Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,183 members, 7,822,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:42 AM

Biafran Son/Daughter Won In The British Election & Become Parliamentary MPs! - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Biafran Son/Daughter Won In The British Election & Become Parliamentary MPs! (7764 Views)

3 Nigerians Win UK Parliamentary Seats / How Did The British Run An Empire With Such A Small Army? / Breaking News: Gordon Brown Loses In British Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biafran Son/Daughter Won In The British Election & Become Parliamentary MPs! by Eziachi: 1:09am On May 08, 2010
jesus.:

The same problem of tribal sentiments is responsible for Nigerias woes. The Hausa wants to lay claim to everything. OBJ said this Country belongs to no region. Why didnt a sect in Kenya lay claim to Obama? He contested as an American&who as an American. With this igbo style,i doubt if they will ever get any top position in Nigeria unless they rebrand their mentality. Okiro shouldnt have been the I.G.P under Yar adua,but pple were afraid of putting an Igbo man as I.G.P then,which brought okiro in.Igbo change for real.

You are talking absolute bollocks. There is nothing wrong about promotion and enhancement of tribal nations. People that think like you who unfortunately make up the majority of the Nigerian ruling elite believed that to build a Nigeria they have to destroy or suppress the tribal national identity in public, while honk for it in private.

In the U.K with its indigenous nations, they did not suppress Scottish, Welsh, N.Ireland or English identity in order to create a United Kingdom, rather they had promoted these identities and most  recently is the devolved powers to each of this nations to do their own things as they see fit.
But stop it today, and the United Kingdom will disappear.

Nigeria has never or will ever be one nation based on this fear of individual identity of nations. The only little chance for one Nigeria will possibly come through a confederated independent nations, where everyone is free to do their own thing based on their set values.  While maintaining a small centre. You don’t want to hear about tribe but every person you had probably ever voted in an election is from your tribe, unless your tribes man in not on the ballot paper for some reason.

I don’t like to pretend, which is a past time of most Nigerians and their comical/hypocritical dictators.
Re: Biafran Son/Daughter Won In The British Election & Become Parliamentary MPs! by naijaking1: 1:26am On May 08, 2010
Akanbi_edu:

That one that travelled in plane tyre was called a Nigerian.

Many called him Biafran, despite 'boarding' from Lagos.
Re: Biafran Son/Daughter Won In The British Election & Become Parliamentary MPs! by udezue(m): 2:20am On May 08, 2010
Jesus,U just proved to us that all this talk about one nigeria na only talk. U are clearly ignorant of anything Igbo hence u ignorantly thought that Okiro was not Igbo. What were u trying to achieve with ur childish taunts? Onovo was IGP and he is Igbo and after him came Okiro another Igbo. Sorry but ur bubble really got busted. Nigeria is crappy that I think it will be an insult for the Igbo give a hoot about leading. Its like a man from 90210 fighting some alaye boys over the ownership of Ajengunle. You shove that advice of urs where the so doesn't shine.
Re: Biafran Son/Daughter Won In The British Election & Become Parliamentary MPs! by Cohomology: 4:00am On May 08, 2010
Some Nigerians are indeed retarded!

There is no way that the ethnic groups that once made up Biafra will ever forget it
. Biafra has come to represent more than a lost nation. It represents the struggle of the Biafran (Igbo, Efik, Ibibio, Anang, etc.).

Of all the ethnic groups that made up Biafra, the Igbos were the most hated, for several reasons. This hatred came to the fore in 1966, when Igbos were massacred by the thousands in what would be the beginning of government-backed killings of Igbos. To think that Ndi-Igbo can forget that dark period in their history, is like suggesting that the Jews forget about the Holocaust, or that African-Americans forget about Jim Crow.

As long as Nigeria remains the epitome of mediocrity, lawlessness, crass ignorance, sheer stupidity and infantile logic, the Biafran struggle, worldwide, will continue.

Igbo kwenu!
Re: Biafran Son/Daughter Won In The British Election & Become Parliamentary MPs! by udezue(m): 4:42am On May 08, 2010
Well said.
Re: Biafran Son/Daughter Won In The British Election & Become Parliamentary MPs! by bilymuse: 9:53am On May 08, 2010
Some bunch of Igbos are confused and hallucinating from acute hangover as a result of Biafran war. They talk about biafra in present tense, existing only in Utopia. They blame others for their problems , while the true enemy is within.

Ojukwu taught the Igbos the art of deception: that its okay to betray your people and be a leader. At the last minute when he was needed most , he ran away.

No Igbo man is prepared to sacrifice his life for his people.

They lack the inner spirit and self fortitude and pay the ultimate sacrifice for a course. You hardly find Igbos in Nigeria at the forefront of progressive struggle, rather they always align with reactionary forces.

Wake up to reality, Ojukwu killed biafra a long time ago.
Re: Biafran Son/Daughter Won In The British Election & Become Parliamentary MPs! by Afam(m): 9:59am On May 08, 2010
bilymuse:

No Igbo man is prepared to sacrifice his life for his people.

Lie. Every single Biafran that died sacrificed his/her life for Biafra.

I understand your anger that we did not allow you to murder Ojukwu, kpele.

@topic,

Good news. I learned that 2 Nigerians lost the elections, what are their names?
Re: Biafran Son/Daughter Won In The British Election & Become Parliamentary MPs! by Katsumoto: 10:10am On May 08, 2010
Afam:

Lie. Every single Biafran that died sacrificed his/her life for Biafra.

I understand your anger that we did not allow you to murder Ojukwu, kpele.

@topic,

What you are introducing is dangerous. Do you think that the Igbo sons that won were not voted for by other Nigerians. They might have even had other non-Igbo Nigerians in their campaign teams. There will still be other elections in the future. There might even be another General election in a few months; some of the non-Igbo Nigerians may be posters or readers on these forums. The Igbo sons won in areas with high concentration of Nigerians. That was a very short-sighted comment.
Re: Biafran Son/Daughter Won In The British Election & Become Parliamentary MPs! by Afam(m): 10:59am On May 08, 2010
Katsumoto:

What you are introducing is dangerous. Do you think that the Igbo sons that won were not voted for by other Nigerians. They might have even had other non-Igbo Nigerians in their campaign teams. There will still be other elections in the future. There might even be another General election in a few months; some of the non-Igbo Nigerians may be posters or readers on these forums. The Igbo sons won in areas with high concentration of Nigerians. That was a very short-sighted comment.

What am I introducing?

What comment is short-sighted?

Do you think everyone sleeps and eats tribal politics like you? You are despicable to say the least. You always try to sound intelligent but the level of reasoning is suspect.

What is wrong in asking for names of those who lost? On this thread names of those that won have been written down so what makes it wrong to ask for the others?

You may pretend not to be a tribal bigot but you cannot deceive everyone because you can never hide your true colors.

You effortlessly labeled some soldiers that took part in a military coup Igbos sons and have the guts to query a simple question about the names of people who contested and lost elections.

I will assume that they are non Igbos going by your out of point response to the question I asked.
Re: Biafran Son/Daughter Won In The British Election & Become Parliamentary MPs! by Avenir(m): 11:02am On May 08, 2010
Afam:

@topic,

Why go round in circle? Why not get straight to your point?
Re: Biafran Son/Daughter Won In The British Election & Become Parliamentary MPs! by Katsumoto: 11:06am On May 08, 2010
Avenir:

Thanks
Re: Biafran Son/Daughter Won In The British Election & Become Parliamentary MPs! by Afam(m): 11:09am On May 08, 2010
Katsumoto:

Thanks

Shameless bigot.

Avenir:

Shameless and stupid response.

Anyway I guess the internet is big enough for one to search for information. Found the answer on another thread here on Nairaland.

Abiodun Akinoshun
Kemi Adegoke

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-443694.0.html

You guys are just bunch of hypocrites and tribal bigots who see everything from tribal prisms.
Re: Biafran Son/Daughter Won In The British Election & Become Parliamentary MPs! by Katsumoto: 11:11am On May 08, 2010
Afam:

What am I introducing?

What comment is short-sighted?

Do you think everyone sleeps and eats tribal politics like you? You are despicable to say the least. You always try to sound intelligent but the level of reasoning is suspect.

What is wrong in asking for names of those who lost? On this thread names of those that won have been written down so what makes it wrong to ask for the others?

You may pretend not to be a tribal bigot but you cannot deceive everyone because you can never hide your true colors.

You effortlessly labeled some soldiers that took part in a military coup Igbos sons and have the guts to query a simple question about the names of people who contested and lost elections.

I will assume that they are non Igbos going by your out of point response to the question I asked.

Kemi Adegoke and Abiodun Akinoshun
Why must you always resort to name-calling and insults? No amount of insults and name-calling will prevent me from articulating my arguments. Anyone with average intelligence can discern the point you were trying to make. There is no need to get your knickers in a twist.
Re: Biafran Son/Daughter Won In The British Election & Become Parliamentary MPs! by kettykings: 11:11am On May 08, 2010
Congrats  ibos, jews ,arabs,indians and other great people all over the world striving to make the world great. Shame to nigerians, the people you gave 5000 naira (20 pounds) for thier billions , seized there landed property , marginalised politically , raped thier women , closed thier business (ibeto) , denied thier fair rights (political appointments), are making it , they didnt die off like you plannned . And nigeria continues its sink further into the abyss . Why do nigerians tremble at the mention of biafra , or cringe with fear when ibos prosper. Even after 50 year when it is evident the country is not working they dont want to go thier ways and insist in this cess pit.  By the way i heard this from some where is it true that the present power problem is targeted at ibos to prevent them from industrializing onitsha ,newi, aba, because even obj didnot do any meaningful thing about power for 8 years, if that is the case then it is good night nigerians and not good morning.
Re: Biafran Son/Daughter Won In The British Election & Become Parliamentary MPs! by Katsumoto: 11:15am On May 08, 2010
Afam:

Shameless bigot.

Shameless and silly response.

Anyway I guess the internet is big enough for one to search for information. Found the answer on another thread here on Nairaland.

Abiodun Akinoshun
Kemi Adegoke

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-443694.0.html

You guys are just bunch of hypocrites and tribal bigots who see everything from tribal prisms.

You argue that insults should not be encouraged on these forums but as soon as someone has a contrary opinion to you, you start name-calling and insulting. You can try to use reverse psychology all you want but sensible individuals can see through all that. I have made my point, you can carry on with the name-calling and insults.
Re: Biafran Son/Daughter Won In The British Election & Become Parliamentary MPs! by Avenir(m): 11:16am On May 08, 2010
Afam:

Shameless bigot.

This is very fitting description for you! Three Nigerians won in British parliamentary elections; to the ethnic bigots, they have to put an ethnic coloration!! Deluded bigots!!!
Re: Biafran Son/Daughter Won In The British Election & Become Parliamentary MPs! by princekevo(m): 11:17am On May 08, 2010
It neither Igbo, Yoruba or Hausa etc that made the Nigerian politicians the way they are- It is Nigeria that made them that way, a nation of no real identity, root, identifying culture, so what you get is every manliness and harry figures out his/her own survival strategies.-corruption/wickedness.

In the U.K with its indigenous nations, they did not suppress Scottish, Welsh, N.Ireland or English identity in order to create a United Kingdom, rather they had promoted these identities and most  recently is the devolved powers to each of this nations to do their own things as they see fit.
But stop it today, and the United Kingdom will disappear.

Nigeria has never or will ever be one nation based on this fear of individual identity of nations. The only little chance for one Nigeria will possibly come through a confederated independent nations, where everyone is free to do their own thing based on their set values.  While maintaining a small centre. You don’t want to hear about tribe but every person you had probably ever voted in an election is from your tribe, unless your tribes man in not on the ballot paper for some reason.

I don’t like to pretend, which is a past time of most Nigerians and their comical/hypocritical dictators.  

wink wink just sipping my glass of wine and saying Ezeachi spot on and congratulations to your success.
If at your age you can not say the truth and made your stance know to the public, you will carry them to the grave jst like many other Nigerians did. Plato said " We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark, but the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light". The men we have today in Nigeria are afraid of the light coz they have chose to work in darkness. They held us under one stagnant entity for their selfish interest.
Bob said 'only when you know your history you can know where u r coming from, and when you know where you are coming from before you can know where you are going'. Nigerians want the history and the past be swept under the carpet while we sheepishly walk in self deceit under One Nigeria. How long shall we continue living in this lie?

Those Nigerian youths who had the opportunity to contribute their quota in UK politice will never see the light of the day in Nigerian polity. I rather yearn for a divided Nigeria when youths like your son will be at the corner of power than One Nigeria where some toothless oldmen are hanging around the corners of power. Since independent we claimed to be One Nigeria in papers but in our hearts and acts we are divided Nigerian. You asked someone a question he/she will never answer. 'How many time he/she had voted for a presidential candidate that is not from his/her tribe'? The same people that held us under this forceful marriage are the once who agreed on the rational governement between tribes. They are the same people that believe that youths can not lead the nation. CONFUSED PEOPLE ONE A CONFUSED NATION!!!  sad sad
Re: Biafran Son/Daughter Won In The British Election & Become Parliamentary MPs! by Afam(m): 11:18am On May 08, 2010
Katsumoto:

Kemi Adegoke and Abiodun Akinoshun
Why must you always resort to name-calling and insults? No amount of insults and name-calling will prevent me from articulating my arguments. Anyone with average intelligence can discern the point you were trying to make. There is no need to get your knickers in a twist.

There are people I disagree with on this forum that I have never insulted so I don't always do this. But when silly things like you who shamelessly promote and incite along ethnic lines even on general issues come on board I believe it makes perfect sense to address you the way you ought to be addressed.

Why are you providing the names after I had done so? You see you are certainly not organized upstairs?

Katsumoto:

You argue that insults should not be encouraged on these forums but as soon as someone has a contrary opinion to you, you start name-calling and insulting. You can try to use reverse psychology all you want but sensible individuals can see through all that. I have made my point, you can carry on with the name-calling and insults.

Did you provide contrary opinion or did you accuse me of making short-sighted comments and promoting hatred by making meaningless insinuations? You disgust me. I prefer to deal with people who are bold enough to be tribalistic than those that pretend they are not even though it runs in their bloods.
Re: Biafran Son/Daughter Won In The British Election & Become Parliamentary MPs! by Katsumoto: 11:19am On May 08, 2010
Avenir:

This is very fitting description for you! Three Nigerians won in British parliamentary elections; to the ethnic bigots, they have to put an ethnic coloration!! Deluded bigots!!!

Someone is going to be following your every move on these forums now. Everytime you make a comment, someone will be quick to call you a bigot. Name-calling and insults are the trade-mark debating styles of some 'intelligent' posters on these forums.   wink
Re: Biafran Son/Daughter Won In The British Election & Become Parliamentary MPs! by Katsumoto: 11:21am On May 08, 2010
Afam:

There are people I disagree with on this forum that I have never insulted so I don't always do this. But when silly things like you who shamelessly promote and incite along ethnic lines even on general issues come on board I believe it makes perfect sense to address you the way you ought to be addressed.

Why are you providing the names after I had done so? You see you are certainly not organized upstairs?

Did you provide contrary opinion or did you accuse me of making short-sighted comments and promoting hatred by making meaningless insinuations? You disgust me. I prefer to deal with people who are bold enough to be tribalistic than those that pretend they are not even though it runs in their bloods.

Did it occur to you I was posting at the same time as you were?
Re: Biafran Son/Daughter Won In The British Election & Become Parliamentary MPs! by hatch: 11:30am On May 08, 2010
It may be painful but the fact be said that "BIAFRA" may forever remain a state of the mind and so for this reason we may not blame our brothers who wish to be identified as BIAFRANs embarassed
Re: Biafran Son/Daughter Won In The British Election & Become Parliamentary MPs! by SEFAGO(m): 11:32am On May 08, 2010
LOL all you guys are ridiculous. Everyones so obssessed with their ethnic group they cannot think straight grin grin grin.

Some guy won some sit- probably because Nigerians in the UK voted for him in drove, and someone is calling it an ndigbo victory. You would never find a Yoruba person make claims about Bayo Ogunlesi and stress his Yorubaness. Wetin concern us with that?? grin

This is why Africa is the third world.
Re: Biafran Son/Daughter Won In The British Election & Become Parliamentary MPs! by tkb417(m): 11:33am On May 08, 2010
hehe

even someone who will give up the ghost anytime soon is an agent of disharmony

pussicats with no brains cheesy cheesy
Re: Biafran Son/Daughter Won In The British Election & Become Parliamentary MPs! by Afam(m): 11:35am On May 08, 2010
Avenir:

This is how people fail exams. Did I ask for the ethnic groups of the people? What is wrong even if I had asked for that? Are we so united and integrated in Nigeria that ethnic nationalities do not matter again?

So, as an Igbo man it does not matter if I want to become the governor of Lagos state tomorrow?

Do you see how confused and stupid you are?

Katsumoto:

Did it occur to you I was posting at the same time as you were?

No.

I posted at 11.09.20AM

You posted at 11.11.23AM

About 2 minutes so stop the same time claim. Are you allergic to facts?
Re: Biafran Son/Daughter Won In The British Election & Become Parliamentary MPs! by safeact(m): 11:38am On May 08, 2010
Ibos ar not nigerians, they ar BIAFRANS period.
Re: Biafran Son/Daughter Won In The British Election & Become Parliamentary MPs! by Avenir(m): 11:40am On May 08, 2010
Katsumoto:

Someone is going to be following your every move on these forums now. Everytime you make a comment, someone will be quick to call you a bigot. Name-calling and insults are the trade-mark debating styles of some 'intelligent' posters on these forums.   wink

They can follow me all they like. It won't bother me.

Eziachi:

There are thousands like them inside Nigeria but will not see the day light towards leadership because Nigeria is not a nation but a limited liability company of few men and women deceiving and lying to themselves about one Nigeria.

I thought they only became MPs (out of 650) and not the Prime Minister? How many ethnic minorities do we have at Westminster? Have Igbos been senators in Nigeria? Have they hold top Government positions? Have they been presidents/Head of state? What is your point?

Was Biafra = Igbo
Or

Biafra = Old Nigerian eastern region

Will Bayelsa state had been part of the old Eastern region?

Please can you enlighten me.
Re: Biafran Son/Daughter Won In The British Election & Become Parliamentary MPs! by tkb417(m): 11:41am On May 08, 2010
safeact:

Ibos ar not nigerians, they ar BIAFRANS period.
and so shall it be amen

and so we can have peace
Re: Biafran Son/Daughter Won In The British Election & Become Parliamentary MPs! by Avenir(m): 11:47am On May 08, 2010
Afam:

This is how people fail exams. Did I ask for the ethnic groups of the people? What is wrong even if I had asked for that? Are we so united and integrated in Nigeria that ethnic nationalities do not matter again?

So, as an Igbo man it does not matter if I want to become the governor of Lagos state tomorrow?

Do you see how confused and silly you are?

Who will stop you if you try to become governor of Lagos state provided you get enough votes? Are you this silly? When was the last time you went to Nigeria? Get real! Visit Nigeria. Don't rely on what Eziachi posts on Nairaland. Eziachi has never been to Nigeria since 1970!
Re: Biafran Son/Daughter Won In The British Election & Become Parliamentary MPs! by Afam(m): 11:49am On May 08, 2010
It seems the diversionary tactics have crept in and very soon this thread will turn to Biafra vs the rest of Nigeria even though the original post was not about this.

The problem here is that a lot of us are pure hypocrites and sycophants.

I have never supported anything Biafra after the war or MASSOB today because Biafra ended in 1970 and the then Eastern region has been balkanized into states that belong to different ethnic nationalities.

MASSOB as it is today will also not work because we have Igbo House of Reps members, Senators, Ministers and Governors in the same Nigeria.

These are my views and I am bold enough to have them so when silly tribal bigots come here and try to manipulate statements to read what their hate filled hearts want I will address them accordingly.

Or, are some people ashamed of their tribes on this forum?
Re: Biafran Son/Daughter Won In The British Election & Become Parliamentary MPs! by Afam(m): 11:51am On May 08, 2010
Avenir:

Who will stop you if you try to become governor of Lagos state provided you get enough votes? Are you this silly? When was the last time you went to Nigeria? Get real! Visit Nigeria. Don't rely on what Eziachi posts on Nairaland. Eziachi has never been to Nigeria since 1960!

This is what happens when you argue blindly.

Who told you that I live outside Nigeria?

I live and work in Lagos so don't come here telling me things I know about the role of tribes or ethnic groups in the scheme of things.

Get your facts before making categorical statements please!
Re: Biafran Son/Daughter Won In The British Election & Become Parliamentary MPs! by Avenir(m): 11:58am On May 08, 2010
Afam:

This is what happens when you argue blindly.

Who told you that I live outside Nigeria?

I live and work in Lagos so don't come here telling me things I know about the role of tribes or ethnic groups in the scheme of things.

Get your facts before making categorical statements please!

If you live and work in Lagos, then your case is even more hopeless and pathetic than I initially thought! Continue in your Biafran delirium!! I rest my case.
Re: Biafran Son/Daughter Won In The British Election & Become Parliamentary MPs! by Afam(m): 12:23pm On May 08, 2010
Avenir:

If you live and work in Lagos, then your case is even more hopeless and pathetic than I initially thought! Continue in your Biafran delirium!! I rest my case.

Your thoughts have been proven wrong on this thread so they are meaningless to me. Someone who does not think before writing anything is a complete mumu and you have not disappointed in that regard.

I am not a supporter of Biafra and everyone knows that. However, should I have a good reason to support it I will while making known those reasons and trust me my reasons are always based on facts, logic and common sense.

Keep posting rubbish based on lies and misinformation on the forum since you are allergic to truth.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Gbabo's Wife Being Molested / South Sudan Locks Out Somalis / The Great Nation Of Biafra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.