girl like you go de get that behavior, before you de see the obvious so, but still wan turn am around.

1 Like

Re: Petty Theft At Shoprite Checkout Points, My Experience by Nobody: 7:24pm On Apr 11, 2018
After reading few comments here... I feel pity for the future of Nigeria...

2 Likes

Re: Petty Theft At Shoprite Checkout Points, My Experience by mozele(m): 7:25pm On Apr 11, 2018
daamazing:
It's called rounding up grin

you don tey for the game be that. Oga police! See ya customer yeeer
Re: Petty Theft At Shoprite Checkout Points, My Experience by afrikanns: 7:47pm On Apr 11, 2018
hayjayman:
Guy, you Bleep up... So you can exhibit the "keep-the-change" while you shop in a mall.. That you had to take time to post this and discourage people willing to give..... Na wa for u.... The fact is most people know about the issue, but just ignore... It's everywhere even in Mcdonalds

You. must be a dim wit for supporting that robbery attitude of her/ him. Bird of the feather. shame

1 Like

Re: Petty Theft At Shoprite Checkout Points, My Experience by Sagay212: 8:22pm On Apr 11, 2018
folakemigeh:

my brother...there's serious poverty in the land....see as the guy serious carry the matter come NL....LMAO.. it could have actually been a genuine mistake. Some stupid people go into a supermarket, whether shoprite or any other place and start picking different things without calculating in the money in their hand or account will be enough to pay. they get to the till and the cashier scans everything. when they see the total price, the get shocked and begin to remove some items. of course such irresponsible behaviour could make the cashier over charge you..

Everybody wants to buy at shoprite. they will ignore the aboki and other smaller shops close to them and be running to shoprite to buy 2 pieces of indomie, one ribena, one bottle fanta, 2 small 100 naira biscuit and so many other rubbish petty things and be wasting other people's and the cashier's time at the till. why OP cover some of the things he bought. awon oniranu dede.

1 Like

Re: Petty Theft At Shoprite Checkout Points, My Experience by osholuamhe: 8:29pm On Apr 11, 2018
calddon:
So i purchased few items from ShopRite today, was told by the checkout staff that my bill was 2200, paid 2500 and she gave me 300 balance alongside my invoice. I took a second look into the invoice to find out my bill was actually 2127 instead of 2200 as stated by the attendant. I sharply went back to her and she started speaking in tongues all to her defence...that she forgot, made a mistake and all sort of blas undecided

Guys please when you go shopping at checkouts without the LED display showing your bill, please check your invoice properly.

I hate it when people try to make money through dishonest means...just imagine how many people she might be doing this to, 77ngn ×1000 customers ain't no small cash.

Paying on the POS will help better.
Re: Petty Theft At Shoprite Checkout Points, My Experience by oyetpel(m): 8:36pm On Apr 11, 2018
Sagay212:

my brother...there's serious poverty in the land....see as the guy serious carry the matter come NL....LMAO.. it could have actually been a genuine mistake. Some stupid people go into a supermarket, whether shoprite or any other place and start picking different things without calculating in the money in their hand or account will be enough to pay. they get to the till and the cashier scans everything. when they see the total price, the get shocked and begin to remove some items. of course such irresponsible behaviour could make the cashier over charge you..

Everybody wants to buy at shoprite. they will ignore the aboki and other smaller shops close to them and be running to shoprite to buy 2 pieces of indomie, one ribena, one bottle fanta, 2 small 100 naira biscuit and so many other rubbish petty things and be wasting other people's and the cashier's time at the till. why OP cover some of the things he bought. awon oniranu dede.

Its not a mistake.

Check the op receipt. Check the money the op gave the cashier, check what the cashier recorded in the receipt.

Y'all are getting the op wrong, that cashier is a confirmed thief.

1 Like

Re: Petty Theft At Shoprite Checkout Points, My Experience by Sagay212: 8:44pm On Apr 11, 2018
oyetpel:

Its not a mistake.

Check the op receipt. Check the money the op gave the cashier, check what the cashier recorded in the receipt.

Y'all are getting the op wrong, that cashier is a confirmed thief.

confirmed thief for 73 naira...please don't tell me how the 73 naira will add up to so much money if the cashier does it to so many other people. stop going to shoprite to buy rubbish. buy from aboki wey dey near you.
Re: Petty Theft At Shoprite Checkout Points, My Experience by oyetpel(m): 8:46pm On Apr 11, 2018
Sagay212:

confirmed thief for 73 naira...please don't tell me how the 73 naira will add up to so much money if the cashier does it to so many other people. stop going to shoprite to buy rubbish. buy from aboki wey dey near you.

You lack sense, e be like say that's your sister dey thief for her checkout point.

2 Likes

Re: Petty Theft At Shoprite Checkout Points, My Experience by Tonimordred(m): 9:04pm On Apr 11, 2018
Dats d handwrk of poverty cos if u r dat rich u wnt go 2ru d invoice....blackman brain
Re: Petty Theft At Shoprite Checkout Points, My Experience by Nobody: 9:05pm On Apr 11, 2018
Acidosis:

Actually, failure to speak against theft and criminality is what makes one a FOOL.

Tomorrow, that guy will get more education and ask people like you to vote for him. Guess what, his experience at the fastfood would be deployed to loot your resources and that of your generations.
That was how we were romancing Atiku while he was looting small small money at Nigeria's Custom. Same way your forefathers romanced Buhari's PTDF loot.

Today, these men are still looting your resources and you are here breeding new sets of looters for your Children.

I can't do business with people like you. You can ruin Microsoft and Facebook together in 1 week.

Here is the rule: whenever you're cheated, confront the looter, even if you're too big to collect your change, ensure you confront them and make them realize their game. Failure to talk or walking away while you're being scammed is what makes one a fool.

Confrontation in order to correct behavior is good, I am not disputing that in this scenario but what I find funny is coming to a social media platform to not just only talk about it, but shaming the individual and the company where the person works.

Talking about such experience shaping the mindset of the individual who is obviously an adult to go into a bigger theft is disputable because such individual's mindset at that age is already shaped, he/she is just waiting for a bigger opportunity to commit the bigger theft therefore no amount of confrontation can effect such behavior

If we are strongly determined to change the mindset of individuals in this country for the better, then whatsoever values or morals we want to instill, have to come from the position of political power whereby in government, you strategically make and enforce laws that will shape the family, educational and other aspect of the society to directly affect and change the mindset and behavior of the larger population.

However, confronting one individual or individuals as you posited, amongst a majority of similar mindset individuals in a population of 198million amounts to just wasting your time, sweat and saliva. Best is to just shrug and walk away as long as it doesn't affect your pocket or esteem.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan / How Much Is Petrol Selling For In Your Area? / Inside Osun's Revived Cocoa Factory, Ede, Osun state. (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.