Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,365 members, 7,826,432 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 02:16 PM

Grave Inside Compound I And Family Are About To Move Into - Properties (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Grave Inside Compound I And Family Are About To Move Into (47809 Views)

Can You Buy A House With A Grave? / Hot Sale Just Out 2 Storey Building Newly Built, 2 Building Inside Compound, Con / To Let Decent 3 Bedrooms Ground Flat, 3t 2b, 2 Occupants To Share Compound @ I (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Grave Inside Compound I And Family Are About To Move Into by 0monnak0da: 7:24am On Apr 10, 2018
Oyindidi:
I am not pregnant
Heya

Sorry ,work harder
Re: Grave Inside Compound I And Family Are About To Move Into by Crixina(f): 7:27am On Apr 10, 2018
Allikola:
If you are Muslim, it is advisable not to move into such house because Salat (Prayer) will not be accepted where there is grave yard.

That is y Islam teaches us to bury our dead in a cemetery.
Re: Grave Inside Compound I And Family Are About To Move Into by africanusvu(m): 7:27am On Apr 10, 2018
GoodKay:
Hello all. Pls I wasn't sure where to ask this question. I'm about to pay for a house and I noticed there's a graveyard inside d compound and close to our side of d house (its just 2 flat bungalow. Someone else is already occupying d back flat). We asked and they said d mother of d owner of d house was buried there.

At first I didn't even mind at all but I just thought it wise to ask questions before we pay. Is there anything wrong moving into a house where someone u do not know was buried?

Also I have 2 small boys and expecting a 3rd child and my boys play a lot and I have no doubt that one day they may play to that grave as its at our front yard.

What are ur advice's please? Does it mean? Can we go ahead and stay there? Anything wrong in staying at a house where someone was buried? I'm not afraid I just want to be sure that there's no spiritual consequences or anything of sort
.wat a question. You will soon and one day be transferred from such bungalow u now live in and be a proud owner of such grave u now runs from.learn to live wit it cos.that will be ur final resting place soon
Re: Grave Inside Compound I And Family Are About To Move Into by DonBenny77(m): 7:31am On Apr 10, 2018
Sagamite:

Yes, something is wrong o.

The ghost of the person buried there would rise in the dark and be making scary noises.

The ghosts also eat children (especially new-born babies) if you don't spray holy water on the children every night before they go to bed and ensure there is one bible each above their head, below their feet and at either sides of the hand.

So please don't move in except you can cope with that.

Anuofia!

Guy you make foolish paa paa
Re: Grave Inside Compound I And Family Are About To Move Into by Oyindidi(f): 7:34am On Apr 10, 2018
0monnak0da:
Heya

Sorry ,work harder
angry
Re: Grave Inside Compound I And Family Are About To Move Into by Troublemaker007(m): 7:36am On Apr 10, 2018
jieta:
everybody has a different perception to issues unlike here in taraba state were an average tiv man will pass the night on top of the grave becos of heat.

1 Like

Re: Grave Inside Compound I And Family Are About To Move Into by 0monnak0da: 7:36am On Apr 10, 2018
Oyindidi:
angry
I will pray for you
Re: Grave Inside Compound I And Family Are About To Move Into by Ugosample(m): 7:36am On Apr 10, 2018
revolt:
This one doesn't know tht everywhere u go at some point somebody was buried there in the past. Perhaps 500 yrs ago sef. Blackman and stupidity. Always bothered about spirits tht don't exist in our dimension.

I wonder o

A dead body is a dead body

I don't know why Africans are like this undecided

1 Like

Re: Grave Inside Compound I And Family Are About To Move Into by Ugosample(m): 7:38am On Apr 10, 2018
Oyindidi:
Always faulting the blackman. Why bury someone in a place you'll give out for rent?

The black Man need to be faulted and yabbed enough, so he will have sense.

Because right now, the black man swims in an ocean of foolishness
Re: Grave Inside Compound I And Family Are About To Move Into by Ugosample(m): 7:39am On Apr 10, 2018
Gerrard59:

You are right with the first point - someplace somehow, a cemetery was in place.

However, it's not a black man problem. Asians - Singaporeans, Japanese, Hong Kongers generally avoid flats that someone died in. Called haunted apartments. Developers even avoid number 4 or 5 when numbering buildings due the superstition with dead people.

@OP, My mom will say "as long as no be me kill am, I've no problem. Your choice to decide 'cos I can't really tell you what to do with your money.

These superstitions are not helpful at all.
Re: Grave Inside Compound I And Family Are About To Move Into by kanubiafra: 7:40am On Apr 10, 2018
GoodKay:
Hello all. Pls I wasn't sure where to ask this question. I'm about to pay for a house and I noticed there's a graveyard inside d compound and close to our side of d house (its just 2 flat bungalow. Someone else is already occupying d back flat). We asked and they said d mother of d owner of d house was buried there.

At first I didn't even mind at all but I just thought it wise to ask questions before we pay. Is there anything wrong moving into a house where someone u do not know was buried?

Also I have 2 small boys and expecting a 3rd child and my boys play a lot and I have no doubt that one day they may play to that grave as its at our front yard.
PLS READ SLOWLY
the dead don't bite
if they do they would have eaten the current tenant
how can they attack you when they don't know you and you were not responsible for thies death
the truth is you are afraid but your children are not
who even told you where you live now is not a grave? including me and all of us
Re: Grave Inside Compound I And Family Are About To Move Into by hinograce: 7:40am On Apr 10, 2018
I won't pack in not because of spirits. Truth is we Africans throw caution in the air on every issue. It is a health hazard burying someone in a residential place but we don't know and we don't care here and that is why Africans have the lowest life expectancy. Even exhuast fume and all. Ever wondered why advanced countries have carefully designated places as grave yards? Let's advance Africa in our processes, procedures and policies. I rest my case. #Geologist.
Re: Grave Inside Compound I And Family Are About To Move Into by donkaz2(m): 7:41am On Apr 10, 2018
If ur spirit will hunt u then go for another apartment. As u said someone is already in the compound ....there is nothing wrong in that I bet every house in agege Lagos has one now or later.

I have two in my compound
Re: Grave Inside Compound I And Family Are About To Move Into by kanubiafra: 7:50am On Apr 10, 2018
Allikola:
If you are Muslim, it is advisable not to move into such house because Salat (Prayer) will not be accepted where there is grave yard.
That is y Islam teaches us to bury our dead in a cemetery.
SHUTUP don't you guys pray before you burry in your cemetary so hallah wont accept the prayer or what? you just said this cos you think its a christian that is burried there. thats all
Re: Grave Inside Compound I And Family Are About To Move Into by Nobody: 7:52am On Apr 10, 2018
the grave is meant for you, consider it to be a value added service provided by the landlord who eargerly desires that you make his yard your permanent resting place.
Re: Grave Inside Compound I And Family Are About To Move Into by Prettyyemi(f): 7:56am On Apr 10, 2018
Burying people in d house shouldn't be done anymore..
Outside d house is still considerable..
I would say,u should look for another house oo..
Why didn't the owner of d house Bury his mother in his own room??
My dear,pls be careful ooo!!!
Re: Grave Inside Compound I And Family Are About To Move Into by Oyindidi(f): 7:58am On Apr 10, 2018
0monnak0da:
I will pray for you
I tell you sey I dey find belle?
Re: Grave Inside Compound I And Family Are About To Move Into by 0monnak0da: 8:02am On Apr 10, 2018
Oyindidi:
I tell you sey I dey find belle?
Sorry I think it was just a grammar hitch. Now I understtand.
Anyone you wan I can pray for you not to get belle. Is that OK?
Re: Grave Inside Compound I And Family Are About To Move Into by Oyindidi(f): 8:03am On Apr 10, 2018
0monnak0da:
Sorry I think it was just a grammar hitch. Now I understtand.
Anyone you wan I can pray for you not to get belle. Is that OK?
I don't need your prayers. Pray for my business to grow fast grin
Re: Grave Inside Compound I And Family Are About To Move Into by Geesaintagape: 8:13am On Apr 10, 2018
Nothing to fear d dead man is now dustn nothing more.
My house in.asaba my landlord buried his mom their n later build another family house for his family all of us in.d yard presently are tenant n d grave is well designed for sitting n gisting at night.
Re: Grave Inside Compound I And Family Are About To Move Into by fortunejum: 8:15am On Apr 10, 2018
What you believe works for you. lf you think the living has nothing to do with the dead, so shall it be.
.....for me, wherever I live, I dominant.
Re: Grave Inside Compound I And Family Are About To Move Into by 0monnak0da: 8:20am On Apr 10, 2018
Oyindidi:
I don't need your prayers. Pray for my business to grow fast grin
contradiction.

What is ya business?
Re: Grave Inside Compound I And Family Are About To Move Into by linearity: 8:21am On Apr 10, 2018
Lexusgs430:

Cremation?

O boy I dey fear you oh!

You mean for 9ja you wan cremate grand papa and mama? Make you dare not suggest that kind thing oh!

That ‘technology’ is a taboo in most Nigeria communities. Where you go even see the crematorium for 9ja? I am very positive that, anyone running a crematorium in Nigeria is taking a huge loss.
Re: Grave Inside Compound I And Family Are About To Move Into by olowobaba10: 8:21am On Apr 10, 2018
JUST LEVEL IT IF IT'S A MOUND, WITH TIME NO BODY WILL REMEMBER THERE WAS A GRAVE THERE.
GoodKay:

What are ur advice's please? Does it mean? Can we go ahead and stay there? Anything wrong in staying at a house where someone was buried? I'm not afraid I just want to be sure that there's no spiritual consequences or anything of sort
Re: Grave Inside Compound I And Family Are About To Move Into by adaxxy: 8:31am On Apr 10, 2018
agohmamuda:
Don't be afraid. There's also a grave in my compound, when I first moved in, some spirits were hovering about disturbing at night. After spraying the powder, Till date, those Spirit have been assigned to doing my laundry, opening gate for me when am driving out, in charge of security and other chores. My dear u have the upper hand here. Move in ASAP.
Seriously? grin grin
My tummy ooo.
Re: Grave Inside Compound I And Family Are About To Move Into by Reptyle(m): 8:40am On Apr 10, 2018
GoodKay:

If you have another option, don't move into the compound. Otherwise, your fear will begin to cause you to paint mental pictures which might soon begin to manifest and affect everything around you. Move to a place where your mind is at peace and you can look forward to coming home without fear.

Technically there is nothing wrong with living in a compound with a grave in it.

During my university days, I lived in a house with the owner buried in his room and the room was locked. I did not know until after a year when the man's children came to mark his remembrance ceremony and they opened the room and I saw the tomb. I still lived in the house for one more year until the children decided to sell the property.
Re: Grave Inside Compound I And Family Are About To Move Into by sunemi(m): 8:44am On Apr 10, 2018
This is sounding like a movie i watched in 2002.

Check my signature if you are a SALARY EARNER who work and reside in Lagos.
Re: Grave Inside Compound I And Family Are About To Move Into by Lexusgs430: 8:51am On Apr 10, 2018
linearity:

O boy I dey fear you oh!

You mean for 9ja you wan cremate grand papa and mama? Make you dare not suggest that kind thing oh!

That ‘technology’ is a taboo in most Nigeria communities. Where you go even see the crematorium for 9ja? I am very positive that, anyone running a crematorium in Nigeria is taking a huge loss.

We Nigerian's have a fascination to corpse..... It gets embalmed, we place it in a coffin, dress it up, months later it becomes food to termites/rots away......

Why not just burn it and probably place ashes in an urn or sprinkle it in the ocean/river for fishes and shrimps to feed on?
Re: Grave Inside Compound I And Family Are About To Move Into by fredagu: 8:51am On Apr 10, 2018
If u knw hw many piple buried in ur current location
Re: Grave Inside Compound I And Family Are About To Move Into by proff010: 8:51am On Apr 10, 2018
I currently live with a graveyard right in my front side. It was my landlady mother that was buried there. Even in my family house we buried my father in our house. No big deal...
Re: Grave Inside Compound I And Family Are About To Move Into by Nobody: 8:54am On Apr 10, 2018
agohmamuda:
Don't be afraid. There's also a grave in my compound, when I first moved in, some spirits were hovering about disturbing at night. After spraying the powder, Till date, those Spirit have been assigned to doing my laundry, opening gate for me when am driving out, in charge of security and other chores. My dear u have the upper hand here. Move in ASAP.
You wan kill us for office cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Land Sale @ An Estate Opposite RCCG Camp Gate & Along Ofada Road / CONSTRUCTION Of A Modern Soft 4BEDROOM DUPLEX @PORT HARCOURT / Ghanaian Man Excited At Mansion His Brother Built For Him While He Was Abroad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.