Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,820 members, 7,820,885 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:42 AM

Distant Relationships - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Distant Relationships (2050 Views)

The Bitter Truth For Guys Trying To Maintain Distant Relationships / Long Distant Relationships...how Safe Are They? / Distant Relationships And Phone Calls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Distant Relationships by xreal2(m): 3:43pm On Mar 13, 2007
I've been wondering n i feel i should just ask. for how long do you think u can keep a distant relationship
Re: Distant Relationships by Bolarge(m): 3:53pm On Mar 13, 2007
I wldn't try it if I were u.

I love ur signature.
It's so friggin true. grin
Re: Distant Relationships by xreal2(m): 3:54pm On Mar 13, 2007
Thanx man
Re: Distant Relationships by whiteNkem(f): 4:14pm On Mar 13, 2007
@topic
You can keep such a relationship (if u'r lucky) for several years, yet it's gonna be quite difficult and painful. So try to do the real thing as soon as possible.
Re: Distant Relationships by orp: 4:25pm On Mar 13, 2007
lost in sight,lost in mind
Re: Distant Relationships by Free(f): 12:07am On Mar 14, 2007
undecided undecided

hmmm
Re: Distant Relationships by Ayenfe(f): 3:47am On Mar 14, 2007
distance relationship is very hard and mehn very difficult to sustain, its only God that can help someone. it is 50-50, i.e is either u bring the best out of it or u lose.
Re: Distant Relationships by uspry1(f): 3:50pm On Mar 14, 2007
If you are in a distant relationship, what wrong with use built-in microphone webcam that you can chat seeing at the same time hearing each other voices in the distance? 

There are popular every PC users use webcam chatting to the loved ones electronically. I have my own webcam chatting with my own friends who has webcam or videophone, just dialing up their IP ADDRESS on special webcam software or use any IM (Yahoo Messenger, AOL-AIM, MSN Messenger, ICQ) that has webcam connection installed.

For me, it is 50-50 successful or failure in the distant relationship.
Re: Distant Relationships by iice(f): 4:24pm On Mar 14, 2007
For some, they can work it out, for others they cant. I don't do long distance relationships.
Re: Distant Relationships by Ilovemyhus(f): 6:30am On Mar 15, 2007
I've been in one for a while.
And it is very hard and frustrating sometimes.
But if you really love them and have good communication
with that person everyday.and then I believe that
everything will be Kay, You just need a real love
for it too survive.
Re: Distant Relationships by Maneater1(f): 1:42pm On Mar 15, 2007
wouldnt advise it. i once had a boyfriend that loved globe trotting, he was never around. and trust me abscense does not make the heart grow fonder. istead i got used to him never being aroun and from there i stopped missing him. Later on i started to listen to on-grond toasters cos they ere physically there and giving me the attention i craved for.

Long distances rels suck!!! undecided
Re: Distant Relationships by Bolarge(m): 2:17pm On Mar 15, 2007
Man-eater:

Later on i started to listen to on-grond toasters because they ere physically there and giving me the attention i craved for.

Hmmm. .u naughty girl u. wink grin
Re: Distant Relationships by elbeyah(f): 3:29pm On Mar 15, 2007
i am in a long-distance relationship and its not easy at all.
i guess it all comes down to the commitment of both parties and the set down rules you guys have eg no going out with male/female friends, etc
however if it is avoidable, pls avoid it
Re: Distant Relationships by Iceugwa(m): 5:44am On Apr 25, 2010
I'm not the distant relationship type. But would buy dat idea

Re: Distant Relationships by Cockyzy(m): 10:22am On Apr 25, 2010
A love so divine,pure and compatible can last forever,still young and faithful and a selfish Relationship can fail even if it is proximal.Am in a LDR and we both are strong hearted, knowing what we want we define our relationship from the start and it is all flourishing and blissful.
Re: Distant Relationships by Cockyzy(m): 10:23am On Apr 25, 2010
A love so divine,pure and compatible can last forever,still young and faithful and a selfish Relationship can fail even if it is proximal.Am in a LDR and we both are strong hearted, knowing what we want we define our relationship from the start and it is all flourishing and blissful.
Re: Distant Relationships by Nobody: 10:55am On Apr 25, 2010
@ Cockyzy: for how long have you been in LDR now? Im just asking coz I admire your passion and faith. I wish you and your girl all the best that love could bringsmiley
Re: Distant Relationships by Cockyzy(m): 2:25pm On Apr 25, 2010
We are 1st love to eachother.Time is lost when true love is found.it is not about the years spent but making the years count.Our love start @ Never and end @ forever.dont know about u but i believe in myself and trust in God.
Re: Distant Relationships by gr8xt(m): 4:20pm On Apr 25, 2010
distant relationship dont work dis days let us nt deceive ourslf.it may seems as if is workin @ d beginin bt later it doesn't work out
Re: Distant Relationships by Cockyzy(m): 6:14pm On Apr 25, 2010
@gr8txt: I dont have anytin 2 say but that "The horse is prepared for battle and safety is of the lord".ours is endorsed.
Re: Distant Relationships by henryhemon(m): 6:25pm On Apr 26, 2010
Nothing is guaranteed in this world,there as much more problems with even the other type of relationship,the key word is sincerity,even if she/he lives in same house with you,that isn't a guarantee that the relationship will last,if they both parties are sincere,then it will work out so is it with non-distant relationship.
Re: Distant Relationships by sereques(m): 6:37pm On Apr 26, 2010
I'm in one and it's tough. You need a matured mind to sustain it.
Re: Distant Relationships by yme1(f): 6:57pm On Apr 26, 2010
been there before and still partially there now undecided
but am trying to get out of it and when i do i aint going back cheesy
Re: Distant Relationships by polynesian(f): 12:16pm On Apr 27, 2010
Im in a long-distance relationship , hes the love of my life.
Remeber distance also is a test of love, many will fail, but for those who can withstand it have the answer: true love.
Distance between two hearts is not an obstacle; rather a great reminder of just how strong true love can be.
If its true luv you have for each other, than it will last forever.
Re: Distant Relationships by Cockyzy(m): 1:40pm On Apr 27, 2010
@polynesian : i feel you sister.BRAVO! @sereques: dont mind them in here,Immatured minds flock nairaland like sheep without guide.
Re: Distant Relationships by kieryn(f): 1:57pm On Apr 27, 2010
More power to anyone that wants to keep a long distance relationship. I would not start one. In a relationship i need to be able to see the other person on the regular.
Re: Distant Relationships by polynesian(f): 12:05pm On Apr 28, 2010
@cockyzy well  Thank yu.

God bless.
Re: Distant Relationships by Nobody: 12:27pm On Apr 28, 2010
Long distance has just never worked for me. undecided
Re: Distant Relationships by eazymoney(m): 2:02pm On Apr 28, 2010
It has never been working
Re: Distant Relationships by WhyAWhy(m): 11:39pm On Aug 24, 2011
I don't think i wanna try it again, I was badly burnt the last time grin grin
Re: Distant Relationships by Mynd44: 12:08pm On Aug 25, 2011
Avoid it if you can it's not worth it
Re: Distant Relationships by nassiwa: 12:17pm On Aug 25, 2011
A long distance relationship is so hard to be in. i can not even risk.

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Gurlfriend Just Enterede Uni, Would She Leave Me? / What Your Girlfriend/boyfriend Motto? / If I?.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.