Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,674 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:39 PM

Parents With 2 or More Boys How Do You Cope? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Parents With 2 or More Boys How Do You Cope? (24066 Views)

Parents With Sickle Cell Kids How Do You Cope? / How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? / Nigerian Boy Pranks His Parents With A Fake Snake(Hilarious Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Parents With 2 or More Boys How Do You Cope? by rawe45: 10:37pm On Apr 13, 2018
thesicilian:
The part I like about all boys is when you tell them it's time to take your bath, and this one runs this way and the other runs that way. Overall it's fun.

mehn...right now my wife is screaming...

1 Like

Re: Parents With 2 or More Boys How Do You Cope? by alsudaes1(m): 10:40pm On Apr 13, 2018
bebanky:

Keep up with that...my younger daughter of 6 does same to her elder sister who is 8.

It's actually my younger son who does same to his elder sister, while her own elder sister exerts her seniority on her, which now leaves my beautiful angel in the middle undecided
Re: Parents With 2 or More Boys How Do You Cope? by PqsMike: 10:40pm On Apr 13, 2018
victorian:

Sighs unfortunately as the only girl in the midst of two boys. I realised early when I was very little how my last brother will always bully and fight my elder brother. And when our mum will come in to check what's happening, my last brother will start crying, saying my elder brother is just beating him and it's all lies. My mum will beat my elder brother, who is calmly protesting that it's a lie.
Because my youngest brother has very innocent look, my mum will pounce on my elder brother and beat him. I will scream it's a lie o.
My elder brother was on his own and the other is always pushing him. Or hitting or kicking him. But the deed is done already. My elder brother will be crying. When my mum turns her back and head to the kitchen. My younger brother will be laughing silently at my elder one.

He bullied my elder brother for years who is sicker. As my elder bro grew up and him as well. My younger one hated my elder one with great passion. And the elder one just ignored him and cut him off around him. Until Later my elder brother died of sickle cell anemia.
Immediately after his death, my younger brother started bullying me. Lol cheesy

I was so mad and I warned him one day and said the way u bullied and fought our elder bro and eventually made him die. You want to kill me join Abi? Your plan won't work! I stood up to him, face to face, while we snarled at each other cheesy

One-day he was angry with me and he blurted out! Why didn't God made him come first to this world! And look For your information Sis, am your elder bro, whether u like it or not! Cos am a man! cheesy
I will reply angrily, then go and beat God and warn him why he created me first! U can do nothing!

Ha! God! cry

It was so terrible. He's like a thorn in our flesh.

But last last, where is he now? He's evil and jealous mind had eventually placed him where he belongs. Karma is always there waiting patiently for wicked people.

Anyways op, I just pray u can handle those boys. Cause trust me, if u don't handle them well, especially the younger one and beat him well for bullying his older one. He may become uncontrollably later on in life. Use iron hand and force him to be respectful whether he likes it or not!

And that's where your husband comes into play. He must enforce respect from the younger one to the older one. He must! For sanity to rein later on.

Lol....whats his present predicament

and how old is he presently
Re: Parents With 2 or More Boys How Do You Cope? by Otedollaryen: 10:42pm On Apr 13, 2018
PurestBoy:
I need help also, I have 2 boys, Kevin and Alvin, 4 and 1yr old respectively, both were on 6-month exclusive breastfeeding, Had Cow&Gate2 baby formula, Kevin is just too active, he doesn't doesn't even walk at home, he runs, he can't stay in a place for 2 minutes except he's watching his favorite cartoon channel GoTv 60, no matter how you beat him he doesn't cry for more than few seconds, he learns too much that he even correct me his father but the problem is he's too active (I don't want to use the word stubborn). His eleven month younger brother is already following in his footsteps, their mother shouts and beat Kevin every minutes for jumping around in the house. He even engage in fight with me whenever I want to watch my favorite channels except I beat him thoroughly, he wouldn't allow anyone touch anything that is his. Their mother is fed up and losing weight and she's afraid his 11-month old Alvin is already acting likewise. I don't know what to do because you can't leave Kevin alone in the house without closed monitoring else something bad and injurious might happen. All my life, I've never see a kid like my boy, I need advise on what to do, it was worse when he was younger. I don't like beating him like his Mom does and won't have peace at home due to excessive shouting and scolding except he's asleep. Anyone with ideas on how to curtail this?
Slow him down by adding codeine to his diet.
Re: Parents With 2 or More Boys How Do You Cope? by Nobody: 10:45pm On Apr 13, 2018
grafixdon:
Exactly the same issue in my house. I don't know what to do. I don tire. Na 3 boys God give me.
As a product of 5 boys. Permit me please to tell you something you may do
1. Enforce rule in your house. Guys are difficult to deal with. Be forceful. No insults, no foul words, no leaving duties for the other person. Just make rules but be flexible. You understand naa.
2. Give respect always to the eldest and assign responsibilities to him.
3. Always make it clear in the house that a senior is a senior by rebuking them when the younger insults, or hurts the senior. Take side with the senior when he's right and rebuke/punish him when he's wrong to create an impression that you love them all.
4. Always buy things for everyone, if you buy for one and leave out the other, jealousy will soon start.
5. Commit them to God. If you are a Christian, let them understand that life is spiritual and their actions are accountable. Don't say they are kids, they will understand better as kids.
Finally, keep talking, keep shouting, keep doing it.
They will become your pillars tomorrow.
God bless.

4 Likes

Re: Parents With 2 or More Boys How Do You Cope? by charlesazeh(m): 10:47pm On Apr 13, 2018
Otedollaryen:
Slow him down by adding codeine to his diet.

Momma pikin...did thread ain't for kids.... Sometimes just be quiet and read that way you can be able to learn...even if you never born today soon you will.....if you can contribute then do and not stubid mention..

3 Likes

Re: Parents With 2 or More Boys How Do You Cope? by Nobody: 10:50pm On Apr 13, 2018
Childofdoom can relate grin grin
Re: Parents With 2 or More Boys How Do You Cope? by grafixdon: 10:53pm On Apr 13, 2018
princeking2:

As a product of 5 boys. Permit me please to tell you something you may do
1. Enforce rule in your house. Guys are difficult to deal with. Be forceful. No insults, no foul words, no leaving duties for the other person. Just make rules but be flexible. You understand naa.
2. Give respect always to the eldest and assign responsibilities to him.
3. Always make it clear in the house that a senior is a senior by rebuking them when the younger insults, or hurts the senior. Take side with the senior when he's right and rebuke/punish him when he's wrong to create an impression that you love them all.
4. Always buy things for everyone, if you buy for one and leave out the other, jealousy will soon start.
5. Commit them to God. If you are a Christian, let them understand that life is spiritual and their actions are accountable. Don't say they are kids, they will understand better as kids.
Finally, keep talking, keep shouting, keep doing it.
They will become your pillars tomorrow.
God bless.

God bless you for this bro, you just open my eyes.

1 Like

Re: Parents With 2 or More Boys How Do You Cope? by jaxxy(m): 10:53pm On Apr 13, 2018
saintade01:
I have a situation right now where the younger bullies his older brother.

He is 2 and the older is 4, but because he's almost the same height with the older one and a bit fatter, he uses every opportunity to ride his brother. Though the older is calm and homely, very gentle and highly intelligent, he even takes care of this younger one as a big brother but this boy will forcefully collect foods, drinks, toys and even his bigger bicycle from him.

I sometimes tell the big brother to beat him and stand up to him whenever he comes with his bullying but that most times results into fights and I don't like seeing them in wrestlemania.

Please parents with similar issues how do you tame them?

Lol reminds me of myself growing up. I did almost same thing. Bullied my elder brother just because he was cool headed and calm. He dare not take my toys... U can't watch them fight u have to correct the younger one and make him see he can't behave like dat. If need be spank him. With time the younger will understand his place and how to behave.
Re: Parents With 2 or More Boys How Do You Cope? by Nobody: 10:54pm On Apr 13, 2018
grafixdon:

God bless you for this bro, you just open my eyes.
Thank you too.

1 Like

Re: Parents With 2 or More Boys How Do You Cope? by victorian(f): 11:09pm On Apr 13, 2018
PqsMike:

Lol....whats his present predicament

and how old is he presently

When he was done with his youth service, he started bullying my mum in her old age. Anytime I come back from work, I find my mum in her room crying that what has she done to deserve this kind of son.
I will be so pissed and very angry. Cos this woman is frail and old already. What's wrong with this guy! I will calm my mum down and ask her what happened, she will tell me, that he brings ladies to the house and the ladies will come to where she's watching TV jejely o and he will come to the parlour and change the station she's watching saying his gf will prefer another station and she will look at him with shock, are u OK? He talk rudely back to her, and that she should go back to her room infront of his gfs. They end up exchanging bitter words and the girls will. Leave with embarrassment.
After calming her down, I will go to his room and quarrel with him. Do u want to kill this woman! Our own mum again! And u know how frail and old she is!
After shouting at him, he will say get out of my room! I will leave then go back and console mum.
One day she had an heart attack cos of his bullying and wahala. And she died 10mins as I and neighbors were rushing her to hospital. Infact she died in my arms. I was so distraughted. On the day we buried her, at night. She came to my dreams and lunged at my brother that he killed her. Trying to strangle him in the dream.. I tried removing her hands from his neck. I did eventually and dragged her outside the house, she then slumped in my hands, saying he killed me.. He killed me. cry
I was crying as I held onto her tightly, then she slept in my arms and I woke up!
I confronted him, he said its a lie! Enemies are confusing my thoughts abiut him. I just shook my head as I kept crying..

So After her burial, after selling her houses and sharing everything she owned immediately , cos he wouldnt let me rest about relinquishing her property papers to him. He even trhreathened my life sef.
So we sold everything. I told him the day he was itching for her property papers, that so it's because of mama houses, u were so troublesome and wanted her dead! No wonder! uv succeeded in killing her. He said am saying rubbish. He just need the houses sold!

Last last sha, we sold everything. He squandered his share, with drugs and women then ended up in the village.. He's not himself anymore. Sometimes he talks to him, while he walks.

He's like in a trance. I brought pastors, even alfas to pray for him, they all said he has been cursed by our mum on her dying day and he will suffer for many years before he gets himself back again and nobody can deliver him until the curse has run its course and duration.

So he's just there sha. A shadow of himself but alive and kicking.

One day the spirit of mama will set him free.

Rest in Peace mum. cry

It's a curse to give birth to a bad child. And don't ever over pamper your children. It has terrible repercussions in the future.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Parents With 2 or More Boys How Do You Cope? by victorian(f): 11:09pm On Apr 13, 2018
He's 33years old nw.. And still in his trance.
Re: Parents With 2 or More Boys How Do You Cope? by duketunde: 11:10pm On Apr 13, 2018
This just same as my 2 year old son and his 5 year old brother. The 2 year old is first to get outta bed then kicks his brother and tell you want to wee wee on the bed ehn..I slap you now. D drama no get end o. Surely they will grow outta some of this, overall they're best buddies
saintade01:

He is 2 and the older is 4, but because he's almost the same height with the older one and a bit fatter, he uses every opportunity to ride his brother. Though the older is calm and homely, very gentle and highly intelligent, he even takes care of this younger one as a big brother but this boy will forcefully collect foods, drinks, toys and even his bigger bicycle from him.

I sometimes tell the big brother to beat him and stand up to him whenever he comes with his bullying but that most times results into fights and I don't like seeing them in wrestlemania.

Re: Parents With 2 or More Boys How Do You Cope? by Walphem(m): 11:22pm On Apr 13, 2018
My mum trained 5 boys and anytime i look at what my son does now. It becomes scary how she coped.and we were all trained in a Godly way and everyone is quite successful. An envy of the community and all 5 children still dont have a girl yet...we still have boys as the grand children.the coincidence is quite funny

2 Likes

Re: Parents With 2 or More Boys How Do You Cope? by Rukkydelta(f): 11:25pm On Apr 13, 2018
Please encourage your older son to stand up for his right. I once experience something like this when growing up was around 7/8years old then my cousins normally come for holidays. And I have this cousin sister that I'm 2months older than anytime she hits me I will start crying cos I was the gentle and quiet type until a day came when my mum and aunt scold me for being a weakling how can my younger one be beating me so she came and hit me one day. I beat her mercilessly that day she cry a river it was my mum that came to her rescue. From then she started respecting her senior

2 Likes

Re: Parents With 2 or More Boys How Do You Cope? by AxceX(m): 11:36pm On Apr 13, 2018
victorian:
He's 33years old nw.. And still in his trance.
Your story is really touching cry

My condolences cry

1 Like

Re: Parents With 2 or More Boys How Do You Cope? by Spidermon: 11:37pm On Apr 13, 2018
saintade01:

The problem is the older can hardly fight. He even cries first in the fight.

enrol your 1st son in Taekwondo. his character will greatly benefit.The younger son can enrol later

1 Like

Re: Parents With 2 or More Boys How Do You Cope? by Offpoint: 11:38pm On Apr 13, 2018
saintade01:

Abeg let them be jor, the world ain't a place for weaklings, no room for weakness. let the younger keep kicking the older aZz one day he'll will be push to a limit and he'll fight back really hard... then the younger will know his place and boundaries. don't interfere
Re: Parents With 2 or More Boys How Do You Cope? by pretty16(f): 11:57pm On Apr 13, 2018
saintade01:

Ha! My own case is different. I have 3boys. The older is 5+, while the younger is 2+ and the 3rd is a few months. My first and 2nd are always at it. The younger will sometimes look for trouble, but the older gives it to him, and let's him know, boy! I am the boss. Am older than you, so sit your butt in one place. Am always bothered, cos I don't want them to fight and drag for stuff all the time, but ppl say boys will be boys, that they will out grow it with time. The older one most times likes to Bully his younger brother, and for that he gets an ass whooping. Most time I flog, I shout and they behave. Thanking God the Holiday is over. Its been a long 2weeks wink undecided " I think you need to keep setting them straight. Letting the younger one know the older is boss, so that he will have respect for him, So it doesn't get out of hand in the future.

3 Likes

Re: Parents With 2 or More Boys How Do You Cope? by Platony(m): 12:08am On Apr 14, 2018
It's fun for me wit my 3 boys..... D tin is,.. U will be nagging most tyms n canin too is very necessary. Though, na der mummy dey suffer am pass. But, it's fun anyways grin grin
Re: Parents With 2 or More Boys How Do You Cope? by Platony(m): 12:12am On Apr 14, 2018
pretty16:

Ha! My own case is different. I have 3boys. The older is 5+, while the younger is 2+ and the 3rd is a few months. My first and 2nd are always at it. The younger will sometimes look for trouble, but the older gives it to him, and let's him know, boy! I am the boss. Am older than you, so sit your butt in one place. Am always bothered, cos I don't want them to fight and drag for stuff all the time, but ppl say boys will be boys, that they will out grow it with time. The older one most times likes to Bully his younger brother, and for that he gets an ass whooping. Most time I flog, I shout and they behave. Thanking God the Holiday is over. Its been a long 2weeks wink undecided " I think you need to keep setting them straight. Letting the younger one know the older is boss, so that he will have respect for him, So it doesn't get out of hand in the future.
Same here, my eldest is 5, younger 2 den d 3rd, Jst a few months old. D older Broda most times let go of tins to d younger bro.

2 Likes

Re: Parents With 2 or More Boys How Do You Cope? by PqsMike: 12:14am On Apr 14, 2018
[quote author=victorian post=66690899]

Wao.....this is serious ...I really learn from this

Hope he get well soon

May your mum soul Rest in Peace.

Be strong ma'am

1 Like

Re: Parents With 2 or More Boys How Do You Cope? by chineduemmao: 12:15am On Apr 14, 2018
Ishilove:

2 years old, actually.

He can have a man to man talk with his two year old toddler. The words will probably will fly over the baby's head like fighter jets, but on the flip side, your meaningless droning will keep the boy reasonably baffled and occupied for the duration.
i have a 2 year old and am just imagining having a word with her...lol

1 Like

Re: Parents With 2 or More Boys How Do You Cope? by Ayokunlemi96(m): 12:16am On Apr 14, 2018
Op, hi. I pray your children will grow to become kids you'll be proud of, amen.

We are three boys too, I am the one in the middle. Big brother is two years older while kid brother is six years younger. I used to fight my big brother when I was small too, over every little thing and my big brother would hardly fight back. He saw me as someone to be protected or loved or something, we would play all sorts of and when it came to fights, he wouldn't engage.

I could remember when I was 4 or 5, dad bought us toy guns that used batteries, such that when you squeeze the trigger it would make gunshot sounds. Somehow the naughty in me wanted to know what made the sounds, I dismantled my gun and assembled it back, couldnt find what I was looking for and lost what I had. The sound stopped working. I became a mockery amongst our friends, the whole play group migrated to my brother's camp, so much bitterness came over me. Following day, as we were returning from school, I left my brother who would always hold my hand from school home (school wasnt far from home, both within an estate), and ran home, took his gun and smashed it. Brought us both to the same page.

Evening time, time for play, his gun wouldnt work, everyone knew it was me, my mum told him I did the evil job, hoping he would beat the evil out of me, but he didnt, he merely looked at me and moved on. He never fought me back. And when we grew up a liitle more I still refused to know my place, I would engage him in fisticuffs, my mom would see us and never seperate us, he started beating me back to back anytime we fought. Painment that I had was terrible, I would brew another fight and still get whooped. The last fight we had I was in Jss2 and he in Jss3, he beat my ass in the room, I went to the kitchen to pick the pestle to destroy his head, mom saw me as she was in the kitchen but didn't flinch. As soon as I came out of the kitchen and headed for the room, my dad ran to take the pestle from me. I think we had one silly fight after that, he beat my ass, I turned water on his bed to hurt him but my mom made me sleep in the wet bed overnight.

It will continue, the older boy sees the younger one as a companion, friend and naturally exudes love towards him but the younger one sees the older as a threat (strange stuff). To support this, my big brother wasn't scared, he was never a coward, he would fight anyone who tried to beat me, like real fight my mom would beg him to leave the person (as the story was told to me) and he once jumped down from a decking when he was 7 or 8. He told me to jump, I refused and he dared himself to it, broke his right foot though, the evil in me was once again happy. We were never scared (except for ghosts) and he never cowered (except against me, out of love).

Currently, my older brother is like my little daddy, I can't even mention a quarter of the things he has pulled for me. During our teenage years, I would think I was wiser and this nigga is just dumb, but on the contrary, he so depth, understanding and analytical. I respect him more than I will ever respect all A.P.C chieftains put together. I dropped all of my shenanigans after my teenage years.

My advice to you is to always make them know what is right, in due time they will adopt the measures. Policing, enforcing and persistent reprimanding will not do any good. My dad beat both my brother and I four times or so, little brother, twice. We turned out good, I bet you. They always told us what was right to do, they showed us by living it and God gave us the spirit of discernment to distinguish. My dad's immediate younger brother acts same way to my dad too and I know other bros too but in the end, we succumb to the guidance and leadership of our older brothers. So guide your wards and always pray for them. God be with you and yours.

6 Likes

Re: Parents With 2 or More Boys How Do You Cope? by chineduemmao: 12:16am On Apr 14, 2018
Lexusgs430:

You would be surprised how communicative a 3 year old can be.......

What do you suggest? Flogging or counselling?
am suggesting allowing kids be kids they will grow up someday.

1 Like

Re: Parents With 2 or More Boys How Do You Cope? by charlesazeh(m): 12:24am On Apr 14, 2018
Otedollaryen:
are you mad.? Whose your momma pikin? Do you know how many mouths I fed today. If you are not an illiterate you will know drugs are given to kids to make dem more manageable. Don't ever quote me when your brain is on stupid mode again.

How will you know anything when you spend all your time picking fights on nairaland. Olodo

Better read about ADHD and the drugs given to kids with such conditions.
. From this your response it's clearer to me that you be momma pikin, what do you feed those mouth with? Feeding bottles or spoons... grow up and understand that I don't pick fights here.. i hardly talk here because of immature like you...
Re: Parents With 2 or More Boys How Do You Cope? by Ishilove: 12:48am On Apr 14, 2018
0monnak0da:
it does ry not always work like that some younger ones are physically superior from a very young age especiallly when the gap is small. Often the instinctual drives not to be dominated are not evenly distributed.

Some animals eat grass or grain and some others eat their fellow animals. Like hawks
Heh. Was your account hacked? cheesy
Re: Parents With 2 or More Boys How Do You Cope? by vicfy(m): 12:56am On Apr 14, 2018
Make him start adding "Bro" to his elder brother's name. Its an old trick dt still works.. It all depends on d parents

1 Like

Re: Parents With 2 or More Boys How Do You Cope? by victorian(f): 1:19am On Apr 14, 2018
[quote author=PqsMike post=66691929][/quote]

Amen and amen..
Thank you

1 Like

Re: Parents With 2 or More Boys How Do You Cope? by victorian(f): 1:20am On Apr 14, 2018
AxceX:
Your story is really touching cry

My condolences cry

Am telling u sad

Thanks.
Re: Parents With 2 or More Boys How Do You Cope? by otipoju(m): 1:41am On Apr 14, 2018
saintade01:

Secretly teach him some moves or enroll him in taekwando class.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Is This Invading My Teenagers Privacy? / Why Are Men Becoming Lazy And Un-productive. / Lost But Found Stolen Girl In Kano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.