Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,176 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:58 AM

About The Word "Submission"! - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / About The Word "Submission"! (1838 Views)

Why You Can't Beat A Woman Into Submission...(graphic) / What It Really Means When A Lady Uses The Word "Dear" On You. / Fun Game; Ask For Sex Without Using The Word Sex Or F*ck (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: About The Word "Submission"! by LordKO(m): 7:26pm On Apr 08, 2018
Submission - both in words and actions - will always requires servility to achieve and sustain. And, of course, only small-minded men (people) expect submission from their women (others) - in personal and romantic relationship. Here impunity reigns supreme because the small-minded man would like to eat his cake and have it. He isn't a proponent and practitioner of reciprocation.

Meanwhile, submissiveness - both in words and actions - simply requires trust and loyalty to achieve and sustain. An aristocratic man (person) will always expect submissiveness from his wife (others). And, of course, he knows that honesty, politeness, beneficence, conscientiousness (in fact goodness) is a sign of strength, and that strength from a man begets the loyalty, trust, respect (goodness in totality) his wife will give him. The saying "he who comes into equity must come with clean hands" validate this assertion.

The simple distinction between submission and submissiveness is that while the proponent of the former expects unearned goodness, the proponent of the latter expects earned goodness. Importance of euphemism can never be overemphasized.

The problem always is that the world is almost filled up with small-minded people; proponents and practitioners of "right without responsibility." People who long to be treated as royalties while they behaves like commoners.

Small-mindedness knows no gender or race, however, what's true is that it's more prevalent among Africans in particular and blacks in general.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: About The Word "Submission"! by walepackage(m): 7:44pm On Apr 08, 2018
@op.Why will you equate 'submissiveness' to slavery in marriage.I doubt if you have first hand information in marital life of this contemporary era, were most of the crucial matters in the family are discuss both by the couples.Well,its your own social definition of the word"submission"but,its not related to slavery in marital life, in as much their is love,understanding and mutual respect among the couples.Its just a matter of'role differenciation'and nothing you and your cohort can do about changing that social fact.
Re: About The Word "Submission"! by BluntBoy(m): 7:48pm On Apr 08, 2018
folake4u:

Lol,wetin you understand cheesy
I understand that you don't want to say anything grin
Re: About The Word "Submission"! by Nobody: 8:00pm On Apr 08, 2018
The Bible writers should have used the word "Respect" Instead of "submission" .

2 Likes

Re: About The Word "Submission"! by folake4u(f): 8:15pm On Apr 08, 2018
BluntBoy:

I understand that you don't want to say anything grin

Hehe,what do you think I wanted to say before? smiley
Re: About The Word "Submission"! by Shugavee(f): 8:41pm On Apr 08, 2018
DJHANDSOME:
The Bible writers should have used the word "Respect" Instead of "submission" .
God bless you

2 Likes

Re: About The Word "Submission"! by swiz123(m): 9:01pm On Apr 08, 2018
Mrs op, you sound more like a girl then a woman.

If the former is the case, then you need to grow more to realize that women are naturally beneath men

With the points you gave in your skewed post, it's obvious you are referring to a brute husband.

For a marriage to last long, women must acknowledge the bolded above cos it's a fact and not a cliche.

Amarabae, people like you are very deceitful.

You'd submit tottaly to your husband, but wil come online claiming e feminist just to save face, thereby misleading the single ones.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: About The Word "Submission"! by CAPSLOCKED: 9:09pm On Apr 08, 2018
swiz123:

If the former is the case, then you need to grow more to realize that women are naturally beneath men

With the points you gave in your skewed post, it's obvious you are referring to a brute husband.

For a marriage to last long, women must acknowledge the bolded above cos it's a fact and not a cliche.

You'd submit tottaly to your husband, but wil come online claiming e feminist just to save face, thereby misleading the single ones.

A LOT OF SINGLE PEOPLE HAVE BEEN MISLED BY THESE MASQUERADES.

A REAL WOMAN KNOWS HER POSITION. THE PEOPLE THAT COME TO BEAT CHESTS ON THE INTERNET ARE MOST TIMES DEEPLY OPPRESSED AND FRUSTRATED IN REAL LIFE.

HAND EACH OF THESE SELF ACCLAIMED FEMINISTS RICH HUSBANDS AND THEY'LL FOREVER FORGET THE SPELLING OF "FEMIN.. . ".
I HAVE PROOFS.
Re: About The Word "Submission"! by BluntBoy(m): 9:32pm On Apr 08, 2018
folake4u:

Hehe,what do you think I wanted to say before? smiley

Nothing cheesy

I just wanted to engage you.
Re: About The Word "Submission"! by folake4u(f): 9:35pm On Apr 08, 2018
BluntBoy:

Nothing cheesy

I just wanted to engage you.

OK sah smiley
Re: About The Word "Submission"! by BluntBoy(m): 9:40pm On Apr 08, 2018
folake4u:

OK sah smiley
So, you want to sirzone me abi
Anyway, goodnight. Sweet dreams. grin
Re: About The Word "Submission"! by folake4u(f): 9:57pm On Apr 08, 2018
BluntBoy:

So, you want to sirzone me abi
Anyway, goodnight. Sweet dreams. grin
Lol, which one is sirzone again?
Goodnight dear, sweet dreams too smiley

1 Like

Re: About The Word "Submission"! by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 10:04pm On Apr 08, 2018
swiz123:

Rubbish nairaland guys would just be ranting as usual.Amarabae carry on women of today would not settle for less.Your fellow men would like tho because it soothens their ego.Nonsense post naturally beneath my foot.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: About The Word "Submission"! by Rukkydelta(f): 11:14pm On Apr 08, 2018
Jodha:
I don't totally agree with yhu sis.. .the Bible clearly stated that women should be submissive to their husband's...
Submitting to a man doesn't make yhu a slave... It's just like accepting him as the head of the family...

But that does not mean Yhu have no say in yhur home...a wise man will listen to his wife and respect her...a wise woman will obey and respect her husband...

Chikenah..
Do you think in a situation where the wife is the breadwinner the woman should still be submissive to her husband ? smiley

1 Like

Re: About The Word "Submission"! by youngreezy(m): 12:14am On Apr 09, 2018
Rukkydelta:

Do you think in a situation where the wife is the breadwinner the woman should still be submissive to her husband ? smiley
lmao see hw u dy reason?so cuz u r d breadwinner u shud nt submit?u r competing wit ur hubby or wat?wen dm say make men no marry women wey get money pas dem una say na insecurity,continue.
Re: About The Word "Submission"! by Rukkydelta(f): 7:33am On Apr 09, 2018
youngreezy:
lmao see hw u dy reason?so cuz u r d breadwinner u shud nt submit?u r competing wit ur hubby or wat?wen dm say make men no marry women wey get money pas dem una say na insecurity,continue.
I asked that question cos most Nigerian men, normally use the Bible or Koran to say a woman should be submissive cos it's written there and they will forget the part where it's stated that the man should love and care for his family.

In my own view I think couples should respect each other. Yes the man is the head cos we can't have two leaders but that doesn't mean the woman shouldn't have a say in the home or be subjected to modern day slavery.
Good morning smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: About The Word "Submission"! by Jodha(f): 8:52am On Apr 09, 2018
Rukkydelta:

Sure...

Provided he's also working hard to make sure...he takes care of his family..
Re: About The Word "Submission"! by TheUpsetGirl(m): 9:07am On Apr 09, 2018
Amarabae:
About the word "submission "
Many men misunderstand it,
Many abuse it
Many hide under it to show their misogynistic attitude,

But what do you understand by submission?

Let's examine this.

Joy is beautiful
Joy is well educated and very intelligent, she read abroad.
Joy is working and being paid well

Joy gets married to John.

John is handsome
John is also educated,
John is working too

Now they are married,

John wants joy to be submissive to him ,
Joy ask him "sweetheart what do you mean by submitting to you?

John replies (in a typical African man understanding of submission) :
1.Submitting to me means that my word in this house is final,
2. When I am talking, you should be quiet
3. Whenever I want sex, you should spread your legs
4. I can cheat but you dare not cheat
5. I determine the number of babies we can have.
6.Never you raise your voice on me.
Etc

Joy asked him, :ok but why should I be "submissive to you " and not the other way round?
How did you merit it?

John replies : are you mad?
Don't you know that I am a man and bla bla bla.

The typical African man reasoning.

How can you having a dick be the only qualification for a woman to be submissive to you?
What kind of dumb mentality is that?
You expect a woman to lick your asshole because you have a dick?

And when you try to define the word "submission"
It means yielding to a superior authority,
You being under the control of another person or thing.

So in the mind of the misogynists, a woman who they refer as weak vessel should yield to a man who is a strong vessel,
No wonder many women are passing through a lot in marriages today,
Tolerating a lot of nonsense,
Because we are in a man dominated world,

It pains me to see that many girls are still being brainwashed,
You see them accepting the word "submission"
Aunty submission, are you a slave?
Will river Niger dry up if men starts submitting?
You better wake up.
You will see a man whose wife is feeding,
A man whose wife is the breadwinner of the family yet he will be shouting submission!
Funny idiosyncrasies

I am not a slave,
Marriage is not a slave camp,
I will love you as the husband the same way you will love me.
We will argue,
I will not lick your asshole,
I will stand on my right and defend it
My opinion matters.
And lastly
I am NOT and will never be a weak vessel
Feminism rejects that.
We are strong and proud.

Many men need a reorientation about issues like this especially the yet to marry ones.
Many women are waking up,
There is a reason why the divorce rate is high these days because tolerating rubbish has a limit,
Our mothers went through a lot of anti women prejudices in the society and marriage,
We refuse to go through the same,

All thanks to feminism.
A woman should love the husband deeply and the husband should love the wife deeply too.
Respect her, she will respect you,
Care for her, she will care for you.

Stop manipulating women with the word "submission"
I don't believe in it and will never.
I am no slave.
I love my husband and he loves me.
Our marriage is not a slave camp.
And thats how it should be.

#thanks

nice write up but I hope you've taught your husband about all these things.

1 Like

Re: About The Word "Submission"! by Kimcutie: 9:30am On Apr 09, 2018
I don't like putting my inputs in threads like this, cause if I did, they can't counter me. wink
Re: About The Word "Submission"! by Rukkydelta(f): 9:32am On Apr 09, 2018
Jodha:

Sure...

Provided he's also working hard to make sure...he takes care of his family..
Alright that's cool smiley

(1) (2) (Reply)

HELP! I Couldn't Tell Her I Loved Her / Bobrisky Br€ast Surgeries Are Real”- Lady Confirms After Playing With It [photo] / Memes Galores..add Your Memes Let's LOL

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.