Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,981 members, 7,817,889 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:08 PM

Why Are There So Many Denominations In Religions Especially Christianity ? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are There So Many Denominations In Religions Especially Christianity ? (4283 Views)

Christians From Other Denominations Will Bow Before You - Adeboye Prays For RCCG / Can You Cancel Marriage Because Of Church Denominations Difference? / Do You Still Honour Church Invitation To Other Denominations? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are There So Many Denominations In Religions Especially Christianity ? by TOSIN116: 3:30pm On Apr 13, 2018
darkchild64:

what of the other laws in the old testament that you guys have discarded, even certain ones in the new testament too,are those ones not disobedience to Yahweh,or you select the ones that favour you and discard the ones that seem archaic ?

which other law?
sacrifice of rams?
Re: Why Are There So Many Denominations In Religions Especially Christianity ? by Nobody: 4:12pm On Apr 13, 2018
TOSIN116:

which other law?
sacrifice of rams?
go and read your bible and find out,let me cite an example the 3rd commandment says that you should observe the Sabbath day which you don't, now my question is

IS THAT NOT DISOBEDIENCE TO YAHWEH ?
Re: Why Are There So Many Denominations In Religions Especially Christianity ? by Nobody: 6:20pm On Apr 13, 2018
sKeetz:
Religions like Christianity claim they worship one true god, YAHWEH. They also claim that the Bible contains the word of god inspired by the holy spirit but what I find amusing is that they find it difficult to agree on basic doctrines such as the trinity which are the bedrock of the christian faith.

This gives rise to numerous denominations which keeps springing up every day. Each denomination hates the other and are always at logger heads. You can see their debates and arguments everywhere even here on nairaland. Can anyone explain this or is the holy spirit a spirit of confusion and chaos??

do not seek for religion seek God.
Re: Why Are There So Many Denominations In Religions Especially Christianity ? by TOSIN116: 10:48pm On Apr 13, 2018
darkchild64:

go and read your bible and find out,let me cite an example the 3rd commandment says that you should observe the Sabbath day which you don't, now my question is

IS THAT NOT DISOBEDIENCE TO YAHWEH ?
those laws are for jews
christians are not jews
christians worship on sunday because it the day chirst ressurected smiley
Re: Why Are There So Many Denominations In Religions Especially Christianity ? by Nobody: 6:14am On Apr 14, 2018
TOSIN116:

i'll recommend
ANGLICAN
RCCG

...anyone can add to the list
Catholic is the pioneer of Christianity, they translated the Bible into several language, as a matter of fact, they edited the bible to suit the roman empire...

You cannot say RCCG of yesterday is more authentic than catholic
Re: Why Are There So Many Denominations In Religions Especially Christianity ? by Nobody: 7:19am On Apr 14, 2018
TOSIN116:

those laws are for jews
christians are not jews
christians worship on sunday because it the day chirst ressurected smiley

so tithe is not for Jews

I don't know why some Christians can be so hypocritical

Christians do not worship on Sundays because Christ allegedly resurrected on Sunday,that is what they tell you people go and find out the history behind Christians worshipping on Sundays,besides those white garment churches that still worship on Saturday did they tell you that they don't believe Jesus resurrected, but regardless of the reason behind it one thing is clear,by not observing the sabbath day you are DISOBEYING Yahweh just the same you claim those not paying their tithe are disobeying him,and what is the criteria for knowing the laws that is restricted to Jews alone since all of them are all mosaic laws,it is obvious you guys simply pick the ones you want and dismiss the rest,such blatant hypocrisy gadddamit

1 Like

Re: Why Are There So Many Denominations In Religions Especially Christianity ? by Nobody: 7:22am On Apr 14, 2018
nwabekeyi:
Catholic is the pioneer of Christianity, they translated the Bible into several language, as a matter of fact, they edited the bible to suit the roman empire...

is not like I am advocating for Catholicism but there is a point in your post.
Even Anglicans when saying the apostles creed they say the line
"....we believe in one holy CATHOLIC church......"

1 Like

Re: Why Are There So Many Denominations In Religions Especially Christianity ? by Nobody: 7:38am On Apr 14, 2018
darkchild64:

is not like I am advocating for Catholicism but there is a point in your post.
Even Anglicans when saying the apostles creed they say the line
"....we believe in one holy CATHOLIC church......"
yeah, it's laughable when you see Pentecostal churches that were established few Years back try to rundown the effort of catholics in Christianity, as a matter of fact, Christianity as a word was formed by the old Greek Catholics..
And then you see someone who lacks knowledge of history come up to say that redeem is more authentic than Catholic...

N/B: I am not a Catholic

1 Like

Re: Why Are There So Many Denominations In Religions Especially Christianity ? by TOSIN116: 9:17am On Apr 14, 2018
darkchild64:

so tithe is not for Jews

I don't know why some Christians can be so hypocritical

Christians do not worship on Sundays because Christ allegedly resurrected on Sunday,that is what they tell you people go and find out the history behind Christians worshipping on Sundays,besides those white garment churches that still worship on Saturday did they tell you that they don't believe Jesus resurrected, but regardless of the reason behind it one thing is clear,by not observing the sabbath day you are DISOBEYING Yahweh just the same you claim those not paying their tithe are disobeying him,and what is the criteria for knowing the laws that is restricted to Jews alone since all of them are all mosaic laws,it is obvious you guys simply pick the ones you want and dismiss the rest,such blatant hypocrisy gadddamit
when paul and other christians were preaching did they preach about observing sabbath day?
Re: Why Are There So Many Denominations In Religions Especially Christianity ? by TOSIN116: 9:22am On Apr 14, 2018
nwabekeyi:

but the catholic church has some believes that are not true to the bible! that is why protestants like Anglican exists
Re: Why Are There So Many Denominations In Religions Especially Christianity ? by Nobody: 10:16am On Apr 14, 2018
sKeetz:

People are not the same everywhere I agree but there is only one YAHWEH right? All the different christian denominations claim they've been inspired by the holy spirit. If they all are inspired by the holy spirit, why are there contradictions in the way they understand the same bible
good question it is very true that the bible is inspired by the holy ghost and that different meanings can be gotten from the same scripture, on one hand the holy ghost can give varying insight to different people depending on their level of faith and revelation but on the other hand people will claim to see things that were not really there I am not speaking from hearsay I am speaking from a point of raw observation of people manifesting the gift of revelation if the bible was an ordinary mystery book it cannot reveal such truth
Re: Why Are There So Many Denominations In Religions Especially Christianity ? by orunto27: 11:55am On Apr 14, 2018
You seem to lack proper Understanding about Christ? Pray for Understanding and you'll get.
Re: Why Are There So Many Denominations In Religions Especially Christianity ? by Nobody: 4:52pm On Apr 14, 2018
TOSIN116:

but the catholic church has some believes that are not true to the bible! that is why protestants like Anglican exists
the Bible you are talking about was compiled by these same Catholics and you have to understand that you can interprete the Bible which ever way you wish to
Re: Why Are There So Many Denominations In Religions Especially Christianity ? by Nobody: 4:58pm On Apr 14, 2018
TOSIN116:

when paul and other christians were preaching did they preach about observing sabbath day?
not at all,as opposed to the numerous epistles Paul admonished Christians to pay their tithe
If I say common sense fall on you,people would say I am insulting you
Re: Why Are There So Many Denominations In Religions Especially Christianity ? by Nobody: 9:39pm On Apr 14, 2018
it is good we have many denomination because there are varieties to choose from. What is important is the message that draws you closer to God.Heaven is the key because there is no Christian denomination over there. Jehovah will never ask which church did you attend. He will judge you based on his word. Every scripture from Genesis to Revelation will be used to judge you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are There So Many Denominations In Religions Especially Christianity ? by achorladey: 10:24pm On Apr 14, 2018
asuustrike2009:
it is good we have many denomination because there are varieties to choose from. What is important is the message that draws you closer to God.Heaven is the key because there is no Christian denomination over there. Jehovah will never ask which church did you attend. He will judge you based on his word. Every scripture from Genesis to Revelation will be used to judge you.
It's good you added that all will be examined individually by God, because some denominations have placed themselves in between their followers and God. Some denominations now serve as mediator between their follower and God.

1 Like

Re: Why Are There So Many Denominations In Religions Especially Christianity ? by TOSIN116: 10:45pm On Apr 14, 2018
nwabekeyi:
the Bible you are talking about was compiled by these same Catholics and you have to understand that you can interprete the Bible which ever way you wish to
did you know most protestant never accepted the apocrypha as part of the scriptures
this should tell you that protestants dropped the false doctrines of the catholics
though not all protestants doctrines are good but i can boast of the nigeria anglican! cheesy
Re: Why Are There So Many Denominations In Religions Especially Christianity ? by Nobody: 10:51pm On Apr 14, 2018
achorladey:

It's good you added that all will be examined individually by God, because some denominations have placed themselves in between their followers and God. Some denominations now serve as mediator between their follower and God.
That is why every Christian should have constant fellowship with God. He reveals things to his own
Re: Why Are There So Many Denominations In Religions Especially Christianity ? by sKeetz(m): 1:00am On Apr 15, 2018
solite3:
do not seek for religion seek God.

Which of the gods are my to seek for:allah, Yahweh,Odin or Vishnu?
Re: Why Are There So Many Denominations In Religions Especially Christianity ? by sKeetz(m): 1:07am On Apr 15, 2018
Chidorx60:
good question it is very true that the bible is inspired by the holy ghost and that different meanings can be gotten from the same scripture, on one hand the holy ghost can give varying insight to different people depending on their level of faith and revelation but on the other hand people will claim to see things that were not really there I am not speaking from hearsay I am speaking from a point of raw observation of people manifesting the gift of revelation if the bible was an ordinary mystery book it cannot reveal such truth

this does not make sense. Are you implying that the Holy Ghost is a confusionist?
Re: Why Are There So Many Denominations In Religions Especially Christianity ? by sKeetz(m): 1:09am On Apr 15, 2018
orunto27:
You seem to lack proper Understanding about Christ? Pray for Understanding and you'll get.

It's obvious you have nothing to add to the discussion. You could have just ignored instead of making this unintelligent remark
Re: Why Are There So Many Denominations In Religions Especially Christianity ? by sKeetz(m): 1:15am On Apr 15, 2018
asuustrike2009:

If all the denominations are preaching different messages, how do we know the one that will get us closer to God.

For instance when you buy an electric appliance, it always comes with a users manual. Let's say you opened the box and found 10 different manual contradicting each other; You'll be furious and confused right ?
Re: Why Are There So Many Denominations In Religions Especially Christianity ? by orunto27: 4:34am On Apr 15, 2018
sKeetz:

It's obvious you have nothing to add to the discussion. You could have just ignored instead of making this unintelligent remark

I ignore.
Re: Why Are There So Many Denominations In Religions Especially Christianity ? by orunto27: 4:42am On Apr 15, 2018
sKeetz:

Ok. You know about Christ more than The Pope in Rome, Alexandria and Arch. Bishop of Canterbury.
Re: Why Are There So Many Denominations In Religions Especially Christianity ? by orunto27: 5:08am On Apr 15, 2018
Let's see if your Cabal will understand this?
Christianity is not only a series of ideas to worship God in Christ Jesus. Process!
But also a Reorganising and Reconstructing actions, interactions and movements Processes of worshipping God in Christ Jesus. Restructuring!!!
Happy Sunday !!!
Re: Why Are There So Many Denominations In Religions Especially Christianity ? by orunto27: 5:21am On Apr 15, 2018
We don't call it Denominations.
We call it "Restructured Processes of achieving Unity of Purpose, Progress and Growth of worshipping God in Christ Jesus" !!!
Re: Why Are There So Many Denominations In Religions Especially Christianity ? by Nobody: 6:58am On Apr 15, 2018
TOSIN116:

did you know most protestant never accepted the apocrypha as part of the scriptures
this should tell you that protestants dropped the false doctrines of the catholics
though not all protestants doctrines are good but i can boast of the nigeria anglican! cheesy
the problem is that you think yours is right.
My brother, no matter how you decide to inteprete the Bible, you will have your category of followers, no one knows the right one, everybody can defend his/her Christian practise with the bible, so don't be fast to call other doctrines false because you think yours is the best
Re: Why Are There So Many Denominations In Religions Especially Christianity ? by Rashduct4luv(m): 7:32am On Apr 15, 2018
Riofidelio:
To identify the true Christians you need to read about Jesus and carefully study His comments on every issue,by so doing you'll be able to identify the group following His footsteps. As for many different religions claiming Christian it's because every nation around the east have realized that Israelites have a God that's invincible so they're all trying to relate with the God of Israel! Even Arabs who are eternal enemies of Israelites are also trying to relate with the God of Israel,referring to all ancient faithful Israelites as prophets and insisted on calling them in Arabic. But all these religions are different because they believe in their founders they revered as prophets "not Jesus" including Muslims who are following Muhammad(an Arabian who tried to copy the Catholic Church during the 6th century)

Why do you have to lie on Muhammad like this? Anyone who worships Mary or "saints" or calls her mother of God or even call Jesus son of God is a non-muslim. So how was the Catholics copied in the 6th century?
Re: Why Are There So Many Denominations In Religions Especially Christianity ? by TOSIN116: 9:05am On Apr 15, 2018
nwabekeyi:
the problem is that you think yours is right.
My brother, no matter how you decide to inteprete the Bible, you will have your category of followers, no one knows the right one, everybody can defend his/her Christian practise with the bible, so don't be fast to call other doctrines false because you think yours is the best
any doctrines not in line with the sciptures is false
and i never said mine is the best
i said that what i can boast of
i know the are other good churches out there.
Re: Why Are There So Many Denominations In Religions Especially Christianity ? by Nobody: 9:17am On Apr 15, 2018
sKeetz:

this does not make sense. Are you implying that the Holy Ghost is a confusionist?
omg,is that all u could deduct from what I said, the same way we have collaborations to prove a mathematical hypothesis,were different point of views are added up by different minds,one scripture can have different meanings and the HolyGhost reveals as much as he wants to whom he wants, as long as its edifies the body of Christ, the only author of confusion is Satan,and people who view the scriptures from human perspectives
Re: Why Are There So Many Denominations In Religions Especially Christianity ? by Nobody: 9:23am On Apr 15, 2018
TOSIN116:

any doctrines not in line with the sciptures is false
and i never said mine is the best
i said that what i can boast of
i know the are other good churches out there.
that's your own point of view and the interpretation of the scriptures, a Catholic also believes your own doctrines are not inline with the scripture.

It just has to do with what you believe and how you interpretate the bible
Re: Why Are There So Many Denominations In Religions Especially Christianity ? by achorladey: 9:25am On Apr 15, 2018
asuustrike2009:

That is why every Christian should have constant fellowship with God. He reveals things to his own
I agree Q.E.D

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Santa Vs. God / Doesn’t Carbon-14 Dating Disprove The Bible? / Stop Punishing Gay Nigerians" -jos Archbishop Ignatius Kaigamatells FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.