Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,877 members, 7,828,120 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:36 AM

Reasons Why Some Guys Avoid Intelligent Girls - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Reasons Why Some Guys Avoid Intelligent Girls (2893 Views)

Guys, Avoid Neighborhood Romance. E Get Why. / Guys, avoid any lady that fits in this categories / Dear Struggling Guys, Avoid These Bad Habits (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reasons Why Some Guys Avoid Intelligent Girls by Easzy96(m): 3:08am On Apr 04, 2018
Whenever you ask an average Nigerian man what he desires in a woman, he is likely to reply you with comments like : a beautiful, intelligent, smart and God fearing woman. But deep down, does he have what he takes to manage an intelligent girl.
Firstly what is our idea of an intelligent girl. In this context we are not talking about a feminist. An intelligent girl knows that there is more to life than love. An intelligent girl knows what she wants and she is ready to do anything to get it. An intelligent girl will never rush into getting married. An intelligent girl do not really care about being the life of the party, they value authenticity over social skills. These characteristics will practically bore out an average Nigerian guy.
Here are some of the reasons why some Nigerian guys avoid intelligent girls.

• An average Nigerian guy is naturally bossy. He always wants to be the head. Especially if he is the first born of his family or the only male child of his mother (Igbo). Guys like this cannot handle an intelligent girl, because she is the woman of her own world. She does things in he own way. She cannot be bossed around. Relationship like this will never last.

• Intelligent girls are seen boring. They don’t care if they are the life of the party. For an average 9ja boy. ( She is killing the vibe) = (Ko shaprapra). He will expect her to ginger him, party hard with him, follow him to owambes every weekend but that is not in the genes of an intelligent girl. She would rather have a quite dinner with her boyfriend. So therefore they will definitely have issues.

• Intelligent girls are too polite and respectful. They treat everyone with so much courtesy. A friend of mine ones dated a girl with such quality. She was so respectful to the extend that my friend started taking her for granted , and he later lost her to another guy.

• There is definitely going to be a war of knowledge. Intelligent girls are smart enough and they always believe that their perception about everything is always right and other people’s opinion doesn’t matter. This will cause regular quarrel in a relationship, and in no time thing will fall apart

• They tend to intimidate their spouse with there intelligence. They seem like a threat to an average guy. Remember he like to be that boss, so therefore he will not be able handle the situation and he will absolutely lose her.

Personally, I am attracted to intelligent girl. But the real question we should be asking ourselves (Guy).
“Do we have what is takes to handle smart women?”.

Source: 9jalife.com.ng

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Some Guys Avoid Intelligent Girls by highqueen(f): 3:09am On Apr 04, 2018
true,they are scared of intelligent ladies that will challenge their flaws and their bluff.

they always go for those timid ones they can intimidate.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reasons Why Some Guys Avoid Intelligent Girls by Nobody: 3:39am On Apr 04, 2018
highqueen:
true,they are scared of intelligent ladies that will challenge their flaws and their bluff.

If 2 intelligence jam, the marriage no go sweet. That's just what he's saying. Not whether one to overlook your flaws. Overlooking flaws is actually maturity.
Re: Reasons Why Some Guys Avoid Intelligent Girls by taurusdude0(m): 3:50am On Apr 04, 2018
I have nothing to say the op just insulted igbo guys. I just dey vex

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Some Guys Avoid Intelligent Girls by Mastadestiny(m): 4:07am On Apr 04, 2018
True
Re: Reasons Why Some Guys Avoid Intelligent Girls by ubunja(m): 4:10am On Apr 04, 2018
i can not abide an intelligent woman. she'll tire me in 1 day straight. i love the pretty dumb one who'll go on and on about useless things that dont even matter. i just kick back and chillax at home.
smart women and ubunja are like oil and water.cant mix.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why Some Guys Avoid Intelligent Girls by emmie14: 4:22am On Apr 04, 2018
Where are the intelligent ladies? They are very scarce

4 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Some Guys Avoid Intelligent Girls by angelicdove(m): 5:07am On Apr 04, 2018
Intelligent ladies. I wish to date.

Angelicdove11998844@yahoo.com
Re: Reasons Why Some Guys Avoid Intelligent Girls by prechbills1(m): 5:11am On Apr 04, 2018
Easzy96:

[s]Whenever you ask an average Nigerian man what he desires in a woman, he is likely to reply you with comments like : a beautiful, intelligent, smart and God fearing woman. But deep down, does he have what he takes to manage an intelligent girl.
Firstly what is our idea of an intelligent girl. In this context we are not talking about a feminist. An intelligent girl knows that there is more to life than love. An intelligent girl knows what she wants and she is ready to do anything to get it. An intelligent girl will never rush into getting married. An intelligent girl do not really care about being the life of the party, they value authenticity over social skills. These characteristics will practically bore out an average Nigerian guy.
Here are some of the reasons why some Nigerian guys avoid intelligent girls.

• An average Nigerian guy is naturally bossy. He always wants to be the head. Especially if he is the first born of his family or the only male child of his mother (Igbo). Guys like this cannot handle an intelligent girl, because she is the woman of her own world. She does things in he own way. She cannot be bossed around. Relationship like this will never last.

• Intelligent girls are seen boring. They don’t care if they are the life of the party. For an average 9ja boy. ( She is killing the vibe) = (Ko shaprapra). He will expect her to ginger him, party hard with him, follow him to owambes every weekend but that is not in the genes of an intelligent girl. She would rather have a quite dinner with her boyfriend. So therefore they will definitely have issues.

• Intelligent girls are too polite and respectful. They treat everyone with so much courtesy. A friend of mine ones dated a girl with such quality. She was so respectful to the extend that my friend started taking her for granted , and he later lost her to another guy.

• There is definitely going to be a war of knowledge. Intelligent girls are smart enough and they always believe that their perception about everything is always right and other people’s opinion doesn’t matter. This will cause regular quarrel in a relationship, and in no time thing will fall apart

• They tend to intimidate their spouse with there intelligence. They seem like a threat to an average guy. Remember he like to be that boss, so therefore he will not be able handle the situation and he will absolutely lose her.

Personally, I am attracted to intelligent girl. But the real question we should be asking ourselves (Guy).
“Do we have what is takes to handle smart women?”.

Source: 9jalife.com.ng[/s]

guys like intelligent babes, things have changed..

any guy that wanna date should date a babe in his class, not some broke bitch... if you got cash, date babe that got cash.. fit to fit

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why Some Guys Avoid Intelligent Girls by prechbills1(m): 5:12am On Apr 04, 2018
highqueen:

do you understand what he meant by intelligent? or you just feel like commenting undecided
Re: Reasons Why Some Guys Avoid Intelligent Girls by prechbills1(m): 5:14am On Apr 04, 2018
ubunja:
[s]i can not abide an intelligent woman. she'll tire me in 1 day straight. i love the pretty dumb one who'll go on and on about useless things that dont even matter. i just kick back and chillax at home.
smart women and ubunja are like oil and water.cant mix[/s].

dude don't tell me you're a clown ,do you behave like this in real life? SMH undecided

4 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Some Guys Avoid Intelligent Girls by ubunja(m): 5:45am On Apr 04, 2018
prechbills1:

dude don't tell me you're a clown ,do you behave like this in real life? SMH undecided
dont obsess over another person's preferences.
Re: Reasons Why Some Guys Avoid Intelligent Girls by prechbills1(m): 5:45am On Apr 04, 2018
ubunja:
dont obsess over another person's preferences.

I'm sure you're living in a dream.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Some Guys Avoid Intelligent Girls by ubunja(m): 5:47am On Apr 04, 2018
prechbills1:

I'm sure you're living in a dream.
again. dont obsess
Re: Reasons Why Some Guys Avoid Intelligent Girls by Nobody: 5:48am On Apr 04, 2018
most of the so called intelligent women are feminist. they will be dragging home with you and always want you know that ur decision is wrong

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Some Guys Avoid Intelligent Girls by don4real18(m): 7:51am On Apr 04, 2018
Don't mistake intelligence for ill-mannered and pompous attitude

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Some Guys Avoid Intelligent Girls by Olalan(m): 8:00am On Apr 04, 2018
How many girls in this slaying age fits that criteria of intelligence, very few
Re: Reasons Why Some Guys Avoid Intelligent Girls by yorex2011: 8:09am On Apr 04, 2018
Lol... I've seen intelligent people who are fun to be with...

Infact you never know how intelligent they are until you start seeing how they handle the littlest things..

For me intelligence means lots of things.
Thinking ability,
Intelligence in human relationships
Emotional intelligence.
Physical intelligence
Work intelligence
Academic intelligence
Street intelligence

Etc
Its possible to have all

Dating someone with these traits will always be bliss.
Re: Reasons Why Some Guys Avoid Intelligent Girls by Nobody: 8:17am On Apr 04, 2018
There is a thin line between intelligence and arrogance. Once you cross that line, people will tend to avoid association with you--irrespective of your gender.

But since you said SOME, I must admit there are some low self-esteemed/bossy men who like it easy. I guess they are your focus.

3 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Some Guys Avoid Intelligent Girls by highqueen(f): 8:19am On Apr 04, 2018
prechbills1:

that one is a village tout.lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Some Guys Avoid Intelligent Girls by Nobody: 8:26am On Apr 04, 2018
Bloody lie!

I Like Intelligent Girls... She Is A Big Plus to Me... That Makes Two Intelligent Humans, together We Can Brain Storm Ideas And Rule The World in Our Fields...

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Some Guys Avoid Intelligent Girls by highqueen(f): 8:29am On Apr 04, 2018
DeadRat:
Bloody lie!

I Like Intelligent Girls... She Is A Big Plus to Me... That Makes Two Intelligent Humans, together We Can Brain Storm Ideas And Rule The World in Our Fields...
that's my baebicheesywink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why Some Guys Avoid Intelligent Girls by Nobody: 8:35am On Apr 04, 2018
highqueen:
that's my baebicheesywink
wink good Morning
Re: Reasons Why Some Guys Avoid Intelligent Girls by highqueen(f): 8:44am On Apr 04, 2018
DeadRat:
wink good Morning
morning dear,how you?
Re: Reasons Why Some Guys Avoid Intelligent Girls by Nobody: 8:47am On Apr 04, 2018
highqueen:

morning dear,how you?
Fine jor... How School? Still Slaying Engineering? smiley
Re: Reasons Why Some Guys Avoid Intelligent Girls by highqueen(f): 8:52am On Apr 04, 2018
DeadRat:
Fine jor... How School? Still Slaying Engineering? smiley
yes,but it will end this year by His grace.cheesy
Re: Reasons Why Some Guys Avoid Intelligent Girls by Nobody: 8:56am On Apr 04, 2018
highqueen:

yes,but it will end this year by His grace.cheesy
Wonderful! Happy For You As Well As Impressed... Show Those Guys That They Are Learners... First Class All The Way... cool

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Some Guys Avoid Intelligent Girls by highqueen(f): 9:02am On Apr 04, 2018
DeadRat:
Wonderful! Happy For You As Well As Impressed... Show Those Guys That They Are Learners... First Class All The Way... cool
lool,thanks I grab it with faith.cheesy

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Some Guys Avoid Intelligent Girls by jericco1(m): 10:06am On Apr 04, 2018
you're almost right, but I'd take an intelligent & beautiful girl over the socially inclined ones.
Re: Reasons Why Some Guys Avoid Intelligent Girls by Nobody: 10:23am On Apr 04, 2018
True about Igbo men and intelligent women...
Re: Reasons Why Some Guys Avoid Intelligent Girls by UDUJ(m): 10:32am On Apr 04, 2018
I love intelligent women. I just love them so much, that I kinda hate dumb women.

I have always had a thing for intelligent people, especially women.

When I come across an intelligent man, I feel restless and unsettled and feel the need to improve myself and become more smarter than him (I am that competitive). Whereas, when I come across a very intelligent woman, a logical practical one who thinks in situations, then I just fall for her. Right there. And if she looks good, then that's probably it.

Right from my childhood, I admired any girl who topped the class. Any girl who answered a witty question. If the same was done by a guy, I would go home and work hard to improve myself (I always want to be the head honcho).

I fall for intelligent ladies because I know an intelligent girl would think in any dire situation and quickly think of solutions and analyse problems practically. So if at all, any misunderstanding arises between us, a thinking woman would look forward to identify the cause, solve and eliminate it and also take steps to prevent the same in future. A typical woman would succumb to feelings of hurt and would mostly do what she feels rather than look to do what needs to be done.

I like women in general especially for their looks. But, if a very hot looking girl approached me, and sometime after talking I find out that she is dumb or not that of a logical thinker, then I would be less interested in her. Whereas if a girl, average looking, I find later that she is extremely smart, then I would definitely fall for her.

I consider myself a logical thinker. I always analyse situations and find solutions. I would love a girl who complements those traits.

3 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Some Guys Avoid Intelligent Girls by Nobody: 10:58am On Apr 04, 2018
AntiBrutus:
There is a thin line between intelligence and arrogance. Once you cross that line, people will tend to avoid association with you--irrespective of your gender.

But since you said SOME, I must admit there are some low self-esteemed/bossy men who like it easy. I guess they are your focus.

angry angry angry

☣ ☠

You're intelligent

☣ ☠

(1) (2) (Reply)

WHAT IS THIS? What Are These Innocent Things Doing? [PICTURE] / Meet The Baby Born With Six Fingers And Six Toes / Headmistress Mistakenly Sends Her N@ked Video To Whatsapp Group And Goes Viral

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.