Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,245 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:06 AM

Biafran Son/Daughter Won In The British Election & Become Parliamentary MPs! - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Biafran Son/Daughter Won In The British Election & Become Parliamentary MPs! (7736 Views)

3 Nigerians Win UK Parliamentary Seats / How Did The British Run An Empire With Such A Small Army? / Breaking News: Gordon Brown Loses In British Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Biafran Son/Daughter Won In The British Election & Become Parliamentary MPs! by Eziachi: 5:03pm On May 07, 2010
Chuka Umunna and Chinyelu Onwura have won to become members of British Parliament. Chuka, a good friend of my son, whose father is a colleague of mine and arrived England from Biafra from the ashes and gloom of January 1970.

Chuka is an employment lawyer graduate of University of Manchester, he was born in 1978 and was a trustee of a black oriented youth charity-Generation Next Foundation, of which my son along with other Igbo sons like Martin Offia and Leo Iheanacho are co-founders and trustees too.

When I learned more than a year ago from my son that  Chuka has got the nod of the labour party to represent them in Streatham constituency, I never really thought that he will be successfully at first attempt because of the big Lib Dem push in that area of London based on the opinion polls, the MP's expenses scandals that involved the serving labour MPs, but my son was very confident.

Chuka succeeded the currrent labour MP Keith Hill who stood down and was not standing. Some over zealous ones like my son has said that he could be our Barak Obama, but I am not so sure about that as the Britain society is not quite the United State.  But time will tell, just like the high hope we had for David Lammy in 1997 in north London.

I wish you all the best, my son, your mum and dad must be proud. Our months of local door to door knocking, canvassing and leafleting is not in vain in the end.
Chinyelu Onwura won to represent Newcastle central constituency with a huge majority. Congratulations!!
Re: Biafran Son/Daughter Won In The British Election & Become Parliamentary MPs! by onyengbu1(m): 5:13pm On May 07, 2010
Oga Eziachi, can you possibly tell us your son's name.

Just asking.
Re: Biafran Son/Daughter Won In The British Election & Become Parliamentary MPs! by mekusxxx: 5:15pm On May 07, 2010
^^^^
If he tells you his son's name (which eventually also reveals him) would not the reason for using a fake cyber name have been defeated?
BTW, congrats to the okoro brother. Did the Yoruba contestants win? Nigerian factor never reach that side, so nothinggg for them
Re: Biafran Son/Daughter Won In The British Election & Become Parliamentary MPs! by onyengbu1(m): 5:20pm On May 07, 2010
mekusxxx:

^^^^
If he tells you his son's name (which eventually also reveals him) would not the reason for using a fake cyber name have been defeated?

thats why i said, just asking.
Re: Biafran Son/Daughter Won In The British Election & Become Parliamentary MPs! by chosen04(f): 5:46pm On May 07, 2010
onye_ngbu:

thats why i said, just asking.

So why ask in the 1st place?

@Post
Kudos! to the great Biafran
Re: Biafran Son/Daughter Won In The British Election & Become Parliamentary MPs! by Thobeya: 6:19pm On May 07, 2010
Even Chi Onwurah won an MP seat while Kemi Adegoke lost in her constutuency.IGBO KWENU KA ANYI GABA NA IRU
Re: Biafran Son/Daughter Won In The British Election & Become Parliamentary MPs! by bilymuse: 6:19pm On May 07, 2010
Rubbish!
A Nigerian won or a Biafran won, is there a country called biafra, nonsense.

This is typical of the Igbos, they are confused and suffer from serious identity crises. They dont know who they are or what they want. While some claim they are the lost tribe of Israel other differ. I m very sure the Israeli ambassador to Nigeria is not in a hurry to facilitate the emigration of Igbos to Israel.

Ojukwu , their self proclaim leader, backs IBB for president and at the same time hold meeting with massob for the actualisation of Biafra. Like a typical spare part dealer; morally bankrupt.
Re: Biafran Son/Daughter Won In The British Election & Become Parliamentary MPs! by jesus3: 6:26pm On May 07, 2010
mekusxxx:

^^^^
BTW, congrats to the okoro brother. Did the Yoruba contestants win? Nigerian factor never reach that side, so nothinggg for them
U want to start another tribal war henn? U igbo minority always cried for being marginalized,yet u never ceased to look for trouble with inciting statements
Re: Biafran Son/Daughter Won In The British Election & Become Parliamentary MPs! by bawomolo(m): 6:28pm On May 07, 2010
mekusxxx:

^^^^

you are definitely not a tribalist, just a poor poor victim.
Re: Biafran Son/Daughter Won In The British Election & Become Parliamentary MPs! by chosen04(f): 6:33pm On May 07, 2010
jesus.:

U want to start another tribal war henn? [b]U igbo minority always cried for being marginalized,[/b]yet u never ceased to look for trouble with inciting statements

''JESUS OF OYINGBO'' IS RANTING AS USUAL. . . . .
Re: Biafran Son/Daughter Won In The British Election & Become Parliamentary MPs! by Akosbaba(m): 6:37pm On May 07, 2010
He is a Nigerian as i recall there isn't a nation called biafra.
Re: Biafran Son/Daughter Won In The British Election & Become Parliamentary MPs! by Akosbaba(m): 6:37pm On May 07, 2010
He is a Nigerian as i recall there isn't a nation called biafra.
Re: Biafran Son/Daughter Won In The British Election & Become Parliamentary MPs! by chosen04(f): 6:40pm On May 07, 2010
bilymuse:

Rubbish!

Ojukwu , their self proclaim leader, backs IBB for president and at the same time hold meeting with[b] massob [/b] for the actualisation of Biafra. Like a typical spare part dealer; morally bankrupt.

The mention of Biafra, Ojukwu, Mossob and Igbo is enough for some peeps to want to commit SUICIDE. . . . .

Pls try and 'write you WILL before you delete yourself with 'IGBO MADE $20 (biafran dollar) ROPE
Re: Biafran Son/Daughter Won In The British Election & Become Parliamentary MPs! by sjeezy8: 6:41pm On May 07, 2010
naw hes a biafran lol
Re: Biafran Son/Daughter Won In The British Election & Become Parliamentary MPs! by presido1: 6:44pm On May 07, 2010
I tot that guy is for council, I got parking ticket in front of his office off streatham high str. I go go tell am say i be okoro make him helep me beg lamberth council to cancel my ticket. I no get £60 to dash council. grin grin.

onye_ngbu:

Just asking.
Is like you know Chuks friends.

The guy is a Brit of Nigerian(Igbo) origin. Maybe they guy no even no where Nigeria dey for map and some peeps are fighting to claim him.
Re: Biafran Son/Daughter Won In The British Election & Become Parliamentary MPs! by Cohomology: 6:48pm On May 07, 2010
bilymuse:

Rubbish!

This is typical of the Igbos, they are confused and suffer from serious identity crises. They dont know who they are or what they want. While some claim they are the lost tribe of Israel other differ. I m very sure the Israeli ambassador to Nigeria is not in a hurry to facilitate the emigration of Igbos to Israel.

Ojukwu , their self proclaim leader, backs IBB for president and at the same time hold meeting with massob for the actualisation of Biafra. Like a typical spare part dealer; morally bankrupt.

Dis guy seriously get issues. If some people want to identify themselves as Biafrans and others as Omo Odua, wetin concern you? Mcheeeew!

Chuka Umunna has made himself and his entire family very proud. He is clearly, from Eziachi's post, a product of the Biafran struggle. I wish him and all Biafrans well.
Re: Biafran Son/Daughter Won In The British Election & Become Parliamentary MPs! by excanny: 6:56pm On May 07, 2010
@eziachi can u for once desist from using tht word 'biafra'. biafra is a dead man's delusion. biafra is dead and buried. let it R.I.P. u r only blacklisting igbo & making others igbophobic by continued use of tht word. brother, what we need is not biafra, but mass education of our people, industrialization&systematic transfer of our assets back to our homeland. so point of correction an igbo son won a british election
Re: Biafran Son/Daughter Won In The British Election & Become Parliamentary MPs! by chosen04(f): 7:01pm On May 07, 2010
Cohomology:

Dis guy seriously get issues. If some people want to identify themselves as Biafrans and others as Omo Odua, wetin concern you? Mcheeeew!

Chuka Umunna has made himself and his entire family very proud. He is clearly, from Eziachi's post, a product of the Biafran struggle. I wish him and all Biafrans well.

The dude was all over this forum shouting to all heavens that IKWEREs are not IGBOs and he now once to start his usual RANTING. . . . . . . . .
Re: Biafran Son/Daughter Won In The British Election & Become Parliamentary MPs! by presido1: 7:02pm On May 07, 2010
excanny:

@eziachi can u for once desist from using tht word 'biafra'. biafra is a dead man's delusion. biafra is dead and buried. let it R.I.P. u r only blacklisting igbo & making others igbophobic by continued use of tht word. brother, what we need is not biafra, but mass education of our people, industrialization&systematic transfer of our assets back to our homeland. so point of correction an igbo son won a british election
Are you allergic to the word Biafra?
Re: Biafran Son/Daughter Won In The British Election & Become Parliamentary MPs! by sjeezy8: 7:03pm On May 07, 2010
sjeezy8:

naw hes a biafran lol

naw scratch what I said hes not a Biafran or Nigerian-  hes a Brit.
Re: Biafran Son/Daughter Won In The British Election & Become Parliamentary MPs! by chosen04(f): 7:10pm On May 07, 2010
excanny:

YOU ARE A ONE FUNNNNNY humbug OF A GUY

DO SPIRITS DIE?

BIAFRA IS A SPIRIT! THUS, IT WILL NEVER DIE. . . . . . .

The early you get used to it the best for you and your cohorts.
Re: Biafran Son/Daughter Won In The British Election & Become Parliamentary MPs! by sjeezy8: 7:17pm On May 07, 2010
Maybe I should start having mixed kids in the US and UK since they have greater chances of being president or PM lol

I read his bio his grandfather was a High Court Judge and comes from a WELL KNOWN family of british lawyers- I guess his dad (igboman) got the right chick pregnant. lol
Re: Biafran Son/Daughter Won In The British Election & Become Parliamentary MPs! by Abagworo(m): 7:23pm On May 07, 2010
both chi and chuka are nigerians of igbo extraction.all nigerians should be proud of them.given a level playing field,igbos have the tendency of achieving beyond other nigerians and the fear of this unites the rest against igbos.
Re: Biafran Son/Daughter Won In The British Election & Become Parliamentary MPs! by sjeezy8: 7:27pm On May 07, 2010
I was interested before I knew he was mixed and his mothers family is well known british/irish family. now its just like ok what about being igbo or an african. . . .

Im out tho
Re: Biafran Son/Daughter Won In The British Election & Become Parliamentary MPs! by edoyad(m): 7:33pm On May 07, 2010
Well those of you who say he's Nigerian and not just Igbo should also willingly accept the next igbo drug dealer arrested in Asia as NIGERIAN and not emphansize that the person is Igbo smiley
Re: Biafran Son/Daughter Won In The British Election & Become Parliamentary MPs! by sjeezy8: 7:35pm On May 07, 2010
Hes not Nigerian hes a biracial brit of igbo extraction.
Re: Biafran Son/Daughter Won In The British Election & Become Parliamentary MPs! by chosen04(f): 7:45pm On May 07, 2010
edoyad:

Well those of you who say he's Nigerian and not just Igbo should also willingly accept the next igbo drug dealer arrested in Asia as NIGERIAN and not emphansize that the person is Igbo smiley

WORD!
Re: Biafran Son/Daughter Won In The British Election & Become Parliamentary MPs! by adconline(m): 7:48pm On May 07, 2010
Maybe Obama is more Kenyan than Mr Odinga ?
Re: Biafran Son/Daughter Won In The British Election & Become Parliamentary MPs! by Eziachi: 7:53pm On May 07, 2010
onye_ngbu:

Just asking.

Sorry, I know you meant well, but that will the end of cyber world privacy. And again I will have to leave nairaland for good, which I don't want to. grin grin
Re: Biafran Son/Daughter Won In The British Election & Become Parliamentary MPs! by Katsumoto: 7:56pm On May 07, 2010
Abagworo:

both chi and chuka are nigerians of igbo extraction.all nigerians should be proud of them.given a level playing field,igbos have the tendency of achieving beyond other nigerians and the fear of this unites the rest against igbos.

It is usually those without individual success that scream about group success. Your comment is completely baseless, unverifiable and unnecessary.
Those guys have done well and we should be proud of them. It is likely that other non-igbos would have not only have voted for them but also campaigned for them.
Re: Biafran Son/Daughter Won In The British Election & Become Parliamentary MPs! by abadaba(m): 8:04pm On May 07, 2010
Eziachi:

Sorry, I know you meant well, but that will the end of cyber world privacy. And again I will have to leave nairaland for good, which I don't want to. grin grin
Is your son C. E. formerly at Brighton University.
Re: Biafran Son/Daughter Won In The British Election & Become Parliamentary MPs! by Abagworo(m): 8:13pm On May 07, 2010
Katsumoto:

It is usually those without individual success that scream about group success. Your comment is completely baseless, unverifiable and unnecessary.
Those guys have done well and we should be proud of them. It is likely that other non-igbos would have not only have voted for them but also campaigned for them.
what i said can easily be substantiated if level playing field is permitted.i dont vote because of ethnic sentiments but for the best.i love other nigerians and blacks but after a close study of several experiences in life,i cant help but conclude that igbos are very good in competitions and are always ready to go any length to achieve.if not for quota system by now we might have a situation of 90 percent of our university vcs being igboid.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Are Somalians And Ethiopians Really Africans? / Who Was King Idris? And Who Was Gaddafi Of Libya? / Obama Wins 2009 Nobel Peace Prize

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.