Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,090 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:32 AM

Petty Theft At Shoprite Checkout Points, My Experience - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Petty Theft At Shoprite Checkout Points, My Experience (30946 Views)

Black Friday At Shoprite: Nigerians Struggle To Buy Goods / This Nigerian Man And His Friends Slept At Shoprite In Lagos / Coldstone Creamery Is Trying To Cover Up A Theft At Their Lekki Outlet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Petty Theft At Shoprite Checkout Points, My Experience by Pusyiter(m): 9:45am On Apr 13, 2018
I think the advice is to use POS to make payment or betterstill, carry change dey waka. All those chicks no go draw my legs out.
cchiagom:

Yes that's true, not as spacious as shoprite
Re: Petty Theft At Shoprite Checkout Points, My Experience by Makschinchin: 2:19pm On Apr 13, 2018
hayjayman:
Guy, you Bleep up... So you can exhibit the "keep-the-change" while you shop in a mall.. That you had to take time to post this and discourage people willing to give..... Na wa for u.... The fact is most people know about the issue, but just ignore... It's everywhere even in Mcdonalds

@bold

those same people will enter our local market and be pricing stuffs from people that are hustling to make ends meet.. they will never leave a penny for these hustlers even if it's 20 Naira.. they will go to super markets and be forming "u can keep the change" but if you see them in the local stores you will be very disappointed..

although not all of them sha
grin
Re: Petty Theft At Shoprite Checkout Points, My Experience by hayjayman(m): 3:07pm On Apr 13, 2018
Makschinchin:

@bold

those same people will enter our local market and be pricing stuffs from people that are hustling to make ends meet.. they will never leave a penny for these hustlers even if it's 20 Naira.. they will go to super markets and be forming "u can keep the change" but if you see them in the local stores you will be very disappointed..

although not all of them sha
grin

You are very right!!
Re: Petty Theft At Shoprite Checkout Points, My Experience by cchiagom(f): 12:47pm On Apr 14, 2018
Pusyiter:
I think the advice is to use POS to make payment or betterstill, carry change dey waka. All those chicks no go draw my legs out.
Hahaha, No be Naija we dey?

1 Like

Re: Petty Theft At Shoprite Checkout Points, My Experience by lordbee(m): 4:41pm On Apr 24, 2018
My dear calddon this might just be an honest mistake, these cashiers at the till attend to a lot of customers and sometimes make these mistakes with the figures, cashiers cannot steal your money, because there are a lot of checks and balances done within the system and where there are excess cash and the discrepancy level is high most times they are punished. Another thing is that cannot hide money at the till, so they also are at risk of losing their job with these discrepancies so that's why the shock and confusion when someone tells them such happened. To title this post Petty Theft in Shoprite puts Shoprite in bad light where it is just an innocent mistake. Please it is important to note that people who serve you at these cash points are human too and they can make mistakes, approach them calmly where you notice a mistake and expect the best of service. Am sure if you had reported this to a supervisor or the manager they would have appologised. It is not good to rush to social media and share things like this. I'm sure you've gone to Shoprite severally and have had excellent service, how many have you shared thus? Just my humble opinion though.

calddon:
So i purchased few items from ShopRite today, was told by the checkout staff that my bill was 2200, paid 2500 and she gave me 300 balance alongside my invoice. I took a second look into the invoice to find out my bill was actually 2127 instead of 2200 as stated by the attendant. I sharply went back to her and she started speaking in tongues all to her defence...that she forgot, made a mistake and all sort of blas undecided

Guys please when you go shopping at checkouts without the LED display showing your bill, please check your invoice properly.

I hate it when people try to make money through dishonest means...just imagine how many people she might be doing this to, 77ngn ×1000 customers ain't no small cash.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

5 Major Reasons Why You Will Never Be Rich / Dangote Refinery: Bailing Out The Unbailable - Investment Or Bailout? / First Bank Rewards Top Performing Agents With Over 15 Million Naira (PHOTO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.