Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,689 members, 7,820,399 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:15 PM

Herders-farmers Clashes Compounded By Sahel’s Gunmen – Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Herders-farmers Clashes Compounded By Sahel’s Gunmen – Buhari (571 Views)

FG Back-pedals, To Adopt Ranching To End Herders, Farmers Clashes / Soldiers Storm Kogi To Stop Fulani Herdsmen Vs Farmers Clashes(pics) / FG Bans Open Grazing To Curb Herdsmen-Farmers Clashes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Herders-farmers Clashes Compounded By Sahel’s Gunmen – Buhari by Ebullience(m): 10:44pm On Apr 11, 2018
The age-long clashes between herders and farmers in different parts of Nigeria has been exacerbated by influx of gunmen from the Sahel region, President Muhammadu Buhari has said.

President Muhammadu Buhari on Wednesday told the Archbishop of Canterbury, Most Reverend Justin Welby, that the crisis is older than his administration.

Responding to question by the Archbishop, Buhari said: “The problem is even older than us.’’

“It has always been there but now made worse by the influx of armed gunmen from the Sahel region into different parts of the West African sub-region.

“These gunmen were trained and armed by Muammar Gadaffi of Libya. When he was killed, the gunmen escaped with their arms. We encountered some of them fighting with Boko Haram.

“Herdsmen that we used to know carried only sticks and maybe a cutlass to clear the way, but these ones now carry sophisticated weapons.

“The problem is not religious, but sociological and economic. But we are working on solutions,” Buhari said.

In a statement which was signed by his special adviser on Media and Publicity, President Buhari also blamed “irresponsible politics” for the crisis.

He said politics has been brought into the farmers/herders’ crisis, but assured that enduring solutions would be found, and justice done to all concerned.

On the schoolgirl from Dapchi, Leah Sharibu, who is still being held by insurgents, reportedly because she refused to renounce her Christian faith, the President said the issue is being dealt with quietly.

“We are managing the matter quietly. Making noise would not help. We are collecting as much intelligence as possible, working with the Red Cross and other international organisations.

“There are too many fraudulent people around, who claim they can do this and that. We won’t deal with them. That was how we got the Dapchi girls back, and the Chibok girls,” he said

Archbishop Welby in response said it was always a delight to see President Buhari. He also gave assurance of support for the President.

“You have my best wishes on your recent decision. I read your declaration speech. We are neutral as a church, but we will pray for you. Great statesmen are those who run for the good of their country. We will be praying for you,” the Archbishop reassured President Buhari.

http://thenationonlineng.net/herders-farmers-clashes-compounded-by-sahels-gunmen-buhari/

Re: Herders-farmers Clashes Compounded By Sahel’s Gunmen – Buhari by isaacsegun(m): 10:49pm On Apr 11, 2018
Buhari defending Fulani herdsmen since time immemorial.
Re: Herders-farmers Clashes Compounded By Sahel’s Gunmen – Buhari by CharleyBright(m): 8:33am On Apr 12, 2018
Hmmm.
I tire for this clueless Occupant of Aso Villa o.
So Buhari is telling the world that killer Fulani herdsmen were trained in Libya? By so, he is telling the world that Fulani herdsmen are Terrorists from Libya.
Yet, the same Buhari has been trying to give grazing Lands to Fulani terrorists.
And Buhari has been going round to communities attacked by Fulani herdsmen to plead that they accommodate and live in peace with killer Fulani herdsmen.
And the same Buhari has deliberately refused to Proscribe Fulani herdsmen as terrorists even when they have killed a 100 times far more than Ipob ( he quickly proscribed) killed.

Simple fact is thst Buhari is protecting Fulani herdsmen.
I dare Buhari to prove to the world that he is not protecting the Fulani herdsmen and go ahead to Proscribe Fulani herdsmen as terrorists.

Nigerians I beg you, go and get your PVCs and vote Buhari and his wicked APC out.

1 Like

Re: Herders-farmers Clashes Compounded By Sahel’s Gunmen – Buhari by saaron(m): 8:50am On Apr 12, 2018
And you want to reward these so call "Sahel Gun men" with Grazing Reserves right? Was it not fulani terrorist herders who issued a statement through Audu Ogbe that unless Grazing Reserve is given to them, the violence will continue? Bloody liar!
Re: Herders-farmers Clashes Compounded By Sahel’s Gunmen – Buhari by papoudaupolos: 8:52am On Apr 12, 2018
We
Re: Herders-farmers Clashes Compounded By Sahel’s Gunmen – Buhari by Paperwhite(m): 9:02am On Apr 12, 2018
-So fulani herdsmen are really from Gadaffi's country while the ones in Benue are claiming that the state belongs to them
Fulani that claimed responsibility for the ongoing Benue carnage even saying the blood shedding will not stop until the anti-grazing law is reversed?
-Same Lybian fulani violating Nigeria's sovereignty @ will that none of our multiple security agencies including the army can even arrest,prosecute,convict or punish
-Guess the next thing is to also grant them amnesty as in the case of BH.

Buhari have lied so much about this herdsmen issue that he is now seriously confuse about who really his killer brother are.Foolish president angry God will surely punish you.
Re: Herders-farmers Clashes Compounded By Sahel’s Gunmen – Buhari by saaron(m): 9:04am On Apr 12, 2018
This is what I think Buhari's destructive govt is doing.
1. APC govt use their people in Immigration to employ foreign fighters by opening the borders wide for foreign fulani killer contractors to come in to execute a contract.
2. These contractors (Terrorist) join their local counterparts (terrorist fulani herders) to identify localities, villages and communities to be attacked.
3. They commit Genocide and ethnic cleansing.
4. After shedding blood of locals, Nigerian terrorist in headed by buhari's govt moves in to cash in by Advocating for GRAZING RESERVE (FULANI TERRITORIES) for terrorist headers as SOLUTION to end violence.

Terrorist buhari is VERY QUICK to claimed foreign fighters are to blame for the massacres in middle belt, yet he want to reward these so call foreign terrorist with God given lands? The very people massacred by them
You create the problem at the same time suggest the solution to suit your own evil agenda? How devilish can this be?

I HAVE NO DOUBT IN MY MIND THAT BUHARI'S GOVT IS RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL THE GENOCIDES AND MASSACRES ACROSS THE COUNTRY BY TERRORIST FULANI HERDERS!
Re: Herders-farmers Clashes Compounded By Sahel’s Gunmen – Buhari by saaron(m): 9:10am On Apr 12, 2018
saaron:
1. APC govt use their people in Immigration to employ foreign fighters by opening the borders wide for foreign fulani killer contractors to come in to execute a contract.
2. These contractors (Terrorist) join their local counterparts (terrorist fulani herders) to identify localities, villages and communities to be attacked.
4. After shedding blood of locals, Nigerian terrorist in headed by buhari's govt moves in to cash in by Advocating for GRAZING RESERVE (FULANI TERRITORIES) for terrorist headers as SOLUTION to end violence.

Terrorist buhari is VERY QUICK to claimed foreign fighters are to blame for the massacres in middle belt, yet he want to reward these so call foreign terrorist with God given lands? The very people massacred by them
You create the problem at the same time suggest the solution to suit your own evil agenda? How devilish can this be?

I HAVE NO DOUBT IN MY MIND THAT BUHARI'S GOVT IS RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL THE GENOCIDES AND MASSACRES ACROSS THE COUNTRY BY TERRORIST FULANI HERDERS!
Reference purpose.
Re: Herders-farmers Clashes Compounded By Sahel’s Gunmen – Buhari by Paperwhite(m): 9:12am On Apr 12, 2018
saaron:

You said it just right sir.Waiting for the sai baba zombies explaination.
Re: Herders-farmers Clashes Compounded By Sahel’s Gunmen – Buhari by saaron(m): 9:29am On Apr 12, 2018
Paperwhite:
You said it just right sir.Waiting for the sai baba zombies explaination.
Buhari must be dragged to ICC to answer for his crimes against humanity! He is an arbiter and accomplice of terrorist fulani massacres in Nigeria.
Re: Herders-farmers Clashes Compounded By Sahel’s Gunmen – Buhari by savio93(m): 3:14pm On Apr 12, 2018
Excuses everywherr
Re: Herders-farmers Clashes Compounded By Sahel’s Gunmen – Buhari by juddy4life: 4:23pm On Apr 12, 2018
What an unintligent response from a clueless dullard. From all he said, he has agreed that Nigeria is actually a porous shite hole , where any national crash in and unleash terror without being questioned. He has agreed with Trump that this contraption is not only a jungle, but a poo hole. Has this terrorist-chief forgotten in a hurry that he said he will fix all Nigerias problems and challenges? Why are the complains and blame games still on? This clearly shows that he was not prepared for conscientious governance. He was just used to push out the govt at that time, only to plunge us into this bottomless pit. I hope 'frog-eyed' Tinubu and his cohorts are seeing this, because they are the architects of this draconian govt. They should know that if a bad govt is in place, the country and her citizens suffer;and this cuts across party, religion, tribe etc. You people must end disastrously. Read about the ends wicked and greedy people like you. grin

(1) (Reply)

2019: Buhari And His Top Five Northern Rivals / When Will We Pay Our Debts? / PHOTO: Nigerian Vice President @profosinbajo & Shia Traitor Hamza Lawal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.