Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,495 members, 7,819,807 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:07 AM

Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? - Religion (86) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? (77977 Views)

Are Jehovah Witnesses Right About Their Belief Against Blood Transfusion? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (83) (84) (85) (86) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by cheeketo(f): 12:53am On Jun 16, 2018
hairyrapunzel, hope I got the spelling right, I think you are guilty of what you are accusing JW of, u have just been repeating condoning pedophiles, were u a victim?

one thing that makes me happy is that Jehovah has not delegated the work of judging the wicked to any human, he reads the heart and only him can be the judge of who will live and who will be destroyed, and any Jw can't guarantee his own salvation base on his actions alone, cos all our sacred service are just like a piece of rag, it's only by Jehovah's loving kindness or grace as many call it that we can be saved.

Jesus said there will be a faithful and discreet slave that will feed his followers spiritually, and the first Christians followed this pattern Acts 15:22-29.

of course you know all these information you just choose to find fault and disagree, well every one is entitled to their opinion, you thinking and saying these terrible things about JW is ur choice, believing what I believe as a JW too is my choice, I can wait for 140yr for the paradise, it's my wait not yours. telling others about my faith too is my choice, if I tell u and u don't agree it's not by force to accept my view point, and if you hold those views in the past and choose disagree nw, still ur choice. If Jehovah still choose not to bring the paradise, I will still be a JW, cos I love Jehovah and hold my belief not for any rewards. but when the paradise finally comes and it will, you would have missed out on the best life that could ever be yours.

of course you will find fault Whit what I have written.

3 Likes

Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by Nobody: 7:41am On Jun 16, 2018
cheeketo:
hairyrapunzel, hope I got the spelling right, I think you are guilty of what you are accusing JW of, u have just been repeating condoning pedophiles, were u a victim?

one thing that makes me happy is that Jehovah has not delegated the work of judging the wicked to any human, he reads the heart and only him can be the judge of who will live and who will be destroyed, and any Jw can't guarantee his own salvation base on his actions alone, cos all our sacred service are just like a piece of rag, it's only by Jehovah's loving kindness or grace as many call it that we can be saved.

Jesus said there will be a faithful and discreet slave that will feed his followers spiritually, and the first Christians followed this pattern Acts 15:22-29.

of course you know all these information you just choose to find fault and disagree, well every one is entitled to their opinion, you thinking and saying these terrible things about JW is ur choice, believing what I believe as a JW too is my choice, I can wait for 140yr for the paradise, it's my wait not yours. telling others about my faith too is my choice, if I tell u and u don't agree it's not by force to accept my view point, and if you hold those views in the past and choose disagree nw, still ur choice. If Jehovah still choose not to bring the paradise, I will still be a JW, cos I love Jehovah and hold my belief not for any rewards. but when the paradise finally comes and it will, you would have missed out on the best life that could ever be yours.

When Jesus called the Pharisees Satan's children (John 8:44) i didn't understand Him until i met this Hairywhatsoever of a person, he was disfellowshiped because he feels too big for the organization but he's crying everyday as if he can't find another religious group of his choice. He reminds me of Satan who just wants Jehovah's organization dead! cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by Hairyrapunzel: 9:16am On Jun 16, 2018
Riofidelio:
When Jesus called the Pharisees Satan's children (John 8:44) i didn't understand Him until i met this Hairywhatsoever of a person, he was disfellowshiped because he feels too big for the organization but he's crying everyday as if he can't find another religious group of his choice. He reminds me of Satan who just wants Jehovah's organization dead! cheesy cheesy cheesy

You are the person crying everyday. If my words ain't causing you any pain then you won't be ranting up and down. See some calling another person Satan's follower, somebody who says keeping the act of pedophillia and rape in the family is better than reporting them to the police.

Show us where the Bible said that it is through joining Jehovah's organization you will be saved. Is it too difficult for you to do?
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by Hairyrapunzel: 9:31am On Jun 16, 2018
cheeketo:

Keep justifying hiding pedophilles and rapists yet telling Catholics they are a false religion for hiding pedophilles and rapists.
If you think there is sense in whatever you wrote down think again.
You expose your cult every time you try to justify your hiding pedophilles and rapists.
Why wouldn't I find fault in what you have written? Only humans with conscience, empathy and love in their hearts will always find fault in your write up. If you don't find fault then you are just a robot or zombie conditioned to think hiding pedophilles and rapists is right instead of reporting them to the police because you don't want to bring reproach on Jehovah's name.

What's the difference between now and then? Does jehovah now change?
Is jehovah of before different from jehovah now?

You don't see anything wrong with your church member telling people they will perish because they chose not to follow the teaching of men who say they are uninspired and fallible and can err in doctrinal matters and organizational direction.
Keep wishing for your imaginary Armageddon where your jehovah will come to commit the greatest genocide ever known to man.
It's just a wish and its in your imagination. It would never happen. You will keep waiting and die of disappointment like your founding fathers.
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by Equalibrium(m): 2:13am On Feb 03, 2022
My brother you have done well by sharing your faith the Bible truth, i love you too much, but please don't mind that critic for he is actually an Apostate, we have nothing in common with Apostate, am JW and i will forever remain one,Satan ,his demons and his followers ( the Apostate) and their useless propaganda can stop me from witnessing my grand creator JEHOVAH GOD

2 Likes

Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by SeniorMan715(m): 11:02pm On Oct 11, 2022
[quote]What do you know about Jehovah’s Witnesses? Some people have called them Christian propagandists, a new Christian cult, a Christian sect influenced by Judaism, or fanatics who reject medical treatment. Actually, the Witnesses are none of these things. Why do some people think such things about them? Mostly because those people have been given wrong information.

As their name shows, Jehovah’s Witnesses are Witnesses for Jehovah. Who is Jehovah? Jehovah is the name that Almighty God gives to himself in the pages of the Bible.* It is a personal name, not a title like God or Lord. In a general sense, throughout history anyone who witnesses to God’s glory could be called a witness of Jehovah.—Exodus 3:13, 15; Isaiah 43:10.

Thus, the Bible, when listing a long line of faithful men of old starting with Abel, calls them “so great a cloud of witnesses.” (Hebrews 11:4; 12:1) Outstanding individuals, such as Noah, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Joseph, Moses, and David, are listed as God’s witnesses—witnesses of Jehovah. Jesus Christ is called “the faithful and true witness.”—Revelation 3:14.

Why Witnesses Are Needed

The Bible says that man was created perfect and placed in a paradise. The Creator made him with the ability to live forever, to have children, and to extend the boundaries of his Paradise home worldwide. At that time man knew his God, and there was no need for witnesses.—Genesis 1:27, 28.

God endowed man with free will, but our first parents made a wrong decision. They chose to be independent of him. Hence, while God remains perfect, just, and pure, mankind on earth became sinful and unrighteous. Nevertheless, our holy God will allow sin and wickedness to continue only for a limited period of time. The Bible indicates that we are near the end of that divinely permitted time period. So that mankind can know these things, He has preserved His Word—the Torah, the Psalms, and the Gospel—down to our day.

Since most humans do not know God, he has commanded faithful humans to witness about him. To such faithful ones he says: “You are my witnesses.” (Isaiah 43:10) About the work they accomplish, he says: “This good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations.”—Matthew 24:14.

Today, more people than ever before, from all races, languages, and nations, are honestly investigating God’s Word. They have found that many religious customs are of pagan origin and are displeasing to God.

As you may know, some have used religion for commercial purposes. Others have used it to further their political ends or to get rich at the expense of the poor. How do you think such religious profiteers react when a true witness about God is given? Obviously, they feel threatened. That is one reason why you may hear some speak evil of Jehovah’s Witnesses.

Whatever the cost, Jehovah’s Witnesses adhere closely to the Bible. They have not invented a new religion. They merely follow what is written in the Torah, the Psalms, and the Gospel, which is the foundation of true religion. What, then, do they believe? Below are listed some of their teachings. Read and see whether these have the ring of truth or not.

No Trinity

The Bible does not teach the Trinity doctrine. Rather, it says that there is only one true and eternal God. “Jehovah our God is one Jehovah.” (Deuteronomy 6:4) He is the Creator—eternal, almighty, without equal. Jesus is not Almighty God. Jesus lived on earth as a perfect man and died for imperfect mankind. God kindly accepted the life of Jesus as a ransom, and thus through him is the salvation of the faithful. This is God’s will.—Luke 22:42; Romans 5:12.

No Immortal Soul

What happens to people when they die? God’s Word says: “The living are conscious that they will die; but as for the dead, they are conscious of nothing at all.” (Ecclesiastes 9:5) Man does not have an immortal soul. People who think they are talking to the dead are really communicating with demons. Similarly, prayers for the dead benefit no one except the clergy who are paid to utter them.

Resurrection

Man’s real hope is the resurrection, the coming forth of the dead to an earth restored to Paradise conditions. Those who have served God will be blessed for their faithfulness. Those who have died without finding God will have that opportunity then. Thus, “there is going to be a resurrection of both the righteous and the unrighteous.” (Acts 24:15) Only those whom God judges unworthy will not receive a resurrection.

No Hellfire

A loving God would not create a place where the dead suffer eternally. God himself described the burning and torturing of human

(1) (2) (3) ... (83) (84) (85) (86) (Reply)

"Muslims Attacked My Church During Crossover Night And Raped Girls"- Pastor / Apostle Johnson Suleman Reacts To Sex Scandal: "I'm Tough, Can't Bring Me Down" / The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.