Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,923 members, 7,821,235 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:11 AM

Biafran Son/Daughter Won In The British Election & Become Parliamentary MPs! - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Biafran Son/Daughter Won In The British Election & Become Parliamentary MPs! (7762 Views)

3 Nigerians Win UK Parliamentary Seats / How Did The British Run An Empire With Such A Small Army? / Breaking News: Gordon Brown Loses In British Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biafran Son/Daughter Won In The British Election & Become Parliamentary MPs! by onyengbu1(m): 8:20pm On May 07, 2010
abadaba:

Is your son C. E. formerly at Brighton University.

he said no!
Re: Biafran Son/Daughter Won In The British Election & Become Parliamentary MPs! by Eziachi: 8:27pm On May 07, 2010
sjeezy8:

Maybe I should start having mixed kids in the US and UK since they have greater chances of being president or PM lol

I read his bio his grandfather was a High Court Judge and comes from a WELL KNOWN family of british lawyers- I guess his dad (igboman) got the right chick pregnant. lol

Maybe you should, instead going around Peckham and Brixton wasting your spunk  on illiterate Jamaican single mothers from the hood. You never heard that behind every successful man their is a capable woman?

Not just Chuka's dad that marries from a good British family, myself too married from a well known Scottish political dynasty family. My father in-law was an MP for 32 years and sat in house of lords for 15 years before his death few years ago.

And the labour party are earger to get his grandson (my son) on board. He almost ran for the labour party in London Bermondsey in this election, but we discouraged him because that was a safe Lib Dem constituency, held by a good friend of mine Simon Hughes. He will wait till a safe labour seat becomes available. A chance he won't smell in Nigeria in a million years.
Re: Biafran Son/Daughter Won In The British Election & Become Parliamentary MPs! by Eziachi: 8:31pm On May 07, 2010
Akosbaba:

He is a Nigerian as i recall there isn't a nation called biafra.

@Akosababa,
I will assume that you were born last night, if not there s a nation actually called Biafra, under Nigerian occupation since January 15 1970. If you are in doubt, please ask your grandad.
Re: Biafran Son/Daughter Won In The British Election & Become Parliamentary MPs! by Eziachi: 8:34pm On May 07, 2010
sjeezy8:

naw hes a biafran lol

@Sjeezy8,

Not now, he has always been a Biafran, his father just like myself, arrived Britain as Biafra refugees without Nigerian passport, never had one and so does our offsprings.
grin Anyway, your pet subject Biafra-Igbo-Ojukwu is on display and you can't resist.
Re: Biafran Son/Daughter Won In The British Election & Become Parliamentary MPs! by Eziachi: 8:41pm On May 07, 2010
excanny:

@eziachi can u for once desist from using tht word 'biafra'. biafra is a dead man's delusion. biafra is dead and buried. let it R.I.P. u r only blacklisting igbo & making others igbophobic by continued use of tht word.  brother, what we need is not biafra, but mass education of our people, industrialization&systematic transfer of our assets back to our homeland. so point of correction an igbo son won a british election
@excanny,
Sorry, I cannot desist and Biafra is not dead, though you wanted it dead but unfortunately it is not. Why do you think that the occupiers of Biafra locked up Ralph Uwazuruike and many other for months and years without charge?
So a Biafran son of Igbo extraction won the election and the winner actually is aware of that, and that is why y entire family devoted unbelievable time helping him for the past three month non stop.
As your excuse for being Igbophobic, well even if we change our name from Adiele to Adewale, you will be hyper Igbophobic.

There was an Odua son that contested as an independent candidate in Erith/Thamesmead,. A nice chap, he did sought my help because I knew him when he worked in my NHS attached hospital as a physiologist graduate from a Bulgarian University. I told him not to run as an MP but to run in future as a councillor in the Greenwich council, he has more chance, but he was confidence enough ignore my advise, but I heard he got only 400+ votes. If he wins, I will identify him as an Odua son and be chuffed for him altogether, that is my way.
Re: Biafran Son/Daughter Won In The British Election & Become Parliamentary MPs! by DisGuy: 8:46pm On May 07, 2010
You labelling him a biafran is enough to get him in trouble!! good thing is the election is over and it was a labour strong hold anyway tongue

Now let me fire off those constituent letters on behalf of my brother if he doesn't respond chei!! grin
Re: Biafran Son/Daughter Won In The British Election & Become Parliamentary MPs! by Akanbiedu(m): 8:47pm On May 07, 2010
That one that travelled in plane tyre was called a Nigerian.
Re: Biafran Son/Daughter Won In The British Election & Become Parliamentary MPs! by Eziachi: 8:55pm On May 07, 2010
abadaba:

Is your son C. E. formerly at Brighton University.

grin
Definitely not, he was an orthopaedic surgeon at King's College Hospital until three years ago, before he set up a private practice with me and two Dutch surgeon at Harley street.

His sister, my adopted daughter from Ethiopia is one of the current anchor news readers for the Al Jazeera English.
His maternal grandfather (my father in-law) was a British Lord. One of the rebels that left the labour party in the 70s to form the now defunct SDP but returned almost immediately back to the labour party fold. His maternal grandmother is a Dame, a west end threatre legend before she went into politics in Scotland.

grin grin Now that is much I can  give you. You can easily piece it together and get what you wanted.
Re: Biafran Son/Daughter Won In The British Election & Become Parliamentary MPs! by Eziachi: 8:58pm On May 07, 2010
Akanbi_edu:

That one that travelled in plane tyre was called a Nigerian.

Nice try, you forgot to include Clifford Orji. Or maybe later?
grin grin grin grin
Re: Biafran Son/Daughter Won In The British Election & Become Parliamentary MPs! by bilymuse: 9:02pm On May 07, 2010
So a Biafran son of Igbo extraction won the election
You are confused just like your self proclaim leader Ojukwu, who constantly hold nocturnal meetings with massob and turn around to back IBB for president. You cant eat your cake and have it. A Nigerian of Igbo extraction won

Why do you think that the occupiers of Biafra locked up Ralph Uwazuruike and many other for months and years without charge?

Uwazuruike is a fraudulent lawyer who align himself with that bald headed coward called Ojukwu to corner the security vote of eastern state. Massob is just a project design to siphon monthly allocations of eastern states.  The guy should be locked up, is a criminal
Re: Biafran Son/Daughter Won In The British Election & Become Parliamentary MPs! by Eziachi: 9:04pm On May 07, 2010
Dis Guy:

You labelling him a biafran is enough to get him in trouble!! good thing is the election is over and it was a labour strong hold anyway  tongue

Now let me fire off those constituent letters on behalf of my brother if he doesn't respond chei!!  grin

Why not do your research first before posting? Did  you see any of his campaign. He was happy and willing to tell his story as the son of a former refugee.
That is how little some of you knew. Biafra was very popular among the British people, it will gain him more vote than lose him any. Kids this days don’t read. Four years ago, when channel 4 made a programme entitled- Biafra-Soldiers without guns but heart. It attracted 11 million TV audience and yours truly was in it.
Haba!! Read your books mate.
Re: Biafran Son/Daughter Won In The British Election & Become Parliamentary MPs! by Katsumoto: 9:06pm On May 07, 2010
Eziachi:

@excanny,
Sorry, I cannot desist and Biafra is not dead, though you wanted it dead but unfortunately it is not. Why do you think that the occupiers of Biafra locked up Ralph Uwazuruike and many other for months and years without charge?
So a Biafran son of Igbo extraction won the election and the winner actually is aware of that, and that is why y entire family devoted unbelievable time helping him for the past three month non stop.
As your excuse for being Igbophobic, well even if we change our name from Adiele to Adewale, you will be hyper Igbophobic.

There was an Odua son that contested as an independent candidate in Erith/Thamesmead,. A nice chap, he did sought my help because I knew him when he worked in my NHS attached hospital as a physiologist graduate from a Bulgarian University. I told him not to run as an MP but to run in future as a councillor in the Greenwich council, he has more chance, but he was confidence enough ignore my advise, but I heard he got only 400+ votes. If he wins, I will identify him as an Odua son and be chuffed for him altogether, that is my way.

I have followed your posts on these forums and I have to say, your position is disappointing considering your age. I understand your disenfranchisement as a result of the events in the 60s. That was a lifetime ago and you have since made a life for yourself (from what you say). Rather than realise every Nigerian who is not an elite has been marginalised in one way or the other, you continue to segragate between Nigerians and Biafrans. You may wish to keep Biafra alive in your heart and mind, that is your prerogative but I find your continuing tactics divisive, hate-filled, and unwise. A man in your position should be encouraging synergies amongst the different people of Nigeria and not contributing to the friction. It is no wonder that some Igbo youths hate other Nigerians, most notably Yoruba and Hausa/Fulani.

I apologise in advance if you find my post rude, you are afterall an elder to me even if I am not Igbo.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” - Coretta Scott King
Re: Biafran Son/Daughter Won In The British Election & Become Parliamentary MPs! by bilymuse: 9:09pm On May 07, 2010
Not now, he has always been a Biafran, his father just like myself, arrived Britain as Biafra refugees without Nigerian passport, never had one and so does our offsprings.

Biafra is a dream, lot of your folks have woke up to reality of Nigeria. Its like you are still dreaming . Even your coward Ojukwu , has woke up to reality and since contested for Nigerian president
Re: Biafran Son/Daughter Won In The British Election & Become Parliamentary MPs! by Eziachi: 9:12pm On May 07, 2010
bilymuse:

You are confused just like your self proclaim leader Ojukwu, who constantly hold nocturnal meetings with massob and turn around to back IBB for president. You cant eat your cake and have it. A Nigerian of Igbo extraction won

Uwazuruike is a fraudulent lawyer who align himself with that bald headed coward called Ojukwu to corner the security vote of eastern state. Massob is just a project design to siphon monthly allocations of eastern states.  The guy should be locked up, is a criminal

That's more like it. The real you.
Ikwerre are not Igbos because everybody has a right to self identity- Your theory
Igbo has no right to identify themselves as Biafra, rather Nigeria when it suits- Your theory.
Ojukwu is nobody, irrelevant, spent force etc- Your theory
How can Ojukwu (the irrelevant) endorse IBB?- Your theory
The problem with people like you is that they will always be inconsistent because of their Igbophobia/Biafraphobia.
Re: Biafran Son/Daughter Won In The British Election & Become Parliamentary MPs! by MaiSuya(m): 9:15pm On May 07, 2010
''Daddy, how come I can't find Biafra on the map? Is it a country, town, village?''
Re: Biafran Son/Daughter Won In The British Election & Become Parliamentary MPs! by Eziachi: 9:17pm On May 07, 2010
bilymuse:

Biafra is a dream, lot of your folks have woke up to reality of Nigeria. Its like you are still dreaming . Even your coward Ojukwu , has woke up to reality and since contested for Nigerian president

You don't say Mr big brain Prof Awojobi/Chike Obi!
Ofcourse Biafra is a dream, just as so many good things in life. Obama was Dr Luther Kings dreams. I rather dream than to be having a nightmare.
Biafra= A dream
Nigeria= A nightmare
Which one do you rather experience?
Re: Biafran Son/Daughter Won In The British Election & Become Parliamentary MPs! by Eziachi: 9:19pm On May 07, 2010
Mai Suya:

''Daddy, how come I can't find Biafra on the map? Is it a country, town, village?''

Wow! Really!
You should have gone to the specsavers!!!
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Biafran Son/Daughter Won In The British Election & Become Parliamentary MPs! by bilymuse: 9:20pm On May 07, 2010
Eziachi

Your prolong service for the NHS must have affected your ability to distinguish reality from dream, probably a virus that eat deep into the victim memory is the cause. Wake up, this is the new millennium, we are not in the late sisties.
Re: Biafran Son/Daughter Won In The British Election & Become Parliamentary MPs! by bilymuse: 9:26pm On May 07, 2010
mai suya

Its in the memory of some people who are hallucinating, specsaver cant help you.
Re: Biafran Son/Daughter Won In The British Election & Become Parliamentary MPs! by Eziachi: 9:49pm On May 07, 2010
bilymuse:

Eziachi
Your prolong service for the NHS must have affected your ability to distinguish reality from dream, probably a virus that eat deep into the victim memory is the cause. Wake up, this is the new millennium, we are not in the late sisties.

NHS is a noble organisation to be assocated with, I still go in, time and again to help them, I wish I can still. I hope you are not one of the victims of this your memory eating virus?

I always knew when you got nothing else to say. Your jokes are terrible!!
I don't think you have future as a comedian. Its not too late for a career change now.
Re: Biafran Son/Daughter Won In The British Election & Become Parliamentary MPs! by udezue(m): 10:02pm On May 07, 2010
Eziachi, Congratulations to the Biafran son. It is a great thing.
Re: Biafran Son/Daughter Won In The British Election & Become Parliamentary MPs! by udezue(m): 10:09pm On May 07, 2010
Billymoose and the rest of the urchins,If u can support the idea that an Ika or Ikwerre can wake up one day and declare himself non Igbo then you support Igbos, Efiks, who have decided since the 60s that they are Biafran not Nigerian. You can't have it both ways and your way only.
Re: Biafran Son/Daughter Won In The British Election & Become Parliamentary MPs! by Eziachi: 10:13pm On May 07, 2010
udezue:

Eziachi, Congratulations to the Biafran son. It is a great thing.

Thank you. I feel like jet lagged. We were up all night. The result wasn't announced until very early this morning and celebration that followed. I got home 8 am this morning and sleep all day. It was a night to remember.

Chinyelu Susan Onwurah was also elected with a huge majority in Newcastle central constituency in the North East of England.
Re: Biafran Son/Daughter Won In The British Election & Become Parliamentary MPs! by OgidiBoy(m): 10:20pm On May 07, 2010
This is the kind of news that never makes it to the front page. Igbos are taking over everywhere, congratulations to the sons of Biafra.
Re: Biafran Son/Daughter Won In The British Election & Become Parliamentary MPs! by Nobody: 10:24pm On May 07, 2010
Whilst tribalism is a naturally occurring phenomena because at heart, people want to belong to something. We all have this inherent tendency to be loyal and to uphold the values of our different tribes. However, when taken to the extreme,where Tribalist A thinks people of Tribe B are dirty,drug-dealers or whatever reason that seems to be hanging around,the consequences are deadly. In an ideal setting however, genuine intellectuals would reject tribalistic reasoning as a matter of course. Apparently that’s not the case with tribalists unless you want to associate  tribalism with the definition of “intellectual.” For all I care,tribalism is a cancer in Nigeria. You would'a thought with education and age you become wiser. 'In your cases,apparently not.  angry  angry

Seriously are you 15 or what?
Trawling the web looking for your next diatribe to hurl at other tribes, haven't you got work to do.

Abeg go and do something constructive with your lives jare[b]. [/b]
Re: Biafran Son/Daughter Won In The British Election & Become Parliamentary MPs! by 006(m): 11:10pm On May 07, 2010
Eziachi:

I rather dream than to be having a nightmare.
Biafra= A dream
Nigeria= A nightmare
Which one do you rather experience?

A nice quote.

It's unfortunate that some folks can't read properly. The chap’s dad left as a Biafran not Nigerian.
Re: Biafran Son/Daughter Won In The British Election & Become Parliamentary MPs! by edoyad(m): 11:39pm On May 07, 2010
@eziachi i think you're to blame for the misunderstanding. Most people born after the 60s(and not of igbo extraction) don't know that Biafara actually existed as a country with recognition from a few world powers during the civil war. Many will never know it had a govt with ministers, it's own army, diplomatic machine etc, if no one informs them about it.
Re: Biafran Son/Daughter Won In The British Election & Become Parliamentary MPs! by haronky7: 12:20am On May 08, 2010
Sir Eziachi
I congratulate you on a job well done

I am so sorry for the difficult times you went through in the Nigeria/Biafra crisis, and do understand how you feel. The feeling I get here going thru this thread is the pain and disdain for that unfair structure called Nigeria, and the need for real Reconciliation

Anyway, lets I forget, abeg tutor the guy well,and  plead with these budding Biafran Igbomen/women not to chop money, cos awoof dey run belle o! Na UK we dey o! Because if anything fishy happens (God forbid) the lyrics of the music go change o!  grin grin

Thank you sir, and congrats once again
Re: Biafran Son/Daughter Won In The British Election & Become Parliamentary MPs! by jesus3: 12:33am On May 08, 2010
The same problem of tribal sentiments is responsible for Nigerias woes. The Hausa wants to lay claim to everything. OBJ said this Country belongs to no region. Why didnt a sect in Kenya lay claim to Obama? He contested as an American and who as an American. With this igbo style,i doubt if they will ever get any top position in Nigeria unless they rebrand their mentality. Okiro shouldnt have been the I.G.P under Yar adua,but pple were afraid of putting an Igbo man as I.G.P then,which brought okiro in.Igbo change for real.
Re: Biafran Son/Daughter Won In The British Election & Become Parliamentary MPs! by Eziachi: 12:48am On May 08, 2010
haronky7:

Sir Eziachi
I congratulate you on a job well done

I am so sorry for the difficult times you went through in the Nigeria/Biafra crisis, and do understand how you feel. The feeling I get here going thru this thread is the pain and disdain for that unfair structure called Nigeria, and the need for real Reconciliation

Anyway, lets I forget, abeg tutor the guy well,and  plead with these budding Biafran Igbomen/women not to chop money, cos awoof dey run belle o! Na UK we dey o! Because if anything fishy happens (God forbid) the lyrics of the music go change o!  grin grin

Thank you sir, and congrats once again

Well said, I get your feel. Those young Igbo, Yoruba, Ijaw etc young generation abroad are of a different feel. They know the score and understands the privilege they now enjoy.

It neither Igbo, Yoruba or Hausa etc that made the Nigerian politicians the way they are- It is Nigeria that made them that way, a nation of no real identity, root, identifying culture, so what you get is every dick and harry figures out his/her own survival strategies.-corruption/wickedness.

Both Chuka Umunna, Chinyelu Onwurah and now Helen Grant (New MP for meadstone) will work, act and do things based on the culture they were brought out from. There are thousands like them inside Nigeria but will not see the day light towards leadership because Nigeria is not a nation but a limited liability company of few men and women deceiving and lying to themselves about one Nigeria.
Re: Biafran Son/Daughter Won In The British Election & Become Parliamentary MPs! by platinumnk(f): 12:54am On May 08, 2010
Abeg all the haters waka pass
Only when it it igbo you dey cry crocodile tears

OgidiBoy:

This is the kind of news that never makes it to the front page. Igbos are taking over everywhere, congratulations to the sons of Biafra.
Igbo Kwenu cool
Re: Biafran Son/Daughter Won In The British Election & Become Parliamentary MPs! by Abagworo(m): 1:05am On May 08, 2010
jesus.:

The same problem of tribal sentiments is responsible for Nigerias woes. The Hausa wants to lay claim to everything. OBJ said this Country belongs to no region. Why didnt a sect in Kenya lay claim to Obama? He contested as an American&who as an American. With this igbo style,i doubt if they will ever get any top position in Nigeria unless they rebrand their mentality. Okiro shouldnt have been the I.G.P under Yar adua,but pple were afraid of putting an Igbo man as I.G.P then,which brought okiro in.Igbo change for real.

a little secret.okiro is an igbo man from egbema in imo state.his mother is also from egbema in rivers state.egbema was cut into two states by your brothers so that more of the oil will be in rivers state forgetting that state boundaries are not ethnic boundaries.i doubt if biafra is synonymous with igbo.so calling someone biafran doesnt equate igbo.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Gbabo's Wife Being Molested / The Great Nation Of Biafra / South Sudan Locks Out Somalis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.