Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,232 members, 7,829,419 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:34 AM

Obafemi Awolowo’s Mercedes Benz Used For His Presidential Campaigns - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obafemi Awolowo’s Mercedes Benz Used For His Presidential Campaigns (60061 Views)

Atiku Commissions Green Farm Project During His Presidential Rally In Uyo(Pics) / Buhari Submits His Presidential Nomination Form At APC Office (Photos) / President Buhari In Lagos With His Presidential Car Fleet (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obafemi Awolowo’s Mercedes Benz Used For His Presidential Campaigns by jimrog: 9:34am On Apr 11, 2018
Eziokwuegbuozoo:
He who fights and retreats lives to fight again. But he who was confronted with a fight and he decides to boycott the fight by killing himself is a disgrace in the world of cowards.

Not when u are running to live millions of ur followers behind to be killed. And which fight did he came back to fight again. Someone that came back to beg....

2 Likes

Re: Obafemi Awolowo’s Mercedes Benz Used For His Presidential Campaigns by T9ksy(m): 9:50am On Apr 11, 2018
jimrog:

So it is not cowardice to run away from war u started leaving behind ur ppl to be slaughtered anyhow only to come back to want to be a president of the same country u fought....isn't it better to die for what u believe in than to chicken out and run to a neighboring country. Ur own definition of bravery sure tell the kind of ppl u all are...

In some neck of the woods (in Nigeria), when a WARLORD abandon his people on the battlefield and took to his heels in the middle of the night, dressed like a tranny then he is said to be a HERO!

As for the bolded portion above, Ojukwu never believed in biafra so wtf do you expect him to die for it. Biafra to Ojukwu was just a means to actualised his ulterior ambition but after sacrificing millions of his people to this end and realising that it ain't going to happen, he did a "Ben Johnson" to Abidjan leaving his people at the mercy of the enemy.

1 Like

Re: Obafemi Awolowo’s Mercedes Benz Used For His Presidential Campaigns by T9ksy(m): 10:04am On Apr 11, 2018
Eziokwuegbuozoo:
He who fights and retreats lives to fight again. But he who was confronted with a fight and he decides to boycott the fight by killing himself is a disgrace in the world of cowards.

ol' boy, let's call a spade, a spade, jo!

Ojukwu did not retreat rather he ran off and abandoned his people when he realised his own life was at stake. This was after he had sent millions of his people on a "chicken run" .

Yes he lived but not to fight again as he returned to nigeria and sat at the same table (and in the same political party) with those whom he vowed "to only deal with on the battlefield" and who pogromised his people.

But then, ojukwu's action was hardly surprising as these folks are known for their gross propensity to feed from their own vomit!

2 Likes

Re: Obafemi Awolowo’s Mercedes Benz Used For His Presidential Campaigns by isalegan2: 11:16am On Apr 11, 2018
chuckjonesautos:

Cowards commit suicide in Africa.. this is not Japan where they practice Hara Kiri.. Suicide by honor..

Actually, Yoruba kings and warriors are supposed to be ready to do that - a form of hara kiri. (Read about the phenomenon of the calabash and parrots egg, and duties of Oyo warriors and warlords.) Such a person cannot be defeated, captured, deposed or imprisoned by enemies. I like Igbo people wella but there's some difference in tradition due to Yoruba monarchical system. I think Igbo tradition uses exile (see Obi Okonkwo in 'Things Fall Apart') in cases like that.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obafemi Awolowo’s Mercedes Benz Used For His Presidential Campaigns by chuckjonesautos: 11:24am On Apr 11, 2018
achiever12:

So, location is what determines whether suicide is an act of cowardice or bravery? Boy, did you stuff your brain in your smelly anus? The comment coming out of you is extremely purulent like something emanating from a smelly, leaky brain. grin

Lol! I can sense an underage. Oo my! let me not waste my time on educating a hopeless cause like you.
Re: Obafemi Awolowo’s Mercedes Benz Used For His Presidential Campaigns by chuckjonesautos: 11:29am On Apr 11, 2018
isalegan2:

Actually, Yoruba kings and warriors are supposed to be ready to do that - a form of hara kiri. (Read about the phenomenon of the calabash and parrots egg, and dutues of Oyo warriors and warlords.) Such a person cannot be defeated, captured, deposed or imprisoned by enemies. I like Igbo people wella but there's some difference in tradition due to Yoruba monarchical system. I think Igbo tradition uses exile (see Obi Okonkwo in 'Things Fall Apart') in cases like that.

You are a great intellect my man.. thanks for the referral to the Story..
Re: Obafemi Awolowo’s Mercedes Benz Used For His Presidential Campaigns by cooltola(m): 12:31pm On Apr 11, 2018
This is 2018 where the past do not even matter again, the politicians whose characters that are defended or attacked on Naira land have died for a very long time. No tribe is a slave to another but a slave to corruption. 2019 election is coming, that is main koko we should be addressing.
Re: Obafemi Awolowo’s Mercedes Benz Used For His Presidential Campaigns by Eziokwuegbuozoo: 7:34pm On Apr 11, 2018
T9ksy:

ol' boy, let's call a spade, a spade, jo!

Ojukwu did not retreat rather he ran off and abandoned his people when he realised his own life was at stake. This was after he had sent millions of his people on a "chicken run" .

Yes he lived but not to fight again as he returned to nigeria and sat at the same table (and in the same political party) with those whom he vowed "to only deal with on the battlefield" and who pogromised his people.

But then, ojukwu's action was hardly surprising as these folks are known for their gross propensity to feed from their own vomit!

Did you remember that Gowon vowed that he was going to wipe off the entire Biafrans in just three(3) days? And his main hope and moral was that he had the international backups in fiscal and arsenal terms; only a small circle entity of people stood their ground in a heavy intimidations and threats and held down an acclaimed giant of Africa plus many other countries which includes countries like Great Britain, America, Germany and many others for three(3) good years against the 3days initially boasted by Gowon, and yet you still have mouth to criticise their uncommon bravely? Are you Ok?
Re: Obafemi Awolowo’s Mercedes Benz Used For His Presidential Campaigns by achiever12: 1:22pm On Apr 20, 2018
chuckjonesautos:

Lol! I can sense an underage. Oo my! let me not waste my time on educating a hopeless cause like you.

Since you are "overage", it means you will die before me. RIP in advance

1 Like

Re: Obafemi Awolowo’s Mercedes Benz Used For His Presidential Campaigns by chuckjonesautos: 5:07pm On Apr 20, 2018
achiever12:

Since you are "overage", it means you will die before me. RIP in advance

Lol! Your maturity is still showing. Lol!
Re: Obafemi Awolowo’s Mercedes Benz Used For His Presidential Campaigns by achiever12: 6:11pm On Apr 20, 2018
chuckjonesautos:

Lol! Your maturity is still showing. Lol!

And yours is on descent

1 Like

Re: Obafemi Awolowo’s Mercedes Benz Used For His Presidential Campaigns by chuckjonesautos: 9:57pm On Apr 20, 2018
achiever12:

And yours is on descent

Yes my descendant
Re: Obafemi Awolowo’s Mercedes Benz Used For His Presidential Campaigns by reality1010: 10:30pm On Apr 20, 2018
autojosh:
Obafemi Awolowo was a Nigerian nationalist and political leader. He played very important roles in Nigeria’s quest for independence. He also played key parts in the First and Second Republics.

He was the first premier of the Western Region and later federal commissioner for finance. He was also the Vice Chairman of the Federal Executive Council during the Gowon administration.

He was also the official Leader of the Opposition in the federal parliament to the Tafawa Balewa government from 1959 to 1963.

The man was a man of many firsts. For instance, He was the first Leader of Government Business and Minister of Local Government and Finance, and first Premier of the Western Region under Nigeria’s parliamentary system, from 1952 to 1959.

On three occasions, Awolowo made attempts at the country’s presidency.

Much of the progressive social legislation that has made Nigeria a modern nation is credited to him.

In recognition of all these, Awolowo was the first individual in the modern era to be named “Leader of the Yorubas” (Asiwaju Awon Yoruba or Asiwaju Omo Oodua).

On 9 May 1987, he died at his Ikenne home. He was aged 78.

A part of his Ikenne home, the Efunyela Hall, was made a museum to commemorate the life and times of this sage. His widow, H.I.D Awolowo, commissioned the museum on August 4, 1989.

Part of the items on display in the museum is an eight-sitter grey Mercedes 230.6.

The Mercedes Benz was used by Awolowo to travel across the country during his electioneering campaign in 1979 and 1983. The car was bought in 1970.

Source:

https://autojosh.com/checkout-obafemi-awolowos-mercedes-benz/

You for got to mention that he used helicopter in one of his presidential campaigns and from the helicopter he was spreading money to people. He is the first money bag politician.After him you get Abiola.
Re: Obafemi Awolowo’s Mercedes Benz Used For His Presidential Campaigns by achiever12: 11:24pm On Apr 20, 2018
chuckjonesautos:

Yes my descendant

Oh, thanks for confirming that your brain is on descent.

2 Likes

Re: Obafemi Awolowo’s Mercedes Benz Used For His Presidential Campaigns by chuckjonesautos: 1:17am On Apr 21, 2018
achiever12:

Oh, thanks for confirming that your brain is on descent.

And your brain is on top of it. Bravo! No wonder the presido made his comment.
Re: Obafemi Awolowo’s Mercedes Benz Used For His Presidential Campaigns by achiever12: 2:00am On Apr 21, 2018
chuckjonesautos:

And your brain is on top of it. Bravo! No wonder the presido made his comment.

And that comment fits those idiots that are ready to sell off their destinies for 2 pennies just to defend Buhari.
Re: Obafemi Awolowo’s Mercedes Benz Used For His Presidential Campaigns by sakanifemi123(m): 3:13am On Apr 21, 2018
awolowo is the no 1 leader i ever see since the history of niageria is role and achievement can never be compare with any others leaders both past and present when chief awolowo introduced fre education, healthcare to just mention few out of it when were all other leaders where were they. it is not the same awolowo that provide solution to the civil war and stabilize unity of country. All this so leaders of now it is not the same free education of then during baba adm that made them what they become now since then has any ever perform such thing till now may his soul rest in perfect peace.
Re: Obafemi Awolowo’s Mercedes Benz Used For His Presidential Campaigns by chuckjonesautos: 1:23pm On Apr 21, 2018
achiever12:

And that comment fits those idiots that are ready to sell off their destinies for 2 pennies just to defend Buhari.

I am not DAFT enough to vote for an old heartless, clueless Camel

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

NBC Suspends Channels TV For Speaking With IPOB, Slams N5 Million Fine / Akeredolu Snubs Handshake With Tinubu At APC Rally, Ajimobi Used As Shield / Dino Melaye Declares Governorship Ambition? See Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.