Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,112 members, 7,811,127 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:09 AM

Can You Buy A House With A Grave? - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Can You Buy A House With A Grave? (33263 Views)

Tunde Onakoya's Parents Get A House As A Gift From Someone / Grave Inside Compound I And Family Are About To Move Into / Petrol Kept In A House Burns In Oworonshoki, Lagos (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Buy A House With A Grave? by Divoc19(f): 1:51pm On May 08, 2023
I wonder how some people will want to sell their house after burying their loved one or family member in there.

What's your take dear fam

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Can You Buy A House With A Grave? by HappyPagan: 4:00pm On May 08, 2023
Exhume the body, destroy the grave.

88 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Can You Buy A House With A Grave? by Ulunne777(f): 5:16pm On May 08, 2023
That is why I support cremation and keeping the ashes of your beloved ones if you so desire.
Or
Or every LGA having cemeteries.

This our practice of burying ppl in private properties and homes is just so wrong.
Ppl have bought houses having them unknowingly only to end up being accused of diabolic activities during development.

Eno dey hard house deliverance prophets to prophesy

163 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Can You Buy A House With A Grave? by ecolime(m): 7:05pm On May 08, 2023
U wanna sell your family house shey? Better raise money elsewhere cheesy

@ Nazgul: Eg. If a useless first son is selling his late parents home in VI or Ikoyi which host their graves as well for a ridiculous amount, I won't think twice before jumping on the offer.

Coincidentally, I happen to be a first son and my inherited property hosts my parents grave grin

I was not bouyant to develop it because of Projects including my personal property. All I did was let a family member live in the building free of charge. Then gave out the front yard (80 by 60) to a credible developer who built a mini-shopping Plaza (26 shops)

Few more years to go, full ownership of the shops will be back to me with steady rents flowing in.

Never insult the memories of your parents by selling their resting place.

180 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Can You Buy A House With A Grave? by Nazgul: 7:24pm On May 08, 2023
Depends on the location and price of the house.

Eg. If a useless first son is selling his late parents home in VI or Ikoyi which host their graves as well for a ridiculous amount, I won't think twice before jumping on the offer.

79 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Can You Buy A House With A Grave? by Divoc19(f): 8:55pm On May 08, 2023
Never heard of this before
HappyPagan:
Exhume the body, destroy the grave.

@ Nazgul you are sounding hilarious cheesy

@ ecolime Naaaa

@ Ulunne777 is cremation practiced in Nigeria

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Buy A House With A Grave? by Nazgul: 9:04pm On May 08, 2023
Divoc19:
@ Nazgul you are sounding hilarious cheesy
I've seen it happen very often. Rich parents die, their junkie first son sizes the documents of his dad's properties and starts selling them off one after the other at ridiculous prices.

If I happen to meet any of those kind of kids, I'll even try to beat down their price further with him...and I'd care less if the house is a grave yard. Cos even if I choose to resell the property immediately after purchasing it, I'd make a hell of a fortune from it.

50 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Can You Buy A House With A Grave? by Caleb15(m): 3:42pm On Jun 25, 2023
Nazgul:

I've seen it happen very often. Rich parents die, their junkie first son sizes the documents of his dad's properties and starts selling them off one after the other at ridiculous prices.

If I happen to meet any of those kind of kids, I'll even try to beat down their price further with him...and I'd care less if the house is a grave yard. Cos even if I choose to resell the property immediately after purchasing it, I'd make a hell of a fortune from it.

Such oppotunities comes when capital is unavailable

25 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Can You Buy A House With A Grave? by Untainted007: 3:47pm On Jun 25, 2023
Noooo

1 Like

Re: Can You Buy A House With A Grave? by kingzjay(m): 3:47pm On Jun 25, 2023
Na house I wan buy no be cemetery jhoor

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can You Buy A House With A Grave? by Westerhoffe(m): 3:48pm On Jun 25, 2023
shocked

I can't buy such house or land… since it's not the only land available…

9 Likes

Re: Can You Buy A House With A Grave? by SLOVFO(m): 3:48pm On Jun 25, 2023
It all depends on the custom and culture of the place where the land is situated.
Re: Can You Buy A House With A Grave? by HateBigots: 3:48pm On Jun 25, 2023
NO... Who knows what/who they buried inside. Houses plenty to buy/rent, I no get strength to fight spirit.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Can You Buy A House With A Grave? by elpochas: 3:49pm On Jun 25, 2023
My Rivers brothers come to mind.

12 Likes

Re: Can You Buy A House With A Grave? by Ladiesdoctor(m): 3:49pm On Jun 25, 2023
Tabdi jan
Re: Can You Buy A House With A Grave? by Yankee101: 3:49pm On Jun 25, 2023
The original owner bought his thing to bury himself and now hungry children want to sell

Na your money the dead man take buy house?

They never intend for such houses to be sold

9 Likes

Re: Can You Buy A House With A Grave? by slawomir: 3:49pm On Jun 25, 2023
Damnnn niggarrrr

Nothing wrong

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can You Buy A House With A Grave? by X8riiivi: 3:50pm On Jun 25, 2023
Okay
Re: Can You Buy A House With A Grave? by wunmi590(m): 3:50pm On Jun 25, 2023

Only few has the balls to buy house that has grave in it...

My wife brother who died in US, one of his house was put for sale, but alot of people were rejecting it, because he buried one of his brother who died in Nigeria there...

I've told them to build some rentable apartment in the little space on the land, so that they can rent it out...

Burying somebody in a house 🏠 you intend to sale in future will devalue it

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Buy A House With A Grave? by Paystack: 3:50pm On Jun 25, 2023
Buy the house

Mine the skull of the grave occupants and sell to Ogun people

Win win

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Buy A House With A Grave? by opera1(m): 3:51pm On Jun 25, 2023
Some people are even looking for such area/place to buy.

4 Likes

Re: Can You Buy A House With A Grave? by REDshouse(m): 3:51pm On Jun 25, 2023
I saw one sold with over 10 graves in it...

There was a redeem church also in Gbagada that also bought a mosque ...

Everything has a price ..

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Buy A House With A Grave? by Hezzyluv: 3:51pm On Jun 25, 2023
The deaths has ntin to do with the living. Therefore, buy the land develop it and leave the grave side. But arrange it and make it look good too. Most graves use to be by the side of lands. So, no shaking...

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can You Buy A House With A Grave? by Oluwaseunbandur: 3:51pm On Jun 25, 2023
I can't sell or buy any, my parents properties, I can't sell them as they are buried there, cant even lease it out sef, too much guilt, just abandon them like that despite people disturbing to lease it out in this same Lagos

5 Likes

Re: Can You Buy A House With A Grave? by Nobody: 3:52pm On Jun 25, 2023
Na bonus be that naw.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Buy A House With A Grave? by talented321: 3:52pm On Jun 25, 2023
Problem no just too much

1 Like

Re: Can You Buy A House With A Grave? by benqo01(m): 3:52pm On Jun 25, 2023
Don't ever try that,u self check e make sense at all?

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Collapsed Building In Lagos: List Of Survivors / See The Amount My Dad Used To Roof His Building (25yrs Ago) / Metro View Hotel Collapses In Ebonyi, 60 People Escape Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.